Hallmark Employee Reviews

Found 2,672 reviews matching the search See all 2,956 reviews
I enjoy my job
Part time Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 17, 2018
New job which I am enjoying very much. Supervisor and trainer helpful and available for questions. Enjoy serving clients and doing my job with excellence.
Productive, fun place to work.
Retail Installer/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 17, 2018
For the first 17+ years I worked installation/revisions and really enjoyed the people, work, and environment. The last year I was in a Hallmark store performing sales, which I did not like as much, however, the work environment was excellent.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Unsuited for sales
A highly productive creative environment
Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 17, 2018
With increasing use of social media, cell phones and other means of interaction with friends and family, Hallmark is struggling to find its way in the world. It hasn't hit on "the big idea", although the company has put forward several false starts in the past few years.

It was, for the most part, a very enjoyable place to work, with many ways to progress one's knowledge and experience. The creative talent is world-class and highly productive, and I was very proud to support that staff in every way I could.
there is nothing too say
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJOctober 17, 2018
Hallmark is a retail job and there is always pros and cons to everything
Its a job and we they are nice when you come but when you do something wrong they are all over you with pins and needles its just like any other job
Pros
great discounts, some people are great too work with, nice attitude
Cons
negative people
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 16, 2018
Great work environment. Bosses were great and respectful to employees. Always positive and enjoyable to all of the customers who would come in the store .
keep to yourself
Cutters helper (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 15, 2018
keep to yourself don't talk to anyone. no room for advancement. you may keep to yourself any conversation will be overheard and taken to hr for any reason they are looking to replace you with temps so they don't have to pay or give benefits. be weary of your surroundings and your work area. you can be placed anywhere in the plant not just the job you were hired for and be expected to meet numbers
Great PT work but you’re really working FT with no benefits
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 14, 2018
Hallmark is a great company when you’re a student, retired or parent needing a little extra income. They’re VERY strict about the budgeted hours you work — which even the management states that there’s no way to do your duties fully with the given hours in the budget. The management (upper) is always asking for extra things to be done last minute and expects you to stop your life to do them. My budget is 20 hours a week as a manager and I have over 50 accounts and 10 team members. The pay is low but it’s retail.
Pros: flexible hours
Come: No benefits, low pay-high expectations, lack of support, lack of incentives for merchandisers and supervisors, lack of upward movement for job security , things are constantly changing
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No benefits, few discounts, constantly changing procedure, not enough hours to do your job, lack of upward movement.
Fun job, keeps you busy, always something new to learn
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at Hallmark, met and kept in touch with friends/co-workers. Worked together to get the job done.
Flexible hours, more hours added if I needed more work.
Pros
Enjoyed meeting new workers and new product to put out.
Cons
At times the jobs were a distance away from home, early hours and long hours in installation.
Work
Installer, merchandiser (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTOctober 11, 2018
Not a bad job when you get work and they play a lot of favortism because I have seen others people weekly schedules some of other people have work every day

New people don't get any hours they like to tell you in the beginning that you will get 20 hrs but has never happened yet after many times of asking for work

They like keep stringing you along and you get a few hours here and there

So if you need to make money wrong place to work
And then traveling you end up doing does not justify your pay
The way your jobs are posted is bad the supervisor sends them when ever they feel like it so if you look at your email at 6pm you see nothing you think you have no work , because they might post them at 9pm so you have to keep looking to see if your working, then its only a few hours
Pros
Co-workers are nice
Cons
No work, No money to be made there
It’s a decent part time job for a high schooler.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Medford, NJOctober 10, 2018
Since I started at Hallmark in highschool, I have had a good experience with the company. Although the pay wasn’t great and schedules weren’t very set, it was a wonderful and caring work environment with a compassionate staff.
Great job if you like to work independently
Regional Manager, Jean Blainey (Former Employee) –  Emporia, ksOctober 10, 2018
If you feel comfortable making decisions and like that you work independently for the most part. Supervisors are always a text or phone call away. Training is on going, I felt training videos and explanations were easily understood.
Pros
Flexible hours, work independently.
Cons
Work holidays, sometimes twice a day at large holidays.
Family atmosphere with new merchandise weekly.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILOctober 10, 2018
Loved my time with the Hallmark family. My co-workers were the best. Enjoyed making a difference with our customers and employees.

The paperwork was the hardest part of the job. Managers had to spend too much time focusing on that instead of taking care of the customers.
Store closing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCOctober 10, 2018
It was a fun place to work. I enjoyed working with customers. I only left because the store was closing. I miss seeing the regular customers. Many customers were regulars.
Productive and a great workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYOctober 10, 2018
Enjoyed working at Hallmark. The staff was excellent, we were like a family. The store kept busy, especially around holidays. I recommend others to apply here.
Pros
Flexible hours
Good Start up job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJOctober 9, 2018
job helps people turn into professional individuals for growth and development. all the co workers that I worked with became life long friends and I thank hallmark for giving me a very positive work opportunity.
I would not recoment to my family or friends
Liberty - Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOOctober 8, 2018
just a ton of work that is really hard on your WHOLE body. Its very stressful and fast paced. I felt like it was very hard to maintain their goals!!!!
Pros
pretty good pay 15.75 on overnights
Cons
you work like a dog
Fun, productive and challenging environment
Brookdale Senior Living (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 7, 2018
this was a fast paced work environment that presented many different challenges every day. No 2 days were ever alike.
A lot of collaboration between departments.
I love the flexible aspect
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hudson County, NJOctober 7, 2018
Usually I would work each store for an hour and a half and move onto the next store. You would have to scan in your shipments and keep communication with all managers including yours and the store's you service.
Pros
paid travel time
Cons
Lack of hours
A very good place to work
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Waldorf,MarylandOctober 7, 2018
Average day go in unpack incoming boxes, put up cards that come in boxes. Learned how to work efficiently on your own. Management always answers all my questions, or will come to sight to help me. Workplace culture is good. The hardest part would be some times the boxes are very heavy to lift. What I like is after putting up the cards everything looks so neat and professionally done, and I work by myself with no one to bother me.
Pros
get to work by yourself with no one bothering you.
Ability to work independently
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Broward County, FLOctober 7, 2018
Would have liked more hours and advancement opportunities, but generally a great place to work. I have a set territory and mostly work alone. Flexible hours and days.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
part time only

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight