Halliburton Employee Reviews

Good Career Platform and Opportunities
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2018
Provided a good career prospects for those that want to take advantage.
Good development programs
Strong leadership
Global assignment opportunities for those that want them.
Oil Field Support
Regional Secretary (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 19, 2018
Great work environment
Excellent benefits
One of the best work experiences I had
Family friendly work environment
Very proefessional
Fantastic team of managers and employees
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lack of work so the office was closed down
Good place I love big red. Recommend it.
Service leader crew lead (Current Employee) –  Elmendorf, TXApril 18, 2018
Best job I ever had I live big red. Halliburton.
Lot of competition. Challenging job. This is a career not just a job. Benefits are good. Hard work but make good living
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Long hours away from family
Lots of hours and good benefits.
Electronic Technician III (Current Employee) –  Brownfield, TXApril 18, 2018
They give you as much overtime as you could want. They have good benefits and decent pay. I was looking for more training and advancement, as i had completed all training at my current level.
Good company
SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Duncan, OKApril 17, 2018
good company with good incentives, poor management in some areas, more political to move up than work based. overall a good company, just would like better home life balance
Pros
good, money/ benefits
Cons
home life, unstable economy
Excellent Company to work for
Sr. Tech. Professional (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 16, 2018
Halliburton is a good employer to work for, excellent work and life balance, good working hours, excellent field bonuses, and availability of development training.
Enjoyed my job
FSQC-Field Service Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  BakersfieldApril 16, 2018
Worked there for over 35 years and lived my job. It was stressful at times and sometimes management did not make it easier but I learned a lot about business and customer relations while I was there.
Halliburton
Mechanical tool tech (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 16, 2018
You work a lot of hours. They do not give raises in 3 years. Your Job depends on the oil economy. The Benefits are amazing. Management depends on their moods.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
uncertain job economy
A very difficult and political place to work
Human Resource Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDApril 16, 2018
At times it seemed the focus was on solely the numbers and my supervisor was not located locally. This at times was difficult in dealing with day to day situations that arose.
great company
Completion Tools Technician (Current Employee) –  Elmendorf, TXApril 15, 2018
great company with great benefits. However it is very hard to advance career in the PSL I am currently in. When I was getting hired on I was guaranteed a pay raise every 6 months. however almost a year in, no one in my PSL has seen a raise.
Benefits
Cons
No career advancement
great place to be
Frac Hand (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHApril 15, 2018
Very helpful staff and awesome place to work. They do work long hours and they do not stop for and weather condition unless its lightning. all around good place
Great company, 24/7 call
Technical Advisor, Business Development (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 14, 2018
This company provides you an opportunity to learn and advance in any number of oilfield services. If you are willing to travel and relocate, your options open up even more. As an account representative, the job is 24/7. You are always on call, and the work can be stressful. But overall, they take care of their own and provide good benefits.
Pros
Benefits, good salary, flexible hours.
Cons
lots of hours, stress
sucks
ATP/ Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 10, 2018
sucks wouldn't recommend it Technician (Former Employee) –
Hot work environment and physically demanding. Advancement in position is all in your hands. If you don't get the job done they will find someone who will. Great manager for my particular shop and area.
offshore environment
Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 9, 2018
offshore environment away from family, pat is decent if you are single. depends what department you are working with and if there is consistency with schedule.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
away from family
Nearly 2 years wondering if I still had a job.
Technical Professional (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 9, 2018
Nothing really special here except being the lowest paid professionals in the oilfield. Training was OK. Despite being told how they are a ''safe'' company to work for, still watched the head count get reduced to nearly nothing then turn around and beg the same people they laid off to come back. Also hours are way too much for how much you get paid.
Pros
Coworkers were pretty cool
Cons
Coworkers all hated their job too
It's a good company with excelent management.
Global Security Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2018
Great Place to Work! Can't complain of my experience at all. Management is great( At least my manager is a great person with strong leadership skills) Although maybe others don't share my opinion I've had a great experience working here and hope to continue to support the company for years to come.
A good Company
Manager Anvanced Cuttings Analysis, (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2018
 Halliburton Energy Services Manager of Advanced Sample Analysis (ASA) for the North American Southern Region.

ASA combined the analytical results of XRF, SEMEDX, Pyrolysis, and Gamma Ray to determine the chemical signature, and reservoir characteristics developed during the deposition and digenesis of rock units. The combination of these analytical methods was used to log both vertical and lateral sections of the borehole without the risk of “losing” normal logging tools. This service is also very effective in defining depositional environments such as fluvial channels and silt and clays associated with each channel that have a lack of/or questionable stratigraphic or palaeographic markers.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Long Work hours
ok place to work
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Homer City, PAApril 9, 2018
other workers are great to work with. management is not the best. you will have to travel the whole time working. you work 2 weeks on then one week off. the pay is not enough for the amount of travel you have to do and job responsibility.
Tough place to work but money could be made and advancement was possible
Nitrogen truck operator, warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Alice, TX and Al Khobar, Saudi ArabiaApril 8, 2018
Halliburton is a huge company and it is concerned more with the bottom line than its' employees. Of course, that is par for the course in business. I wouldn't work there again.
Pros
Fair salary, good time off
Cons
Hard managers, lots of finger pointing
Crew level management had issues, but great company overall
Service Supervisor I (Former Employee) –  Evansville, WYApril 8, 2018
Purely as a corporate entity, Halliburton is a fantastic company to work for. Incredible benefits, decent pay, lots of overtime. They hired me with absolutely zero experience, and I was offered my interview sight unseen. Only reason I left was due to too much elbow rubbing and "good ole boys club" mentality with management at crew level. If not for that, I'd honestly probably still be wearing red coveralls.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halliburton. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.6K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.5Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight