Halliburton Employee Reviews

Found 3,032 reviews matching the search See all 4,656 reviews
즐겁에 일 할 수있고 국제적 감각을 얻을 수 있음
FMS technician (Former Employee) –  McLean County, KYOctober 18, 2018
일하면서 외국인들과 함께 생활 하여 어학 능력이 향상 되었습니다.
한국에서 다른 문화권에서 오신 직원들과의 생활로 서로다른 문화를 공유 할 수 있어 좋습니다.

근무환경, 페이 좋았습니다.
I enjoyed it! Halliburton was a client of my company so it was a great experience.
Dept. Head/Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2018
Typical Day: Busy, but peaceful. I worked alone.

What I learned: Nothing new.

Management: GREAT...until new people came onboard.

Workplace Culture: Didn't really affect me.

The Hardest part: New Management.

Most Enjoyable Part: Coming and Going as I pleased.
Pros
Relaxed environment.
Cons
New Management
Good Place to Start
Lead Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2018
Good place to start if you are new to oil and gas industry as an engineer. They have one of the best training programs. Their benefits are average compared to industry standards.
Pros
Training programs
Cons
average benefits
Nice company
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHOctober 15, 2018
Good place to work at if you aren’t trying to be at home and have a family. Good people and good paying job. Awesome benefits, but the biggest con was being out of town so much.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Out of town, long hours
Good company
Frac Technician Trainee (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2018
Overall was a good company, they do give you a lot hours to work management was ok, they know their job, they do train you well before send you to work.
Decent
Service Supervisor 3 (Former Employee) –  Homer City, PAOctober 13, 2018
Company was ok to work for. However, they did not respect scheduled days off. Many rotations of working 5-7 weeks straight in order to fill in for other employees.
Pros
good managment at times
Cons
Work schedule not guaranteed.
Great people, Great Company, Tough Industry
Senior Technical Professional (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXOctober 13, 2018
Halliburton is a great company to start a career, learn new skills, and make connections. As a service company in the Oil and Gas industry expect layoffs every 4-5 years.
Hourly rate sucks
Tool Tech I (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAOctober 10, 2018
They under pay all their employees. The work you put out doesn’t show when it comes to payday. They give you a hard time to climb up the ladder and get a promotion because they don’t want to pay you.
Great work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKOctober 9, 2018
Working for halliburton was a great experaince i am thinking about reapplying and trying to get my job back there and pursuing a career as a mechanic for the company
Pros
good work
Cons
distance from home
Accounting clerk
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Evanston,WyomingOctober 9, 2018
Help start this office. I did all the accounts payable and all financials for the office. Did IFTA reports monthly, expense reports, help train all the employees.
Pros
Loved working there
Cons
Being laid off
Halliburton was a difficult place to work
Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2018
Halliburton bought the company that I worked for and the company that was bought had bought the previous company that was very small in size. Therefor the ability to make independent decisions and see the fruition of those decisions did not exist. It was a very structured environment and control was completely maintained at the top.
Pros
Employment
Cons
To much structure
Great logistic systems for supply and demand of products.
Mud Engineer (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKOctober 7, 2018
Have an excellent system of logistics for their brand name products. Excellent warehouse management of sack product and OBM mud plant. Not many generic products used for their drilling programs. Since the products have branded names and also have MSDS sheets that explain what each product does. Tech professionals will coach you over everything you need to know each product, formations, and safety protocols for each product as well.
Pros
Company truck, great benefits, and tech professionals that handle issues allowing the engineer to focus on work.
Cons
Comp plan is usually not the higher end of the spectrum in comparison with other companies.
No recognition for hard work
Mechanical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2018
Too much middle management, no recognition for employees, to much emphasis on process and not enough on products. Outsource too many jobs overseas, not a very good corporate citizen. Main facilities have access to more employee benefits than the smaller facilities, pay is competitive, job advancement not great.
Pros
Pay. Benefits, work flexibility
Cons
Too big
halliburton
Sample Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 5, 2018
the boss wasn't willing to teach, repeatedly called me dumb in different ways, I did not enjoy the work or atmosphere. other then the safety certifications and training it was not worth my time
Good place to work at
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAOctober 4, 2018
I love working for Halliburton the money is good they appreciate you you learn a lot of things I would still be there until I got layoff I enjoyed working for them
Pros
Got predem on jobs
Cons
Got breaks in between
Great company as far as the prestige is concerned.
Well Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasOctober 4, 2018
When interviewing I had no idea what type of work I was being hired for. I just knew it would be in the mechanical realm as my resume is loaded with that type of experience. After being here a while I can't understand where they looked at my resume and placed me in the position that I am in. My background tells whoever that looks at it that I troubleshoot problems, diagnose problems, and handle the situation accordingly. My current position does none of that. I'm confused as to what they thought they saw when they went over my resume.
Not a bad company.
Truck Driver, Materials Transfer (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAOctober 1, 2018
I had a good working relationship with my bosses and coworkers. We did work together as a team. My truck was definitely maintained. If I had a problem there were clear management channels to follow and plentiful hours. I just could not follow them to Ohio when they closed down the local yard here.
Fun place to work
Frac Engineer (Current Employee) –  El Reno, OKOctober 1, 2018
At Halliburton, the job is pretty okay the management is also nice pretty decent and benefits are very nice i will push people to go for the job with them.
Low Morale. Local advancement opportunities removed
Worker Bee (Current Employee) –  Duncan, OKSeptember 27, 2018
Until a few years ago, Finance in Duncan was a great place to work. When upper management in Houston determined it was time to make some big changes, many benefits were removed such as holiday parties, promotions, advancement, MVP awards, etc.
The latest, biggest move of outsourcing the finance department to India is the biggest blow to Morale.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Layoffs
Very good collaegs
Senior Directional Driller F17 (Former Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaSeptember 27, 2018
I became aDD from F13 to F17, good flights, nice colleagues good environment, special job, high performance.
Many and benefits re very good and always on time.
Pros
Lunch, work boots, coverolls
Cons
Health care, Flights<

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halliburton. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K
41.7K

Diversity score

66out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Halliburton.

Powered by Comparably