Hallmark Employee Reviews

Not very well set up
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 20, 2018
It wasn't a steady income depended on when the stores had merchandise coming in and then you had to go to 3 different stores but the hours were limited and they wanted you to go fast and get to all three stores in a limited number of hours if the merchandise was a lot it came in a mess and we had to organize it before putting it out on the floor as well as putting together displays that were going to the floor. It wasn't very well set up for the allowed hours you were given and if you went over the hours you were not paid for you time but they expected you to have the stuff done.
Don’t apply
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 20, 2018
Banner’s Hallmark company is in no way a career move, long-term job, or a place you would want a long-term job at. In the two years I worked there, we had four different managers at our location. I was promoted after my first year from a sales associate to a key holder, which brought all the extra responsibilities, but no extra money. All the managers and higher ups are white, which I personally do not see as a coincidence. Incapable managers were hired and were not trained, rather just thrown into the position and the sales associates just had to suffer through it. In conclusion, hallmark is a place for high school and college students, retirees, or people just looking to make some extra money. It is no way a smart career move and is no place for you if you are looking for a company where you can move up.
Pros
Sick leave
Cons
Incapable managers, no advancement, no raises
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 20, 2018
everyday was always filled with smiles and i was always looking forward to going to work. i learned to work in a team and organize. the best part of the job was getting to put things in order
Amazing job to start a career
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJuly 19, 2018
Productive and a good learning experience

- Hardest part of the job was having to keep your speed up to get product out the door

-Being around other people and able to talk while working was most enjoyable

-Management was very good to us and did whatever they could to help us succeed
Nice place to work, on your own alot feels like you run your own business.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 19, 2018
Fun product to merchandise cards and party supplies. Relatively easy work once you get the hang of it. Was nice to work on your own traveling from different accounts in the stores you got paid mileage reimbursement.
Pros
Get to work solo most the time no supervisor hanging over you.
Cons
pay could have been better, can't support yourself on this.
Good exercise and competitive atmosphere w friendly employees
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOJuly 19, 2018
Pretty good poe would recommend anyone in shape to apply have to be willing and to learn new things and adaptable to change Definitely a good place if you enjoy working alone to meet guidelines
Proactive, fun, and medium
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 19, 2018
A typical of work would include the stocking and organization of holiday cards and other holiday/celebration. Occasionally the construction of card fixtures.
corporate vs fanchise
Person in Charge (PIC) (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJuly 19, 2018
Corporate Hallmark, like Amy's, is much worse to work for than a Franchised Hallmark, like Kirlin's. If you're trying to get employed by "Hallmark" take that into consideration.
Stressful, poor support
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CaliforniaJuly 19, 2018
The displays were a constant mess since parents often sent their children to play in the displays while they were shopping. Often we were sent product to display which was incomplete.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Poor pay, poor environment
Order Processor
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJuly 19, 2018
I was an order processor at Hallmark. Work day consisted of getting to work, getting your order, and immediately start pulling it to comply with strict company production rate.
Good Company with good work environment
Crossmark Retail Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Mobile ALJuly 18, 2018
Enjoy working with Hallmark, job is not hard and enjoy working with other Hallmark employees.Not many hours at times but overall a good company to work for. Hallmark employees work in various stores and work environments, each are a little different.
It could be fast pace at times, loved working there.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 18, 2018
I was the manager, I reset the wall systems, reordered product, schedule, set seasonal product, deposits, keyholder. it was a nice environment. I helped open and close 5 stores
Absolutely boring job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 18, 2018
Their computer system was so outdated and a lot of prices had to be entered manually. Sometimes the store was so slow there was nothing to do after cleaning, stocking and taking out trash. Very boring job. The manager was OK but one of the team leads was a pain to work with, she would go against every solution or idea you had to make the store run more efficiently. I couldn't take her attitude anymore so I left.
Would have made a great career
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  KYJuly 17, 2018
I loved this job. Absolutely loved it. The culture of the company, the people I worked with. I was in line to take over the store as the manager, however about 6 months into my tenure as the Assistant Manager, I was informed that the company would be laying off all Assistant Managers - nationwide. Talk about a slap in the face. I loved my manager, I loved my Keyholders and employees, but I dislike the company because I felt displaced. I was told I would be allowed to remain on as a keyholder but I was unable to accept the position because I needed more than just part-time pay to run my newlywed household.
Favorite Job I've had so far
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 17, 2018
Some of the friendliest coworkers I have ever had, as well as management. Fast paced considering location mixed with heavy foot traffic. Unfortunately, there's no moving up at this specific location. Part-time for all employee's except manager. Base pay for associates is decent, as well as the wage for Key Holders. Employee's shouldn't exceed over 20 hours a week, which sucks if you have rent to pay each month along with other bills. The only set backs I would say this job has is the glass ceiling and lack of hours. When fully employed hours decrease, but more help. Whereas with lack of employees the hours would increase but the scramble to fill shifts is strenuous. Great customer relations, some of the nicest people you will meet. Have to know who's a regular and who's in to really shop. Close quarters, stock room tends to get hectic when freight/shipment arrives. Both sites (#710 & #724) completely different day-to-day foot traffic. Lunch rush can get intense as well.
Pros
Friendly Coworkers/ Customers, fast-paced, great company, flexible hours
Cons
Glass ceiling, hours
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 17, 2018
I enjoyed working at hallmark. The people I worked with were very kind. I did not know much about Hallmark when I started working there but by the end I was comfortable with the merchandise and was performing tasks that of a manager.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Christmas ornament craze
Hallmark
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 17, 2018
Learned a lot here, a lot of mixed reviews on my part about working here. While it can be enjoyable, there are certain aspects that really can make it unbearable. Management OK, but not great.
Hallmark
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yardley, PAJuly 17, 2018
This was a great job and I enjoyed my time there. I only quit because it was time to start my passion of Pet sitting and now I am a proud owner of my own pet sitting business
A good place to work if you need something to keep you busy.
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Gilroy, CAJuly 17, 2018
I like the flexibility of the job, and I don’t have to travel too much. I like working independently and setting my own hours daily. I enjoy working with helping customers.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough hours
Depends on who the owner is
Sales Associate -Shift Leader and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 16, 2018
My experience at Hallmark was fine. It was a good job to start off because it was relatively easy and stress free. In terms of the experience it really just depends on the owner and managers of your branch. In my case my manager was fine but when she retired the owner replaced her with a very inexperienced individual that made the job a lot more difficult.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

77out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Hallmark.