Hampton by Hilton

Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA24 reviews
I really enjoy this job and it's very rewarding as I deal with mostly brides/groom, and brides/grooms mother's. Getting to speak with them and/or meet them long before their event and then feeling their tension and excitement leading up to the big day is my favorite part. I learned a lot about sales and customer service while dealing with team involvement and the front desk as well. The hardest part of this job is getting the backlash from something that wasn't my fault, such as a mistake that the front desk made.
Pros
Great employee travel rate
Cons
Position has been changed from full-time to part-time
I love it I have all the tools I need to work the staff is great and a very safe place to work get to share and work with people of different cultures very nice place
here I loved the staff as well as the guest pretty fun place to work.. my day to day job was cleaning guest rooms and bathrooms, taking laundry down for wash making sure sheets and towels are replaced.
The hotel was dual property with one lobby for both thee Hampton Inn and Home wood Suites on the same building with no parking on site but valet three blocks from the hotel
Overall a great place to work.. Good hours and benefits, Management works with the employees. Overall good experience with the corporation. It was a fun environment the years I supported there.
Pros
Flexible
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
you start with almost 40 hours and cut to 24 and than give your hours to someone else , good company but poor management

they rush you at the last minute
This facility is a great place to pick up on customer service skills. A typical work day will consist of answering phones, reservations, and assisting management and guests with their needs.
Working at the Hampton was a great experience. I overcame a lot of changes within the company. The hardest part about the job is finding work life balance. The most enjoyable part of the job is the staff and the constant trainings.
I love the Hamptonality culture. It makes working fun. I lead my team by example. We start each day in a positive engergitic manner and it's translated to our guests
Pros
monthly lunch
I really enjoy working for the Hampton inn in Manassas. am currently looking to move up and there is not much space to move here, being that everyone does there job well. The atmosphere is awesome i would recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
The management and awesome employee discount
Cons
No opportunity to grow
I enjoyed it mainly due to the fact I interacted with people. I developed my social skills doing this job so I'm very thankful for the opportunity given.
Most days at work were busy due to the phones and guest request/check-ins. You always had to be alert of your surroundings and always remember to remain polite and respectful were the biggest things. Management will be management we all know what comes with management so I say just work hard, effectively and hopefully you have the management that appreciates the big and small things that you do for the company. The workplace was fun because of the type of person I am and the type of people you encounter throughout the workday. It could be hard if everyone's not on the same page so communication is HUGE. The hardest part of the job is trying to accommodate every guest request from breakfast menus to pillow fabrics to floor and room number. I enjoyed the interaction with the working people, families and the people who were having a bad day but I was able to change that upon arrival. Many times I've developed friendships from the first encounter with guest and that's what I miss the most honestly.
Pros
Meeting some of the best people in the world. Free food from guests or events.
Cons
No breaks no sitting all standing non understanding and unreasonable guest
I have truly been blessed to work at this great property. The people are wonderful, and the management is great with the staff.
A typical day at work is hectic and it makes you crazy. Management is very lazy, they don't help do anything and they are never on duty when issues for the manager need to be handled.
Hampton Inn is a fantastic place to work with very high standards for quality and guest service. It was a joy to work with such caring individuals!
Pros
The hotel and the staff
Cons
11pm-7am shift!
good place to work. i worked there for more then a year and nothing bad to say. hotel is old so it did have a lot of issues.
co workers were great. i was their manager so it was really nice teaching them everything.
Handling computer accounting reports .Running daily credit card transactions through a settlement process, make daily management reports, this help to maintain a regular track of the business. Recording daily room occupancy and rate totals, revenue totals for cash, checks, and credit card transactions,

Generating automated accounting reports, Settling Corporate Accounts and sending reports to those entities for billing purposes, Running the computer back-up systems. Other than the accounting function, running the front desk (check in/check out guests & Cashiering.
Pros
5 mins commute and free breakfast
Cons
If you are looking for a job just to make ends meet, with poor benefits, and scarce opportunities for advancement, this is the job for you. A typical day included creating guest room assignment sheets for housekeeping staff. Responsibilities included, but were not limited to ordering supplies, inspecting guest rooms, reporting to maintenance any issues / problems with rooms. Completing employee reviews and corrective action when needed. Hiring and training staff, etc.
Pros
Everyday is basically the same if you like that type of thing
Cons
Poor benefits, no opportunity for advancement
Other than answering phone calls and greeting customers, a typical day at the Hampton Inn was consistently busy and required multitasking skills. Making sure the customer was completely satisfied was our number one priority.
I've learned to multitask. I would say my level of multitasking is now perfected thanks to this job.

The management was great, if I had a question about a policy or a task, the management team was helpful.

My co-workers was made this job so much more bearable.

The hardest part of this job was finishing daily tasks and making sure the customer was completely satisfied.

The most enjoyable part of this job was building relationships with the guests.
Pros
Learning to multitask and building relationships with both guests and staff
Cons
Constantly busy
I learned so much at Hampton Inn. I worked in every Department at the hampton Inn. Front Desk, Guest Services, Housekeeping Supervisor. It was a great place to learn different skills.
Pros
Fast paced, guest interactions
Cons
short breaks, on your feet alot.
Every day was fun there! i also learned how does Hampton really cares about their costumers and management good people to talk to not like other managers.co-workers where great to fun to work with i wanna say this management and co-workers made me feel like i was part of their family
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampton by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.
3.1K
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight