Hallmark Employee Reviews

Found 2,779 reviews matching the search See all 3,071 reviews
good benefits
ORDER PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MODecember 10, 2018
Good pay and benefits. Work is too fast paced quotas are set too high, management does not listen. There is a lot of turn over, most people don't last too long.
Pros
good pay
Cons
cant reach quota if you take breaks
Great company to work for
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Woodward, OKDecember 8, 2018
The job is easy and you mostly work unsupervised. If they recycled more I'd give them all 5 stars. Hallmark is great to work for. The people I've met were all super helpful and caring people.
Amazing opportunity
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDDecember 7, 2018
Great place to work! The culture was amazing and fit my lifestyle well. You were always able to bring creativity to your work. Sad to have seen my position cut from the company.
good place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCDecember 6, 2018
I enjoyed my time and job there. I had really great coworkers and I enjoy talking with the customers. It was a relaxed environment and most fun on big holidays.
Great if you need to work around other life events such as school or appointments.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 4, 2018
Advantage: you are working alone.
Disadvantage: you are working alone.
Hardest part of the job is handling some of the heavier boxes full of cards and paper in shipments.
Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the management and employees at each location you work.
Pros
You set your own work schedule.
Cons
You work alone.
Productive and physically demanding
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MODecember 4, 2018
Fast paced and productive, had to meet a certain criteria to be able to stay hired on. Also need to always be moving and it was a very positive experience
Fun job to do
Retail merandiser (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, NYDecember 2, 2018
It's a fun job to do just not a lot of hours. If you don't really enjoy holidays then this would be perfect for you. Around the holidays especially the major ones you have to be there before, on and after the holiday. They tend to throw a lot of product out.
Pros
Get to read new cards before anyone else.
Cons
A lot of wasted product you have to throw out, not a lot of hours
Excellent
Retail Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 1, 2018
Loved it just not enough hours. Great people to work for. You can work your own schedule with Store management approval. My boss was always kind. The planograms are easy to follow.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not many hours
Fast paced
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYNovember 30, 2018
On the most part Hallmark is a great company to work for.The Manager at this location is very aware and considerate of her employees.Its very fast paced.The other employees are also willing to help you with learning all aspects of this job.
Was a great place too work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 29, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Hallmark it is a family store surounded by love and understanding too all. I had a great manager where we were able to show our creative side. We set up window displays.
The people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond VirginiaNovember 29, 2018
Enjoyed meeting all the people. Reading all the different cards. Love to decorate the store. Always work with a great group. Teamwork is very important. And left there without selling point. Great hours. staff members were outstanding. Meeting great people was always a good thing to do I feel like I am a people person.
Pros
Half of merchandise
Cons
Half of merchandise
Fun staff, fast paced environemtn
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 28, 2018
Great place to work, enjoyed my time and all coworkers were kind and have realistic expectations for their employees. I think anyone would have a satisfactory experience working for Hallmark.
Loved working during Christmas with the ornaments
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 28, 2018
You needed to open three days and close 2 days a week. Hired ,trained and coached associates on product knowledge. worked on Visual Standards with them. Based on a planogram. How to overcome obstacles with customers. Provide the best customer service. Inventory control. Managed payroll. conducted demos to the public. Gave benefits and features of product in store.
Pros
working with the public
Cons
in store by yourself most of the day. Noy enough payroll
Fun and interesting
Customer Service Leader/Weekend Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 28, 2018
It was nice to work somewhere that had a lot of different people who you had to support and an ever changing merchandise situation. There was a lot of foot traffic and money management as well.
hardest part of job
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 27, 2018
Not enough hours and retail locations are not easy to work with. Hours don't match job duties. Pay not worth the travel required to do the job. Have to be able to lift heavy boxes and stand for long periods of time.
Summary
SALES (Former Employee) –  tomball, txNovember 27, 2018
The manager is incredible to work for as she is a strong leader with excellent customer service skills. The employees are always wonderful people to work with. The store is clean and well maintained. This store is a wonderful place to work. However, the company as a whole does not offer employees competitive wages. Unfortunately, I had to move on.
horrible for temp employees
selector (Former Employee) –  Lansing, KSNovember 27, 2018
HORRIBLE PLACE when it comes to temps...they use you and spit you out!!! They told us that overtime was optional but looked down on you if you couldn't work. The regular employees were cutthroat and snotty and treated us as inferior
It's okay
Entry-level (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 26, 2018
Not my ideal job the work is very easy just not enough money and over nights are not for me if paid more with days would love the job it's nothing hard at all the work place is a wonderful work place and lovely environment lots of beautiful and friendly and nice people the supervisors and leads are very helpful and understanding
Working for Hallmark
Retail Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GANovember 24, 2018
Hallmark has its positives and negatives. You work alone for the most part. It is very fast paced. Schedules are flexible. Perfect for moms coming back to the workforce or someone who is looking for another part time job. On the flip side, pay isn't great and hours are barely 15per week. The time you pick up hours are the holidays, but be prepared to work before and after holidays.
Pros
work alone, flexible hours
Cons
minimal hrs, work alone
I like working with people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Monticello, KYNovember 22, 2018
Had a great time merchandising the store & plan o gram . I worked for Tom Ha.llmark for 12 years same responsibilities. But we had a floral department. I did the buying & arranging
Pros
A every enjoyable place to work had good & loyal customers
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight