Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 5,416 reviews matching the search See all 5,665 reviews
Productive fun place to work.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2018
Workplace was very busy almost all of the time. Guest that were scheduled there could be very dirty with lots of garbage. I mostly enjoyed everything at Hampton by Hilton but after a year or so of being there I started sensing some discrimnation. I've never had a bad report on any of the guest ever during the duration of my employment. Meetings should be used to go over CLEAR polices. Office politics are BAD and damages the company reputation quickly.
Pros
Using time wisley
Cons
Short breaks, Managment
Good company
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKOctober 21, 2018
Good company to work for but not enough hours to make it on.work was fast-paced and easy just making the beds was hard on my back. Supervisor was good person to work for
Benefits
Cons
Hours
An Advancement Fostering Company
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Ephrata, PAOctober 21, 2018
Thanks to a brand new 1st time GM, I was able to learn the duties of a GM right along with my GM. This hotel isn't just a team but a family - everyone is truly respected and appreciated. The VP of the company makes it to meet EVERY employee from management on down the line. The ownership actually puts money into their property instead of just taking it out. I would highly recommend this company for anyone starting out in hospitality as there are 4 other hotels in the owner's portfolio.
Pros
Fun, team oriented atmosphere.
amazing
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKOctober 20, 2018
I loved this job. Early mornings into early afternoon. Management is fun and easy to get along with. People are nice great involvement. Hardest part is not speaking Spanish while working house keeping. Have a list of stuff to do once your done help out you co workers then go home before 3 unless it's Friday.
Pros
the people, environment, everything
Cons
language barrier
Typical day
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Pratt, KSOctober 20, 2018
NIght auditor at the Hampton Inn hardest part is the nights. I am not a night person and have a hard time staying awake. Most enjoyable part of my job is meeting the various people
Pros
wonderful discounts for team members
Cons
no benefits, no advancement at location
Friendly guests all the employee are cool.
BREAKFAST COOK/HOST (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLOctober 19, 2018
Wide range of personalities. Honest and hardworking individuals and service focused. The breakfast bar is awesome, the GM is great she helps with guests need.
Personal
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVOctober 18, 2018
There was an issue between religion and the workplace. I believe in God, I trust the Lord. I do not like having my boss call me personally and stating that I should or should not do things because God told her to tell me.
I'm a contractor
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Ocean City, MDOctober 18, 2018
Great job
Good pay
Hard work
Poor employees
I had a contractor to apply
Dryvit on the Hampton Inn
And job well done. Well I put
The whole dryvit outsulation
Systems on 14000 square feet
Pros
Employee
Cons
Employee
Was ok as long as you could afford to work there
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXOctober 18, 2018
Hamptons was an ok job, I just could not afford to work at a job that paid so little. I enjoyed most of the people I worked with, but there was no room for advancement.
Pros
Enjoyed people I worked with
Cons
Not enough pay
great company
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PAOctober 18, 2018
I worked for them and they treat you like a family, and if you need some time off due to family reason and if the supervise can found you a cover shift means that your coworker will work for you and than when he/she needs off that you work there shifts

Want to know more about Hampton by Hilton?

Ask a question
Offering of hours excellent.
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 18, 2018
Working here at first was a pleasure. I shared laundry room hours with another employee. Couple days off in a row was something I enjoyed for family purposes. We cold switch hours, days, and call-in. As other employee quit I was glad to take on full time. As time went on I reported I couldn't keep up with 11-12 hours daily, 60-90 hours weekly and having to come in on days off concedering if I didn't there would be twice as much work next day,they didn't seem interested in hiring another employee. I couldn't keep employment where I was working to such excess and not getting and relieve.
Pros
Working hours, breaks
Cons
Low pay, not good management, and rude employees
Hampton Inn is a FUN and exciting place to work!
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER - DIRECTOR OF SALES (Current Employee) –  Port Allen, LAOctober 17, 2018
Hampton Inn is a FUN and exciting place to work where creativity and imagination coinside to create memorable moments for guests. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the smiling faces of our guests when we've made them feel at home during their visit.
Front Desk
FRONT DESK AGENT (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 15, 2018
Greeting guests, check ins and outs reservations. I learned the ins and outs of front desk and housekeeping, management was fair and honest. The hardest part of the job was selling out and having to walk guests.
Productive and fun to work at.
Front Desk Agent/Night Audit (Current Employee) –  Brownwood, TXOctober 15, 2018
Enjoy meeting different people
Learning about the hotel
Learning how each part of the hotel is ran
Taking care of the guest
Management is easy to get a long with
Pros
Enjoy all of the staff and guest
Cons
Is the outrageous guest you get
Interesting workplace with colorful people
Housekeeping/Custodial (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 15, 2018
I enjoyed working at the Hampton Inn. At times the work was stressful, but overall I enjoyed it. I really enjoyed my co-workers and the atmosphere. I enjoyed meeting the guests and hearing their various stories.
Fun place to work at. Everyone is like family.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, OHOctober 15, 2018
Day at work can be a challenge but also great. Bosses are amazing an helpful. Always willing to take on a challenge. Hardest part would be when it gets overwhelming an your by yourself on certain days.
Pros
Good enviornment good people great team
Cons
Not enough money. Never gonna be able to move up or advance
Fast Paced Work Environment
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COOctober 15, 2018
There is always work to be done at a Hampton Inn. You'll always stay busy and on your toes. Downsides are that there are times you may be by yourself with multiple families demanding your immediate attention. If you can't handle people trying to throw their travel stress on you then this job is not for you. Be attentive & creative such as design a monthly fact sheet for your local area tourist will love to read. Hospitality jobs especially at a chain hotel like Hilton require an extra pep in your step in order to make the daily interactions & task fun + manageable.
Pros
Teamwork based job, full hours
Cons
rude guest, always stay vigilant watching guest
Enjoyed interacting with clients
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 15, 2018
Wonderful opportunity to meet people from other parts of the country .Hours were not uncomfortable , Mostly worked daytime , not very often asked to work weekends or nights
Pros
Close to home
Cons
low pay
WorkPlace
Effective team member (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 15, 2018
No comments about this company. I have nothing positive or negative to say about this company. Yes, I would work here again, if I had the oppurtunity too.
Good job
Front Desk Representative, Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSOctober 14, 2018
I worked in a college town so there were some crazy nights. The people I worked with were cool but sometimes you have to deal with drunk guests who can be a pain but you have to just keep a smile on your face.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
drunk entitled guests

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampton by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight