Hamilton Telecommunications Employee Reviews

No my favorite
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDMay 15, 2018
Not my favorite place I've worked. Management culture is more geared towards friendship than actual leadership. Hires and fires often and without reason.
Out of Date boring place to work
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDApril 9, 2018
All I am going to say is that if you are in dire need of money work at Hamilton. If not go work at one of the other call centers around the area because you will have a much better experience. Hamilton is very out of date with there systems and procedures. It's a dying company. You sit and repeat what you hear for 10 hours a day. Usually doctors offices or calls about random things with people who cannot seem to talk into a phone correctly without it sounding like its being dragged through gravel or underwater all while you're expected to caption the inaudible words they are speaking. Let's just say there is a reason they haven't stopped hiring new people every 3 weeks for the past 3- 4 years, but hey if you like sitting and repeating what you hear for 10 hours a day with little break time then you will probably enjoy it.
Pros
Free Health Insurance for Full Time, flexible with scheduling
Cons
Bad management, Terribly boring, out of date, no move up potential, If they see a cell phone or anything electronic you're fired immediately.
Decent workplace with some room for improvement
Captioning Agent (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 1, 2018
A typical day depends on your shift.You receive incoming calls which you must transcribe for the Captel phones. This job was unlike anything I have done before, and no prior experience can really prepare you for this job. They do have a fairly forgiving start for employee errors, but how errors are cataloged in monitors are the weak point of this company. There is no possibility for disputing errors, as no calls are recorded. As a result you as an employee have no way to defend yourself.
Despite my criticism, this company was great; I would recommend this company should they fix the accountability problem.
Pros
Free health benefits, great career advancement possibility
Cons
some problems with the management
Fast paced and semi-stressful workplace
Caption Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 28, 2018
Continuous calls all day that you’re responsible. No more than 2-3 seconds between each call. Required to talk continuously throughout your whole shift.
Good Company
Administrative Assistant, QA, CSR (Former Employee) –  Aurora, NENovember 20, 2017
We had a great management team at Hamilton. I really enjoyed working there but had all but maxed out on the management scale. The management was great and the policies were well defined.
Even considering the cons this is still a great place to work!
Lead CA (Current Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 7, 2017
Hamilton has its cons and from someone who has had many jobs over the years you are gonna learn that every place is gonna have it's down sides. Hamilton wants you to work overtime, that in itself makes it a great place to work!. Management sucks but other places are worse, at least Hamilton has health insurance. The no fault attendance policy is amazing. I love calling out and not having to explain why. Anyone who can't manage the point system deserves to be terminated. You obviously don't need a job if you are absent that much. The hardest part of the job is that it is so epically boring. I will take that over flipping burgers and standing on my feet all day!
Pros
Benefits, Incentives, Ease of the work itself, paid training, overtime, appreciation events
Cons
Poor Management (Only affects you if you try to advance.), Not competitive pay
Laid back job but can be boring
Call Operator (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 29, 2017
The job is fairly laid back but it can get boring after a while. The point system can get you if you have a family emergency because they are unexcused no matter what.
It was boring and really hard not to fall asleep
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee) –  aurora, neAugust 7, 2017
They slowly give you raises but you should start at more than 9.50 for the job you're doing. It's so boring you can't do much of anything while you're taking a call and sometimes calls last more than an hour. It's an ok place to work overall though but they really should pay these people more
Pros
bounus, raises every three months, free health insurance, great benefits package, ok management
Cons
boring, don't get paid enough, it's in aurora
Okat
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 21, 2017
It was a slow pace job with a quiet environment. Schedules offered were good. It was an interesting job and genuinely helping people while working was a plus.
Good place to work. Good benefits.
Opr (Current Employee) –  Frostburg, MDJuly 10, 2017
Hamilton provides great benefits and keeps their employees above minimum wage at all times. Their management staff works to help if you need help, but some supervisors and leads slack off at times. If call traffic is low, you can read.

Bonuses offered are great. Levels system pays you more for the same job. As long as you're excelling where you need to. Attendance bonuses. Paid a bonus for working when you're scheduled, as long as you're on time.

Claims to be "drug free" but the company is cool if you don't show up to work high or do drugs on property.

Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Benefits. Good management team.
Cons
No phones (understandable)
Great place to work great benefits
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDJuly 6, 2017
If you can take sitting 8 hours this is a job for you. a bit to get used to but once you know how to this job is great great benefits and high pay and bonuses
Pros
bonuses high pay
Worst company I have ever worked for
Captionist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 28, 2017
Huge turn over rate. Training is excruciating. All they do is read. Also they walk the fine line of the labor board so 6 hours without a chance to eat. Not challenging at all so the boredom will eventually consume you. No diversity so if you don't look like them then you will probably be watched like a hawk for any mistake. I can't understand anyone that stays longer than 6 months. If you need a job while in between jobs then it's okay but if you like to use your brain you will be running out the door. The smart people were leaving within the first week if not day one of training. If they would get rid of everyone that is above an entry level position, drug screen applicants, do random drug screening and last but definitely not least raise the pay this company could compete with others in the same industry. Everything from equipment to chairs is outdated. I just wonder where the money is really going that this company is making.
Pros
No drug test, always openings
Cons
Almost everybody stays high all through their shift
Fun work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NE 68601April 6, 2017
Everyone was encouraging, including moving up, learning all aspects of the job. The workplace was fun and was always looking to forward to the job. They made sure you knew your job. They offered great benefits.
100% productive
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 14, 2016
going to work under the air conditioning was always the best feeling you would sit at your desk for hours unless you could make up an emergency to get water or go to the bathroom.
Pros
sitting behind your desk, no talking to your coworkers
Cons
Short breaks, to work with them you had to take their benefits even though they were not that good
Only if you can't get hired anywhere else
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 23, 2016
This job by far has been the most boring job I've ever had on the planet. I accepted it because I had been out of work for 4 months prior and after informing them that I had a "life outside of work" they decided to hire me.

First off, training is extremely boring. Trainers read from a pamphlet. Equipment is outdated and the chairs you sit in may have you with serious back problems and you may find a menstrual stain or two in several seats. Just gross.

Wages are extremely low to say the job is so demanding. They hobby a point system that's designed for you to get fired is you have a life. Broke your leg? Child has a football game or you have a petty traffic court date? No excuses whatsoever they don't care your still penalized.

Mid-level managers take their job extremely serious to say they know nothing. Everybody has a conflicting answer and never know the right or "correct" answer. More than 70% of the actual customers can hear what you're saying which questions why your even there in the first place. Turnover rate is like no other. Some people just walk out and quit due to boredom. Your not allowed to be near your phone which is understood but can be challenging for those who need to be contacted at times. The only thing I can say positive is they allow you to pick your shifts, but choose wisely because your expected to be there when they say you or not a minute late or your penalized.

Healthcare is free but you MUST work 40 hours a week in order to maintain it. You'll never see the supervisor until you get fired. Bathrooms are dirty and funky and mainly because
  more... of this one trainer that has a massive BO and it fumegates throughout the whole hallway.

This job is the bottom of the barrel scamming hard of hearing customers that don't really need it because they have their hearing aids in and barely read their screens. Investors really need to be skeptical because this company will fire you with a now hiring sign flag sitting right out in front and could care less.
Pros
Free healthcare, no-fault absence, shift differential, volunteer hours, alleged levels that is supposed to increase your hourly pay
Cons
Short 30 minute lunch breaks with scheming 15 minute breaks, horrible management, low pay, no-fault attendance, dirty environment, outdated equipment, high turnover, demanding hours... I don't think there's enough space for me to list the cons.
too many unnecessary rules
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 14, 2016
don't treat employees fair. the supervisors are always standing behind or around you while captioning calls. Point system sucks.
Pros
Cons
very stressful place to work
Easy Job , management HORRIBLE
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 11, 2016
The job itself is very simple. It's not hard to catch on at all. But management is HORRIBLE !!! They don't care about the employees, it's so much favoritism, if you're not kissing butt you are not moving up, they don't care about anyone's lives outside of work. If you get sick & don't have pto you get pointed for being off due your illness & ultimately you get fired & doctors excuses aren't even taken into consideration . Then on top of being overly staffed you always had inconsistent schedules. Your life literally has to revolve around the job ! Managers all take up for each other so corporate does nothing if you have an issue ! Management is extremely messy & filled with drama ! The ONLY decent thing about the job was free healthcare & even that was not all that great ! This job was by far the WORST experience I've ever had with any managerial staff ! AWFUL ! I hope they shut down & condemn the whole building !
Pros
Free health insurance for FT employees
Cons
Short breaks, mandatory weekends/holidays, point system, bad management, inconsistent schedule.
consitent
captioning assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 8, 2015
the job was simple and consistent, nothing changed except the clients. my typical day revolved of clocking in and sitting all day and checking my schedule. it was always quiet and I learned more ways to be focused.
benefits
Cons
short breaks and no doctors excuses accepted
Hamilton is the best company I have ever freaking worked for!!!!
Captioning Assistant (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 4, 2015
Hello people of Indeed! I absolutely love Hamilton, I can honestly say I have never come to a job before where I am happy to go to work everyday and actually feel like I have accomplished something and done something positive for not only myself but for others. The management is awesome, and they do a great job of making you feel apart of a team and a part of something.

I really couldn't wish for a better job, because no job has ever made me feel this welcome and appreciated and invited. Time management and scheduling is great, staff is always friendly and helpful, and can I give a shout out to the manager he is like the best ever. I just want to thank you Hamilton Relay for giving making me apart of your company I couldn't ask for a better job. Thank you for making my dreams become reality and making me feel appreciated as an employee
Pros
Wonderful people, great scheduling, great benefits, and all around great supervisors and management
Cons
There are none.
Able to read or study on down timeand coach new trainees
Caption Assiastant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 26, 2015
great workplace everyone is different , got to meet new people and advance my typing abilities. sitting down not being able to socialize and interact with others was maybe the hardest part because im use to dealing with customers
Pros
Weekly and Monthly Bonuses meeting new people Benifits
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hamilton Telecommunications. Our community is ready to answer.

Hamilton Telecommunications Reviews by Location