Hallmark Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 565 reviews matching the search See all 3,559 reviews
good place to work if you need a flexible schedule
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHJuly 15, 2019
For the most part Hallmark is a decent place to work. They will work around your schedule. Most of the employees are nice, hardworking and respectful.
Great employees
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PAJuly 10, 2019
What I enjoyed most about this job were the employees. Everyone I worked with was so nice and helpful. This was a perfect job to have while also going to college. Pay was not good.
1Fun place and plenty to see!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYJuly 9, 2019
I enjoyed working here because it was fun in christmas.. the christmas/ornament rush and I loved looking at the new stuff we would get to unbox. Was also fun being able to help people pick out perfect cards/gifts for special events in their life.
Awesome
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  290 and HollisterJuly 3, 2019
Hallmark was great! I loved being able to express myself at all times and management was very understanding. Holidays (especially Christmas) are crazy packed but also special so the work flow was still fun and consistent. The owners were very involved and that made it feel more like a home than a job. Over all, it was a great part-time job.
Hallmark
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 2, 2019
Cash handling
Restock shelves
Answer phone calls
Maintain exceptional customer service skills
Advertise monthly promotions
Organize back room once delivery arrived
Great and mellow workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 25, 2019
Working at Hallmark was a great fit for me. It was a mellow job that allowed me to live my life and also enjoy coming to work. The atmosphere was calm.
Always change and Productive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 23, 2019
it's a good experience working at Hallmark, the most important person is our customer. Hallmark always provides new items to engage our customer base. It's fast pace and always evolving working at Hallmark.
Pros
discount
Cons
benefits are lackluster.
So much fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 22, 2019
Hallmark is awesome, Christmas time very busy but so much fun with all the ornaments. The boss always makes sure that we are happy and goes above and beyond
Friendly and nice workplace but the salary doesn’t fit it.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 21, 2019
Making 7.50 an hour for a part time 20 hour position isn’t really a great thing. The coworkers are nice, and the attitude is great. Great beginning job for your resume, otherwise there are other places that offer more with better benefits.
Don't Recommend
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJune 19, 2019
The hours are long, the hourly wage is the bare minimum, the manager is rarely there. It's incredibly slow, sometimes barely making enough a day to cover your own pay for the night. If you're in high school and/or you don't really need the money and you're just looking for something to do, it's alright I suppose. If you're hoping to pay your bills, look for a different job. You get minimum wage with no advancement. If the registers are short, you have no idea who did it because it's all on whoever is closing. Not allowed to sit down unless on break and you're supposed to always be moving through the store and straightening things (which is hard when sometimes you go three hours without a single person coming in). It's not a very diverse range of employees, even though many people of color put in applications. The people I work with are lovely, but management and ownership is lacking. It feels like you aren't trusted or valued as an employee. There's a high turnover rate and from what I've seen it's people quitting rather than being fired because it's difficult to deal with the people on the management/ownership side, although most of the customers I've dealt with have been alright. I never received a single paystub or pay statement, even after repeatedly asking, which feels sketchy on a legal level. Overall, I wouldn't recommend it.
Pros
Nice coworkers, slow-paced, 25% discount on non-sale merchandise
Cons
Long hours, short breaks, no opportunity for advancement, federal minimum wage, always working holidays and weekends
Great Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 19, 2019
I worked there for around 8 years it was a good part time Job. Hallmark will always be in my heart. The pay was fair. The management was great and supportive.
easy going schedules
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJune 18, 2019
I enjoyed working for the company. I worked at a corporate store with a manager that was very understanding and willing to work with my class schedule for College.
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the customers were for the most part, kind.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 13, 2019
A typical work day involved taking care of customers, restocking merchandise, cleaning up at night, and counting down the registers at night. I learned how to count down registers. Though the store manager was tough to handle, the manager and assistant manager were kind and always willing to help but not afraid to give me constructive criticism. The hardest part of the job was learning how to handle different customers attitudes'. The most enjoyable part was definitely the coworkers.
Loved Hallmark
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CTJune 2, 2019
The majority of my work experience with Hallmark was great. The District Manager was the problem - she did not listen to employee concerns regarding the store manager. Only took the word of him which inturn made employees quite their jobs.
Pros
Customer Experience
Cons
Management issues
Good Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 29, 2019
It was my first job and it was a great place to be able to learn what it takes to work in retail. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. A family bussiness that I was glad to work for.
Comfortable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHMay 27, 2019
When I worked at hallmark, they had a very comfortable and respectable environment, they also worked well with my hours. The only thing was some associates requested you to take their shifts a lot. The pay rate was equaled for it being my first job, and it was very simple for a small work place. The coworkers were nice and helpful!
Pros
Breaks, helpful
Productive work experience, fun and easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAMay 22, 2019
I really enjoyed working at Hallmark. The people were very nice and the job was interesting. Hallmark helped me learn tons of skills, such as customer interaction, registers, and stock.
Do not apply if your looking for more then 15 hours a week
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 20, 2019
was interviewed by three managers. I have worked in the retail field for many years,Two of these managers acted like they were Superior to any other retail stores out there and that my work experience meant nothing In my interview they made me feel as thou an idiot could do this job. I needed at least 20 hours a week min was told i would get 16 to 20. But no guarantee of 20 a week They hire people that only work once a month or once every three months. so i wouldn't be able to get at least 20, The pay was to low even tho i was willing to take a pay cut from my last job. Didn't take the job wasn't worth my time
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Not enough hours . low pay. cooperate managers that belittle you
Hallmark
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Millis, MAMay 10, 2019
I would be coming from after school so I would be typically working from 3-8 or 4-8. The people working there and the managers were very kind. Working there and being in school helped me manage my time better because I knew my education and school work came first. The best part of working there was that it was in the same town as I was living in and I could get there when I needed to and if I had to work for someone else. The hardest part of working there was when I moved, it was harder for me to get hours because I am so far from the store.
Nice customers and easy work but little pay and horrible coworkers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 8, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Hallmark for the most part, and would have stayed if I had more hours and pay. I took the job to pay for my tuition but $9 an hour for 4-13 hours a week isn’t paying for anything. A typical paycheck was anything from $75 to $125. I guess this paid for gas to get from work to home.
No opportunity for higher pay or promotions aside from being a key holder, which did not influence pay.
This would be a good job for someone in high school looking for some experience or pocket money but anyone else would probably need one or two other jobs to support themselves. Which is unacceptable but expected while working there.
Pros
Quiet place to work, good for a first job
Cons
Low pay, few hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight