Hamilton Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Hmc
Registered Nurse- Telemetry/Cardiac Step-down Unit (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAMarch 23, 2018
major issue is management. i worked night shift and NEVER SAW HER. very little communication. pay was ok. very little advancement with education or incentives.
Ridiculous Tardy Policy
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAMarch 18, 2018
You cannot clock in early, and you cannot clock out late. You are expected to be in your working station within 3 minutes of clocking in. Termination is possible for associates not clocking in and out on time.
Pros
PAL Time accrues
Cons
Cafeteria lunch will break the bank
Fast paced neverv a set schedule
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dalton gaMarch 12, 2018
I didn't have a set schedule and was on different shifts my body couldn't adjust to the switches daily. The manager didn't know how to balance out the schedule
Pros
Job security
Cons
No set work shift
Hamilton is a great place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAMarch 5, 2018
Hamilton Medical Center is a great place to work. They help pay for my education and worked around my school schedule. Offered cafe discounts. Offered continuing education.
Pros
Paid time off! 403
Cons
Stressful
i loved working a Hmc they had an awesome staff and managers
Food Service Worker/ patient service represenative (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAFebruary 24, 2018
All in All HMC was a great place to work they had excellent benefits and the pay was great the only down fall is that they wasn't to lenient on you being out with sick kids and it was hard to take off for doctor visits and random unexpected things that came up in daily life in general.
Fair environment for an Emergency Department
Clinical Manager ER (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 18, 2018
I worked there for 3 years as a Clinical Manager in the Emergency Department. The environment is fair, the pay is good and the work load is manageable as much as an ER workload can be. There was no opportunity for advancement and that is why I left.
Great Place to Work
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 7, 2018
The company provides you with all the tools you need to succeed. It is a great place to work. I greatly enjoy my position there. The people are great to work with.
Very enjoyable place to work.
Admission Representative/Registration (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 5, 2018
Typical day at work, would consist of receiving, and interviewing patients to collect and verify pertinent demographic, clinical and financial data. Management is great, they are kind, and caring. They let you do your job, and not hover you. One of the hardest parts of the job, is dealing with sickness and sadness. Upset patient, family, and friends.
Most enjoyable part. It really is all about how you make it. It can be very hard or very easy.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Salary
Good place to work but a little disorganized
CERTIFIED SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 29, 2017
Hamilton was a good place to work but a bit disorganized. There were 4 different managers in my 10 years there. The staff were constantly complaining about work load and time off.
Pros
Goid variety of surgical cases
Cons
Lack of staff
LPN (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GADecember 15, 2017
Working for Whitfield Staffing was wonderful. Floor nurses were outstanding and very easy to work with and learn from. Floor manager at the time not very easy to work with and somewhat rude at times. Acquired amazing skills and time management knowledge.
Pros
Learning opportunities, salary, nursing teammates
Cons
No health insurance or vacation time
Very productive and caring place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GADecember 12, 2017
I love working there. The management is very caring. You always learn new things. My coworkers are team players. We all help each other. Management always has an open door policy.
Pros
Discounts on lunch, bonus
Great place to work.
ER Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GANovember 30, 2017
The ER night shift was brutal to work, but had very good staff along side to work with. I am not sure how it is now it has been many years since I have worked at HMC.
n/a
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GANovember 11, 2017
The day was usually busy, it was always hard to figure out what the cardiologists wanted us to do with the stress test processing. It is a good place to work just hard to take call so much living so far away, with a child.
Productive workplace, great working environment
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GASeptember 28, 2017
Great place to work!! Would recommend Hamilton Medical Center to everyone. Great employer and great place to get your medical care. Supervisors and co-workers very knowledgeable and very helpful.
Pros
work environment
Cons
limited benefits for pt
Daily high stress
Electronic Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GASeptember 7, 2017
Some days very high paced, great benefits, wonderful discounts and compensation , lots of interaction w/ people but, was discouraged from socialization & very forward with their opinion of how others & yourself should dress or present yourself almost too consumed with it in my opinion.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
too "classified"
Very fast paced and stressful for me.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 24, 2017
Was a nice place to work, but was very stressful for me at the time. I would have no problem recommending Hamilton as a good place to work. But it is a very fast paced environment.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Short breaks, busy and very fast paced
my work on the job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 17, 2017
I worked 2nd.shift,begain at 3pm..i would have rooms assigned to me at the beginning of the shift,usually around 16 rooms to clean.i enjoyed my job, and liked the girls I worked with..my shift would end at 11 pm
Great place to work...
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 16, 2017
I loved working at Hamilton Medical Center. My coworkers were friendly. I had an excellent supervisor. The salary and benefits were adequate. The atmosphere was positive.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Long drive
Hamilton Medical Center is not a friendly or fair place to work and all employess are not helt to the same standerds
Emergency Department Registrar (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 3, 2017
ER Registration
Register patients who come to the ER for treatment in a timely manner
Workplace culture is very poor
Management does not hold all employees to the same standards
Dealing with the un-fairness with the management
Some of my co-workers
Pros
Full time but finished in 3 days with 12 1/2 shifts
Cons
one 30 minute break in a 12 1/2 shift, bad upper management, will only give overtime to certain people in the department
hamilton medical center
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse Ortho-Neuro Floor (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 1, 2017
I worked at Hamilton medical center many, many years ago and I don't feel like I can give a fair review. I have no idea what goes on there now. I did learn a whole lot and enjoyed my time there.