Hallmark Employee Reviews

Found 3,204 reviews matching the search See all 3,554 reviews
low pay, high turnover, part-time with full-time headache yet no full-time pay or benefits
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 8, 2019
During my employment, I found this to be an extremely low paying, dead end job....

Merchandisers service 5-7 different type accounts, 3x per week, each with different requirements that constantly change so are difficult to keep up with. Plus attend EXTENSIVE store remodels a few times per month (once performed by an "install team" that was mostly men because they're so strenuous)... It is MANDATORY you attend remodels PLUS maintain your regular accounts taking your original, simple 16-20 hour week into a 35+ hour week...creating an almost "full-time" job, without any full-time pay or benefits!

Holidays are much more detailed and will be overwhelming...you will work long, strenuous hours days before and days after each holiday...fighting with store managers along with many other vendors to obtain floor space and pallet storage space for the excessive inventory...expect 10x more work than normal.

Basically, Hallmark offers low paid, part-time, dead end positions and expects full-time performance and dedication. The constant changes and expectations with confusing communications create a stressful work environment not worth the pay!

You're better off getting a full-time job and getting the pay and benefits to go along with the expectations.
Needs more incentives, hard work
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 8, 2019
I liked my job, i advanced in the company but not without a struggle and battle my way thru some bias women. In a typical day you do not have enough time to straighten a department, put back cards, and get up new merchandise. When it came to seasonal sets it was a struggle to get up displays in many stores to explain to them that the merchandiser did not order those displays but that a corporate person from wal-mart did.
Enjoyed the work, but not the company overall
Territory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJuly 8, 2019
While I enjoyed the work I did, the corporate office had their own ideas of "reality" in the stores. What they perceived and budgeted for was not always the case. There was no opportunity for growth at my level - my manager had been with the company for at least two decades and there were no other options. Additionally, my manager didn't have my back and support my needs in the field.
Flexible hours and relaxed atmosphere.
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJJuly 8, 2019
Flexible hours and can make my own schedule, enjoy working independently. Slow times of year (summer), work less hours. I need consistent hours and higher payrate.
Fun
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 7, 2019
Very enjoyable part time position with flexibility, some interaction with the public. There are assigned protocols for setting up product, with continual seasonal adjustments to the product.
Pros
No clocking in at a specific time
Cons
Not if you want a fat paycheck
Productive,Fas paced,and lots of Fun
Pt/Time Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 7, 2019
I love working for Hallmark part time but I need more pay. as an Sales Associate I would rather work part time seasonal and work a sitting/standing job soing Data enttry.
Banner hallmark
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VAJuly 6, 2019
Overall great job to start working they treated me with so much respect.I started working their when I was 14 and I learned so much about working on customer service that have stuck with me .
Pros
Great family friendly company
Cons
Loved everything no complains
I started 1 week before Valentines, no training.
Retail Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 5, 2019
Never met my 1st boss,we did revisions she was on her cel phone 90 %
My husband & I helped each other, we did this for 4 yrs the home office was informed they terminated us. My husband had 6 & I 4 then they gave my husband 3 more stores
Territory supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSJuly 5, 2019
If you work in field as a merchandiser you don’t make enough to work .. the more you can travel for them the more you make..
if you are a supervisor then you have to balance managing several merchandisers and having to fill in for those stores with no one ..
this company doesn’t care much about how they treat their employees
For the most part a good place to work
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 5, 2019
I enjoyed working for Hallmark, you could be flexible for the most part as long as you took care of necessary work during daytime hours. Walmart employees and managers were okay for the most part. Sometimes there was trouble getting special occasion pallets out on the floor but for the most part they were pretty good.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good managers who try to help you solve problems if you have them, fun work and fairly fast paced
Cons
Low pay comparitively to similar jobs
I love working there!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXJuly 4, 2019
The employees are great. I love the customers. A typical day includes assisting customers, merchandising and a need for visual is a must so displays and product can shine. I have learned that past experiences help.The hardest part of my job is having a disability. The workplace culture could improve on. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the customer smile and returning back with a good story to tell you. The customers coming back is a great thing for it really a two way street.
Pros
free cards sometimes
Cons
no benefits, low wage
Productive and a fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 4, 2019
The hardest part of the job was ho to deal with all kinds of public And how to display products. The management was wonderful to work withand I enjoyed working with all my co workers.
Awesome
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  290 and HollisterJuly 3, 2019
Hallmark was great! I loved being able to express myself at all times and management was very understanding. Holidays (especially Christmas) are crazy packed but also special so the work flow was still fun and consistent. The owners were very involved and that made it feel more like a home than a job. Over all, it was a great part-time job.
Enjoyable job and fun workplace
Sales Associate/Store Key Holder/Night Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INJuly 3, 2019
Depending on the day, you may be really busy or have to find things to do. The management is great and works well with keeping life and work balanced. I wish they offered benefits and the pay was higher and I would be perfectly happy working for Hallmark permanantly.
Fast paced atmosphere
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 2, 2019
• Unpack cards and place in correct pockets
• Ordering products, and pulling discontinued product.
• Knowledge of using Crown Connect device
• Reset cards for Seasonal displays.
• Straightened and replenished all cards on every store visit.
• Taking down old card displays, and building new displays from scratch.
• Planning/organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
• Built rapport through daily communication with store associates and management.
• Demonstrated success through detailed reporting.
Hallmark
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 2, 2019
Cash handling
Restock shelves
Answer phone calls
Maintain exceptional customer service skills
Advertise monthly promotions
Organize back room once delivery arrived
Solid Place to Work, Old-fashioned company
Strategic Cost and Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 2, 2019
I enjoyed my time there. They effectively built this work lifestyle that immerses you in remedial tasks to keep you busy and make you feel important. Meetings for EVERYTHING, to discuss things that should’ve been emailed. Good place to start, not stay.
Good part time job
Retail Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJuly 1, 2019
Good part time job. Manager tries her best to work with everyone's schedules. Most customers are friendly. There's always something to be done and keep you busy.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low pay, no raises
Limited Advancement
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 1, 2019
Most positions are retail & advancement opportunities are limited. May be hard to make a career here unless you work at the corporate level or start out as a store manager.
Wonderful Place to work! Wish I could have stayed
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSJune 30, 2019
This was by far the best job I ever had. The management were helpful and motivating and the people I worked with were Awesome as well. I enjoyed going to work everyday. The best part was the work schedules available.
Pros
schedules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight