Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 5,547 reviews matching the search See all 5,812 reviews
Major Events and Star Guests made the work place environment very exciting.
MAINTENANCE WORKER/ HOUSEMAN (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALDecember 15, 2018
The Guests were actually the best thing about working for Hampton Inn, and the beautiful hotel interior structure.
Along with the love for my career trade, I didn't too much pay attention to much else.
not at this time.
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WADecember 14, 2018
I do not choose to write a review at this time. If people wish to find out about the culture there, please visit help or any other review site and you will find out everything you need to know.
Very presentative, calm and interactive.
Front Desk Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pampa, TXDecember 14, 2018
You learn as you go and you learn fast so if you can learn as fast then the job is easy as possible, make sure to keep your area and job discriptionas read and said also maintained, your job is important and you represent the corporate.
Pros
Meet people and learn a job to professional standards.
Cons
Those one types of customers..
Enjoyable atmosphere, good boss.
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXDecember 13, 2018
Working with hotel guests to maintain safety and repairs. Daily room inspections and daily upkeep of swimming pool area. Daily purchase and inventory of supplies as needed, along with working and contacting contractors.
Cons
low pay
Horrible place
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Bardstown, KYDecember 13, 2018
Wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone! The managers are beyond rude and they just don’t care what the day to you or how they say it. The pay is not worth the job and you get no benefits from them. They expect you to put your family last and them first even though they are as rude as they are. The company should honestly be ashamed at the people they have working for them.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Poor management, horrible pay. Rude coworkers
good over all
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 13, 2018
i loved my team a lot..just need more money and need to find something i enjoy more. the management was great and very on top of things. they just started cutting hours for the slower months.
Pros
my team
Cons
hours/pay
Kitchen Supervisor
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 12, 2018
Loved working here. They treat you as family and go over and beyond to fit your life and to make this go a little smoother. Worked here for 10 years and wouldn't change a thing..
the job
Night auditor (Former Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLDecember 12, 2018
The pleasure was when Guest check in and out when you able assist these guest with activity places of interest local eaters. Sea food restaurant.
The General Manager let you know up to date changes and corrects
Let you know when there are meeting in advance so that you can make sure you attend.
The Holiday Christmas Party is one of the biggest events when you restive Hotel passes for a two night sat and certificates for local Restraint.
Hardiest part of Job is the slow season you have to find things to keep busy
Pros
the graduted that you get from days work
Cons
When Guest have not canceled there reservation and get up set cause there days have not gone good.
Hampton by Hilton Experience
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 12, 2018
In my experience, the Hampton by Hilton truly care about their guests. They provide up-to-date training and communication on a weekly basis. Staff is encouraged to always go above and beyond for all guests. I have learned a lot from Hilton and hope to reconnect with the company in the near future.
Pros
Guest Service Level
Cons
N/a
A day in the working world at the Hampton Inn by Hilton
Breakfast Hostess (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 12, 2018
It depends on which "Hampton by Hilton" you work at, as to how the Management, pay and benefits work. What I learned is they are owned independently (franchised out), so different ones are managed accordingly. However, there are the traditional "Hampton by Hilton" standards to go by with the specifications of each department. I find that the hardest part of the job depends on your Manager and how they treat you. There is a wide variety of people you work with. A typical day is knowing and performing your job to the best of your ability efficiently and making it look effortless. The most enjoyable part is loving the job you do itself and assisting the guests.
Pros
Helping most people you encounter that stay there.
Cons
Healthcare, pay not up to par.
Great meeting new people
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VADecember 12, 2018
The best thing about the job is meeting all the people from all over the world. Not enough pay though for what all the front desk has to do. They tend to do the work of about 5 people and you just cant do that.
Pros
Meeting new people, discounts for employees
Cons
bad management, low pay, no benefits, cant move up with the company.
Overall, I work with some amazing co-workers.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Brockport, NYDecember 11, 2018
I enjoy my current job at the Hampton Inn, but I need to find a job with more hours and a little bit more pay. I am a single parent of a 5 year old and it is hard for me to keep up with my bills. The staff at the Hampton Inn is great! I wouldn't say anything about my job is hard. A typical day at work is cleaning the hotel rooms and getting them back into shape to sell for the next guests.
Fun place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 11, 2018
Great customer service. 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Indoor pool. Very upscale environment. The staff is absolutely amazing. Competitive place to work.
A very productive work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 11, 2018
It was a very clean hotel with lots of friendly guest that greets you with a smilie &&laugter the workers was always on time with a friendly conversation with great discounts
Productive and fun day to work.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALDecember 11, 2018
Hampton Inn is a great place of business to work in housekeeping I just feel all around housekeepers are under paid for the hard work that we apply great management great supervision etc; etc;
Nice clean workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 10, 2018
I enjoyed working at the Hampton Inn because I got to meet a lot of different people from all over the world traveling into Lynchburg. You work on your own on a timed schedule.
It could be a very fun, productive work place but management is poor
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Jekyll Island, GADecember 10, 2018
It could be a very fun, productive work place but management is poor he only like for his family to work their. He shows a lot of favoritism and is not a fair person but overall that is a great place to work.
Pros
You get to interact with your guest and make them happy
Cons
General Manager is very poor person
management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARDecember 10, 2018
Management was really rude, She would always get onto us for absolutely nothing even though she was hardly ever there. She would be really rude to some of the co-workers there for no reason. One day a co-worker was being bullied by another and the one that was being bullied she had fired and the one that was doing the bullying she kept there.
Pros
often breaks
Cons
bad management
Fast pace, friendly atmosphere.
Assistant Manager on Buffet bar (Former Employee) –  Washoe County, NVDecember 10, 2018
I really enjoyed the friendly fast pace work environment especially during peak hours, also really liked attending and talking to guests from around the world as Reno Nevada is a popular destination.
Pros
Free meals.
Cons
Being on stand by 7 days a week.
Housekeeping at Hampton Inn
Housekeeper Trainee (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MADecember 10, 2018
This has been a wonderful training opportunity and I have enjoyed both the public aspects as well as the employer aspects of this setting. The staff are helpful and pleasant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampton by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K
41.6K
31.1K

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight