Hamamatsu Corporation Employee Reviews

Management sucks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJSeptember 22, 2017
Hamamatsu is all about the bottom dollar. They care nothing for their employees or customer service. All they care about are metrics and pointing fingers. It has become a sad place to work.
Great place to work with limited challenges
Business Dev./Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 26, 2017
Great place to work with limited challenges, they make a great products, very Japanese oriented company.
Semi retail operation with many processes in place.
good place
QA Associate (Former Employee) –  Middlesex, NJFebruary 7, 2017
answering phone, answering emails, engineers questioning customers concerns ....they would provide their ideas as they spoke with the customer and came to a conclusion about the repair part/s.
I learned how some products were to be sent to Japan for repair and how other products would be repair here in NJ, also the function of the product and when the customer would be able to get a loaner product from us, as we sent the part to Japan for repair.
Each department has their own manager and supervisor, they are there to answer questions, when needed, at times only the supervisor was available. the company was very Japanese oriented, but it started to change, when the owner/president had to return to Japan for good and another president was picked. There was no hard part to this job, loved the co-workers and the job itself.
Having weekly meetings with our department to discuss any issues or new updates, was enjoyable, since we were a good group.
Pros
The company was always good to the employees. 1 hour lunch
Cons
there are 2 offices in NJ, that should not be, all should work in one office. It's better for each employee.
Fun to work with some of the staff, but management was average
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  USAAugust 1, 2016
Engineering Team were good to work with and boss was flexible, friendly and understandable.
Unfortunately our general manager did not seem to have same mentality and deliver some promises that were never meant to.
Pros
Good environment, free dinners and good benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Overall
Sales (Current Employee) –  NJSeptember 16, 2015
Great Benefits, pay and security. However, it is stuck in the past and executive team does not make any decisions. Great people to work with.
Checks deposit Via scanner and apply on customers account.
Account Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJSeptember 4, 2015
Checks deposit Via scanner and apply on customers account.
Invoicing : via regular mail, Email & on web.
ACH payments, EFTs apply on accounts.
Bank Reconciliation ,Checks disbursed & received.
EFT's ,
Foreign currency Accounts customer, JPY & CAD $
GL Entries.
Entries ,Apply payments , Postings.
Month end closing.
Assist the Assistant Controller accounts.
Great employer and family oriented
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJanuary 27, 2015
I immensely enjoyed working for Hamamatsu Corporation because I was given an opportunity to learn a new career field. This company is great to work for and family oriented.
Great experince and Company
Purchasing/Data Entry Clerk/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJOctober 3, 2013
Here I was in the purchasing department as a data entry clerk/buyer.
I learned importing and exporting, Japanese culture, productivity of photo synthesis devices. Management was efficient and co-workers were pleasant. Hardest part of the job was to remember all the prefix of the part numbers and what type of part it was. Enjoyable most of the time, company really showed their appreciation to the employee's for the years hard work put in.
Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hamamatsu Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Hamamatsu Corporation Reviews by Location