Hallmark Health System Employee Reviews

Family atmosphere, sometimes stressful but fun
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 24, 2018
Great company to work for! They care about their employees and their overall well-being. This is a very competitive business but overall I feel that Hallmark Health cares about me.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, "family" feel
Cons
Medical field is stressful
i enjoyed working for the company
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXFebruary 27, 2018
it was easy but patient was mad at me for reporting her boyfriend for fighting on her and not feeding her and had her on drugs.i did my job as an employee
Pros
good company
Cons
not enough work
Putting money making ahead of safe patient care.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Melrose, MAFebruary 26, 2018
The new regime only has dollar signs in their eyes... even if making a buck is at the patients expense. Saving money is the primary concern, even if it means sacrificing patient safety. When brought to managements attention, they don’t want to hear it. Many employees have left, and many others are in the process of leaving. If you like money hungry administrators, low pay, no appreciation, unsafe conditions and want to gamble with your license then feel free to work here... although hiring adequate staff costs money... and that’s something this administration does not want to spend... go somewhere you’ll be appreciated.
Pros
Local
Cons
Low pay
Hostile environment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 25, 2018
A typical day starts with unexpected sick calls from nurses. Which puts stress on the office for the pt to be covered.
A lot goes on behind closed doors.
Management has to be open to listen to employees and be open to constructive criticism.
Managers have their heads in the cloud and would not accept any complaints; they take it personal
when you make a mistake own it, and lets fix it instead of throwing people under the bus.
Pros
Cant think of anything
Cons
No breaks, unpaid lunch time ( which they tell you you have to go by law, but we will not pay you) . Low salary with a lot of work. Disrespectful to workers.
Great co-workers
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Melrose, MAJanuary 29, 2018
Good work enviroment. Good management team. Benefits are competitive. Salary is competitive. Location is convenient. Potential to transfer within the company.
Poor management
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Melrose, MAJanuary 11, 2018
I enjoyed the work I preformed on a daily basis but when a problem arose management would not address it properly, multiple times and this made working there hard.
A terrible place to work
Sorry no information needed (Former Employee) –  Melrose, MAJanuary 7, 2018
Management is selfish they do not care about the employee. Very poor moral due to constant lay offs and cuts in work hours. Hallmark health is going down the tube quickly. Human resources is a cut throat department., they do not help make situations better when they are needed to do so. The organization is no longer a top hospital to work for at this point it doesn't even make the list of hospitals to work for. Sad change for what use to be 10 yrs ago a wonderful place to work. Think twice before making a bad dicission and applying to hallmark health. There are more caring people to work for and better places to work.
Pros
local
Cons
Poor management and lack of interest towards their employees.
Is a good place to work. People work well together and are respectful of one another.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Melrose, MADecember 30, 2017
I care for 4-5 med-Surg patients in a 8-12 hr shift. I specialize in orthopedic nursing and general surgical patient care. I am most of the time in the charge nurse role as well for a 38 bed unit or a 17 bed unit. I’ve learned so much from working in this environment. I’ve come to be comfortable and confident in the registered nurse role such as medication administration, wound care, intravenous therapy, documentation, precepting new nurses and nursing students.
Pros
My co-workers, trusting relationships with my patients
Cons
Short staffing with high acuity patients
Great people
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Melrose, MADecember 7, 2017
The employees are wonderful people to work with! We are like a family. The management team can be difficult to find support in at times, but your co worker will always have your back when you need it!
Demanding and stressful with low pay
AV Administrator & Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melrose, MANovember 29, 2017
The work I enjoyed doing and the people were kind for the most part. But the salary was low and the hours were long.

Since the merger occurred, there have been several layoffs and the stress level is increasing. Management was good for the most part, but the layoffs and other cuts in benefits will hurt future hiring. I know it is "business" and they must make tough decisions, but coming out of 4 layoffs in the past, I am very skeptical.
underappreciated, overworked, constant schedule changes
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Melrose, MANovember 10, 2017
Many talented, caring, nursing and ancillary staff. Most ancillary staff has been laid off, leaving very little time for nurses to interact with patients. Nurses are overwhelmed, overworked, and under appreciated like never before. Hallmark is very fortunate to have such dedicated nurses, but seems to take the attitude that everyone is replaceable, conform or leave. It's very sad to see the changes that has taken place in this facility over the past year. Nurses do not seem to have a voice, or a leader to represent them. Management shows favoritism to staff, examples are, days off, advancement, preferred assignments, etc.
Pros
Benefits package available
Cons
Benefits are expensive
Fast Paced Hospital Environment
Supervisor, Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Lawrence Memorial HospitalOctober 29, 2017
Comfortable and friendly atmosphere within the many departments which included Outpatient, Admissions, ER services and an Urgent Care Center.
New management and work place changes have made for some challenges within the department which called for leadership intervention to reestablish morale.
Working with and establishing a relationship with the patients was the most gratifying aspect of the job.
fun place to work
Microbiology Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Medford, MaOctober 12, 2017
Co workers are amazing, they keep your day moving. Managements are poor. No one communicate with each other. Most of us are hard workers, we work on weekends and holidays but don't get appreciate.
hematology/oncology
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Stoneham, MASeptember 26, 2017
It was an externship for school and I'm glad I worked here because not a lot of people could have handled it. I was able to see caring patients even patients with their last wish.
Pros
patients
Cons
I don't think there was any cons
Productive, Very stressful place to work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Melrose, MASeptember 25, 2017
I've been employed with Hallmark Health for over 6 years now. Di spite the recent changes and employment loss for some employees, a typical day there, No incentive, Management doesn't care about the employees. Bring issues to supervisors, They swipe it off there shoulder like a fly. The only enjoyable part of the job for me, Is the interaction with the patients
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
to many to post
Stressful
Physician Practice Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Medford, MASeptember 22, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the patients. They are grateful for the help they get. It is very stressful and some times management does not listen to its employees
Loved working here!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medford, MASeptember 18, 2017
Loved working for the doctors offices as a medical assistant. The only reason I left was because I went back to school and got my RN. I was offered an RN position in a doctors office, however, I wanted to get hospital experiences and that is the only reason why I declined the position.
Pros
great work culture
going through a transition
Perinatal Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Melrose, MAAugust 17, 2017
I do not have a review at this time, the company is transitioning into something bigger at this time. I love this hospital, best job, great benefits, I just need more hours to make ends meet.
Going down hill
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 24, 2017
Hallmark Health has increasingly placed the focus on money despite the need to deliver quality care. As healthcare is difficult to deliver and balance money with patients needs, Hallmark Health is failing miserably
Pros
Its a small hospital
Cons
short lunch if any and lack of appreciation for employees
Magnet Organization
House Administrator PD (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 4, 2017
nice place to work; varied locations recently joined with Tufts and Lowell; easy commute from NH; close to Boston; various opportunities, several clinics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Hallmark Health System Reviews by Location