Hallmark Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Found 46 reviews matching the search See all 3,554 reviews
The residences was lovely to work for
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2019
Management was awful very unprofessional took things personally when can't work do to feeling sick or family death. The supervisor made alot of employees quit do to her attitude and the way she talk and belittling workers thats enough said not a good experience working there.
Pros
Bonus evevry six months
Benefits
It’s a great place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2019
Perfect for stay at home moms or anyone needing a little extra money, you never do the same thing twice something new every week one of the best companies to work for .
Wonderful
ACTIVITY DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2019
Great company. Friendly staff and always willing to help you. I would go back if I lived in the area. The residents at The Hallmark are sweet and caring,and loving to have you around.
Good part time job
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2018
Great Part time job flexible hours great people not enough money to cover you whole house very hard to find something in your area once you in stay in
Hard work, unloading boxes and waiting on customers but employees don't feel appreciated.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2018
Management isn't empathic to employees and/or family issues. Certain people got preferential treatment and pay. However, I did like most of my co-workers.
Pros
homey feel
Cons
poorly paid
decent job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2018
It was a temporary job for me. The hours were not set. They pay you starting when you leave home and you continue on the clock until you get back home again.
ok place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2018
looking for an advancement job with more money. the raises are very little an it should be more. they only offer 2% which takes you forever to make it to another dollar
Good company to work for
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2018
Good work environment excellent managerment lot of interaction with customers and store staff good working hours overall a good partime positiob
,.,.
Pros
Flexiable work schedule
Enjoyed working with various retailers as a representative of Hallmark Cards.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2018
A typical day included making the Hallmark display area customer ready -- that is, neat, organized, and clean with product placed in appropriate spaces as directed by company and retail store directives. Time management was essential as several accounts needed to be visited each day. Each retail location was different and flexibility was needed to function efficiently. The most difficult part of the job was not allowing myself to purchase new product as it came in. And, the most enjoyable part was reviewing the aisle and set at the end of the shift and being pleased with the work that I had done.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Allowed time did not always match required task.
Awesome place!
Clinic Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2018
I loved this place. I should have never left. I ended up with a job offer from a friend of mine and took a gamble and left. Mainly because there isn't much upward movement. If you are on the floor, you will stay on the floor until you are tired and want to go do something else.

But there is a good reason for that too. People who manage that place dont leave. The same people that were there when i first started 3 years ago have been there and have no plans on leaving. There are so many activities for the patients to do and the staff is wonderful. After where i've been at, i should have never left.
Pros
Free lunch if you work a double or stay late, everyone gets along, great staff at the top
Cons
Short lunch break and you can't leave the building.
Loved my job
Territory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2018
A typical day included visiting with store managers and associates who were more than happy to see me. Occasionally, I was graced with questions from customers who were excited to hear my expertise in the area and assist them in choosing the perfect card, I loved my managers. The hardest part of the job was the day after a holiday but this also happened to be the funnest,
Great seasonal work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2018
Love working in store great products. Learn how to do displays and manage stock. Management as a rule was great a couple of bad managers and owner rude. Hardest part of job handling irate customers and theft
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2018
Great selection of products. Work was steady fun and pleasant. Learned how to do displays and setups. Loved being a part of the Christmas season. Hardest part of job watching for theft. Co workers usually great to work with
Pros
great schedules
Cons
short breaks
Hallmark
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2018
While the flexibility in when you work is great, the amount of hours offered and lack of communication is what makes Hallmarks merchandising job less than desirable.
Not an enjoyable experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2018
My experience at Trudy's was not an enjoyable one. In the beginning it was fun, very relaxed work place. Not many customers came in to the store, so there wasn't much to do there. Some of the employees there were very nice, and the manager was okay. Some of the other employees were very rude, and made the experience working there very uncomfortable.
Pros
Slow paced, very laid back
Cons
Rude employees, no sense of management
A place that gives new challenges and rewards every day
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2017
My day starts at 6:00 am I run the work orders and give them to the techs. Then I do the invoices. I start calling the vendors and check to make such all the projects are on schedule. I check in with the front desk so they know that I am on site. I start answer residents complaints and help with any problems that are to big for the maintenance techs. Around 4:30 or 5:00 pm I leave for the day if everything is running good. Over the years I have learn a lot about high rise fire safety and about DADS regulations for health care facilities. Management has made working at the Hallmark very stressful. The workplace culture is to keep smiling and be courteous at all times. This is are residents homes and we are only guess here.
The hardest part of my job is to keep the employees motivated to do their jobs. The best part of my job is when the residents tell me how much they appreciate all the things that we do for them.
Pros
sick leave, affordable meal plan
Cons
The work place has become too stressful. Vacation time that they choose when you can go on vacation.
Not what it once was
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2017
At one point, I would have said this was my favorite job. This is no longer the case. No job advancement or compensation without begging, despite continued growth and advancement in skills. Extremely poor management, both in store and upper. You'll never get far unless you're one of the very few "favorites" who got there by kissing up (definitely not by working). Good for short term. The moment the excitement of your newness had worn off is the time you should leave.
I liked my hours, customers were nice, mgmt was great, coworkers were great.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 1, 2017
I was a part time job that I began for the Christmas holiday season. I would and could have stayed had I remained in Houston. I enjoyed stocking the store with new merchandise. We had a great crew and it was a fun place to work.
Pros
45 percent discount on all in store items.
Cons
No healthcare benefits.
Low pay
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2017
Needs better management. You don't get paid enough for the work that you do. Always under staffed. Some of the residents are a joy to work with, but their uppity family members talk to you like your nothing and management does not have your back even if you're right.
Pros
Residents and twice a year gift
Cons
Low pay. Horrible management
Love this job
Assistant Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2017
Went to my stores and did my job and able to work during the week and no weekends. They redid all there areas and got everyone close to home and not a lot of travel. There was weekends and a lot of Holidays that we had to work after this. I know this is a card company and expect this. At this point I was having to work lots of stores because lots of people had left the company. The company at this time would not hire any more people until they where done with restructuring the company. It became to much I could not get any help and at this time I was a Territory Assistant I was over about 25 stores.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
long hours, weekends, holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Hallmark.

Powered by Comparably