Hancock Whitney Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
only 1 dislike
Teller (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJuly 30, 2018
I LOVED THIS JOB! It was so fun to interact with people all day, learn the system, get a good groove, and count money. I loved it! The ONLY thing I did not like was the salesmans part of the job.. I'm not a salesman! I always "lost" every competition because I don't know how to sell! other than that, I truly miss working for the bank.
Pros
Pto, nice job
Was rewarding to an extent
Underwriter 2 (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJuly 30, 2018
Great benefits and vacation time and retirement. Job security is not a given. Moving must jobs to New Orleans. If unable to relocate or commute not a good fit.
Glad I left
Teller (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MS 39501July 12, 2018
They don’t take care about their workers only the people at the top we didn’t even get holiday bonuses as tellers the only good part was training at Hancock
July 19, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and regret you did not have a positive experience with our company. If you'd care to provide additional information we'd like an opportunity to discuss and better understand your concerns. You may contact us at ApplicantInquiry@hancock

Beginner's Job Guarantee
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 17, 2018
If you want to start your career in finance, working as a bank teller connects you with all you need to know for career expansion. Do ya thang baby do ya thang....
Teller
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 8, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Hancock Bank in an environment of providing customer service to the people of the Mississippi gulf Coast.The experience taught the value of true relation development. I especially enjoyed working with the senior citizens helping with processing their bank transactions .
Production
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 17, 2018
Climate can change at any given time, you do your job but the leadership development is not the best for a bank, but there expectations are above normal and them knowing they have not given you the leadership that was truly needed.
Pros
All Based on who's your team lead
Cons
upper management can not complete there responsiblity
Hancock Whitney Bank
Customer Service Manager, Asst. and Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 16, 2018
A good job to have, but unstable policies and practices that make it difficult to perform daily activities along with advancement within the company for career growth.
Good
Teller/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Purvis, MSMay 11, 2018
It was a enjoyable job, it was fast paced and it was busy but the customers was overall good...It was pleasant and it was good I had a good time working at hancock bank
will never work there again
Direct Banking Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, MSMay 5, 2018
demanding work for little pay. "sale sale sale" was the main theme. there did not seem to be a lot of encouragement for growth. management was okay. during bank merges there was not much empathy for those transition to Hancock Bank
Pros
local and opportunity to move
Cons
low pay. small amount of sick time off
Overly micro managed
Commercial Booking Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 26, 2018
The company had gotten to the point of being overly micro managed. The company was more concerned about numbers of errors that an employee made than about the quality of the work that was being performed by the employee.
Pros
Free break schedule
Cons
Overly micro managed
Suck
Client Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  LouisianaApril 19, 2018
Poor benefits. No advancement, low pay, old system, low raises & HR is a joke. This company doesn’t care about employees. Immediate manager is awesome. Corporate sucks !!! The call center is the face of the company but very low pay and the horrible systems & other bs really doesn’t make our job easier. MAnagement doesn’t know anything lol. This bank sucks I will never bank with them! Compare to my local credit unions we’re getting paid chump change. We deal with so much in the call center but never EVER appreciated.
Pros
Cons
benefits, 50 systems, horrible healthcare benefits, pay, lack of raises, & pretty much everything
April 23, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and are disappointed to hear this has been your experience. If you'd care to provide additional information we'd like an opportunity to discuss and better understand your concerns. You may contact us at ApplicantInquiry@hancockwhitney.com

Co-workers are AMAZING - HR, not so much
Client Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 6, 2018
Great co-workers. In my experience, after applying for 12+ positions internally after being here for 3+yrs, it's become apparent I'm stuck where I'm at regardless of my professional credentials. Numerous times, I've been denied a position regardless of qualifications, exceptional year-end reviews, etc. No room to grow has been my personal experience.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
no advancement opportunity for qualified associates
April 12, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. It’s the company’s practice to promote from within and encourage you to visit with your manager on how best to prepare you for additional opportunities. Please contact us at ApplicantInquiry@hancockwhitney.com if you would be interested in sharing more about your concerns.

Career advancement was an issue
Multi Service Banker- Division Admin Floater (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMarch 28, 2018
Overall good company to work for. I found advancement to be difficult. The company does provide great training. The rules are strict and policy must be followed at all times.
Pros
Vacation accrued once hired
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Good place to start a career
Sr. Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 2, 2018
Hancock has been around for over 100 years with a proven track record and focus on customer service. Stable company with good benefits and good people.
Benefits getting worse and worse
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 2, 2018
As it gets further and further from the 2011 merger, the benefits of the company get worse and worse (more Hancock, less Whitney). There are no programs for analysts or interns, HR and IT are a joke, and overall they are very unconcerned about employee well being. Additionally, there are no employee advocates, if you reach out to HR they tell your manager.
February 5, 2018

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your experience as an associate of our company. We are continuously looking for ways to make improvements and would like to better understand your experience. Would you be willing to chat with us? If so, please reach out to ApplicantInquiry@hancockwhitney.com

Collaborative Place To Work
Financial Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 2, 2018
Sales goals are easily achievable due to the whole branch contributing to help you reach them. Management is great and understanding of needed time off. The benefits are outstanding.
Pros
Great teams, benefits, and 401k.
Cons
Hours
excellent
teller (Current Employee) –  9 mileFebruary 1, 2018
This is a great place to work. friendly staff, knowledgeable managers and coworkers. The training is top notch and they pay very well. it is a very competive place to work
Pros
pay
Cons
barely staffed
Work Culture is Good
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  MississippiJanuary 22, 2018
Management is good, Workplace culture is Good. Hardest part of the job is we need to complete the work in assigned timeline, Cool palce to work........
bank teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 5, 2018
A very fast paced job and the day went by very fast.. I learned a lot about finances and customer service. I enjoyed every aspect of the job and want to major in finance due to this job.
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSDecember 28, 2017
My department in particular is very flexible and laid back. I get ample time off. My manager always has my back. Progression can be a little slow but there is definite potential for growth.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Boring