Hampton Roads Transit Employee Reviews

The had a pool table
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 16, 2018
Nice place to work. I learned my way around the city. The hardest part is not knowing all the places the people are trying to get to. The best part of my day was good people who like my good service when they was late for the bus and I waited for them.
Pros
Very long career
Cons
Layover too long
New Hire I am satisfied with this job
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 27, 2018
My opinion a typical day at work consist of checking in getting your bus assignment and your workload for the day pre-trip my bus after determining you have a safe bus your work day begins.
What have I learned? I have learned to operate 5 types of buses with proficiency and safety.
As far as management they are very helpful and courteous.
My workspace culture is different but enjoyable because every day is a different.
The hardest part of the job was the training and having to remember a lot of information in such a short period of time.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunities to manage your time and to make a livable income and to be happy as well.
Pros
You can work overtime as much as you care too.
Cons
Accountability
A Wholesome & Pleasant Work Experience
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 7, 2018
I am one who truly appreciates being a part of the transit industry here at HRT. My co-workers are the best as they have always looked out for my well-being. I use transit as an everyday essential, and the bus operators are like family to me. My managers, supervisors and HR administrators have always advised me on how to be a better employee. It is always a pleasure to see the HRT President when he comes on the premises, as well as the other administrators that I come across on a daily basis. The wholesome and pleasant atmosphere that this company provides motivates me to encourage others to apply, such as prospective bus operator candidates, who are searching for great benefits (such as medical insurance, 401k retirement and free transit for their spouses). HRT is by far the best company that I have ever worked for. I love it here.
Pros
Free transit to all employees
Exciting & Focused on 21st Century Technology
Storeroom Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 3, 2018
Great place to work with great benefits. HRT is focused on technology initiatives that make paying and riding transit easier for our customers, while also taking great strides in improving technology that drives internal processes. There is a collaborative culture within HRT giving employees the opportunity to share ideas openly with directors and other superiors. Some days are challenging, but that only adds to the excitement of the job. Overall, Hampton Roads Transit is a great place to work.
Pros
Great Benefits
Great diverse workplace with driven employees
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 2, 2018
I have thoroughly enjoyed working at Hampton Roads Transit. I especially love how diverse the workforce is and enjoy seeing so many individuals from various departments work together for an important cause. I appreciate all the wonderful benefits the agency offers and feel there is room for growth. There's also impressive perks (free transit!) and a great work-life balance. I juggle a few volunteer positions and appreciate HRT's support for my work in the community. I would highly recommend a employment at HRT to others.
Pros
Great benefits, flexible hours, positive environment
Challenging and never the same experience each day.
Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 2, 2018
I enjoy the challenges that each day brings and the staff that I work with. Communication plays a vital role in our task each day and working with other departments.
Pros
Great benefits
They pay the bills
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 31, 2018
They pay the bills. And at the beginning and the end if the day tha ts what's most important. So long as the individual is able to deal with stressful situations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampton Roads Transit. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4