Hallmark Employee Reviews in Kansas City, MO

Found 295 reviews matching the search See all 3,535 reviews
Worst Supervisor
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 13, 2019
Minimal training, spiteful coworker, lack of communication, safety hazards, hours were very inflexible (which was the number one reason I applied for the position, as I am a single mom with two toddlers on the Autism Spectrum
I started 1 week before Valentines, no training.
Retail Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 5, 2019
Never met my 1st boss,we did revisions she was on her cel phone 90 %
My husband & I helped each other, we did this for 4 yrs the home office was informed they terminated us. My husband had 6 & I 4 then they gave my husband 3 more stores
Solid Place to Work, Old-fashioned company
Strategic Cost and Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 2, 2019
I enjoyed my time there. They effectively built this work lifestyle that immerses you in remedial tasks to keep you busy and make you feel important. Meetings for EVERYTHING, to discuss things that should’ve been emailed. Good place to start, not stay.
Great
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 28, 2019
Great company to work for. Management is pretty good. It is kind of feast or famine with the pay. There will times during the year that you work more often than other times. Holidays are super busy.
Low stress, fun job for a second job or part time employment.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 26, 2019
Very part time, great for a extra job, Hours mandatory are day after holiday, not good for family oriented people. paid travel. Flexible hours great for larger customers.
Laid back place to work
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 21, 2019
Work major holiday Mother's Day, Father's Day, Valentine's Day, Christmas, Sweetest Day and a few minor ones setting up displays in markets and stores
Excellent part-time work
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 17, 2019
The ability to schedule your working hours is the best benefit offered. The hardest part of the job is the holiday demand, especially Valentine's Day and Mother's Day.
Care enough?
Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 12, 2019
Like every organization, one's experience is dependent on your team and your manager. I encountered a great disconnect between the corporate and my team's culture.
Loved my career there. I am now retired with great retiree benefits.
Editorial Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 10, 2019
One of the most collaborative places to work in the United States. Can't say enough good about my career there. Had lots of opportunity for advancement and managers who really believed in me and helped propel my career into management with a lot of help and support. Wonderful people, benefits, working conditions.
Good
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 27, 2019
Wonderful place to work. I would recommend them to anyone. Love love love that place !!!! Wonderful benefits. Loved the facility and people. Creative atmosphere
Perfect job for retiree's
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 23, 2019
The nice thing about this job is that there are no set hours, you may work at your convenience. You are required to work on certain days at certain locations but you can decide what time to go in. It is also a very relaxed dress code. You can wear jeans, but no holes. You must look presentable and professional. Unfortunately, the pay rate is not the best but it works good enough for retired people looking for a part-time position to fill time. You get to speak with alot of customers which is enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is when you need to convert cards from one holiday to another such as from Halloween to Christmas cards. That may take an entire day at just one store depending on the size of the card department and whether or not you have assistance. If you like working independently and do not need constant management, this is the position for you.
Pros
Set your own hours
Cons
Low wages, no benefits
Order processor
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 18, 2019
All they care about is #, they require mandatory overtime and if you don't work it they write you up. Turn over rate is very high, hard to advance. Management is always changing the work process and then the next day deny they made the changes. Coworkers are teenagers who like to whine to Management about the smallest things so they are always writing up employees.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management doesn't care, coworkers always complain.
it was a temporary job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 17, 2019
we pulled for the most part of the day. sorting was most difficult pat of the day. ticketing was pretty laid back. management was scared to deal with a lot of people to avoid confrontation,
Cons
it was a temporary job and manament sucked
Among the greatest creative minds in the business
Art Director/Designer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 14, 2019
Management sucks! It was too much based on seniority and not talent. Had to take on many different positions for not enough pay. They compiled too many roles into one
Pros
Cafeteria, banking, health, etc...
Cons
Upper Management
Territory Assistant
P/T Territory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 15, 2019
Your workday is determined by the project (s) that needed to be performed for that week. Some projects would be 1 hour and some could take a week. I learned how to build, reset, and maintain a card section weekly. The hours are flexible and you get to meet other people in the field for team resets. The managers are very helpful as the end results for all is to get the job done and under budget. It is a fun, relaxed, and enjoyable work environment. The hardest part of this job is if you have to travel out of your area to assist in another area which could be up to 2 hours away. The most enjoyable part of this job is they pay well, your reimbursed fair for you travel, and you get paid for time spent entering information on your home computer.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Lengthy travel on occasion.
Great employer
Territory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 14, 2019
I love the flexibility, I just wish more hours were available. Everyone I have encountered is a team player. Upper management wants you to succeed, and is always available to help and answer questions.
Pros
Flexible, everyone is friendly
Cons
Lack of hours
Hallmark Review Summary
Visual Designer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 11, 2019
Hallmark Cards, Inc. is a very enjoyable place to work. Each department works at its own pace, and the environment overall provides a tranquil work atmosphere, as well as an agile work schedule that makes room for efficiency in completing daily projects.
Pros
Agile work schedule, tranquil work atmosphere
Cons
Minimal benefits for contractors
Good scheduling flexibility, hours vary with the season
Part Time Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 5, 2019
The day begins by checking to see what product has arrived, checking it in and then placing it in the designated retail section. The product is either seasonal or stock. Unsold seasonal is taken down at the end of the season and the nest season's displays are setup. With each visit the product is checked and restored to its 'retail ready' state. The number of hours necessary to maintain retail ready, varies depending on the amount of sales activity.
Pros
Scheduling is flexible
Cons
No feedback on sales performance.
Great Place to work
National Retail Sales Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 2, 2019
No longer in a growth industry - company is not growing and not a lot of career opportunity available. Enjoyed working at Hallmark great people to work with on a daily basis.
I love my job!
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 28, 2019
I enjoy working with Hallmark. I love being a merchandiser. My TS is great to work with as are my co-workers that occasionally I get to work with also.
Pros
Flexiable hours
Cons
Really cannot think of any.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight