Hallmark Employee Reviews

Found 2,873 reviews matching the search See all 3,172 reviews
Work Ethic
CSG/Hallmark Mat Handler 3rd Shift (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 18, 2019
work place full of diversity.
i learned how to perform tasks at a fast paced .
management was average, could have been better.
hardest part of job was being on my feet all day.
most enjoyable part was filling orders to make customers happy.
Pros
no uniform
Cons
schedule, in cave
Very home-like and filled with love
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Somers Point, NJFebruary 17, 2019
Hallmark is a great place to work. The staff are amazing and really helpful. Feels like having a work mom or older sister. Plus you get to have free candy.
Don't do it
Territory Trainer (Former Employee) –  USAFebruary 17, 2019
The biggest challenge was keeping everyone happy. The territory supervisors wanted their new retail merchandisers to be trained ASAP, yet I was only given a budget of 15 hours/week. So I either had to go over my hours to get everyone trained or constantly get dinged for being over budget. High turnover didn't help. It was a never-ending cycle of trying to please everybody but actually pleasing nobody.

The icing on the cake was when they reduced the amount of travel time and mileage that we were reimbursed for. Even though we were given raises at that time, my raise didn't even begin to cover the amount of money I was losing once they changed the travel time/mileage policy. I couldn't justify doing the same amount of time driving and the same wear-and-tear on my car for less money.

Note to Hallmark: If you want high-quality work from your front-line staff (i.e. the people who are actually out there doing the work), you've got to pay for it. The expectations you have vs.the budgeted hours given for employees to meet them in are completely unrealistic. And don't take benefits away from employees, such as the travel time/mileage policy. Hallmark needs to decide whether it's more important for their stores to look good or for management to sit back and collect their bonuses when budgets aren't exceeded.
Pros
There is some flexibility with your schedule unless you have a ton of new hires at the same time
Cons
Not having enough budgeted hours to meet expectations, taking away travel time/mileage reimbursement from employees
CSG Stores- Great Experience
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 17, 2019
Working for the corporate retail side has been a great experience. It is nothing like I would have imagined before coming onboard.

To be successful as a SM it does require a lot of devotion and determination. Being a flexible leader is very important as seasons change the business very quickly and a typical week could have you overseeing 4 staff members one day to 15 the next. Agility is key but you will never be bored. Tons of product moves and shifts with seasons. Constantly seeing new product. You really feel like you are in control of your business.
Pros
Great leadership, fast paced, great customers, dedicated team members 10+ 20+ years at all levels
Cons
Can feel like 100 hour weeks are needed, no other FT team in stores
fun place to work and loved the people
Territory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 16, 2019
It was a fun place to work and loved my team of Retail Merchandisers I had. I would check emails, pass along any information onto my RMs, make phone calls to my different acconts if needed. The hardest part of the job was when I had to let someone go for not doing their job.
Relaxed but Lack of Advancement
Customer Relations/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Bear, DEFebruary 15, 2019
While working, it is a low stress environment. However, there is little to no room for advancement and the pay is hard/virtually impossible to live off of.
Great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAFebruary 14, 2019
As I worked there it was a very calm easy job. I loved the community I worked around. Customers were very friendly as well as employees I’ve worked with
Pros
Friendly community
Wonderful
ACTIVITY DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2019
Great company. Friendly staff and always willing to help you. I would go back if I lived in the area. The residents at The Hallmark are sweet and caring,and loving to have you around.
Products are very healthy and harmful
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 13, 2019
That is very excellent company in this hol world..i am satisfy for this job, i hope it is harmful earning for me,,all things products are great for me.
Pros
Free lunces
Cons
Greeting cards, cosmetics.etc
fun place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCFebruary 12, 2019
One of my favorite things to do here was reorganize the cards. It was a great work environment. Happy workers and happy customers. Christmas in July was always a blast.
Pros
just a great place to work
Fun family company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJFebruary 11, 2019
Great company that you get time to spend with customers and making a genuine connection. People first culture. The only down side is it gets very boring during non holiday time.. store will be very very slow
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Very slow during non holiday times
Fun and Relax
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAFebruary 11, 2019
Hallmark was my first actually job and it was an amazing opportunity to expand your experience. I took care of customers and helped them locate items they need. I really loved the manager very supportive and great.
Pros
relax environment
Cons
No hours
Best company to work for
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 10, 2019
At Hallmark, you're family. Employees are engaged and build strong relationships across business lines for the success of the company. The company recognizes good performance and all people are treated with respect.
Productive team working and fun team building
Territory supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 9, 2019
Hallmark was the best job I have ever worked at. If my husband had not passed away in 2016 I would still be working there.Everyday I would visit serval of my account checking in with store management, the retail merchandiser assigned to that Acct. If the RM needed any help with freight or issues I would assist in helping them. If the day was after a holiday I would help with resets to next holiday in the stores that needed me.
Pros
Flexible, great leadership, hard work but satisfaction at the end of the day.
Cons
No perks
Nice job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSFebruary 9, 2019
I felt that it was a good place to work
Supervise were good to you and helped you when you need and most of you coworkers were very helpful when you asked
Pros
Good place to wee ork
Cons
More ot
Cook position
Cook (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 9, 2019
Very high paced work environment, they have a great menu and great people to work for. I loved working for Hallmark because there was plenty of room for growth.
Pros
Great food
Cons
High paced so attitudes can be up and down at times
Easy going job!
Monkey Junction - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 8, 2019
I really enjoyed working at Hallmark! It was an enjoyable and easy going job. The manager worked with my availability while I was in school. I would recommend this job to someone who wants a laid back job with great people!
Pros
laid back, friendly staff and customers
stressful
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 6, 2019
Working for Hallmark you need patience, greeting cards need to be presentable so that the client can purchase them, organization is always a must. Great experience
Retail Merchandiser
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 6, 2019
I currently work at hallmark and this is my 2nd time with the company. there are a lot of negative reviews for this company and most of those I can't agree with. these jobs are part time. when you are hired they let you know upfront that the hours vary week to week. hours are based on territory. for me this is a supplemental job to my other jobs. I work as a merchandiser for other companies and this one is by far the easiest. when you go into a store you are by yourself the majority of the time. you order product, put away product, straighten, and keep the area cleaned up. the busiest time is seasonal such as Christmas, valentines, all major holidays. even at those times it just means you will have a little extra work and get extra hours...I don't see why so many people are complaining about hallmark.. I've worked all over the area with them in different territories and I haven't met one person that I could not get along with. all have been super nice people. yes, you will have a supervisor that tells you what to do or what you need to improve but isn't that their job? they are very accommodating if you are a good employee and do your job. it takes a few months to get the kinks worked out sometimes. there can be technical difficulties with devices used in stores. I had issues myself. yes it is a pain to call in your time but even after going over the deadline for submitting time I still got a check at the end of the week. if you need a side job or just want something to do then I recommend this company...no, you can't support yourself with this income but its a very easy job  more... that pays well for what you are required to do...  less
Pros
flexible, easy job
Cons
not a lot of hours
Not fun work place.
Staff Mark (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 6, 2019
Job was ok, red flag on 1st day! Ever sense day 1 I had bad experience. Tire popped, got fired because of females, just wasn’t my cup of Tea. I rather do a warehouse that’s more open not close minded.
Pros
Lunch shifts are confusing
Cons
Breaks are short.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight