Hampton by Hilton

Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews

United States7,938 reviews

Found 7,938 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,415 reviews

Weddings Galore!

I really enjoy this job and it's very rewarding as I deal with mostly brides/groom, and brides/grooms mother's. Getting to speak with them and/or meet them long before their event and then feeling their tension and excitement leading up to the big day is my favorite part. I learned a lot about sales and customer service while dealing with team involvement and the front desk as well. The hardest part of this job is getting the backlash from something that wasn't my fault, such as a mistake that the front desk made.

Pros

Great employee travel rate

Cons

Position has been changed from full-time to part-time

decent place to work

Good place to work. Not much room for growth though. Staffing is minimal which makes a work/life balance difficult. Time off not taken lightly and will be expected to work 7 days on before the time off and 7 days on after the trip.

Hampton by Hilton insights

Based on 3,642 survey responses
What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

You get what you put in

Must have patience and a lot of energy to deal with the daily demands. Love the ppl I work with but upper management gives very little direction and comes down hard when tasks given aren’t completed to (lack) of specifications.

The bad

No the GM ISNT QUALIFIED gm isn't qualified self centered and doesn't recognize employees. Employees are rude and talk about each other. The ones who been there the longest get a pat on the back for not knowing about the ins an outs of hotel.

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Coworkers

There are select employees who like to call out frequently. And unfortunately that means more work for those who did show up. There is also a policy that requires the housekeeper to help coworkers with their rooms once you are done with your own. Of course the coworkers ABUSE this rule by taking their sweet time knowing somebody will come help them. Its essentially a punishment for being efficient.

Pros

Free breakfast/coffee

Cons

Pay, coworkers, workload per day.

Super easy work environment

Easy job, very clean environment. The pay isn’t exactly the best, especially for night audit, only getting 12 and hour for literally running a hotel by yourself all night and doing their finances is a little ridiculous, however it’s still better than some other jobs, especially with how easy the work is.

Fast paced job, demanding especially on weekends or if a sports team or big event was happening. Enjoyed being supervisor.. could benefit from having better benefits.

Poor management/ownership

I worked there at front desk for a few months. Training for the position is not through. The current manager is young and does not have strong leadership skills. He favors employees and the hours and pay are poor.

Wasn’t worth it

Newer employees got paid more than older employees, completely unfair, management horrible but some employees were very kind.

Pros

Low pay with lots of overtime

High turnover rate with a bad pay rate. No matter how hard you work more than others everyone still got the same amount of raise. New employees got paid higher then the people who have been working there longer because they desperately need employees to work so they upped the starting rate but kept the old employees rate the same. Lot of overtime because they can’t keep employees so don’t have a life or kids because this won’t work for you.

Excellent and amazing staff to work with!

Working here allows you to have a balance balance between work and personal life. It is a delight to work with good quality professionals who take things seriously, yet know how to have fun at the same time

Only employee discounts

I would never work for that company, the owners are very fraudulent, overwork their employees and under pay them, housekeeping has a lot of wear and tear on your body and they refuse to offer you sick pay, PTO as well as no benefits.

management is very unprofessional and they do not care about employees

housekeepers do not make full time hours. they are expected to do more and more no matter how hard they try. they are falsely accused daily of not doing their job with tremendous lacking of any evidence. you will not feel respected at this job.

Pros

free breakfast after breakfast closes for guests

Cons

general manager and front desk manager

Nope

The managers here will make you feel wanted until they don’t want you anymore. Then when you quit they claim they fired you. They are unprofessional and talk behind each others backs. It’s like being in High school all over again. You also do not get any of those benefits listed. They’ll throw you on the job and expect perfection.

Laid back environment, Management is chill and friendly, Overall pretty good job

I been here for 8 years and am still here for a reason :) Pros: Jobs flexible, its fairly easy work, super accepting in terms of gender, race, religion ect. Vacation time after a year if full time, soon to have a 401k option. Also management will do lil pizza parties and such for everyone. Honestly there's not to many cons i can think of that's not job specific. Like if your a auditor you cant really call off because its overnight same with front desk, while housekeeping and breakfast is different. Housekeeping can be hard on days where people call in. Pay is decent but could be a bit higher but that goes for everywhere lol Overall honestly its a pretty great place to work once you get use to how things flow here.

I enjoyed my time with the company. Management was great. Work life balance is good. Loved all my coworkers. The one down side was the pay and benefits but that being said they were standard for the industry.

Pros

Coworkers and management were amazing

Cons

Low pay and benefits package was not great.

Just a job

Most Hiltons are franchised owned..my franchise was cheap old fashioned and didn't care about staff..lack of leadership very high turn over in all positions

Pros

Cheap rooms while traveling

Cons

No pay..poor benefits

I really loved working for them and really love the management loves my coworkers we really had fun at work and enjoyed each other and work together

Working for Hampton inn was really exciting fun everybody work together as a team only bad thing about it was there was no health insurance no dental no insurance no 401K it's just no benefits other than that I love working for Hampton inn

Job advancement and raises

They lie and use you to their advantage. They say job advancement and raises but it never happens. We were supposed to get bonuses and it was never followed through with for 2 years

Cons

Lies Manipulation

Should be a fun interesting job but….

Not a good work environment. Poor management. Over worked and under payed. The building is old and need of repair. Staff is doing multiple jobs. Not up to Hilton standards.

Pros

Free breakfast sometimes when you can get a break

Cons

No breaks, long work hours, very little gratitude

Great work place.

I loved working here at this place they care about their employees. The management team was excellent. HP hospitality is a great company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampton by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight