Hamister Group, LLC Employee Reviews

Management Very Poor
Employee (Former Employee) –  NortheastJune 1, 2018
Just not a place I would ever recommend for employment. Micromanagement, poor management decisions, no possible way to succeed with current management. Very high turnover
Cons
On call weekends in addition to regular week
excellent place
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Hazleton, PAApril 5, 2018
My time at Hamister Group is excellent. I am able to grow within my position and learn new things on a daily basis. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a top notch competitive environment.
Exceptional President
Dir. Organization Development ǀ Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 27, 2017
The Hamister Group owns and operates major-brand hotels, Marriott, and Hilton as well as healthcare facilities across the country as an investment firm. There is simply no better President, that who leads the many businesses within the national organization.
Watch out for Management
worker (Former Employee) –  allJanuary 26, 2017
Great job if you have a family and need some place rather flexible. How ever you need to stay on Management's good side or they find a way to fire you. VERY cliquey, doing the right thing there will get you fired, Owners have no clue whats going on in most work sights. VERY VERY high turn over rate, will randomly cut full time hours.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
high turn over rate, Boss who has no clue, and can be abusive
Interesting Work, Lots of exposure to management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 21, 2015
Great learning experience, collegial office culture, top notch office space, tons of exposure to senior management, mediocre pay
Great place to work!
Mergers & Acquisitions Market Research Intern (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYOctober 23, 2012
Vibrant office atmosphere
Internship was informative and helpful
Great goals and values
Housekeeping and Breakfast Manager (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNSeptember 18, 2012
A typical day for me began with assigning rooms to a staff of 7 housekeepers followed by checking on the breakfast department. Then I would do a quick inventory of both departments and work with vendors to order supplies. I would then begin checking rooms for quality and assign extra duties as needed.
I learned alot about myself and my abilities as a leader. I used my common sense and organizational skills to revamp both departments under my charge. I developed great relationships with all my co-workers from the housekeeping staff to the company president.
The hardest part of this job was filling in for staff if they were absent and cleaning the rooms myself and the few occasions that I had to let someone go.
The most enjoyable part of this job was developing a great team and a feeling of real accomplishment.
Pros
everyone was treated as a co-worker, full access to upper management, i also felt great about the company values
Cons
pay scale was low and healthcare, while offered, was too expensive to attain.