Hampton Farms Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
dont work here
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAJune 11, 2018
not much room for advancement and learning was only upon request. pretty much they promote who they want and only follow guidelines when its beneficial to them.bad place
Had the opportunity to learn many different skills
Farm Manager (Former Employee) –  Porter, OKApril 9, 2018
The farm was a very easy going place to work. I fed the cattle and other livestock. I hauled hay. I doctored any animals that were ill. The job gave me the opportunity to advance my skills in carpentry and construction.
Pros
Free food, great working conditions
Cons
It got rather hot some days
Don't care for this company
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Portales, NMJanuary 12, 2018
I'm not really wanting to say anything on behalf of Hampton Farms due to my lack of liking the staff at this company. I met some really good friends that worked our still work there
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Management is iffy
Decent Job
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Severn, NCJanuary 12, 2018
I think they have come a long way since my employment with them. The operation I was involved with has evolved into a lucrative venture since I was involved with them.
great job
Supervisor / Operator / Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Portales, NMDecember 24, 2017
Great job with great people, friendly people that treat you like family, everyone takes pride in thier work and customer satisfaction is priority, really fun place to work.
Seasonal Farming
FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  Malden, MONovember 23, 2017
Seasonal farming operations that grew watermelons and cantelope. My day woud start out with overseeing fields and observing if they needed anything and putting the work crews together.
foreman lacking patients
Field Worker (Former Employee) –  Orcutt, CAAugust 26, 2017
the foreman i worked for was fare but was not someone that would be sympathetic of an employee that has minor health conditions. the other employees were easy to work with some have a hard time getting along with others.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
short breaks, lack of understanding
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Edenton, NCAugust 23, 2017
Hampton farms was a quick paced work place but very productive. I enjoyed my time there and would love to work back there. I was a balanced work place.
Pros
Pay Rate
Cons
Short breaks
Is a great place to work at
Roast operator (Current Employee) –  Severn, NCAugust 8, 2017
Is a great place to work at you learn a lot things at Hampton Farms is a very nice place the teach you how to work on machines learn how to work on forklift and you get to meet a lot of new people
Very exciting and busy.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Portales, NMJune 24, 2017
Every day was different. You have to stay on your toes and be ready for several things to happen at once and be able to tackle all tasks in an efficient manner.
Pros
Harvest, crazy good money.
Cons
Harvest, crazy long hours.
Good work place
Bulkline (Former Employee) –  Severn, NCJune 16, 2017
Great work place good environment not no hard work great benefits and health insurance nice employee and good bosses can get real hot or cold in the plant
The hardest part about the job
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Edenton, NCMay 31, 2017
The hardest part of the job is not going to sleep. But the best part of the job...That you get paid good every week from Sunday - Thursday. You can't beat it.
Na
Hard Worker (Current Employee) –  Severn, NCMay 18, 2017
NA, I really do not want to answer this question. I enjoy my work with Hampton Farms. I would recommend it to others living in the area. The management team is good.
I hated this place
Order Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Severn, NCApril 25, 2017
I did not like working for this employer. my upper management was rude and underhanded. They talk about employees behind there backs and do all types of sneaky things
production
Capper/Filler (Former Employee) –  Severn, NCApril 18, 2017
it is an alright job to work with some people who have ok attitudes
Filled the machine with caps and made sure lids on jars are tight. Manangement was alright if things run smoothly
Great Company, Great people
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Orcutt, CAMarch 30, 2017
I enjoyed working for CGS very much. I learned many skills including management, warehouse operations, and chemical knowledge. The workplace culture was friendly. The hardest part of the job was the long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was working outside.
Pros
Great Managment
great place
Packer/maintenance (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 15, 2017
once i walk in i make sure the the mats are all set clean the bathroom break room the warehouse is clean if im in the prodution room i pack label help break down the boxes expect the food i loved that place stuff was great the people where great loved it
Pros
loved it all
Certifief forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Portales, NMSeptember 16, 2016
I enjoyed the schedule, good environment, this company is A OK! They seem to care about the emoyees , and have been in. business for many years! They must be doing something right
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
Too far to drive ..no per diem
No growth
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Severn, NCJune 16, 2016
It was hot in the summer and cold in the winter and it rained in the plant on us packers.A typical work day was uncertain, you didn't know if you were going to have orders or not.
I learned a lot from the qc tech and the operator I worked under, which trained me how to run the machine.New hires were brought in to make more money than we did and they had the opportunity to advance to the new plant as to we weren't given a chance to do so.You were only a packer and nothing more, there weren't any praises for you efforts. Where as too if the company praised the workers more they could get more production and better numbers.The most enjoyable part of my job were the people I worked with.There is no compassion for the people. You're only a walking time clock punching, peanut production number... Its been a decline in work orders since 2015. Orders have not picked up.You can always tell bad companies cause their turnover rates are through the roof.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Limited breaks during hot weather, Not fixing what needs to be fixed
I really enjoy my job
Machine Operator/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Severn, NCApril 6, 2016
Hampton Farms have been my home outside of my home. I 've been working with this company for 20 years and love my job and the people I work with. I work hard and show my approved. Sometimes the work day can get hectic. Monday's and Fridays are our busy days. Working at Hampton Farms have taught me a lot about working with people, dealing with people, and helping people. I love our management team. We work together as a family. My co-workers are great people and easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is dealing with public. The customer is always right....The most enjoyable part of my job is making the customer happy.
Cons
Which we had a onsight caferteria