Halyard Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Marvelous people.
Sr. Global Dev OPS Engineer Hosting SDM (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 20, 2018
I normally leave this out. Not very professional in my opinion to base a personal statement.

Great environment of people to work cross functionally with.

Alpharetta Ga
Pros
Great folks to work around
Cons
where your hired is where you stay
Good environment; poor management; disorganized
Warehouse Team Leader, Facility Logistic Services (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCMay 21, 2018
Most days consist of daily planned work and projects but regularly become abandoned and replaced with panic and rushed chaos due to lack of proper planning and anticipating problems and issues that arise in manufacturing.
Poor managemant, lack of leadership, no job security
Supply Chain Consultant (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 4, 2018
The company is acquired by other company, big part of business was sold. Not sure what's the future going to be for remaining business. Probably will be acquired by another company one day
Used to be great
Technical Quality Leader - New Product Development (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 25, 2018
Ever since we spun off from Kimberly-Clark it has gone down hill. With the new CEO things are just getting worse. He is solely focused on money and not the people.
20 year old product with nothing innovative in the pipeline
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 9, 2018
Acute Pain Division has had the same product for 20 years. Some new products have been introduced with little to no impact across the country. Pay and benefits are respectable. Some very good Regional Business Leaders exist but Zone Managers and General Manager are disconnected to the current market. New CEO is the only hope for this division. The hardest part of the job is to maintain integrity within the med device world along with the inability to get in front of decision makers who desire innovation. The most enjoyable part of each day is having a positive impact on the opioid crisis by minimizing opioid needs post surgery.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Lack of leadership and innovation
Good work/life balance but poor managment
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 3, 2018
This company only hires contractors and will hire you directly after 2 years of (proving) yourself. R&D full time employees have to offer Halyard ideas for new products and get no compensation in return. In fact if you do not offer ideas you are penalized and can be fired. The management at a technical company should have lots of expertise in the field, however no one has advanced technical degrees and relies on their subordinates to start and close projects. Depending on the manager, little to no recognition is given to the subordinates that do 95% of the work. There are some extremely good managers at Halyard health and many engineers are very good at their jobs, however if you are on the wrong team this place is not enjoyable to work.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Poor management with lack of knowledge in field
Poor management lacking any vision.
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 26, 2018
The industry has passed this company by, probably when it was Kimberly Clark, before they were split-off into Halyard. They do not have the vision to win in a very tough market place. The device side is not bad, but the S&IP division is a wreck. Well, we were recently sold to Owens and Minor, so it is their wreck now.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
very poor, outdated and overmatched management
Relaxed atmosphere with game tables on different floors.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 2, 2018
Halyard truly cares about their employees and making their work life balance out. Management is excellent and motivational. Between the work atmosphere, co-workers and Team Leaders you want to excel and do well to lift up the Team and Company. Amazing place to work!
Market Leader in the products we sell.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 17, 2018
I learned a lot from the many years of service for the company. We have a unique selling strategy that challenges the customer to contribute in the sales process, by inputting their need for the product in a short period (Sales cycle).
The challenges of the job are calling on very busy clinicians, who can rarely spend a few moments discussing products or needs in the dept. Scheduling time with the customer in advance of the requested date in some ways is very successful.
The joy of the job is in the teaching of the products to clinicians and patients and see them smile when they recognize that the device they are using is a true blessing in their lives.
Pros
Teaching the clinicians and patients on the use of our products.They can improve their lives daily.
Cons
Minimal time to meet with the clinicians, you have to focus on a short speech to catch their attention and tailor it to each individual.
Great place to start off in remote corporate america
Clinical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA 30004November 15, 2017
Halyard Health is a great company to begin working in medical sales device company as well as learning how to balance work, travel and family life. My manager does NOT micro manage and always make sure that we seek and receive the support we need to do our job from him and the company. He is very fair. A typical work day will include travel, training of physicians and case support as wel as administrative work. I have learned how to better manage my time as well as balance family life and work.

Hardest part of job is my struggle to be perfect and reach out for support try to resolve issues even though the support is there for me.

Most enjoyable is I am passionate about teaching and training so I get to do what I am best at. In addition to that the travel and meeting new people constantly
Pros
Company car, earn hotel points, earn flight mileage.
Cons
carry 2 phones, Not being able to further education to obtain degree due to unpredictable schedule
Good place to work with emphasis on safety.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCOctober 30, 2017
Left for personal reasons mostly. Would work there again if personal situation changed. The benefits offered by company were standard for the industry. Upward mobility with company is possible. Company is in a transitional phase due to new ownership.
Pros
Full time employment, good benefits, upper management family oriented.
Cons
12-hr shifts, some heavy lifting/work with hot equipment and process. Paid every other week.
Cut Throat Company
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 18, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this company for anything. So competitive and rigid. Very confusing org structure. As a new employee I was placed in a seat and left to fend for myself. Place is the pits, but looks wonderful on the outside.
No growth
Technician (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 10, 2017
The management and culture is not good here. There isnt enough employees because people keep leaving, adding more work to the employees who still work there. There is no place for advancement, no stock options, or bonuses. The managers want accountability, but they are not accountable themselves, makes work unpleasant. Lack of real support from managers.
Pros
Monthly breakfast celebrations where employees are celebrated for anniversaries and birthday's.
Cons
Being part of a big company and having your headquarters be in a different state.
Toxic Management / Limited Opportunity / Egg Shell Walk
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 27, 2017
Absolutely the most toxic working environment I have seen, or heard of, due to the extreme politics within the company. This organization is more concerned about how you are perceived by senior management vs. your results. DO NOT pursue an opportunity at Halyard unless it is a low-level individual contributor role. Give the organization about 6 more months and see if it is not broken up and sold.
Pros
Good entry level Medical Sales Experience
Cons
Pay, Toxic Culture, Hidden Agendas, Lack of Transparent Feedback
Productive and Fast paced
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 18, 2017
I am a person that loves to work in a fast-paced environment, getting the opportunity to work in a warehouse on an assembly line was truly rewarding. Managers and Supervisors were encouraging and helpful.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Standing for entire shift
Workplace culture
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 20, 2017
Accountability is lacking in the culture. Overall people are good but seemed unhappy or frustrated with lack of career ladder for advancement which limits motivation.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Lack of advancement even if you are over performing
Tough place to work if you like work life balance
blank (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 19, 2017
The company touts work life balance programs such as summer hours but most people either can't take the 1/2 day off on Friday or work their 45+ hours in the four days they are there. HR management does not have the best interest of the people.
Fast-paced and mostly pleasant working atmosphere
Mechanical Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 9, 2017
I was employed for several years at Halyard. I do not stay at a job for that long if the working atmosphere is not pleasant ahd/or educational for me.

The manager who hired me is still a personal friend, and one of the nicest people I know.

In most cases, personal interrelationships were easily formed with co-workers.
Pros
Great benefits
High Stress No Work Life Balance
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 6, 2017
If you are looking for work life balance and don't live in Alpharetta pass on this place. 50-70 hours a week is not enough. If you have children good luck, if you don't live in Alpharetta pass.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Excessive Hours, Employees Expendable, High Turnover
Very limited advancement opportunities
R&D (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 26, 2017
R&D leadership is extremely lacking. Very afraid to take significant risks or do anything truly innovative, hence the parade of me-too products they launch. Career development is pretty much only paid lip service, regardless of performance. Pay is below average for medical device industry.