Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews

41.5K
31K
Found 5,139 reviews matching the search See all 5,367 reviews
working
Front desk agent, Bloomington/ Airport (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 16, 2018
Working at the Hampton was great!
There are many opportunity to go to the next level.
You see many different faces everyday. Learn about new systems that have been changed by corp.
Pros
Learning everyday
Cons
Part- time
Management is unfair
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 16, 2018
The manager operating on behalf of Hilton was very unfair, rude and obnoxious. He felt as all employees should wow him before all others he did not care if the employee was right or wrong
Very loving and caring place
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Dahlgren, VAAugust 16, 2018
The Hampton inn is a great place to come and relax wether it be business travel or just looking to get away from the real world you live in, the Hampton inn is the place to go
Pros
Caring people including guests
Cons
No set breaks
Hampton is a great place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 16, 2018
I love Hampton Inn, but the management and my current property leaves a lot to be desired. The previous property that I came from was awesome, everyone worked together and management was great. I wouldn't recommend anyone to try for the property that I'm currently at, but would recommend the Brand to anyone.
Motivational
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INAugust 15, 2018
Loved working for dunns great people, that know how to lift peoples spirits, stayed busy and happy most of time at work, no drama, great hospitality work environment
Pros
Set your pace of work
Benefits
Coworkers are good to work with.
Lead / Supervisoring Engineer (Current Employee) –  Del Mar, CAAugust 15, 2018
Daily check list of tasks, projects and guest needs. Serviced pool, maintained property inside and out and advised GM if any concerns. Documented daily tasks, pending tasks and new projects to come. Maintained office with supplies and tools. Insured employees were happy by greeting them and asking them if they needed any assistance with my expertise.
Pros
Can choose work performed during the day.
Cons
New expectations for new GM to this property.
Busy
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE/NIGHT AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FLAugust 15, 2018
Typical day at work consisted of getting to know your guests, and making them your priority. Reservations, cash, credit card transactions, stock storefront, work and set up breakfast bar in the morning. Answer phones, and make everyone's stay a great and memorable one, aside from the goal of having them choose and return to our hotel.
Pros
Friendly guests
Cons
No benefits, advancement, and not the best management
it was a nice schedule, mostly casual atmosphere
Asst. Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHAugust 15, 2018
This was a franchise operation that strived to meet corporate standards. They did keep a caring attitude about staff, and many customers made for an interesting day.
Pros
free food for breakfaskt
Cons
not enough benefits
Brief Review
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 14, 2018
Maybe in a bigger town/city working at the Hilton properties is better because more opportunities, but there were no opportunities where i worked.....
Pros
Cheap Hotel Rooms, Flexiable hours
Cons
pay, no benefits
Auditor
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Scottsburg, INAugust 14, 2018
I enjoyed the auditor position. I could work at my own pace and get things done as quickly as I wanted to. Also, the owner is still the same but all of the management changed while and after I was there.
It's an ok place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FLAugust 14, 2018
Really didn't seem to care to much about staff at all no benefits no raises no appreciation shown doing Employee Appreciation Week we were all given bottled waters in Milky Way's to show that we were appreciated. There was also lack of communication between Staff and supervisors
Pros
Love the daytime hours
Cons
Poor management
a good job
Maintenance worker (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCAugust 13, 2018
it was grat place to work at great people to work with. i kept pretty busy at time, some of the thing i had to learn with out a problem. the work with me on the things i didnt know.
Not enough hours
Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 12, 2018
I washed and dried and folded sheets and towels when we were short handed I would help clean rooms or would go and pick up the sheets and towels and take them to laundry
Pros
When they would remodel we could buy the furniture
Cons
Not enough hours
Hampton Inn
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAAugust 12, 2018
The job was very fun, accommodating all guest with their request and answering the phones and checking in/out was all very stresful to do all at once, the pay was not good at all. It would have been very helpful to have a coworker on duty with me.
Good hours
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Radcliff, KYAugust 12, 2018
Good hours, poor management, first shift always late coming in. Management shows favoritism towards staff who are always late or no shows but have guest good comments.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Managment, late employees
General Manager
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 12, 2018
Loved Hampton and all they stand for. Enjoyed my career very much would love another opportunity to retire from Hampton by Hilton. Great team member travel program. Would still be there today if Management hadn't changed.
Pros
Team oriented, travel program, Reputable company, Innovative.
Cons
Management company changed.
Calm and exciting work place
Front desk night auditor (Former Employee) –  Barboursville, WVAugust 11, 2018
I loved being an employee for Hampton inn and I often miss it, hopefully I can find another opportunity to be hired back because it is by far my favorite job being a night auditor and front desk lady. It was a great experience I loved all our customers and everyone was friendly and I just always had positive and caring coworkers around which is important in a work place.
Pros
Great pay and management
Cons
Honestly one the back door to the office had a broken lock and it never would get fixed, wasnt safe to be the only employee over night with a broken lock
Hampton inn
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 11, 2018
I enjoyed my job for the most part. I think every business has its pros and cons. I've learned the basics as far as cleaning at a hotel . I was given 30 minutes for each room. The hardest part of my job was the labor I would sometimes come in to a board of 26 rooms. But the managers where pretty cool and laid back.
Pros
The excessive hours given when short staffed
Cons
The work it self can mentally and physically draining
Typical day
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDAugust 11, 2018
This hotel was small, therefore it wasn't a big staff. 7-3 pm shift was good because there was more staff but 3-11 pm shift wasn't good beacause you were only one at the hotel.
Great job
Fort Desk (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLAugust 11, 2018
Good to meet new people, and with the breakfast position the morning are pretty faced paced. Being able to ensure customer a present and comfortable atomspere, makes me happy that they will visit again

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampton by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight