Hampton Farms Employee Reviews

Good
Jumbos (Former Employee) –  Edenton, NCJanuary 12, 2019
Good benefits it was a laid back place it help a lot it kept me out of trouble it I think I can stick with the job awhile I will prush to get use to the vibe
Hit and Miss
Packer (Former Employee) –  Severn, NCJanuary 8, 2019
I was hired through a temporary agency as I had heard that was the only way Hampton Farms would even consider a new hire. I was there all of 2 days. At the end of day 2 I received a call from my agency saying the manager said my services were no longer needed and he didn't explain why. Best I can think is that I just wasn't fast enough. They want people who know the job and all the machinery without receiving any formal training, who can come in and know what all the stops in production mean, who can come in on day one and have the speed and accuracy of someone who has been there 20 years. Rather than train people the right way, Hampton Farms would sooner go through temps like a fat kid at a candy store. It was sad to hear some of the full time employees say they have watched temps come and go while the regular folks have no promotion opportunities. Most of the employees at this location are so friendly and so helpful and most have even said "oh your speed will come, it's only day 2!" I wasn't even worried about all the cuts from the boxes, or the males on line 4 who would stare at you while you sweep their line for them and then talk smack about you to your line partner like you aren't even standing there. But really, how hard is it to say "thanks"? Or nod? Don't tell me you can't spare a second to nod since you have time to lean and stare. My services aren't needed but yall get to keep your job with your pants hanging past your tails? Nice one! To add insult to injury, the supervisor stood right in the lab and told one of the girls to call her sister in to relieve the extra  more... person on one of the lines, that way he could send that person back to their own work- he "just needed a body" on the line...  less
Pros
A paycheck if you're desperate and up to the task. Most folks are friendly and helpful.
Cons
Whether regular or temp, you're "just a body." They don't train temps but that's the only way to get hired.
good workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 19, 2018
very motivated needed to keep place or area clean and very organized. Orders had to be done on time there was always time for overtime and it was close by
Pros
good hours
Cons
health plan
dont work here
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAJune 11, 2018
not much room for advancement and learning was only upon request. pretty much they promote who they want and only follow guidelines when its beneficial to them.bad place
Good laid back place to work
Packer shipper (Former Employee) –  Tarboro, NCJuly 26, 2018
It was hot in their but good place to work. Good people to work with very helpful trained me well would go back if they moved to a closer location. No dress code only left because they moved to far away
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very hot
Great Company, Great people
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Orcutt, CAMarch 30, 2017
I enjoyed working for CGS very much. I learned many skills including management, warehouse operations, and chemical knowledge. The workplace culture was friendly. The hardest part of the job was the long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was working outside.
Pros
Great Managment
Cons
Don't care for this company
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Portales, NMJanuary 12, 2018
I'm not really wanting to say anything on behalf of Hampton Farms due to my lack of liking the staff at this company. I met some really good friends that worked our still work there
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Management is iffy
Good Christian Values and Morals -- a Career Company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 18, 2012
I really enjoyed working for this company but not for the upper management. The upper management of the company were made up of people from the New England area that did not hold with the culture of the company values which were very much Southern based and very family oriented. I feel that changes will need to be made with the upper management for this company to continue to be a successful food company for the next century and beyond.
Pros
very flexible work schedule, travel all over the country, great benefits and insurance
Cons
upper management needs to have major changes made, too long for repayment of business expenses
Had the opportunity to learn many different skills
Farm Manager (Former Employee) –  Porter, OKApril 9, 2018
The farm was a very easy going place to work. I fed the cattle and other livestock. I hauled hay. I doctored any animals that were ill. The job gave me the opportunity to advance my skills in carpentry and construction.
Pros
Free food, great working conditions
Cons
It got rather hot some days
I really enjoy my job
Machine Operator/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Severn, NCApril 6, 2016
Hampton Farms have been my home outside of my home. I 've been working with this company for 20 years and love my job and the people I work with. I work hard and show my approved. Sometimes the work day can get hectic. Monday's and Fridays are our busy days. Working at Hampton Farms have taught me a lot about working with people, dealing with people, and helping people. I love our management team. We work together as a family. My co-workers are great people and easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is dealing with public. The customer is always right....The most enjoyable part of my job is making the customer happy.
Cons
Which we had a onsight caferteria
No growth
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Severn, NCJune 16, 2016
It was hot in the summer and cold in the winter and it rained in the plant on us packers.A typical work day was uncertain, you didn't know if you were going to have orders or not.
I learned a lot from the qc tech and the operator I worked under, which trained me how to run the machine.New hires were brought in to make more money than we did and they had the opportunity to advance to the new plant as to we weren't given a chance to do so.You were only a packer and nothing more, there weren't any praises for you efforts. Where as too if the company praised the workers more they could get more production and better numbers.The most enjoyable part of my job were the people I worked with.There is no compassion for the people. You're only a walking time clock punching, peanut production number... Its been a decline in work orders since 2015. Orders have not picked up.You can always tell bad companies cause their turnover rates are through the roof.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Limited breaks during hot weather, Not fixing what needs to be fixed
great job
Supervisor / Operator / Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Portales, NMDecember 24, 2017
Great job with great people, friendly people that treat you like family, everyone takes pride in thier work and customer satisfaction is priority, really fun place to work.
Decent Job
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Severn, NCJanuary 12, 2018
I think they have come a long way since my employment with them. The operation I was involved with has evolved into a lucrative venture since I was involved with them.
foreman lacking patients
Field Worker (Former Employee) –  Orcutt, CAAugust 26, 2017
the foreman i worked for was fare but was not someone that would be sympathetic of an employee that has minor health conditions. the other employees were easy to work with some have a hard time getting along with others.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
short breaks, lack of understanding
Very exciting and busy.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Portales, NMJune 24, 2017
Every day was different. You have to stay on your toes and be ready for several things to happen at once and be able to tackle all tasks in an efficient manner.
Pros
Harvest, crazy good money.
Cons
Harvest, crazy long hours.
Na
Hard Worker (Current Employee) –  Severn, NCMay 18, 2017
NA, I really do not want to answer this question. I enjoy my work with Hampton Farms. I would recommend it to others living in the area. The management team is good.
Good work place
Bulkline (Former Employee) –  Severn, NCJune 16, 2017
Great work place good environment not no hard work great benefits and health insurance nice employee and good bosses can get real hot or cold in the plant
I hated this place
Order Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Severn, NCApril 25, 2017
I did not like working for this employer. my upper management was rude and underhanded. They talk about employees behind there backs and do all types of sneaky things
Seasonal Farming
FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  Malden, MONovember 23, 2017
Seasonal farming operations that grew watermelons and cantelope. My day woud start out with overseeing fields and observing if they needed anything and putting the work crews together.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Edenton, NCAugust 23, 2017
Hampton farms was a quick paced work place but very productive. I enjoyed my time there and would love to work back there. I was a balanced work place.
Pros
Pay Rate
Cons
Short breaks