Hallmark Employee Reviews

Found 3,191 reviews matching the search See all 3,541 reviews
Good for extra money
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 25, 2019
You definitely can't live off of working just at Hallmark. It is impossible since your only working 3 days out of the week with 7-10 hours and 20 hrs a week for holidays only. The pay is nice, working environment is good, easy to lift merchandise, and follow work orders. You get to run the store by yourself once your supervisor knows you are comfortable so that is pretty cool as well. It's a simple job but this job is not for individuals who need to make a living taking care their family or even just themselves. You will need a second job. FYI: you will need comfortable shoes because you will be on your feet the entire time. Get crocs
Pros
Benefits even for part-time employees, flexible schedulin, Management is friendly, and Hallmark is lenient
Cons
no overtime, low hours
Working for getting some money
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 25, 2019
Is not a great company to make money but is a part time if you not doing anything. Is not full a time job and payment is the minimum maximum 20 hrs per week
Very Rewarding, feel good career
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJune 25, 2019
This is a great place to work, semi flexible schedule but you do have required days to work. Summer is a very slow period , less hours. Fall the hours pick up and then the holiday set ups start. The hours increase alot. It's the most rewarding job I ever had and the most enjoyable! I would definitely go back if I need something part time. However the only down side is that the pay is extremely low for the area we live in.
Pros
Fun, rewarding job
Cons
Low pay, no advancement, low hours in summer and high hours in fall/winter
My time at Hallmark
Sales Floor Lead/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA 30909June 24, 2019
I have learn to listen to my customer needs. I learn to look at plan/ guidelines to set display and floor model to display new product. I have improved my inventory and cash register skills. I have learn to use company policies to uphold the integrity of the business.
Rewarding job emotionally.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 24, 2019
Working at Hallmark was overall a really rewarding job. When I wasn't putting away cards or putting out new product, I was helping guests find a gift for themselves or others that was suitable to their situation. Working their required one to be emotionally sensitive to others and as an empath, I had no problem with that. My coworkers were like family to me and I always felt comfortable and happy coming into work.
Great company to work for with flexable schedule.
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJJune 24, 2019
Hallmark is an excellent company to work for., They provide you with training at the beginning and they provide you with many instructions and video helps in the employee handbook and crown connect devices. The work can be demanding during a holiday season but overall not that hard.
Lots of work to do in a very short amount of time given.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNJune 23, 2019
checking in shipments and putting cards in there proper place. A lot of work for the amount of time they give you so you got to be fast. If you go over the two hours they give you then management gets angry with you. My manager was not nice at all. Easy job with poor management
Pros
got to help customers
Cons
poor management, no hours, low pay
Always change and Productive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 23, 2019
it's a good experience working at Hallmark, the most important person is our customer. Hallmark always provides new items to engage our customer base. It's fast pace and always evolving working at Hallmark.
Pros
discount
Cons
benefits are lackluster.
So much fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 22, 2019
Hallmark is awesome, Christmas time very busy but so much fun with all the ornaments. The boss always makes sure that we are happy and goes above and beyond
It's a great place to work only because of the accounts you have and the people you will meet
RM (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 22, 2019
It's not a bad job but they don't give you enough hours. They say they pay for miles but they only people that get paid for miles are management because they travel a lot. If you are an RM you really would not benefit at all
Would not advise it
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJune 21, 2019
This company has minimal hours in which to perform maximum results. Management is very critical and the average work week is only 10 hours. Territory supervisor will never respond to your emails or any questions and the immediate supervisors don’t understand a lot about what the job entails because they have very little training.
If an individual can combine one or two other jobs with this one, then this is the job for you.
Pros
Working alone and can make your own hours.
Cons
No chance of advancement or additional hours. Hallmark goes through a lot of employees.
Friendly and nice workplace but the salary doesn’t fit it.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 21, 2019
Making 7.50 an hour for a part time 20 hour position isn’t really a great thing. The coworkers are nice, and the attitude is great. Great beginning job for your resume, otherwise there are other places that offer more with better benefits.
Laid back place to work
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 21, 2019
Work major holiday Mother's Day, Father's Day, Valentine's Day, Christmas, Sweetest Day and a few minor ones setting up displays in markets and stores
Lack of growth
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 21, 2019
Easy job, poor upper management, no growth within the company, it's ok as a supplement income, but nothing else. I worked with some fantastic ladies while there, but that was the only bonus to the job.
Productive place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCJune 20, 2019
I loved working for Hallmark for the 14 years I was there as a manager. I just hate that my store closed down 6 years ago. Working as the store manager had its ups and downs the best thing about the job was the customer interactions that I had and the great staff that worked with me in the store.
Don't Recommend
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJune 19, 2019
The hours are long, the hourly wage is the bare minimum, the manager is rarely there. It's incredibly slow, sometimes barely making enough a day to cover your own pay for the night. If you're in high school and/or you don't really need the money and you're just looking for something to do, it's alright I suppose. If you're hoping to pay your bills, look for a different job. You get minimum wage with no advancement. If the registers are short, you have no idea who did it because it's all on whoever is closing. Not allowed to sit down unless on break and you're supposed to always be moving through the store and straightening things (which is hard when sometimes you go three hours without a single person coming in). It's not a very diverse range of employees, even though many people of color put in applications. The people I work with are lovely, but management and ownership is lacking. It feels like you aren't trusted or valued as an employee. There's a high turnover rate and from what I've seen it's people quitting rather than being fired because it's difficult to deal with the people on the management/ownership side, although most of the customers I've dealt with have been alright. I never received a single paystub or pay statement, even after repeatedly asking, which feels sketchy on a legal level. Overall, I wouldn't recommend it.
Pros
Nice coworkers, slow-paced, 25% discount on non-sale merchandise
Cons
Long hours, short breaks, no opportunity for advancement, federal minimum wage, always working holidays and weekends
Loved working with other employees
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLJune 19, 2019
Such a Happy Place to work - especially at Christmas (ornaments were displayed starting in July). Older community so would often help elderly customers find the right card. I once had to crawl under a customer's car to help find lost keys. Making people happy. That's what it was all about.
Great Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 19, 2019
I worked there for around 8 years it was a good part time Job. Hallmark will always be in my heart. The pay was fair. The management was great and supportive.
Productive but friendly fun place to work. Wish pay was higher.
Sales Associate and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, NEJune 19, 2019
Overall the company has high standards for its employees. Which keeps a great high quality staff. My only issue is pay/salary. Also wish they would implement a more eco friendly packaging for shipping their stock and out dated merchandise.
Great starter job, not for everyone. No career advancement
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOJune 18, 2019
Hallmark is a great job for young starters ready to work. Walking miles on end to collect, file and sort cards, and other items into a box to send them on their way. Management can be quite stressful as some people are hired on with no experience/no degree of some sort. You must make your points daily which can be very stressful. Personally the best part of the job is the people you work with.
Pros
PTO monthly, the people, the money
Cons
Management. The walking isn’t for everyone. You’re just another number.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Hallmark.

Powered by Comparably