Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews

Great hotel, friendly service
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILMay 19, 2018
This job tends to be more seasonal, busy in summer, sometimes dead in winter. There is a great manager and staff that have been there for long periods.
Pros
camaraderie with co-workers, satisfactioin of a job well done
Cons
older hotel so there are regular breakdowns of machinery and systems
Okay
Desk Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCMay 19, 2018
Enjoy working with various staff and flexible hours allowed me to work the assigned schedule without taking off time for personal business. Enjoyed the options for having discounts and meeting people from all different walks of life.
Insightful environment
Night Auditor/Front desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAMay 18, 2018
Productive and engaging with guest, check guest into room, provide local information, work closely with team. Changing work goals daily which makes it interesting
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Very low pay scale
Productive and fun workplace!
House Person (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 17, 2018
People are friendly to work with, Family oriented, free breakfast around 10, you make cookies, get free coffee and beverages, everyone there is very helpful as well.
Love my job
Housekeeping Attendant (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 17, 2018
I like working there . the people are great . the people understand when life comes at u . they help u out when u need it . always there for u when u need them .
Pros
Good workers
BUsy
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Munster, INMay 17, 2018
Management did not care about lower staff that much. Expectations of the employees was higher that the time allotted to complete the tasks on hand. Better than most jobs.
Great place to work and friendly people
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAMay 17, 2018
Great place to work, friendly people and co-workers. Clean and very organized company. I've had a great experience working here and I've learned a lot being here with this company.
Good company if you just need part time work
Front Desk Clerk and Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMay 17, 2018
Job was good if you like working with people. Can be stressful at times dealing with grouchy business travelers. Was a great night audit job, just didn't care for the other shifts.
Very fun place to work
Head Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 17, 2018
I had a very good experenence working there a person couldnt ask for better general manager was able to obtain my CPO the best part was being able to help the quest.
Pros
mostly everything
Cons
the pay
It was an enjoyable workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 16, 2018
I was responsible for checking in/out the hotel guest. I learned how to operate different systems and how to be a guest relations expert. It was a friendly work environment.
Pros
The management staff was friendly
Cons
The disgruntled guest
excellent
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZMay 16, 2018
Great work environment active in community service. Being a member of AAA/CAA has plenty of advantages — and this one could become your favorite! Your membership saves you up to 10% off stays at Hampton by Hilton. Book your stay now to lock in these great savings.

On top of your discount, you'll also get all the great amenities Hampton is known for — a free hot breakfast, free Wi-Fi, our trademark friendly service and so much more, all backed by the 100% Hampton Guarantee®. No matter which one of our nearly 2,200 locations you visit, you'll get the full Hampton experience!
Light and casual work place, very comfortable
Front Desk Agent/ Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Greentree, PAMay 16, 2018
Most days at the hotel are pretty routine, guests check in and check out. My manager feels as though I should be empowered and and awards us MOD responsibilities such as comping a guests room if they are unsatisfied and so on. The hardest part of the job is trying to explain to a guest a problem that is out of our control, other than that most needs are met without much hassle. I enjoy making other people feel welcome and comfortable, so for me to do everything that I can to make a guests stay as relaxing as possible is very rewarding for myself personally.
Pros
excellent staff, very friendly
Cons
little breaks, constantly busy
it was relaxing
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARMay 16, 2018
I liked working at that place cause it was good people there that loved and appicate what you did and the best part of my job there was the people the hards is cleaning the rooms
Pros
Cons
we had healthcare and more breaks
input
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 16, 2018
setting up breakfast.cooking .how to work around alot of people.management was ok clean getting up in the moring. meeting people.I learn alo about people from around the world.I learn i have good people skills.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
short breaks
Hotels
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 15, 2018
The hotel I worked at was kept very clean, organized, and always friendly. I liked working at the front desk each day and management was nice and organized.
Ok
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCMay 15, 2018
Great people to work with. Its like a family. Could use a little provement but over all OK. The discounts as an employee at other hotels are great..
Great atmosphere
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 15, 2018
Great work place. You never know who you will meet working at a hotel. If you are a people person the hotel field is for you. You will meet people from everywhere.
Pros
Discount on rooms
Cons
I dont remember them having health insurance
we do not communicate well between departments
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 14, 2018
I do not have the liberty to disclose anything about my opinion about things that take place in my workplace, or about any persons that work at our hotel.
Cons
we do not communicate well between departments
Housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 14, 2018
I was responsible for cleaning rooms properly and stocking things up for the next guest.
The hardest part of the job was the labor. There were days when I was given 70 stay overs by myself. And the pay made it not worthy of me.
Could improve on Management
Chief Engineer/Facility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 12, 2018
No comments. I wish not to discuss management issues. A typical day at work was not bad but could be improved if the staff had direct guidance and proper direction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampton by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K
41.2K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.6Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight