Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 6,039 reviews matching the search See all 6,330 reviews
Productive and great place to work
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJune 18, 2019
I absolutely loved my job at the front desk. The people that worked there made my day every day i saw their faces. I loved my regular guests they were the best. Other only bad thing I could say is I only received 1 raise within 3 years that I worked there.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Raises
Lack of management support from Corporation
Supervisor / Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAJune 18, 2019
General Manager is great, it's the support from corporte.. this is a frenchise, and they are not willing to change ways of work due to the development of technology. Stresses thier people way too much for profitability with out appreciation to employees. They don't care gor you much as Human resources will always say, they can replace you. HR will come down on you for any tiny error on time card or even 1 minute of overtime. Also, her daughters work there which tenses up the work place, and no one can be friendly due to they see it as harrassment.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Stressful, and underpaid
A learning experience
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJ 07080June 17, 2019
It was an okay experience, however not a long term job for me. After going through the 8 hour training's I realized the job was not a good fit for myself.
Terrible managment
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, IDJune 17, 2019
A good stable place to work, however you are expected to always keep busy and come into work no matter how sick you are or what the emergency is. Terrible management skills.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
no breaks or lunch breaks
Horrible management
Front Desk Manager/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lavonia, GAJune 17, 2019
Missing money from checks , management horrible attitude, racial background issues towards African American coworkers, unsanitary, unprofessional & I worked there for 3yrs so I know. BOTH hotels are absolutely HORRENDOUS
Pros
Discount on rooms
Cons
The ENTIRE job
Coworkers were like a family, pay moderate
Breakfast Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJune 17, 2019
I was blessed with a great group of coworkers. Manager was awesome... very supportive and helpful more so than other places I have worked at. And yes I would have liked to make a little bit more money but it was a secure job and it was full time. Breakfast attendant position is not for pansies, be ready to move and lose a few pounds:) you will have some slow days but on the other days it will be fast and super busy. I left due to former knee injuries...I couldn't take standing for the full eight hours.
Pros
Helpful coworkers and discounted hotel rates
Cons
Pay and working weekend/holidays
Great nite audit position
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHJune 17, 2019
Great place to work. There’s no benefits or room for advancements. $.50 raise after 1 yr of employment guest where great. The pay was ok but Should be paid more for the job duties and expectations required of you.
Pros
Work great for my scho
Cons
No benefits
Being related to someone in management or knowing the right person gets you want you want
Housekeeper, guest experience manager (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 16, 2019
You are under paid and overworked. Can not keep help! Very unappreciated! Always have drama going on! New management sucks! Add a lot of personal items and was never allowed to get them all back. Due to new management. It’s a company that is suppose to be doing drug testing and criminal background checks. But does not! Most of the department heads stay high all the time. In fact about 80% of the employees stay night all the time. This is with management knowledge! Couple of employee’s have been in federal prison. If you want to make it there. It’s all about who you know and who you choose to suck up too.
Pros
It’s a pay check until you can find something better
Cons
You name it! Everything!
A positive experience
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 15, 2019
It was a very rewarding experience in a friendly and professional atmosphere. Everybody worked as a team and we all got along great. Problems were handled quickly and professionally.
Pros
a/c
Cons
It was a nice place to work co workers are very nice
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 15, 2019
It was a very nice place to work very respectful people. Everyone got along really well no problem with anybody I would Recommend my friends to work there.
It was a pretty good job but I needed something more personally.
FRONT DESK AGENT (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJune 14, 2019
The hours were super flexible. Sometimes too flexible because people tended to call out too frequently and I had to pick up the slack. Money is money but it got ridiculous sometimes. I got reduced Hilton rooms but not as great as it sounds. More likely to get the 35/night rate in less popular hilton locations than somewhere like New York. I loved getting to know people and I have enough thick skin to deal with mean people so it was a good combination of both.
Pros
Valley Fitness free gym entrance, discounted rooms.
Cons
On your feet for 8 hours.
It was ok I liked it
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJune 13, 2019
I didn’t really work there that long due to difficulties during my pregnancy doctors took me out of work. But it was an ok job it was my first job actually so I’m grateful they gave me a chance and I actually like housekeeping.
Good company
Senior Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAJune 13, 2019
I left and came back... Much better then many of the other hotels and resorts I've worked at... Will take the time to get to know employees and management will listen to employees
Pros
Employee discount on rooms
Cons
Never closes
I loved working at Hampton, and the group of people were amazing.
Assitant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 13, 2019
My general manager was an amazing person to look up to. I am sure she took the property to new heights. I really enjoyed working at this hotel. This was one of my favorite jobs.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Hard to take breaks working front desk.
worked befor
Housekeeper and checker (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJune 13, 2019
good place to work just my pay wast enough for my bills so i had to find something with better pay team worked good bosses were nice just didn't have more hours for me
Pros
good place
Cons
little pay
Horrible work life balance management sucked
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2019
Management sucked they had no clue how to lead a team. So unprofessional worst group I’ve ever worked for in my life. FHG shouldn’t be allowed anymore Hilton’s they’re the worst management company in Chicago area.
Lousy management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sandsprings okJune 12, 2019
They could never stayed organized and housekeepers were treated the worst. Way to much favoritism happening around. Sisters working the same shift constantly fighting between the 2
Worst job to work at
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Livingston, TXJune 12, 2019
I would never work here again. The manager screwed me out of my hours. I was always on time. He ended up calling me in for 2 days out of the week for only 2 hours. Then he texted and basically said to look for another job. I would constantly call to see if I can come in and he would tell the front desk to take the day off.
Hampton
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pine Grove, PAJune 12, 2019
Hampton work place environment was very fast paced. It is very customer oriented. I learned so many different things from working there, which I still use today.
Stressful
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 11, 2019
If i had a chance to go back i wouldn't not worth my time and patients..first avoid its not enough money for the responsibility that i have at home..now if they give me the money that i deserve..then maybe i will go back
Pros
Lunch is good their
Cons
Break their half hour good workout

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampton by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K
41.7K
31.2K

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight