HallKeen Management, Inc. Employee Reviews

Safe environment
Maintenance director (Former Employee) –  New Bedford MassachusettsMay 16, 2019
Making sure that I was making the right decision at the right time and also making sure that all my co-workers will safe it was a good working place overall
Very Happy
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 14, 2019
Great company overall. I am lucky to have an excellent regional manager that understands day to day functions, and is very supportive. I have heard from other managers that other regional managers within the company can be difficult to work for. Corporate office overall is very supportive, but lack of knowledge/ staff in the accounting and compliance departments can be very challenging at times. Onsite managers are expected to be more hands on than some bigger management companies. This style works well for me, but is not for everyone.

It would be nice if upper management made more visits to the sites to get to know the properties/ staff.
Pros
Work load, pay/ benefits, opportunites for growth
Cons
Lack of visability of upper managment
Never stops changing...
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 28, 2019
There is always turnover with poor staffing and then no respect for the site staff+always under appreciated. Site try to have a "team" feel, but it doeesn't work if no one actually cares what you have to say.
Work place
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 21, 2019
residents are great
some of the managers were great also
one of the cleanest assisted livings I've ever encountered
nothing was hard to handle at the work site
Awsome Company
Recertification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 16, 2019
Amazing Staff with very busy and demanding but, overall good residents. Is very easy to get along with staff as we are like a small family. Fun monthly activities with the residents.
Pros
I do not work Weekends
Cons
No bonuses
Great Place to Work
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MANovember 12, 2018
I work in the Corporate Office, and every day is something different. Everyone is very friendly and supportive of one another, so it never hurts to reach out for help or to ask any question you could think of. The benefits of working here certainly outweigh the workload, which at times can be pretty hectic. But, it is a quick pace work environment for most of the time during the month, yet there are still slow spots. Overall, it has been a great experience for me and I look forward to continue working with Hallkeen and furthering my career here.
Pros
- Great benefits - Friendly envioronment - Flexible hours
Cons
- Low staffing at property levels
Overall great company to work for with great incentives
Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAOctober 12, 2018
I really enjoy working at HallKeen Management. My supervisor is extremely understanding and has always given me flexibility in my job when it comes to caring for my infant at home when things come up.

I really enjoy the work I do in the marketing department and have really appreciated the creative reign I have been allotted on various projects.

The hours are great, and you can't beat their robust benefits package.

They are overall a great company to work for, and I can't wait to excel in my career here at HallKeen.
Pros
Breakfast every wednesday at coorporate office
Cons
N/a
Great company
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Turners Falls, MAOctober 7, 2018
Maintained a 82 unit low income property. Daily grounds were cleaned, complete work/repair orders for tenants, preventive maintenance on buildings, systems, tools and equipment, landscaping, snow removal, shared on call responsibility.
Not a productive or supportive working environment.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MASeptember 17, 2018
The company is culture is cold & unsupportive. Your errors are highlighted far more than your accomplishments. Due to lack of corporate staffing, the onsite property staff is inundated with tasks and deadlines that are almost impossible to meet. The tools and information necessary to succeed are not provided initially which results in feeling like you have been thrown to the wolves once you learn everything that is expected of you. Corporate doesn't seem aware or concerned with the volume of requests and interactions on the site level. HR does not provide adequate support or disciplinary actions to support management decisions causing subordinates to undermine management positions.
Pros
No micro managing
Cons
Healthcare plan not desirable. Lack of Management support or direction.
Horrible Company To Work For
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutAugust 9, 2018
Corporate Office based in Norwood has extreme micromanaging style and unreal views of typical day to day responsibilities of on site management in extremely troubled or disadvantaged communities. Under pays employees working in extremely high crime areas, while over working them. Most staff are uncertain of their future with the company on a day to day basis. Extremely high employee turn over rate. Site offices are turned over to new managers in distress with the expectation of a miracle to happen. Company is one sided (Which ever side their side is in a situation) and seems to be only interested in pleasing the owners, providing quantity amounts of revenue instead of focusing on affordable housing in their geographical markets. They are quick to evict a resident rather than work through a remedy.
Poor Upper Management
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 22, 2018
When major issues were reported to the upper management they were just swept under the rug. Several employees complained about how there regional manager was treating them and they never did anything about it. It was sad to see how the employees who were not on the top of the food chain were treated. There is favoritism in this company and it was very evident. Don't bother complaining about how your supervisor treats you because the complaints will be ignored!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Complaints are not addressed in a proper manner
Would not recommend working here
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Revere, MAMay 22, 2018
This was by far the worst company management wise that I’ve ever worked for. There’s NO support in the building and the ED could really careless about the things that go on and complaints. Although the compensation was great for me because I was a nurse, but I would tell you I would rather get paid as an aide then work at this location.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
No support & Poor Mangement
great company
Director of Facilities (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 19, 2018
was a great company to work for just was thrown into complicated mess of directors. the company itself was great and benefits were amazing. Overall it was a good experience
Love it Here!
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAMarch 7, 2018
I work in the corporate office, not on-site at our properties, although I do have some interaction with property staff. I love being here and I am encouraged to learn the business. The people are great and everyone is working hard, but we have fun too. I have a good relationship with property staff as well, although I only know them by email. HallKeen has been a great employer so far and I don't have any intention to leave. :)
Terrible Management
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 17, 2018
Worst company I have ever worked for, Manager in office is lazy and racist. They complained about trash but would not pick a piece of trash up as they walked. Making the property look good is a team effort but they were too lazy to care.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, unorganized, none care attitude by management
Not A Great Conpany
Asst Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 7, 2018
There’s a lot of conflict of interest within the company, a lot managers with preferences and they definitely underpay employees for their high expectations and little to no training in certain properties.
Pros
Cons
Underpaid and Little Appreciation
Not a fun place to work - no personalization
Assistant Property Manager/Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MASeptember 8, 2017
Your just an employee to them, nothing more. Overlooked for promotions. Terrible communication. Would not recommend. Regional Managers did not support site staff.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  North Adams, MAAugust 3, 2017
I really would rather not say what I encountered while working for this company. The company is large and the people are nice. There are some scum bags that you encounter.
Variety
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 22, 2017
Great people to work with! A variety of duties and no two days are the same. Community amenities are close by and easy to walk to. Clients are pleasant to work with.
Pros
Helpfull staff.
Cons
Major traffic in the area.
a laid back environment
Receptionist/ Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAFebruary 17, 2017
Working at the housing complex office was probably one of the best jobs. Everyone was so understanding and kind. The work load was light but it was lengthy. Learned how to multi-task a lot more from this job.
Pros
close to my house
Cons
only a temporary job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HallKeen Management, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

HallKeen Management, Inc. Reviews by Location