Halliburton

United States4,623 reviews

Found 4,623 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,971 reviews
oiloilfieldfracfieldrigsafetydrillingindustry

Great exposure

Great exposure in the oil and gas industries working in different customers location,great trainings withing and outside the country

Pros

only when you are offshore

Cons

health care is ok

Big OFS company with culture in field

One of the big oilfield services provider but sadly the situation is going for good to worst each time . Everyday you will learn a new idea or way to do stuff but you will eventually hate working here as it will start to get routinely everyday .salary is good for some and very bad for others depends on your position and nogotiation .if you are thinking of changing SLB OR BKHG for halliburton you will disappointed.there is no career plan

Pros

Learning, work/life balance, relaxed jobs

Cons

Management, HR against employees, accommodation is very degraded

Halliburton insights

Based on 1,822 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

The leads and management are never satisfied

I got left alone to do a 5 person job and it looked better when I was done working a week by myself then it did when the other workers would go on days off. I have always been a valuable employee at every job I have worked at but the people that I worked with here hated me because I made them look bad. When I got hired I was told I would be on my husband's rotation and they ended up putting me on the opposite schedule and I tried to work something out for 6 months to get on the schedule I was promised and they were not accommodating. The people that watched me work from the other departments were also confused why they treated me like garbage and talked bad about me because they seen that I worked really hard.

Pros

There's no pros working for a toxic environment

Cons

Toxic people around

It's a horrible place

Don't waste your time and energy working here. This place doesn't care about employees, it's just a place that will find another one when you leave.

Opportunities to Grow

Worked many hours and was given many opportunities to grow and expand within the company. Management was supportive of growth and work/life balance. Enjoyed everyone I worked with.

What is the best part of working at the company?The benefits are great and very useful.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?So many chiefs and not enough indians!What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Safely and clean, very friendly What is a typical day like for you at the company?laid back, lunch's were cooked to order.

Good place.

Good place to work and learn. Pay is not too bad, more on the good side. If you land on the right crew, you can definitely learn a lot. Good people to work with

Good hiring process

I had a pleasant hiring process with the company. The company provided a very detailed offer which made me analyze if the job was something I really wanted to experience.

Best work place I have worked

Never had any issues will working for this company. Very good foreman. Get what you need to do your job. No what else to tell you. You have to experience it for yourself.

Pros

Pay, 30 day vacation, great management

Cons

14/7, not stable employment, far from home

Great company to work for

The pay and benefits are very good. The 401k was excellent. I would have retired at 60 years old. If I hadn't been laid off. There was a company annual raise. Plus you could get step raises by doing company courses on line.

Good work

Oilfield work so it's long and hard, halliburton had great opportunity to move up and make it a career, it can be hard on the family since your working and gone a lot but it's what you make of it.

Great manager/employee atmosphere

Direct exposure to department management was refreshing. Work atmosphere was in general a fun, laid back experience. Freedom to get my work done at my own pace and structure.

Job Function Not Defined

Let's just say what your job function is vs what other roles you have to do are two different things. You have other peoples job to do on top of your own. People have left and there has not been any backfill. The ones left over have more roles to fill and management doesn't care sitting at home as we call it "WORK FROM HOME" lifting their remotes and 40 ouncers.

What is the best part of working at the company?Learning new skills What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Learning new skills and gaining new experiences What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Friendly work environment What is a typical day like for you at the company?A day to learn

What is the best part of working at the company?Well established international company with high level of professionalism.Very attentive to employees needs and wellness.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Uncertainties based on current narrative of fossil fuels.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Professional work environment with a culture based in safety.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Busy and gratifying.

What is the best part of working at the company?Safe to work for Halliburton for 35 yearsWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?My first 15 years beaning on call all the time. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great working with different people.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Busy in my day to day operation.

Very little down time and decent pay

Just a stepping stone for experience and knowledge in the oilfield. Shows a lot of favoritism no matter how hard you work if you’re not in their “group” no raise for you.

Pros

Plenty of overtime

Cons

Politics

Easy work and good pay

Halliburton is a good company to work for especially if you’re new to the oilfields; great benefits and decent pay. It’s rough at times the hours spent here, but you’re warned before hired. The work is fairly easy I believe.

Hard labor

Great if you’re not lazy and wanted to come in to just collect a check otherwise you won’t last when it comes to rigging up and rigging down. At the end of the day your just a number to the company but if you do your job you don’t have to be worried about getting let go first when it comes to layoffs.

What is the best part of working at the company?I have been with the company for about 4 years on and off for about 7 years and unfortunately it has changed for the worse. Leadership is unprofessional, HR only looks put for the company and not for its employees. Safety is basically non existent regardless of what they preach. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Time away from family while barely making 60k a year What is the work environment and culture like at the company?There is no culture you are just a number to them.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Wake up work, get home and prepare to work the next day. On your days off then you stress about going back to work.

Ok place

Ok place to work. PAtience climbing up the ladder though. Away from home two weeks at a time. Not a good option for a family man with wife and kids. Decent pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halliburton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight