Hancock Holding Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Hancock Whitney Bank
Customer Service Manager, Asst. and Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 16, 2018
A good job to have, but unstable policies and practices that make it difficult to perform daily activities along with advancement within the company for career growth.
Good
Teller/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Purvis, MSMay 11, 2018
It was a enjoyable job, it was fast paced and it was busy but the customers was overall good...It was pleasant and it was good I had a good time working at hancock bank
will never work there again
Direct Banking Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, MSMay 5, 2018
demanding work for little pay. "sale sale sale" was the main theme. there did not seem to be a lot of encouragement for growth. management was okay. during bank merges there was not much empathy for those transition to Hancock Bank
Pros
local and opportunity to move
Cons
low pay. small amount of sick time off
Overly micro managed
Commercial Booking Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 26, 2018
The company had gotten to the point of being overly micro managed. The company was more concerned about numbers of errors that an employee made than about the quality of the work that was being performed by the employee.
Pros
Free break schedule
Cons
Overly micro managed
Suck
Client Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  LouisianaApril 19, 2018
Poor benefits. No advancement, low pay, old system, low raises & HR is a joke. This company doesn’t care about employees. Immediate manager is awesome. Corporate sucks !!! The call center is the face of the company but very low pay and the horrible systems & other bs really doesn’t make our job easier. MAnagement doesn’t know anything lol. This bank sucks I will never bank with them! Compare to my local credit unions we’re getting paid chump change. We deal with so much in the call center but never EVER appreciated.
Pros
Cons
benefits, 50 systems, horrible healthcare benefits, pay, lack of raises, & pretty much everything
April 23, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and are disappointed to hear this has been your experience. If you'd care to provide additional information we'd like an opportunity to discuss and better understand your concerns. You may contact us at ApplicantInquiry@hancockwhitney.com

Co-workers are AMAZING - HR, not so much
Client Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 6, 2018
Great co-workers. In my experience, after applying for 12+ positions internally after being here for 3+yrs, it's become apparent I'm stuck where I'm at regardless of my professional credentials. Numerous times, I've been denied a position regardless of qualifications, exceptional year-end reviews, etc. No room to grow has been my personal experience.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
no advancement opportunity for qualified associates
April 12, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. It’s the company’s practice to promote from within and encourage you to visit with your manager on how best to prepare you for additional opportunities. Please contact us at ApplicantInquiry@hancockwhitney.com if you would be interested in sharing more about your concerns.

Career advancement was an issue
Multi Service Banker- Division Admin Floater (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMarch 28, 2018
Overall good company to work for. I found advancement to be difficult. The company does provide great training. The rules are strict and policy must be followed at all times.
Pros
Vacation accrued once hired
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Good place to start a career
Sr. Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 2, 2018
Hancock has been around for over 100 years with a proven track record and focus on customer service. Stable company with good benefits and good people.
Benefits getting worse and worse
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 2, 2018
As it gets further and further from the 2011 merger, the benefits of the company get worse and worse (more Hancock, less Whitney). There are no programs for analysts or interns, HR and IT are a joke, and overall they are very unconcerned about employee well being. Additionally, there are no employee advocates, if you reach out to HR they tell your manager.
February 5, 2018

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your experience as an associate of our company. We are continuously looking for ways to make improvements and would like to better understand your experience. Would you be willing to chat with us? If so, please reach out to ApplicantInquiry@hancockwhitney.com

Collaborative Place To Work
Financial Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 2, 2018
Sales goals are easily achievable due to the whole branch contributing to help you reach them. Management is great and understanding of needed time off. The benefits are outstanding.
Pros
Great teams, benefits, and 401k.
Cons
Hours
excellent
teller (Current Employee) –  9 mileFebruary 1, 2018
This is a great place to work. friendly staff, knowledgeable managers and coworkers. The training is top notch and they pay very well. it is a very competive place to work
Pros
pay
Cons
barely staffed
Work Culture is Good
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  MississippiJanuary 22, 2018
Management is good, Workplace culture is Good. Hardest part of the job is we need to complete the work in assigned timeline, Cool palce to work........
bank teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 5, 2018
A very fast paced job and the day went by very fast.. I learned a lot about finances and customer service. I enjoyed every aspect of the job and want to major in finance due to this job.
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSDecember 28, 2017
My department in particular is very flexible and laid back. I get ample time off. My manager always has my back. Progression can be a little slow but there is definite potential for growth.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Boring
Love the job, hate the lack of advancement opportunities
Reconciliations Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 20, 2017
I love my current position, however, there are no other advancement opportunities. The lack of advancement makes it impossible to stay. The work culture has changed since I first began working there. It is a decent company to work for. I have seen worse . . . . .
Pros
Current manager is flexible, learn and develop new skill sets, co workers are a pleasure to work with
Cons
Heavy work load, long hours to due to extra responsibilites, not compensated for extra responsibilities
Relaxed work place
Paid Outs (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 16, 2017
Work at your own pace as long as the work is completed in a timely manager. No micro managing. Organization is very structured. Management has an open door policy.
Great Company
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  LouisianaOctober 28, 2017
Great company who takes care of employees, generous paid time off, including floating holidays, great insurance, exceptional pay. Management is respectful, encouraging and wants you to be successful.
Good
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Gulfport MSOctober 27, 2017
The bank was a good place to work. The continued growth of the bank made the job challenging and enjoyable. The management team was usually easy to talk to about work issues.
Positivr work place
Credit Officer (Former Employee) –  Gulfport MSOctober 20, 2017
My overall experience was very good, team player was one of the high qualities everyone had. The salary and benefits were good. A normal day was pleasant. The management was good. I learned different aspects of banking and customer service.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
job relocated
Hancock Whitney
Senior Collateral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 19, 2017
Overall the company is an ok employer. They have a great retirement plan. They also have a stock purchase plan that allows you invest in their company.