Hallmark Employee Reviews

Found 3,101 reviews matching the search See all 3,445 reviews
Very low paying job
Retail Merchandising (Former Employee) –  MiJune 14, 2019
Not too bad if you dont need money. With the exception of Holidays, you dont work a lot of hours. Never get anytime off before, during or after the holiday.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
good
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cooper City, FLJune 13, 2019
great people, holidays are fun. Clients are dedicated customers who are usually lovely to have in the store. lots of small things though so must be comfortable working with fragile objects
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the customers were for the most part, kind.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 13, 2019
A typical work day involved taking care of customers, restocking merchandise, cleaning up at night, and counting down the registers at night. I learned how to count down registers. Though the store manager was tough to handle, the manager and assistant manager were kind and always willing to help but not afraid to give me constructive criticism. The hardest part of the job was learning how to handle different customers attitudes'. The most enjoyable part was definitely the coworkers.
Great Place to work
Production Coordinator- Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJune 13, 2019
A fun place to work.
Fast paced work
Great management team
Great Co-workers
Good benefits
Room to move up
A lot of Overtime opportunities available
Job varied
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYJune 12, 2019
As a retail merchandiser, your hours per week would vary between 10 to 30 hours depending on the holiday. It was a lot of bending. The hours were very flexible which is a plus but during the holidays like around Christmas you can be in one store for over 5 hours with other stores you had to go to. The problem is that the company would expect so much, only allow a certain number of hours and not paying attention to the amount of work that actually had to be done.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Management, Company Expectations
Care enough?
Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 12, 2019
Like every organization, one's experience is dependent on your team and your manager. I encountered a great disconnect between the corporate and my team's culture.
Relaxed job with low pay.
RETAIL MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJune 12, 2019
The job is great if you don't want a lot of hours or need a lot of money. You make your own hours. There is a lot of flexibility. It is very low stress except around the holidays.
Pros
Very flexible, easy, great management
Cons
Low pay
Fun job
Lead Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 11, 2019
Fun but management was horrible poor pay for the job lot of resets in other cities and states no choice given you had to go even if they told you last minute. No coverage just in case etc
Pros
Customers
Cons
Manager
Overview
Merchandiser Part Time (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 10, 2019
Ok for P/T job if you don’t mind working 5 to sometimes 25 hours a week or if you like working many retail stores alone. Management is not helpful when you need help. Training to do the Merchandiser job is lacking if any.
Pros
Ok for P/T
Cons
No benefits, pay for the work is poor
Way too unstable. Way too low of pay.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKJune 10, 2019
In 7 years, I went from as low as 2 accounts, to as high as 14. The pay difference was inexcusable. Check dropped from $1000 per month to $80, when I finally decided to move on to something with some sort of stability. Some managers are great, some are very much not. If you do not need an actual paycheck, this is for you. If you need money, in any sort of predictable way, seek something else.
Nothing with make you despise holidays more than working at hallmark.
Pros
Time outside of work.
Cons
Holidays. Low pay. Unstable.
Loved my career there. I am now retired with great retiree benefits.
Editorial Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 10, 2019
One of the most collaborative places to work in the United States. Can't say enough good about my career there. Had lots of opportunity for advancement and managers who really believed in me and helped propel my career into management with a lot of help and support. Wonderful people, benefits, working conditions.
Fun environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Machesney Park, ILJune 10, 2019
Always stayed busy doing something. Allows you to be creative with helping customers and making displays. A great location ! Managers were understanding.
Not worth the bother
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTJune 10, 2019
The only pro for working as a retail merchandiser for Hallmark is the flexibility of your schedule; there is no other good thing about this job! It is quite demanding and tiresome, as one is expected to perform work in a unrealistic amount of time. When one goes over the allotted time, there are questions from the territory supervisor as to why, despite the fact that they are aware of the amount of merchandise that the Hallmark warehouse sends to the stores. Regardless of how many stores one is assigned to, it is expected to have them all changed over after a major holiday within 3 days, and then the regular order of merchandise boxes stack up and no additional hours are given. One is also expected to work on remodels alongside workers that are getting paid more per hour; the remodels are mandatory, and one's work at one's assigned stores is neglected because of it, yet is still expected to be done within the allotted scheduled hours. The supervisors are afraid to make decisions without prior consent from their supervisor, who is afraid to make any decisions without upper management's approval. This work is repetitive, time consuming, and exhausting because too much is expected in too little time and for an extremely low rate of minimum wage. Hallmark may be known for its gold crown, but it should also be known for a company that does not compensate their workers who are the face of the company at all stores where their merchandise is sold.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Too few hours for expected work to be performed, too demanding, low pay, poor decision making by supervisors, repetitive to a fault, heavy lifting
Hallmark
Retail Merchandiser / Part-time (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 10, 2019
I enjoyed working for Hallmark the short time I was there. It was just a part-time job until I could find a full-time job, The work was not stressful, hrs. were flexible to fit my schedule and I work alone.
I worked for a staffing company there staffmark not recomand to apply through them. hallmark themselfs is a good company
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJune 7, 2019
Staffmark is who I was working for a temporary job for the job . Worked here for about 6 months the company itself arnt that bad but through the staring company is horrible butch of lies and we weren’t payed as much as the actual hallmarkers
Flexible job.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Gary, INJune 6, 2019
Job had a very flexible but demanding especially around holiday such as Mother’s Day, Christmas. Summer is more smooth sailing. Management is helpful when needed.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not full time
It’s a great part time job
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJune 6, 2019
It is strictly a part time job, however during holiday seasons you are able to get more hours and also when there are new accounts that need help setting up.
It was fun and my coworkers were very nice
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Washington, MOJune 5, 2019
Its a great job if you need a little extra cash but not really something you can live off of, there are no benefits, no vacation days and no sick days
Pros
Fun work environment and discounts
Cons
The pay is not great and no benefits
Don’t even bother applying
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Port Hueneme, CAJune 5, 2019
This company is so incredibly unprofessional. I applied for one of their local jobs and was contacted to do a follow up questionnaire. After completing it I was informed that I would be interviewing for the position with a phone interview. I followed all the correct procedures to set up the interview, confirmed that it was sent and even sent an email to the hiring manager. The day of my phone interview I logged in 5 minutes earlier and then proceeded to wait another 35 minutes for someone else to join the conference line and interview me. While I was on hold I tried contacting the hiring manager but I never heard back from her. I sent an email again after I hung up when no one even bothered to interview me, and again I got nothing in response. I don’t know if they had already hired someone and didn’t want to waste their time, but they completely wasted mine. Jequila Lily was the hiring manager for this position and even after sending her numerous emails, she never even bothered to reply. Completely unprofessional and would never work for a company that has such disregard for potential employees.
Extremely low pay
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 5, 2019
The pay here was horrible , i could barely pay any bills. There is no such things as a pay raise at this place. If you want to advance from sales associate to key holder etc. don't expect a difference in your check. The manager here is also horrible they were very rude and never gave me any help or assistance with anything. Nobody cares if you get sick they still expect you to show up to work. They give you so much work to do and expect you to do it in such a short amount of time and when you don't complete the tasks you were given then they get upset. How can someone work the register by them self and run around the store doing all the tasks you give them in like 4 hours? Make it make sense.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Hallmark.

Powered by Comparably