Hamamatsu Corporation

Working at Hamamatsu Corporation: 11 Reviews

United States11 reviews

Not so good

If you are ambitious and want to grow in a company DO NOT WORK HERE. Company is looking for someone with no ambition and no drive that can cause engineers frustration and extra work cleaning others mistakes. This company moves very slow. There is too much politics, too much gossip especially from upper female managers. This company gears to people of color so they can oppress them to do the job for many years with mediocre pay. Also, note that there is a clock in and out system that is a perfect example how to divide those from salaries. They say is a good incentive for people to move up in the company / that is law. If you are an engineer is a good company to start with.

Would go back in a heartbeat!

Great place to work. Fun and down to earth environment but everyone shows their passion for the company and it's products. I resigned to relocate but now I wish I had stayed.

Pros

Management wants to see you do well ; pay

Cons

None that I can think of

Hamamatsu Corporation insights

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction

Technical leadership and fast paced

Hamamatsu is a great opportunity for any sales with a strong technical background in EE or Physics. The company is a leader in the photonics industry and recognized by most companies. As long as you can learn the products / technology and follow up with existing customers and new leads you will do well in this company.

Pros

Recognized leader in industry

Cons

High technical requirement for sales role

Management sucks

Hamamatsu is all about the bottom dollar. They care nothing for their employees or customer service. All they care about are metrics and pointing fingers. It has become a sad place to work.

Great place to work with limited challenges

Great place to work with limited challenges, they make a great products, very Japanese oriented company. Semi retail operation with many processes in place.

good place

answering phone, answering emails, engineers questioning customers concerns ....they would provide their ideas as they spoke with the customer and came to a conclusion about the repair part/s. I learned how some products were to be sent to Japan for repair and how other products would be repair here in NJ, also the function of the product and when the customer would be able to get a loaner product from us, as we sent the part to Japan for repair. Each department has their own manager and supervisor, they are there to answer questions, when needed, at times only the supervisor was available. the company was very Japanese oriented, but it started to change, when the owner/president had to return to Japan for good and another president was picked. There was no hard part to this job, loved the co-workers and the job itself. Having weekly meetings with our department to discuss any issues or new updates, was enjoyable, since we were a good group.

Pros

The company was always good to the employees. 1 hour lunch

Cons

there are 2 offices in NJ, that should not be, all should work in one office. It's better for each employee.

Fun to work with some of the staff, but management was average

Engineering Team were good to work with and boss was flexible, friendly and understandable. Unfortunately our general manager did not seem to have same mentality and deliver some promises that were never meant to.

Pros

Good environment, free dinners and good benefits

Cons

Poor Management

Overall

Great Benefits, pay and security. However, it is stuck in the past and executive team does not make any decisions. Great people to work with.

Checks deposit Via scanner and apply on customers account.

Checks deposit Via scanner and apply on customers account. Invoicing : via regular mail, Email & on web. ACH payments, EFTs apply on accounts. Bank Reconciliation ,Checks disbursed & received. EFT's , Foreign currency Accounts customer, JPY & CAD $ GL Entries. Entries ,Apply payments , Postings. Month end closing. Assist the Assistant Controller accounts.

Great employer and family oriented

I immensely enjoyed working for Hamamatsu Corporation because I was given an opportunity to learn a new career field. This company is great to work for and family oriented.

Great experince and Company

Here I was in the purchasing department as a data entry clerk/buyer. I learned importing and exporting, Japanese culture, productivity of photo synthesis devices. Management was efficient and co-workers were pleasant. Hardest part of the job was to remember all the prefix of the part numbers and what type of part it was. Enjoyable most of the time, company really showed their appreciation to the employee's for the years hard work put in.

Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hamamatsu Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits