Hallmark Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
51.1K
Found 2,557 reviews matching the search See all 2,833 reviews
Wonderful learning tool and a great place
Co - Owner/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAAugust 13, 2018
Great place to work and learn to manage a business. Since it was a family owned. The environment was more relaxing and a place that you truly cared for. Workers were family.
Pros
family environment
Cons
long seasonal hours and working on Holiday's
Relaxed work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCAugust 13, 2018
My role at hallmark consisted of around 20-25 hours per week. The weekdays I worked were 5-9 shifts. Weekends were 8 hour shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the customers, their personalities, their needs, etc. overall great place to work
Pros
25% discount
Cons
Rarely get raises, not paid enough
Fun place to work
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOAugust 12, 2018
Work hard but make sure you have fun also this place can stress you out! They worry about stretching and your health we have posters about stretching OSHA we take serious
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
The pay, favouritism
A good job for some people
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Large retailer in Dahlonega as well as a small oneAugust 12, 2018
I enjoyed the work, however, I think this is a better job for a working mother (married) that is helping with household expenses not a single person. Too few hours or pay as the only income
Pros
Some flexibility and you work mostly on your own
Cons
pay, hours
Enjoyed the work
RETAIL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Galax, VAAugust 12, 2018
I simply didn't get enough hours. One week I might get 20 hours and the next might be 5. I enjoyed the work that I did and everyone was really nice. Just wish there had been more hours per week.
Pros
Great working enviroment
Cons
Hours per week very inconsistent
hallmark.
LLC as a RM Alternate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2018
I learned about timing, and having responsibility on my own. Being Independent In the work place. I would say it was confusing at first but I eventually got the hang of it; it was a good experience.
"Caring is Sharing"
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 11, 2018
Not really. My end of days management was unsupportive. And before that, mainly critical of just about everything we did in our store. Our team worked very hard, for not much above minimum wage. We hardly ever saw our DM or our RM. The CEO and RM, came in about once a year. The last visit was very disappointing.. we worked really hard at getting the store in tip top shape ( although, we did that on a daily basis, regardless ). But the visitors were looking out the window. They seemed very disinterested in what was happening on the floor.
Aside from the company itself, our customers were fantastic. We were a destination store. We built many meaningful relationships. I miss those customers, so many of them were in tears upon our closing. I wish Hallmark would treat their employees as we treated our customers.
"When You Care Enough to Send the Very Best". Those were the good, fun days of Hallmark.
I did, however, have a great opportunity for learning the ins and outs of running a business and managing 'a team'. We became a family. Together, we created an upbeat atmosphere with each other and with our customers. Time constraints were always an issue... the to-do list from Hallmark was ridiculous. They took away our merchandise managers and our assistant managers and our hours. Do more, with much much less...I'd say that was the most challenging for all of us.
Simple Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Royersford, PAAugust 11, 2018
Everything was so easy to do there but you werent always given something to do. Shifts can get long when youre standing behind the register for 7 hours doing nothing.
Fun place to work for.
Retail Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 10, 2018
I enjoyed my job! Just ended up being to many hours for me. Wanted to work around 20 hours a week. If you receive a good supervisor, you should succeed.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Set up displays instructions.
Wouldn't ever work for this company again.
Key Holder, Assistant Manger and Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 9, 2018
Was one of the most stressful and less-rewarding jobs I've ever had. DM was useless in stressful situations and holiday times. Constantly adding more than one can handle and expecting it all to be done with a smile. Started working with this company when it actually cared about their employees and staff, now its more about numbers and dollar signs. Only great part of it all I worked alongside some of the best employees and co-managers.
Pros
discount
Cons
Salary and Benefits
Awesome job
Elderly Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 9, 2018
Yes I was a awesome job. I really like it. And I learn a lot working with old folks. It's was a great relaxing job. Nothing to bad. You got to work with everyone.
Pros
It was a awesome job
Cons
No cons
No Stress
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 8, 2018
Good very part time job, not for someone looking for guaranteed 10 or more hours. The work is easy and the people are nice and you make your own schedule.
Very slow-paced, rude coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILAugust 8, 2018
Hours were not flexible, and requested days off were not taken seriously. Very slow-paced, most of my time was spent organizing or rearranging items on display.
Fun
Coach House Cards & Gifts (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 8, 2018
I enjoyed working at Halllmark and would continue to work for them if I could live of their wages and one was close to me. I would work there as part time now if there was one here.
Cute place, poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 8, 2018
Working at Hallmark was sometimes "magical" during holidays, but other than that business was usually slow. When I worked there, I had a horrible manager who didn't know how to organize anything and it seemed that I knew more about the business than she did. She was relentless when it came to scheduling, and I had to confront her a few times about it. On the night shift, only 2 people would work at once so you had to man the entire store yourself when your coworker went on break, and only 1 of you could take the trash out which was unsafe for young girls to be doing late at night in the back alleys of the mall. The employee discount was weak, but sometimes you got free candy during the holidays which was cool. I've been since I quit and they seemed to have change managers and put 3 people on night shift. It seems to be more organized, but I couldn't verify that.
Pros
Cute seasonal themes
Great Company to work for
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 7, 2018
Hallmark Cards was a great place to work for. As for all companies' things have changed. The work environment was family oriented and they did care enough to send their very best in products and customer services. I still have friends that work there and are very happy to be employed with Hallmark Cards.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Slow Advancement
Enjoyable Warehouse experience
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 7, 2018
Relaxed atmosphere. Opportunity for over-time as well as mandatory over-time in peak season. Peak season was during the holidays. Heavy lifting not a requirement of the job.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Yardley, PAAugust 7, 2018
It's all you every wanted in a company. Great leaders and fun atmosphere! You will not be disappointed in taking a leap of faith coming here. The pros outweigh the cons and its always pleasant to go in to work.
Flexible
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Montevideo, MNAugust 6, 2018
The days are consistent but the hours are flexible. Always able to contact supervisor but I work alone. No weekends unless you're in a large area or it's around holidays. Discounts with several businesses.
not much to think about
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIAugust 6, 2018
you are expected to do an excessive amount of work in very short hours, Kroger employees are very rude to you. I ask my management for help with the matter to no end. No hours, they cut back to so little didn't even pay for gas.
Pros
Cons
not enough pay