Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 5,734 reviews matching the search See all 6,006 reviews
Lack of management
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Farmville, VAFebruary 23, 2019
No management whatsoever! You have to figure things out for yourself most of the time management is not even present. The rooms are half way cleaned at best and management knowingly continues to do nothing at all about it!
Unprofessional work environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 22, 2019
I wouldn’t recommend my worse enemy to work here. Management is a complete joke the hotel is revolved around favoritism and pointless drama not to mention you don’t even get enough work hours especially if you’re a housekeeper or laundry attendant the hotel overall is being ran to the ground due to poor and lazy management the GM is self absorbed and gives off the persona that she is higher than her employees but in reality she got the position by being conniving and deceitful if I were to even recommend anyone to work here I would do it when a new GM occur other than that I wouldn’t waste my time with this location of the Hampton Inn in Longview TX 3044 N Eastman Rd
Longview, TX 75605
Pros
Cons
Poor management, terrible hours, drama
Productive fun place to work but serious as well
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth, MEFebruary 22, 2019
This job had been a great experience for me and I advanced quite quickly. My boss took me in showed me the ropes with great communication and strength I proceeded up the ladder. The hard part of the job was leaving. They didn't want to see me go
Pros
Discounts great people friendly guests
Cons
Hard work but it pays off in the end
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHFebruary 21, 2019
Fun place to stay and work. Staff in fun and breakfast is very yummy. If you looking for a great place to stay or work then look no further this is the hotel to beat.
For the most part the Hampton was a fun place to work!
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLFebruary 21, 2019
A typical work day for me first was my trash rounds, Then getting the carts for the housekeepers. If there were rooms to be stripped I did that on two floors. After the guests finished breakfast I swept and mopped the lobby and cleaned the restrooms. I cleaned baseboards, the elevator and always made sure the stairway was free of trash. Always had to make sure the pool towels were stocked with towels. Helped in laundry and always was on call taking guests towels or hygiene products. I learned that a good team makes the workday fun working in hospitality. The manager was OK I didn't have any problems with her. The hardest part of the job was stripping party rooms. The most enjoyable part of working in hospitality are the people... I enjoyed working at the beach talking to people from all walks of life on vacation... My main focus was making sure that there vacation stay was a pleasant one!
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
N/a
Productive and growing business
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 21, 2019
Job had a great staff with a friendly environment. There was always room for adaptability of new methods to ensure work was done efficiently. Great atmosphere to be in.
Pros
Free Lunch, Hotel Discounts
Pleasant
Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYFebruary 21, 2019
If it were not for the fact that I had to relocate, I would not have left the Hampton Inn by Hilton in Watertown, NY. Overall the staff was wonderful and everyone worked as a team. The General Manager truly cares about his employees and his various roles at the hotel.
Making everyone including myself want to give an extra 100%.
I had a wonderful time working there and hope to find another well-rounded work place.
Bad place yup work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INFebruary 20, 2019
Dont care about their workers
Money hungry
Will write you up for no reason at all
People can use the pool when not supposed to and they don't care
Pros
1 lunch break 15 min
Cons
No health care no dental care
Family Work Environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAFebruary 20, 2019
Flexible hours, family environment, good training , benefits, no sales targets here, high guest experience expected, clean, comfortable environment, family oriented
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Better benefits
very poor managerment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLFebruary 20, 2019
From supervisor to management is very bad. Lack of training. You would have supervisor jealous of you, and refuses to train you the right way. I would never wants to work for this company every again!!!!

Want to know more about Hampton by Hilton?

Ask a question
Helps you loose weight
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 19, 2019
It’s a great place to work at with your friends. You get paid really good 12/hr. This job can be stressful since you have to work at a fast pace. Good manager to work with.
Pros
More money
Cons
Stressful
Divertido
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 19, 2019
Fue muy bueno trabajar hay los maneger son muy amables y los compañero muy complaciente
Pros
Si tienen seguro privado
Cons
Si hay descanso
Great Place to work
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartsville, SC 29550February 18, 2019
I have enjoyed my job. I have had the ability to start as a basic from desk attendant and work my way up to the front office manager. The opportunity for advancement is great, and the pay scale is comparable.
good place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 18, 2019
this is am excellant place to work, the staff was easy to get alone with. the management team will work with your scchedule weather you need off doe and
Great people to work with
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Potsdam, NYFebruary 17, 2019
The Hampton crew were great people to work with. The job was very fast paced and there was a lot to cleaning a room; dust stands, vacuum, clean coffee pots, refrigerators, wash walls, mop floors, making beds, sanitizing, restock towels and toiletries, coffee pot items. The workers were always ready to lend a hand to help others. If they finished their rooms before others, they would help to complete the rooms. All rooms had to be cleaned before anyone would leave for the day. The job entailed minimum wage and no benefits.
Pros
Cake for birthdays and gifts.
Cons
No benefits
A sunrise and many amazing individuals
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Washoe County, NVFebruary 17, 2019
The property and individuals that visit, work, and mingle at this Hampton were some of the most wonderful individuals I ever have had the pleasure of meeting. While there were a few things that weren't perfect, I wouldn't trade the people for anything else. The many events in the area brought so many people from so many places to the town, and I was glad I was able to meet them as they traveled through. While I did work alone most of the time, it was always a pleasure to make someone smile in the middle of the night with a bottle of water, or sneak into the kitchen to gift a snack to a hungry guest just before breakfast starts. And watching the sunrise over the mountains? I loved that peaceful hour just before dawn.
Pros
Great location, quiet, close to business centers, 24hr coffee
Cons
Sometimes too quiet and isolating
Night Audit
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FL 33408February 17, 2019
Night audit was easy and relaxed. Down side for me was having to prepare 6:00 AM breakfast. Felt like it should not be responsibility of Auditor to prepare Breakfast. Management at location was a little too demanding at times.
Pros
Audit was simple and straight forward
Cons
Hand delivery of folio's took you away from desk and guest checking out.
Management was terrible
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, VAFebruary 15, 2019
Pay rate was not ideal for location, hours were inconsistent, co-workers were decent, except for housekeeping. They were rude, and preferred to gossip constantly. Training is minimal and position can be extremely stressful at first. Management was unorganized, unprofessional, and incompetent. I do not recommend.
Busy environment with lots of different customers
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PAFebruary 15, 2019
The manager of the DuBois location was very difficult to work with. She does not have it all together running the establishment. Otherwise a decent place to work. The job itself was pretty easy. The coworkers were friendly and kind. If it was under different management I'd highly recomend the job.
Pros
Discounts on most Hilton properties
Cons
You usually can't really take a break because your the only one running the front desk
Serving on very properly time
Server Breakfast Cordinator . (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 15, 2019
To be very attention what guests need and represent cases
to management for some thing that is more sophisticated to do.
Always top priority regarding to get compliments as well .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampton by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K
41.6K
31.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Hampton by Hilton.

Powered by Comparably