Hall Booth Smith Employee Reviews

Best place I’ve ever worked
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 25, 2019
A better work environment I cannot imagine. Excellent attorneys who care about staff, gorgeous office, flexible hours, collaborative coworkers, interesting work...the whole package. After 23 years as a paralegal, I will never change jobs again.
Pros
Team building events, holiday parties, birthday celebrations, firm paid disability, 401k matching
Toxic Work Environment
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 23, 2018
Very Unprofessional. Working here feels more like going to high school and being surrounded by cliques more than anything else. They are very judgmental. There is absolutely no management.
You are required to do your job and everything else in between. Coming into this job I was told what my job tittle was, told what my job duties were supposed to be but it was all a lie. They painted a pretty picture but in real life it was chaotic and unorganized.

The benefits are a complete joke, and the turn over rate for employees is amazing. Within four months there have been several people leave and new people hired. Keep in mind those hired were either friends of the current employees or someone that they knew outside of Hall Booth. Favoritism definitely plays the biggest role.

Not everyone who works here is unprofessional or unfriendly. There are a few people who are actually decent and treat your with respect. But that being said the few good people are out numbered by the rude, unprofessional people. But at the same time those people who were once so nice to you will turn on you and start talking and gossiping about you while you aren't around. You truly cant trust anyone here.

I don't know how work ever got done because there were more people standing around talking to each other about non work related things than there were people at their desks.
Toxic Experience
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 22, 2018
HR is almost non-existent. Legal assistant to attorney ratio is imbalanced. A good work ethic and pleasant disposition is completely unappreciated and wasted in this environment. The majority of the administrative staff members are unhelpful with bad attitudes. Very high deductibles for medical insurance.
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Need to be aware
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 6, 2018
There is no management and it does not bother anyone as long as the work gets done. More is required from individuals that do there work and put forth the initiative to get things done.

They say they have an open door policy, but when you go to them with a problem nothing is ever done about it. Most are just looking out for them self and will do whatever is necessary to try to make them look good.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Toxic environment
Not a Good Place
Adiministrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMay 30, 2018
One day all your work was excellent and then the next day your work was terrible. The same exact task that I would be praised for one day would called sub par the next, even though, literally nothing had changed with the work that I had done. Feedback on job performance was all over the place.

Going above and beyond meant nothing. Working well above my pay grade corresponded to a hand shake followed by slander of less capable coworkers. Doing well and working hard was a detriment not a benefit.

I would not recommend working here to anyone. I was told from day one that I would be moved up to a position commiserate with my education. I was told this the entire time I was there. One of the heads of the Firm looked me in the eye and said I would be moving up and be removed from doing meanial tasks. This never happened. In fact the exact opposite took place. It is a shaky environment when executives in the firm can not pass on their intent to subordinates or just out right did not mean what they said.

In the end a toxic environment caused me to stop wanting to go into work. The office management knew what was going on and simply did not care. Office politics was pretty cut throat. People would smile at me and stab me in the back the second I was out of earshot. What legitimate mistakes I made were magnified by the mediocre of the office in order to make themselves look better. I quit after it was clear nothing would be done about the daily pride swallowing I had to put up with and that it was clear that no one would honor what they said about my advancement.

The majority
  more... of the people there were great to work with. A few bad apples spoiled the place. Unfortunately the toxic people in that office were known by all and nothing was done about them.  less
Pros
Free lunches and perks
Cons
No chance for advancement and toxic work environment
No room for advancement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 30, 2018
I worked in a admin assistant position and felt as if I was invisible. I was consistently doing work for the same attorneys who literally could never remember who I was.
Look very closely
Paralegal/Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA Regional OfficeJanuary 15, 2018
Not a good work environment in regional offices, no training, no support from home office, they are too busy, high deductible medical insurance with no other options. Every office is managed differently and is not like the Atlanta culture that the firm advertises. Poor support. Everyone is out for themselves. Lawyers do not guide employees.
Pros
Coffee, snacks
Cons
Poor management. No training. Poor insurance.
Overall View
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 23, 2017
They presented themselves as something they were not. They paid well but let me go without giving me time to fix what they said was the problem all because they wanted someone else in my position.
Very helpful and friendly staff
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 9, 2017
I enjoyed working at Hall Booth Smith. Everyone there was very nice and helpful. The hardest part of the job was lack of communication between myself and the attorneys.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
length of employment
Wonderful place to work
Temporary Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 30, 2017
Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. This is a great place to work.
They are very flexible and family friendly. They are very professional and hard working and there is no drama.
Great place to work.
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 1, 2015
Hall Booth Smith is a great place to work. Wonderful compensation and benefits, great people to work with a work for, and good opportunity for advancement.
Beware
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorigaAugust 1, 2014
This is the worst law firm I have ever worked at. It is beyond unprofessional. You need to get along with certain people in the firm and if you happen to not get along with certain ones, you won't last long. They will lie, back stab you, create drama when there is none to be created, they spend a lot of their time gossiping and plotting to get rid of people they don't like. The HR department is a complete joke and the turnover is incredible. There were several inappropriate relationships going on and blackmail from the secretaries to the lawyers over it. The pay is also among the lowest in law firms in Atlanta. I wouldn't wish this firm on anyone.