Hampton University Employee Reviews

Very productive and coworkers are awesome to work with
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMarch 24, 2019
Typical work day can be very heckit. Upper management let’s you know who’s in charge.
Love working in my department.
Supervisor as well as employees are over worked and under paid for the amount of work that gets processed.
Paperwork for events are ALWAYS a “RUSH” to b processed
Pros
Great Supervisor
Cons
Nothing is planned, a lot of RUSH to process paperwork at the last min
I really don't have a comment
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VA 23668February 12, 2019
It could be stressful sometime.
How campus life was.
Lack of people skills

Someday, you didn't know what time you was getting off from work
working with my coworkers
It's not a fun work environment
Gourmet services (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 28, 2019
I work as a floor tech wiping table putting out the cups and straws and etc for the students at Hampton University and I think working at Hampton University is not fun
Pros
You don't get no free lunch
Cons
And it's Short break
Very good job for s young adult
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 27, 2019
I enjoyed working at HU The environment was fine in energetic The job was very reliable and I always had work And they left a lot of Room for moving up in the company but not at a very fast rate
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Not enough pay
fun workplace
Telecommunication Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 4, 2019
The typical day at work was very busy, you learn to handle different problems with the phones as they occur. Management was great never gave you a hard time about anything. The wok place was great , the hardest part was continuing to be professional when the students were upset about their phone in the room. I loved the job I just relocated.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
no breaks some times
Great Learning Experience
internship (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VADecember 17, 2018
I learned a lot at Hampton University's CURE Program. I got to go on multiple tours of local science hubs. I also got to attend a DBS workshop where I learned about HYDRA.
Nice place to gain experience
Externship (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 29, 2018
I have gain a good bit of knowledge at this place. The people are very helpful and I enjoy being there everyday. If your are looking to gain experience within the IT field I highly recommend to intern at Hampton university.
Good place to work if you are a full time employee
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 22, 2018
Got let go because I moved out of state and I was adjunct and all the positions were being given to full time if they wanted extra time. When I was working for them they were great. I loved working for them.
would not reccomend for temps at all
Travel Auditor (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 15, 2018
they don't take care of their employees, especially the temps! The permanent employees get paid once a month, the temps get no benefits whatsoever, the place is just ran poorly.
Horrible Management
Mental Health Counselor/Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 23, 2018
My time there was spent under a micro-manager whom literally went out of her way to make the workplace miserable. The pay was horrible and the only positive was that there were not too many times you had to work late.
Pros
College Atmosphere is fun
Cons
Horrible pay and poor management
This is a pleasent place to work.
Coach (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 19, 2018
Most days were not stressful. You have a standard schedule to follow and the schedule wasn't packed full. The technology and paper work was a bit out of date.
Pros
traveling
Cons
low pay
Very hands off management
Web Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 11, 2018
I was the only web developer on the team. I was given a lot of freedom deciding on design and development on their website and with their database. The people I worked with was very pleasant.
Pros
Freedom to do my work
Cons
Noisy work enviroment, low compensation
Most enjoyable part of the day
Assistant Head Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 25, 2018
As a football coach the most enjoyable part of the day was three-fold. 1. Meeting with coaches to plan straegy for the upcoming opponent, 2. Practice was a time of perfecting techniques and inserting new plays or adjusting plays for the opponent and, 3. The nightly review of practice to determine which plays will be effective for this game and if the players are picking up the concepts for success. The sustained growth of the players was enjoyable with a release of responsibility.
Pros
Work atmosphere
Cons
Salary and benefits
Fun and steady environment to work in.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 24, 2018
The admissions department was great to work in. Everyone worked as a team to accomplish everything and to get it done in an accurately and time manner.
Pros
The atmosphere was pleasant.
Relaxed Atmosphere
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 10, 2018
My only complaint is the rate of pay. Everything else is sufficient. However, when you have a maintain a suitable lifestyle for yourself and your family, pay is of the utmost importance.
I do intern for Hampton University
Junior System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAAugust 23, 2018
I do not work for the university
It is a great place to work, the culture is great, vibe is great, communication is awesome. I had no problems here at all. teamwork it the most important part of Hampton University
Pay and Benefits
Administrative Assistant- Department of Accounting (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VA 23666August 17, 2018
The job itself is not bad at all. It allows time to take care of business at home if needed. There are several perks Holiday Pay, Christmas Paid time off (actually you have to take your leave for the days they don't cover). The pay is horrible it's one of the lowest paid University's. Getting paid once a month is not bad if you make enough monthly money. The pay scale is that of a 16 yr old.
Pros
Leisure time and understanding bosses
Cons
Pay is horrible
A Private College
Director (Former Employee) –  on campusAugust 7, 2018
Hampton is privately owned and run. It has issues related to a long tenured president with many antiquated processes. Sad since there are many great people working there.
Pros
Generous leave
Cons
Overtime expected; leadership not encourage.
Excellent University to attend and to work for. We are the real hu not Howard University yet Hampton University. We do the right thing even when no on
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VA 23668August 2, 2018
Excellent School of higher education. There's nothing like it in the world. Talking to you is first-rate. The students are hand-picked. And the environment is conducive to learning.
no comment
Superintendent - Piped Services (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VA 23668July 21, 2018
I have no comment. I really am not comfortable commenting on a company in an open forum. I can provide more information as needed if relevant in an interview.