Hallmark

Hallmark insights

Based on 1,490 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Good work for part time job, but not anything fulfilling

Hallmark is a job you would like to work over the summer for money, easy enough work and relatively straightforward and not challenging. But it ends there, there really isn't much you do else than the day in and out, and advancement is somewhat unclear.

Hallmark was a great company the training was great and support of my manager excellent. The flexibility is what I liked the most.

Loved working die this Company I felt valued as an employee. I would work for you them again. The training was very precise for me to do my job. Always a manager available when I had any questions.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Some heavy lifting

PT Retail Merchandiser

I enjoy working at Hallmark PT. It's very flexible and the hours are good and work well with my schedule. You are mostly working on your own. My supervisor is very supportive and I've gained a lot of experience so far.

Pros

Can move up within the company.

Cons

Not a lot of hours if you're working PT

Easy Enough

I worked at a small store so there really wasn't much to do. We were always required to "look" like we were working. Had to stand the entire shift. Management & coworkers were nice enough, but barely trained. Nice place to work if you're a first time retail employee, but no room for growth

Very organized

No pressuregreat management by Apriltrying to find where the store put the hallmark merchadise.Lugging boxesSee the beauty of the cards for all seasons

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Boring Job and a bossy boss

this job was one of the worst merchandising jobs I have ever had. to boring, very slow pace, not enough hours or pay for what you do. boss is way to bossy and says easy peasy all the time which I hated.

Pros

flexable hours

Cons

bossy boss, not enough money to live on, and boring.

Great flexible part time work

Great job for moms who need a little extra spending money. You can make your own schedule and are your own “boss” of getting your work done. Working during the holidays can sometimes be a challenge with holiday family time but it is worth it for the flexibility. Helping customers is quite rewarding and can put a smile on your face :)If you have a good supervisor It can be a fantastic work experience

Pros

Flexible time

Cons

Work holidays

Not a lot hours.

Couldn't live off of it. A good second job with the flexibility and schedule. But it's only 150-220 a week. If you're looking for that and can operate a smartphone it'd be a good fit.

Pros

Working alone

Cons

Also working alone. And no hours.

Fun job

Hallmark is a great company to work for. My supervisor is great, one of the best people I have ever worked for. No problems with any of the management, everyone is great.

Pros

Stress free and fun

Cons

They could pay a little more.

Flexible hours

Holidays are crazy busy, but overall enjoy working here. I have an awesome supervisor. Not very many hours in the summer, maybe 12-15 a week. During the holidays, less than 20.

Flexible schedules

A great place to work, as long as this is not the income you plan to live off of. Flexible hours, normally just Monday-Friday mornings. Very helpful management who keep in constant contact with you. With an enjoyable work environment that changes daily.

Pros

Flexible schedule, easy work, different environment everyday

Cons

part time only, low pay

Ok

If you like repetitive tasks this is the job for you lots of opening cards and boxes - it is what it is. Management was ok considering. The schedule was a plus though besides holidays when it gets busier.

Pros

flexible schedule, independent work

Cons

pay, tasks very repetitive, no growth

Great hours and flexibility

I loved working for Hallmark. Great hours, a fun job and nice working environment.The hardest part of the job was not enough hours to really complete a seasonal change.I enjoyed working with great managers at the stores that I worked at. They worked with me as needed.I also feel that they should start experienced employees with more pay.I would love to work for Hallmark again if there should be an opening in the Santa Cruz, CA area.

Cons

Not enough time to complete seasonal change overs

Hard Work Appreciated

Make no mistake, this is hard, physical work! But, you can feel the rewards of taking ownership for your assigned store's appearance and have a good bit of flexibility in your work schedule. I have not felt micro-managed even though the corporate office decides where everything goes. My supervisor is very supportive and encouraging, and I have met several other Hallmarkers on installations who were fun to get to know. The biggest downside is that there are so few hours available to you especially in the summer. You can NOT live on the income from this job alone! They offer group insurance plans, but the premiums are more than my take-home pay as are the AHA plans so I am still uninsured. As supplemental income and time away from home and a physical work out, though: I can recommend it.

Pros

Great people, set own schedule within loose guidelines

Cons

Few hours, required to work on certain holidays, heavy lifting, hours of standing lots of bending, paper cuts!, temperamental software

Toxic Workplace. Cliquey

I worked there for the summer to try to save up for a car. I felt unwanted by all of the adults and was treated like a peasant by all of the girls my age. When I come in today I am treated horribly(I don’t work there anymore). Was talked about behind my back by people triple my age and they spread lies about making me cry. Bad pay, cliquey coworkers, bad management. Only like 10 or 20% employee discount. people who worked there for years got paid the same as me. Hardly received time off even if requested months in advance.

Pros

Cons

short breaks, low discount/benefits, cliquey staff, bad management

Fun, busy, work by yourself. Great for self motivated person.

Fun company, set your own ours. Stocking, ordering, helping customers, keeping department well organized. Always something to do. Great job for retired person or someone who wants part-time work.

Pros

Flexible hours

Great first job

I worked here in high school and through out college and it really was the best first job I could ask for and I am so happy to have had the opportunity to work there for so long.

Love my boss!

My boss is awesome! The thing I like most about my job, beside my boss, is the flexibility that Hallmark offers its RMs. I love the company culture. As a company, they are doing their best to cater to many different cultural markets.

Pros

Flexibility, easy work

Cons

Lower end of Merchandising payscale

Management was terrible

Communication was very poor . Merchandise was always lost in stores . Employee of stores did not care . Resets was all about favoritism, Just really bad management !!!

Pros

Cons

Expects a lot to be done with little hrs

Great place to work very flexible schedule Great as a 2nd job Great management very understanding and supportive the work is easy and very rewarding if you like to have things organized and looking good. Not a lot of pressure. A lot of working on your own.

Got to visit lots of new places

Long hours doing resets, building displays during business hours and overnights. Fun to travel to new cities. Seasonal changes were easier, still long days though.

Pros

travel around state

Cons

Long hours standing on concrete floors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.8K
1.4K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Hallmark.
Powered byComparably

Compare Hallmark with

• Hallmark
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?