Halliburton

Based on 1,279 survey responses
What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Great exposure

Great exposure in the oil and gas industries working in different customers location,great trainings withing and outside the country

Pros

only when you are offshore

Cons

health care is ok

Good: nothingBad: everything

Every day employed was a waste. Terrible place to work, period. The turnover rate is unparalleled, and the culture is toxic. There is no appreciation for the people, and no opportunity to advance unless you know someone in upper management. They'll promise a raise, but never follow through.

Fun workplace

Had a great time while i was at Halliburton. I got to be in a team with people who i would consider mentors. I appreciate everything that i was taught to do.

Pros

Great work environment and friendly people

Cons

The closer you align yourself to the wellsite the better chance you have for long term employment. Support roles are up in the air every "downturn".

Work roles and responsibilities are clear. If you are in operations you keep your tasks ahead of you and do a good job and you will make a lot of money for as long as you want to. If you desire to climb the ladder and make a career out of it, then this may not be the place for you. Due to increased need to drive shareholder value and continuous improvement (moving jobs overseas to save money and cramming roles together after layoffs) most of management is cemented in place and when older employees retire a round robin takes place of higher tier experienced personnel. If you want to be region management or global management then get a time machine, get your degree and apply to this company in 2005. All of that said, this is a great company to make money, build a life and family all the while building a strong resume.

Pros

Pay (Overtime), Health Insurance, 401K

Cons

Ladder Climbing, Industry Volatility

Alright pay for no experience, but you are expected to know things you weren’t taught, management only cares about their job

You’re supposed to have a mentor but you may or may not get one even though they say you can’t do anything without one and told you are supposed to have one so they make up somebody to be your mentor that doesn’t mentor you and as soon as the head managament leaves the jobsite they go back to doing everything they werent supposed to do, unsafe work enviorment when you have people who have minimal knowledge doing things unsupervised.

Pros

You get paid

Cons

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Days off are a joke, with the worst job safety I've ever seen.

Very unsafe. A day off is a mortal sin at this place. If youre seeking employment, plan to live there. Plant and equipment are worn down. The employees are an amazing group of guys. Able to get tasks done, especially since running on almost no days off or downtime. Management is a joke, bunch of family and family friends run the show. Bypassing safety procedures and regulations are daily. The turn over rate is higher than ive ever seen. Ive seen more people walk out in 5 months than I've seen at facilities over years of time.Blowing a tank dry? Send it to the atmosphere.A device won't work because a sensor is out?Manipulate the sensor to get the job done.Hazardous waste tanks?Don't exist.Need a water break?Expect to be timed while drinking your water. If you're lucky enough to have water at the facility.Want your full hours on every check?Multiple times had hours missing, up to even half of my check at a time. They just pay that the next pay period. If you get all the hours on that check as well.

Pros

I had insurance here to deal with health problems from job

Cons

Everything.

14 days on 7 days off. The week off is over in a blink of an eye.

14 consecutive days of work!! 12 hr shifts. Decent pay 55-65k first year. Not great pay in my opinion for all the time you spend away from family. Bonuses.1 week off,but the week flies by! On the job training in a noisy environment. Repetitive tasks day in day out.Communicate with crew by using radio headsets entire duration of the shift.You could be assigned to a crew of guys that are cool and easy to get along with or you could get a crew you just don’t fit in with for whatever reason.

Pros

Free food at man camp. Bonuses.

Cons

Dangerous work. You will get banged up. Two weeks away from friends and family. Not worth it.

Easy to get in, pretty easy jobs to learn, however the wrong leader can severely impact your advancement and growth opportunities. In my several years here, I have not been given the position I should have for my job duties because money.

Pros

Easy job, decent benefits

Cons

Bad pay, 55+ hour weeks.

Shsjsjsjsjshdhdhshshhshhhshhshshshhdhs

Good place to work easy day everyday most of the people was good people learned a lot there it was fun pay wasn’t very good but it was a learning experience

Pros

One hour lunch on sundays

Cons

Pay

Good pay but no job security at all

It was a good experience but oil filed itself is not trustable. you could lose your job over night or you might be set for a year and make bank. if this doesnt bother you, go for it

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Job security

Show up and put in work

Straight forward job.Rotating shifts. Hard work and initiative go a long way.It's great while it last but when layoffs come make sure you have money put away

Pros

Pay and days off

Cons

Traveling

Being part of a global operation.

There should be a lot of potential at a company the size and stature of Halliburton. After 11 years, I'm still struggling to see it. There are a number of employees sitting in senior operational positions who are preventing others climb.

Pros

Benefits and salary.

Cons

Double standards for non-friends of key management.

The office staff

Halliburton was great to work for, I really enjoyed working with the people in the field and the office. They sent me around the world, it was a schooling that you will not find in college.

Pros

advancement

Cons

work alot of days per month

Hard work, but worth it

I absolutely loved working for Halliburton. Great benefits, good work life balance with a 2 week on, 1 week off schedule. Decent hourly pay, with an abundance of overtime. Leadership seemed to understand that it was often a rough, back breaking job and really took care of the employees

Pros

Cons

The only 2 cons are the intesity of physical work at times, which isn't for everyone, and the brutal weather in Wyoming. Obviously, that has nothing to do with Halliburton.

Toxic work culture

Will highly mistreat you when your a green hat , half of the supervisors will tear you down instead of constructive criticism. They will fire you out of the blue and your treated like a number. Personally was threatened by a supervisor because I looked at him the wrong way.. met one of the hardest working men I've ever met out there and he had been out there for over 10 years and still was doing the same things that I was doing because they didn't like him.. so dont expect to move up unless your one of the supervisors good friends.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Toxic culture short breaks

On the job training

This company is not good, they don't care about their workers or the environment and don't practice what they preach, what ever you suggests is good as long as it does not cost any money to them.

Pros

Cons

Very long hours

Good having something to do different all the time. The bed various hours worked and weather conditions

Working at Halliburton energy services I enjoyed the most driving the different pieces of equipment and meeting different people are and I enjoy driving the most

Driver

Best driving company there is. Best Pay. 2 weeks on 1 week off. 80-100k a year. If you're going to be a truck driver there's no better place than here. If sand runs low we do other runs.

Pros

pay schedule

Cons

24 hour reset gets old

Overall pretty good

Long hours but stable company. Good pay and benefits. Lots of opportunity for growth.Oil industry can be less stable for job security due to downturns.

Political

Very political, not worth the stress. Pay is change, only make decent money but working ungodly hours. Top guys get all the benefits, it's not what you know it's who you know. A lot of issues get swept under the rug

Pros

The Uniforms

Cons

All most everything else

Una escuela con sueldo!

Puedes aprender mucho mientras trajabando con este compania. No pagan igual que companias otras de petrol pero Halliburton oferece muchas opportunidades para apredender.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halliburton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1K

InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight