Hallmark Aviation Services Employee Reviews

Good job. Pays great.
Customer Service Agent/ Lost & Found Agent (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 9, 2018
Met new people from different cultures; fun once you get settled in & learn the basics. Customer Service is also about learning the computer system the airline has set up. once you get pass that, everything is smooth sailing from there.
busy airport
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 7, 2018
big on customer service, high and low seasons, minimum wage to start. southwest flight benefits, meet people from all over the world, room to grow, learn new skills
Not too Good
Customer service Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 10, 2018
Very Flexible schedule but poor benefits and mandatory overtime. As a student, it is not a good choice or option for me due to the fact that poor pay and gas cost, parking cost without being covered can affect a lots.
Best job I ever had
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 31, 2018
Working for Hallmark aviation was one of the greatest experiences of my life! I always wanted to work at an airport and I got to do that and have fun and make new friends and gain new family members. I'll never forget the wonderful people I worked with and some of the great guests I served.
Pros
Doing what I loved and meeting people from all over the world
Cons
Long, inconsistent hours
Working Environment is fun
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 24, 2018
Everything is just fine. Since we only have one flight, we only work flat 4 hours a day in 5 days. Stuffs from my station isn't stressful or something bad that'll make you complain.
Cons
10 Mins Breaks, and Foods
No benefits
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 24, 2018
Since it's a contract position, there are no sick, vacation, or PTO given to the employees. If you want time off, you have to find your own trade. They do give you LOA if you ask for it 2 months in advance, but they don't like doing it. The business manager is somewhat unprofessional in her disposition.
Horrible mgmt from the top to h.r where your suppose to feel safe
Customer service representative ticketing (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 15, 2018
Having previous airline work history this company has a HIGH TURN over rate due to mostly mgmt no advencement took 2 years to get a pay increase and that was only because port authority made them raise it.. Be ready to dedicate your life due to fact there always understaffed and mgmt and h.r treat you like your a child ..
Pros
coworkers and learning how the airline industry runs on daily basis
Cons
mgmt, short breaks, always under staffed . no pay raises after yearly reviews
Productive and very active type of work
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  John F. Kennedy Airport, NYMay 7, 2018
The work was hard but fair keeping you on your toes throughout the day. Everyday their is something new you meet people from all around the world. The experience is like nothing you'll ever get anywhere else.
Pros
discounts on airport items, benefits with southwest airlines
Cons
short breaks, very active set of working
its cool or whatever
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 14, 2018
the people are cool the job is not difficult the pay is minimum wage so that sucks but its to be expected as a customer service agent. not a lifelong career but some people do it anyway
I work hard and learn everything for my position.
Passenger Service Agent at Emirates (Current Employee) –  Jf Kennedy Ap, NYApril 3, 2018
I love to work very fast paced and I learned everything for my position. Wherever I work I expected to be challenged and taught new skills. The workplace is very comfortable to work.
Challenging
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2018
This position was very challenging since it was contracted with Turkish Airlines. Verifing passports and identification and all the criteria with Aviation for travelers.
Pros
Meeting people from all over
Cons
some time cancelled flights and upset passengers
Do not work for hallmark aviation
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 24, 2018
Hallmark aviation does not give raises!! They do not care if their turnover rate is high. They do not care about having good employees. There are no evaluations. They do not provide employees with an updated handbook and their human resources department does whatever the regional manager says so there is no point in complaining! There is nothing but progressive disipline here. You will start off making 10.00 And if you stay with the company for 5 years, you will still make the same rate of pay.
Pros
They give hours because of the flights
Cons
No raises
Fun environment
Customer Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 21, 2018
Meet great people. Hopefully they get flight benefits would make it worth your while! They have a great training program where you are able to learn enough to do your job effectively!
Pros
Strong support system, meet new people, work at the airport everyday is different
Cons
Pay more for LA, ground company so you have different sets of management
custom flight training per applicant
Advanced training Instructor (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 14, 2018
Contract services as needed, Multi, instrument, flt. reviews. 709 training, tailwheel endorsements, aerobatics, formation,complex endorsements, high performance endorsements.
Backwards
QANTAS First - LAX (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 9, 2018
Great experience, really bad atmosphere.

Its the People management like who advance not the people who actually work.

Hallmark is one of the most incompetent, bush leauge, ridiculous company i have ever worked for.

The Concierge supervisors have no idea and the servers are like high school kids.

A real slap in the face for the work ethic QANTAS is famous for.

Good experience, meet a lot of celebrity's and interesting people.

Originally from Oregon, Worked there for a year and had enough. Overall good experience but 6 months is enough.

Going into LAX everyday is like going into jail for the first time, everyday.

Certain people definitely bring the property value down.

I'm like a lot of people at the lounge, looking for something better.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Dead end job
Productive place to work in
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 24, 2018
Was a good place to work at
Very good company
Responsible and very good to there employees.
Professional
If I needed anything I knew I was able to contact them
great place
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 17, 2018
It was a really great place to work at. I learned something new everyday. I would deal with all kinds of different people on daily basis. It was never boring. Something new everyday.
Good colleagues and fun working
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2018
It is New in NYC, they are improving everyday. Very good place for the starter. On time payment and other benefits are available. Best place for those who are customer oriented and love to meet new people.
Pros
Meeting new faces everyday including the celebrities
Cons
Not much carrier growth
Deteriorating work environment and stagnating pay
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 5, 2018
The first few years, there was a different management team that had an open door policy. You got a sense that the station manager would treat you fairly and be attentive to team needs. The various account managers could be either helpful or deliberately obstructive and ranged in skill from competent and conscientious to destructively clueless. One particular manager was so careless with I ended up in the hospital for a week because he put my safety at risk.
Things inevitably went downhill after the change of management structure, as there was even less oversight and a sharp decrease in opportunities for advancement. It took me four years to secure regular, full time hours. Regular salary review was no longer done after that and whatever pay raises were made were for the bare minimum of Port Authority requirements, just keeping things slightly above minimum wage. The company reasoned that it was more cost effective to pay for the training of new hires than to give pay increases to experienced, veteran workers. As a result, there would be periodic mass exoduses of experienced workers. Those who didn't leave would be subjected to manipulations from certain managers. Ultimately, there was never anyone for the workers to go to when they needed help. A few times, workers tried to unionize but managers encouraged supervisors to resist these efforts.
So by the time I left, there was very little about the company to foster loyalty or unity
Pros
Some discounts on airline tickets
Cons
Stagnating pay, corporate disloyalty
Need better management.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJanuary 30, 2018
You only accumulate 5 days over a year to use for sick, personal or vacation. A lot of favoritism. Turnover rate is high. A lot of people quit or do not stay for to long and they gotta keep hiring. Mess up on pay and lose personal documentation. Some managers and supervisors will quickly throw you under the bus. You get to interact with a lot of people.