Halpin Staffing Services

Halpin Staffing Services Employee Reviews

United States45 reviews
Had different job titles. Material Handler was one inventory put away,and was a third shift lead. My work was valued and strengthen my skills. Work good with my schedule at home.
Flexible Hours
Always Good Job Opportunities

Temp To Hire Jobs

Friendly

Start Working The Next Day

Weekly Pay

Health Care Benefits

Great Locations.
Good if you need a job quick, pay is weekly and they offer advances and pay cards, willing to work within a mile radius from you home address and get you what you need for jobs with a fee
I really loved working at Halpin, good people and culture. They have a decent mix of general labor and higher level positions. No real room for advancement.
Cut throat recruiting company.... "Teammates" steal your candidates you work hard to find. Recruiters "recycle" candidates and mislead them about opportunities in order to fill a job. Management plays favoritism and will treat you as if nothing is wrong but then will fire you a week later for updating your resume online or for being "unhappy" and for voicing your opinion. Instead of taking the time to change or fix bad habits, they could care a less, as long as you continue to bring in candidates to interview and submit/place new associates, you will make management happy. No room for growth for recruiters. Base salary is competitive but commission structure is out dated. No flexible scheduling or options to work for home.
Official response from Halpin Staffing Services
October 22, 2019
We are very sorry to hear you had a negative experience at Halpin. We value all of our current and former employees’ feedback and strive to make Halpin Staffing a great company to work for. We wish you the best
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Lately they never have anything for me. You're a temporary agency. Your job is to find me a job. But whenever I go in, you never place me. Not enough contracts? Or am I just not good enough?
It was a great company to work for. The staff was really helpful and engaging. I would recommend this staffing service to anyone looking for employment.
Ugghh-ugghh! Horrible, absolutely horrible. I got singled out by a manager because I called his unfair action out to his boss. He eventually found the littlest reason to have me taken off the assignment.
Pros
Some free lunches and a picnic.
Cons
Cold environment, biased client managers.
Walk in
General labor

Day to day labor

Very few clerical jobs

Very laid back work environment.

Bilingual is very helpful

Start working right away

Weekly pay checks
Working for Halpin Personnel has been a blast; they offered me competitive wages, vacation days, and better job assignments as soon as they were available. I really do love this company.
Really can’t say too much about Halpin Staffing Services because I only been working through them fof 3 weeks but I was working the same day I came in
Pros
Fast placement
The staff at Halpin did find me work everytime the assignment ended.
There was no room for advancement. Job assignments ended to quickly. I enjoyed working as an assembler
Very helpful in acquiring work.They work for you and with you to help find a job that fits your skill set and desires. friendly and fast. Thank you to the Halpin staff.
I worked for Halpin as a temp and the one place that he sent me was VERY unsafe! For example I almost got into an accident with another order picker due to the fact that he was driving too fast and almost hit me! The place where I was assigned was called Focus.
Halpin didn't help me very much to find a solid job.
Pros
Paycheck and more hours driving forklift and order picker
Cons
Halpin wasn't a help and put my life in danger at Focus
I like working at halpin because they try to match you with a job that fits your lifestyle. If you are not happy with the labor they will try to find you a job that works for you, fits into your schedule and has the hours that you need. Payday advances are also a plus with this company especially when first starting to guaranty you have the gas to travel to and from until you receive your first paycheck
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Laid off from time to time
Very poor management skills. Recruiter do not return calls or answer emails. Unprofessional and under qualified. Make sure you check and recheck your hours of pay.
Pros
It’s better than slave wages
Cons
Don’t expect them to find you a job
fun and enjoyable
janitorial jobs aren't as bad as I thought

they keep in touch with you

the hardest part is you don't know when it will end

most enjoyable was the time of the job I was on
This position was temporary. I was treated fair and nice by the entire company I was placed with. I learned new things and how the Glass part of the construction was handled.
building and picking order to fill for Walmart, pool and chemical orders, stacking pallets, stocking fill line, cleaning broken and old chemical products safely do to OSHA standards
There are a lot of people who violate a lot of the rules of the company but it goes unnoticed. But people who are there everyday and work hard, may inadvertently be seen talking too much or some other very minor infraction, and get jumped all over. There is a lot of racial inequality as well.
Cons
Very short breaks, people very catty and not always willing to help
I didnt like the one guy. I would call and never get a phone call back or they said they would look into something and never got back at me. Very shady
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halpin Staffing Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8