Hallmark University Employee Reviews

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2018
I enjoyed the time I was employed by this company. They were very flexible with my schedule. A professional environment and everyone got along well.
Company has Strong Culture, Integrity and Core Values
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2018
The culture of the workforce of the employees is great. It is fast paced and was a great learning experience. I excelled in the field of education and teaching.
Pros
Culture and integrity, passion and friendliness of the employees
Cons
not being able to work there any more
Summary
Security Specialist/ Student (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 28, 2018
Great place to work. The people you work with are great, the students are great, and the environment is great! They are all about making sure their students succeed.
A nice place to work.
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  10401 I H 10 West San Antonio, TX 78230April 21, 2018
I enjoyed working at Hallmark because I had a schedule to follow and everyday was productive. Did my job to the fullest and always looked back at the the work I accomplished.
Pros
Worked 6-3 5 days some overtime. Paid holidays and good enviornment.
Cons
No negatives.
Good people work at the place
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 16, 2018
Other employees that work there are very good people to work with everybody is kind careing very polite and generous but management is not as knowledgeable as they claim to be at most of the maintenance that needs to be done and they won't let you do your job
Pros
Good coworkers to be around
Cons
Manegment cant make up there mind
Lots of employee turnover
Career Services Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 10, 2018
The college environment was a very rewarding one in which to work. The students were open, friendly, motivated, and appreciative of any assistance that was offered. Staff was distracted with office politics.
unprofessional staff
Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 23, 2018
Staff are horrible, especially the so called nursing instructors. Nothing but gossip all day long. The management is just as unprofessional with constant fowl language.
Cons
staff
Life at work is okay.
Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 22, 2018
Prefer to teach in a classroom but designing a new nursing program so much is required in front of a computer. I am seeking other opportunities to see what becomes available.
Excellent culture! They care for people and the community
High School Admissions (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 10, 2018
My time at Hallmark University was great. I had the opportunity to represent Hallmark at area high school. I would schedule and conduct high school classroom presentations.
Fun Place to work
Financial Aid Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 17, 2017
I was hired as an Financial Aid Officer worked with the business office together we would process the students financial aid , I did not
work there that long because I was laid because the student population was down.
Pros
Fun Place to work
Reactive
Director of Student Affairs (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 8, 2017
We are more progressive than before but hire under qualified candidates and have to utilize more time developing skill. I love working with students to assist in retention and doing life coaching. This is the most enjoyable part of my job. The fact that we remain reactive and not strategic planners has been very hard to adapt to.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Always changing paths to destination
awesome place to work or receive an education
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 18, 2017
Work day was busy and i learned so much from directors, was my first experience working in admissions. Management was great. This was overall a great work experience and would recommend to anyone.
Pros
working with my director
Cons
Ceo
Not Acceptable
Nursing Education (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2017
It was a great company at one time but it is run now by a bunch of conservatives that require you to work like minion with no input allowed. I would stray away from here.
Christian Coummunity
ADN Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Small university with a family feel. Love the students. Colleagues are friendly and we work as a team. I also have friends from other disciplines who work in a large workroom with me.
Nursing Department is atrocious!
RN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 21, 2016
The nursing department is awful. If it weren't for the students, no one would stay here. You are belittled, talked about behind your back, and no one supports each other. I could not stand how much hatred there was towards each other. Gossip is everywhere and everything was always a fight.
Pros
Students make it worth the pain
Cons
The staff is awful
Not a good school
Student (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78230April 26, 2016
Alot of the credits that you receive from Hallmark are not accepted at community college and you will have to spend more time and money for classes.
It's okay
N/A (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 5, 2016
okay place to work. Most of the people you work with are nice and feel like family. Every place has its pros and cons. You get what you make of it.
Challenging and fun place to work.
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 2, 2015
Fun and interesting place to work. Leading edge student centric approach to learning. Decent management that truly care for their employees. Best team environment I have seen since my time in the military.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Compensation, unstable schedule
Visionary educational facility, building a foundation for excellence.
Teaching Assistant/Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 10, 2015
With a longstanding history of success this school has embarked on a new nursing program. The program is full of enthusiastic students and strong instructors. A typical day is a busy clinical experience at both Methodist hospital or Kindred. My coworkers are always available when I am in need. The most difficult part of the job is when students are not successful. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the students succeed.
Best at what they do.
Student (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 26, 2014
Where other college's offer bachelors programs in routing and switching, they lack the hands-on experience, Cisco academy packet tracers and certifications offered by Hallmark College. The teachers are all extremely knowledgeable in networking including Cisco equipment. The students I have class with are also a part of a study-group that meets before class for about 3 hours studying for our certifications. The most enjoyable part is going to the Cisco lab and being tasked with configuring and troubleshooting the equipment until everything is working properly.
Pros
Great peers and teachers.
Cons
English class

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark University. Our community is ready to answer.

Hallmark University Reviews by Location