HALLCON Employee Reviews

2.5
Ratings breakdown
Great Company to grow with
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 30, 2018
Alcon was a great opportunity for me and my family to get up to get ourselves up on our feet they work with you have a flexible schedule the great work ethics they really take care of you as an employee they care about your well-being and that is rare
Pass this up for home life
Driver (Former Employee) –  IdahoJuly 26, 2018
If you want a home life this job is not for you. 12 hours on and 8 off cuz dispatch will call you before the legal time they are allowed this company will not stand behind its employees.
super stressful
Driver (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 16, 2018
too many drivers for our area and not enough work, sometimes had to work past the legal limit too. dont do it.......................................................
The dispatchers are rude ignorant they hang up on you they try to send you on five trips at one time
CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2018
If you looking for something steady with a steady pay this is not the place to work for they lie about the money to pay is nothing but a cab service if you. If you want to be a taxi cab driver work at hallcon
overveiw
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 22, 2018
they was a wonderful company to work for ,had great people to work for & with and i wouldn't have left if my father hadn't passed away . it was just a sad time for me then & thats the only reason i ever left them.
being able to travel to see different area is the postive thing about the company
Somerville,TX. BNSF cadet yard (Current Employee) –  Somerville, TXJune 17, 2018
being able to meet new people is the positive thing. The hardest thing is being on call at different hours of the day or night and not knowing when they might call you.
Pros
meeting people and traveling
Cons
on call
Wonderful team
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 13, 2018
I just loved my team that I worked with at Hallcom. I worked with employees from all over the US and Canada. They are a good group with a big heart. They try to do right by their customers. They are constantly seeking out new and better ways of doing the job.
Cons
The benefits were too high cost wise.
It barely pays the bills and takes up ALL your time.
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 7, 2018
You will have NO life working as a road driver at Hallcon. Non-paid ON CALL ALL THE TIME except for your one day off. Very difficult, next to impossible to schedule any plans.
horrible place to work
driver (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 22, 2018
told you work a twelve hour shift but they have no clue what that means. you get to take a van home if you are a road driver but you have to pay to wash and vaccum it out every day with no reimbursement. may sit around on duty for 34hrs and not get a single call.
Pros
get a vehicle to take home
Cons
evrything else
Overworked and Underpaid
Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Yermo, CAMay 18, 2018
This job is 24/5. They can call out on another call even if you already worked 8. They have a no backing up policy that it ridiculous. You are also told to claim lunches even if you didn't get one. They do not follow DOT Laws as they are understaffed and I had worked several times 16-18 hours.
Serendipitous
Shuttle Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Newark, CAMay 5, 2018
Typically, preparing for the day ahead, ensuring that everything is up to snuff. I have learned that being thorough, pays for itself in the long run. Managers are great! Always jumping though hoops.
Driver culture is "we gotta stick together!".

The hardest part of the job is finding a parking spot.
The most enjoyable part of the job, the People!
Pros
free lunches, paid holidays, great benefits!, weekends off!
Cons
Haters are always gonna hate ~
always on call
Van driver (Current Employee) –  Rio Communities, NMMay 4, 2018
The duties are simply driving train crews and picking them up. The problem with the job is that I am on call most of the time. At times I have been assigned long term assignments away from my family.
Cons
On call at any time.
HAllcon
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 27, 2018
It was great while it lasted. Upper management needs to appreciate people more for what they do. Crazy work hours and high demand. Loved working there for the time I was there.
Pros
Long term company
Cons
crazy hours
Not worth your efforts
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Hauser, IDApril 15, 2018
On call is one thing, but how it’s run in Hauser is completely another. There is NO balance for work/life. If they don’t have enough drivers, even your days off are a joke, because you get called 5 times a day by dispatch for a shift/trip. The pay is not worth the hassle and headache of this job.
Pros
Rail crews are enjoyable
Cons
No balance. Not worth the pay.
Run Away
Worked in Corporate (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMarch 6, 2018
Run Away from this company as fast as you can. The culture is negative, consistent turnover, unaccessible management, poor pay, terrible benefits and the list goes on.

Drivers can make more bagging groceries than being on call 24/7 with no work life balance.
Internally all positions are lower 25% of the pay spectrum for what you do and there's a mean girls mentality within the HR department. Ownership has wrong people as managers and do not care either.

Unprofessionalism all the way around.
Pros
Cons
Read above
Lots of overtime
Utility Driver (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WAFebruary 4, 2018
Can be long random hours but adds up to high earnings. Newer vehicles. Working improving training for new hires new contract so it is a work in progress.
Pros
Pretty easy job
Cons
Random Schedulr
Road Driver Hauser Idaho
Road Driver (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 3, 2018
Poor management, not orientation for drivers. Manager and Site Supervisor play favorites, do not respond to calls or text. BNSF employees are outstanding and helpful. Low pay and not a good job if you desire a life outside of work.
Pros
Some good co workers
Cons
Management, schedule, favoritism
Flexible, quick response for management and efficient dispatch
Road driver (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 26, 2018
If you communicate with the current management team they make things happen for you in your favor. The only area I am knowledgeable about is Kansas City. I must say Kansas City rocks!!!!
Pros
Not micro managed however held accountable
Cons
Don't know when you're going to sleep
Not worth it
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 20, 2018
This job sucks awfully the pay is not enough to live on. They work you full-time and provide part-time pay. It's not worth the headache. The actual CN drivers make $20 + an hour doing the exact same thing so we should make the same amount
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Pay, on call, work life balance
Disorganized Crime
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTJanuary 15, 2018
Let's just say that, as a mature man, I choose not to waste time in my life. That includes the workplace. Hallcon's left hand did not know what the right was doing.......or even where it was. Another palpable thing is the subtle disdain the RR has for this company drivers because they are contracted outsiders and not one of "them". Good luck working "on call" for 10 hours per day that can span the 24 hour time period.
Cons
Disorganization