Hallmark Employee Reviews

Just a job
Instillation Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 14, 2017
No growth
No hours
No real boss to address any issues
Hired as part-time with 20 hours per week. I haven't worked a full week for almost 1 month. The company doesn't schedule work for my position around this time of year.
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 14, 2017
fun place to work and great people. i enjoyed helping people pick out cards and helping them find things in the store. always something to do when workin.
Not a flexible job at all
Reail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2017
I worked for them about 4 months. I was told you can go in and have a flexable schedule not true. You have to work the various staires when they want you to and was told by managment if you do not finish a store then finish up next week....not true! They do not train correctly and expect you to work full-time hours and the pay is not enough. I was let go for being late....when I thought it was flexible...not true!
Pros
High turnover rate
Cons
Not flexible hours....work on their schedule.
Job description was not complete
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCNovember 14, 2017
Does not reveal in job description the amount of physical work that goes into this permanent part time position. The work is not difficult but the time given to actually finish a placing items or taking down items along with assembling corrugates is not taken into consideration ..
Pros
flexible
Cons
worst pay ever
Slow-Paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 12, 2017
I personally hate working retail, but Hallmark made it worse. We were lucky to see 30 people on days, I was scheduled 4 hour shifts on weekdays, there was never anything to do, previous management was terrible, etc.
Cons
slow
Ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHNovember 11, 2017
I didn't mind working here, but I was always counted on to be there, even on my days off. I didn't enjoy the Christmas season. I had to work every holiday.
great flexible hours
Retail Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 11, 2017
longer hours around holidays, no supervisor in store with employee. Goes into various stores to service. Get to greet and help customers find cards. Can start working anytime before 11a.m. Only a few hours a week.
Great Culture
Director (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 9, 2017
Corporate leadership positions : sales, sales management, human resources, marketing, mass channel retail store operations, national service organization of 12,000 store reps and 20,000 accounts in the mass channel - Ambassador bran
Fast paced with different merchandise
CARD ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKNovember 9, 2017
It was a fast paced job as the time allowed sometimes didn't allow for the amount of new merchandise. I enjoyed the revision of the different stores and restocking of the merchandise. Sometimes the store I serviced didn't provide the space that my office said we were to have.
Pros
Work varied and was interesting
Cons
Some days not enough time allowed
Focused on production and numbers at the end of the day.
Production Designer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 8, 2017
Depends on what department you work in is to how your experience will be at Hallmark. Some departments encourage creative renewal to help drive up production. When they decide to downsize they don't seem to take into consideration productivity levels and skill sets, it seems to be on salary alone.
My Job at Hallmark
Costumer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aldan, PANovember 7, 2017
I love the store as a customer but as someone that worked there I was not too happy with what I saw. First the pay for such a big company you would think they would start their employees at $9.00-$10 an hour not $7.25 an hour. Then they have you add new product almost every month and give you a store with no room to really show case it. My manager was all about drama and talking about her employees in a bad light. I left due to family emergency and though she came off nice people talk and I heard not so great things and didn't want to go back to a drama filled work place being paid pennies for it.
Pros
little discount
Cons
drama
Part-time Flexible Schedule
Retail Merchandiser (RM) - As an RM (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 5, 2017
I worked part-time as a Retail Merchandiser stocking and ordering cards and select items for my assigned 5 stores. It became more and more difficult to manage those duties in the hours/days allotted. I had exceptional supervisors and admire the company otherwise.
It's a Job
Aviation / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94128November 5, 2017
As a CSR, with every company the opportunity for advancement is there within the airport environment. The job is highly predictable as it is set around the arrival/departure of aircraft. Functions can seem tedious and there are zero off days unless requested, traded, or scheduled off.
It becomes more about who you are working with than who you are working for, but again, I believe that is most companies.
Hallmark is a contract customer service provider, you will be working in the airline industry, but not directly for an airline.. so there will be no flight benefits.
Pros
steady, stable, room for advancement
Cons
get paid the same wage the lazy coworkers do, no flight benefits
Good company to work for
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Somewhere, USNovember 3, 2017
I have been a merchandiser for Hallmark for two years. While you have to service certain accounts on set days, you can generally work anytime during stores hours, though mornings are preferred. Mandatory work the day before/after major holidays such as Christmas.

A normal service day would be arriving at my store, scanning in via my Crown Connect, then signing into the vendor book. I go to the backroom, locating my product boxes/shipments, and organize them by alpha; I then place the product in cart, set it in correct pockets/locations, clean up the garbage, return the cart, then scan out and sign out of vendor log. I service four accounts on a weekly basis, one bi-weekly, and four on a monthly basis. I generally work alone, but once or twice a month and during installations I work with my team members and/or supervisor. I really like my team members, which is the main motivation for staying. I adored my previous supervisor, and my new one is nice as well.

During the summer, hours are drastically reduced. I generally only get about five to seven a week. During the holidays, I can get anywhere from ten to twenty a week. Installation projects became mandatory to attend when assigned to you about five months after I was hired. I get called to them about five to eight times a year, though some of my coworkers only get called once or twice a year, so that does help give you more hours.

However, I believe that the hours are unrealistic. For example, they want us to complete our assignments in two hours or less, but we can have up to eight boxes of product at a time. So
  more... they tell us to make it "retail ready" and put the rest under the flipper for next service- but then they call/email and ask why the product is under the flipper, because it needs to be out for the customers. The pay is also very low in comparison to other merchandise companies.

Overall, I think they should offer more hours, and slightly higher pay, but it's still a good company to work for, and I would recommend them if you're looking for a flexible, part-time position.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great team members
Cons
Not enough hours
Enjoyable self paced work environment
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 2, 2017
Generally you would visit a store and check the greeting card and gift wrap stock and restock as needed. At holidays you would reset specialty greeting card and gift wrap sections with a manager and other team members. Very nice co workers and a pleasant work environment.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
not enough work hours
love it
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYNovember 1, 2017
I really enjoy my work. No one to bother me I set my own pace and work my hours with no one breathing down my throat. Love it I travel by car from store to store. I am a free agent
Pros
by myself
Cons
need a car
Great co-workers
Installation Merchandiser for Reset in Wal Marts (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64141October 30, 2017
Use planner to set up displays and set cards in their correct areas
Learned how to reset displays and place new product out on the floor
Supervisors were well organized ready up help when needed
All co-workers did their part of complete all resets
Heavy boxes and sorting out the boxes to take to the floor in the correct order
Working with the co-workers
Pros
Flexable hours and help when resetting displays
Cons
Heavy boxes and equipment
Productive and Flexible workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Belle Vernon, PAOctober 30, 2017
Some days we have a lot to do but there are other days that we do not have anything to do. It does get boring sometimes but not all jobs you have things to do at every point of the day. It is a great place to work because everyone that works there are nice and will help you the best they can.
Pros
nice people, happy environment
Cons
minimum wage, not enough hours, no pay increases.
Love/Hate Relationship
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 29, 2017
While I absolutely loved working at Hallmark, the management that I worked under left something to be desired. The ladies that I worked with were incredibly petty, which made things stressful/uncomfortable while working. Hallmark itself as a company is just slightly better than “okay.” Sales associates are paid minimum wage, and it is very difficult for job advancement. I made about $9.50 an hour, and rumor has it that managers make about $10.50 an hour. The pay could definitely be improved upon. Also, their management and marketing team needs to be spruced up. Hallmark seems to be stuck in the 1980’s, while everyone else is living in 2017. While I love Hallmark, and the customers, the actual company itself needs a facelift, and the store managers need to be properly trained. Also, you don't get any benefits unless you work more than 20 hours a week. As a part-time employee, you will typically work about 12--15 hours a week.
Pros
40% employee discount
Cons
Management, products, pay, benefits
Hallmark is located in the city near corporate establishments. fast pace during peak hours
welcome and assist customers (Current Employee) –  7 hanover sq New York, NY 10004October 27, 2017
Hallmark is a friendly family oriented environment with devoted customers. Although Hallmark is known for its greeting cards we offer much more: gifts, balloons, personalized items, etc... Our merchandise helps make my job enjoyable because my recommendatins put smiles on my customers faces.
Pros
Employee discount is a plus, there's an option to project creativity, and the environment is family oriented and this includes our customers.
Cons
No room for advancment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.