Halliburton Employee Reviews

41.7K
Found 2,963 reviews matching the search See all 4,543 reviews
Good Place to Work
SENIOR REGION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Provincia de PanamáAugust 12, 2018
Great company and good place to work , also benefits are good .

Halliburton allow you to develop and set your goal and participate in with high level management to create upper level paths .
Halliburton review
Manufacturing Production Manager for the Wireline (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth , TexasAugust 12, 2018
My time with Halliburton was from 1978 -2000 so this review is dated. Please consider this old information.
The typical work days were work focused rather than multi meeting driven. I learned the fundamentals of the entire manufacturing process over a 22 year period. I learned management and leadership skills. I learned real team work where the team pulled together to make it happen. Management was still in the good ole boy stage back in my early years but I saw the transformation to a much higher level of management style in the 90's. The work place culture was more of a family than a job. We were close and took care of each other. I think the best part of the job and time was the actual social environment the employees enjoyed together. The manufacturing plant was delivering equipment as planned and we were good at it.
Pros
profit sharing plan
Cons
advancement was hard to achieve back then but has improved over time.
The Halliburton company provides services and technological solutions throughout the life of the field
HSE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tengiz field, KazakhstanAugust 10, 2018
Under general supervision, responsible for field level implementation of health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and guidelines as instructed. Duties are likely to be within a defined project, work site or geographic location. Activities include but are not limited to risk identification and management, incident and investigation, waste minimization, pollution prevention and control, various compliance activities and implementation of various aspects of management systems in all areas of HSE
Overall Halliburton is an ok company to work for
Service Planner III (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TX 79763August 9, 2018
A typical day at work is fast and your on the go all the time. I learned a lot computer software as well as oil & gas info. Management was not very good in department where I worked at, but if you can find a good manager then the job should be good to go.
Halliburton was an oil/natural gas company focused on profit
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYAugust 7, 2018
I was a supervisor at Halliburton who managed about a 15 person crew. An average day involved building and repairing natural gas pumping units and clean up. Managements main focus was profit but did focus on safety as they could lose contracts over injury. The culture was very roughneck and the hardest part of the job was the long hours. The most enjoyable for me was the hard work.
Pros
Lots of hard work
great Job
Dry Gel/ Blender Operator (Current Employee) –  Kilgore, TX 75662August 4, 2018
Stressful day to day duties
I learned how to fracture
The management could us a bit more work
the heat during the summer days, working on the trucks
my coworkers
Productive and Hard working environment.
Frac Acid Operator (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHAugust 3, 2018
This is a great job for someone without kids. It is also good if you are okay with being away from your famiy for 3 weeks at a time. Also if you can be off a week and find it well enough to be able to make up for the three weeks working.
Positive Experience
Service Specialist I - Completion Tools (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDAugust 3, 2018
The primary difference between Schlumberger and Halliburton in Williston, ND during the boom was this:
Halliburton was a safer place to "work", while Schlumberger was a safer place to "drive."
Halliburton was a that I started assuming the responsibility of the QHSE department from my own. ofcource had some difficult that was eliminated.
HSE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kwanda Base, Soyo AngolaAugust 3, 2018
Had a chance to learn, comply and make people understand what was company aim and objectives regard QHSE. Ialso had the first chance to sellect subjects topics of the weekly general meeting and conduct it. I mean started growing up and make fisrt safe steps with Halliburton. That was interesting.
Pros
Was good for most of employees at the time I was there.
Cons
Visually was no people complaining at all.
Management needs to not be chosen from a preschool playground.
Inventory management (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 2, 2018
Management is lost, with no direction is sight. everything is ran backwards.
Company is now ran by a bunch of wet behind the ears college graduates that have little if any knowledge of the field. Poor financial decisions are being made all around. Lay off 50 employees due to " budget issues/cuts" and turn around the next day and repaint the entire shop floor. Wheres the logic here?
Pros
provided a paycheck?
Cons
This box I'm typing is more interested in my opinion than management was.
Big Company
Technical Manager, Global Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2018
Halliburton is a big company with lots of moving parts. Not all are moving in the same direction at the same time but overall the company has been able to grow in a down market.
Good for experience
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 1, 2018
I enjoyed the company when I first started, but the lack of promotion and career development in the department I work in has really discouraged me. I notice other departments are treated better, and they get the opportunity for advancement more often.
Great place to work.
Truck Driver/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJuly 31, 2018
The days where always long with some being hard if you had multiple jobs in one day. I did learn about different aspects of the oil field industry. We tried to keep a fun workplace culture. The hardest part of the job came on the sites when we had to rig up and down for cement jobs but the most enjoyable times came when we received those pay checks.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Demanding work load sometimes.
Hard work
Frac Hand (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDJuly 30, 2018
This is a great job for a single person or a short term, make money quick, family person. I love my coworkers and love working hard. The hardest thing was not seeing my family.
Still pays well, but it's better days are in the past
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Duncan, OKJuly 29, 2018
Used to be like family, but corporate in Houston has all but destroyed that dynamic. Watch out for yourself and you'll be fine. Don't believe a lot of the hype started by the corporate propaganda machine.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Travel, accenture
Halliburton was one of the best I ever had.
Wireline Operator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 28, 2018
It was a fulfilling job and enjoyed it. We worked a lot of hours and I enjoyed the crew I worked with. it was a fun environment and I had a lot of fun.
Productive, Competitive & Fun
Strategic Sourcing Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2018
Run my reports
Execute all tasks on my to do list per my plan for the week
Allocate some time to look at the flow of my work and identify if there is any opportunity for a process improvement
Brain storm solutions on current problems/issues
Collaborate and communicate with the team daily
Ask for feedback from peers, supervisors/managers and business partners
Pros
Mange my own time, my working hours
Temporary Machinist
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJuly 26, 2018
Overall, the experience was great. A little bit off my areospace manufacturing background. Always learning something new everyday, whether it was about the pumps or machining.
The Opportunity is There
Completions Engineerr (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJuly 25, 2018
Halliburton offers great opportunities for those who are looking to start or change up their career. Halliburton has offered some of the best employee training and development programs that train you to do your job very effectively. Its not perfect but for anyone looking to try a career in the oilfield with little to no experience but a strong work ethic, this is the place to start. Excellent benefits are offered as well.
Pros
Benefits, Training, Pay
Cons
Management, Advancement, Long Hours Away from Home at Times
Safety Coordinator
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Angola, AfricaJuly 24, 2018
 Created strategic HOC (Hazards Observation Cards) that increased safety and incidents awareness from onshore to offshore drilling and production operators.
 Promoted regular safety drills and conventions that unified third parties, contractors, and host company
 Established the most significant fields’ inspections, fire watch, and incidents responses programs that reduced the incident index to zero.
 Expanded company safety strategies thru crew safety representative which increased the safety impact

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halliburton. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight