Hancock Whitney Employee Reviews

Very happy environment
Associate Teller (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LASeptember 12, 2019
The branch I worked for went out their way to make feel like part of the family. I would highly recommend this place of employment to anyone looking for a career where you can advance and grow.
Pros
Awesome birthday cakes, Loved the volunteering I was allowed to do.
Cons
Not much personal time
Absolutley hated it
Financial Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJuly 30, 2019
If you are not in the inner circle with the management team and their peers forget it. It is like going back to high school. The managers I worked for were terrible. It is like they live to make their employees miserable. Body shaming, mocking, laughing at you, having private conversations while staring at you. It is a very uncomfortable place to be.
Pros
Pay and meeting new people
Cons
Bullies
Not a good place to work
Account Exceptions and Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 23, 2019
I would not recommend anyone to work for this place. The management is horrible and the turnover rate shows just how bad management is at Hancock and Whitney bank. The advancement opportunities are almost non existent because they will hold ANY little thing above your head to ensure that you are not able to transfer departments. Definitely not worth the stress.
Management and no advancement
Deposit Services (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 4, 2019
They speak each year of possible advancements but the only one that received advances are the managers. The managers received two within this year but are unable to train their associates or coach their team. COMMUNICATION SUCKS!
Pros
team members
Cons
Managers and advancements
Excellent Boot Camp For Any Employee
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 4, 2019
Jobs at Hancock are fast-paced and require attention to detail. Upward mobility is limited by the ambition of the employee. Opportunities are always available for those that apply themselves.
Great place to work!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMay 29, 2019
Co-workers are very nice, the customers were easy to deal with and the overall atmosphere was very comfortable. I miss it every day - sadly I made a poor decision to relocate.
Pros
Co-workers, csutomers, atmosphere
Cons
salary
Love it.... Buttttt
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 4, 2019
I worked as a part time, 20hr bank teller for a little under a year. All in all, it was my favorite job... but there were somethings I really would like changed. Vacation scheduling is very complicated and limiting. Also, you will not be working 20hours a week...you will probably be working more hours. You will be called to come in... a lot. However, your vacation time will NOT reflect how much you work there. So you can clock in 40 hours pretty much, no health benefits and not be allowed to get the same compensation when it comes to vacation time. Meaning, if you are a 20hr Bank Teller you will only get 20hr vacation time even if you were working (on average) ~38 hours. Also, its mandatory to take your time off, it cannot accrue. I loved the people there, I loved my manager, it's just that this bank acts and functions very much like a corporation. They are not flexible lol.... at all.
Pros
People, Customers, Hours
Cons
Vaction time
Great place for in school
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 30, 2019
It's a nice job to have while in school. I was part-time and was able to get some homework done on slow days. The "work environment" and coworkers depend on the specific branch/location you might work at.
Pros
Good while in school
Cons
Job security can be tough if you work at a busy branch. The pay could be better
Not a place I would recommend
Representative (Current Employee) –  Capitol commerce centerMarch 19, 2019
This company doesn’t care about their employees at all. You get penalized for using sick time and vacation time because now it affects your pay. You will get sick time but you will get an occurrence if you use the sick time THEY give you. If you ask one of the managers a question, he will never give you a straight answer. They put so much work on you and don’t even give you a raise. Don’t expect for them to give you a day off there’s a bad storm, hurricane, or snow coming bc they will expect you to be there and if you aren’t it’s an occurrence. I would most definitely never advice anyone to work here.
Pros
Cons
Pay, being penalized for using sick time and vacation time and how it affects your incentive, don’t feel like upper management cares, no room for advancement
Official response from Hancock Whitney
April 10, 2019

I'm sorry to hear this has been your experience at Hancock Whitney. I'd like to better understand this issue so we can address. Please reach out to me directly at 334-358-2950 if you'd like to discuss.

Regards,
Kelly Campbell
Talent Acquisition Operations Manager

Fun people to work with
Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 12, 2019
Stayed busy, had weekly morning breakfast meeting, great manager, really loved working there. More of a family atmosphere then work. The other tellers were easy to get along with.
Pros
all day work
Good place for long term growth
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 7, 2019
I work in a smaller market. The flatness of the organization tends to draw more influence from larger markets. Company can continue to garner feedback from all divisions.
Was a excellent career
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 25, 2019
I worked at Hancock bank from the time i left the Military until way after Katrina. We had to relocate where we operated from and i helped get everything established. I could not continue with the travel distance. I had small children at home
First Banking Position
Personal Banker/Financial Services Rep (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 16, 2019
This was a good company to work for. Unfortunately, I was unable to advance into the department that I desired. Even though my numbers and successes were there.
Great place to work with plenty of opportuntiy for career advancement
Banker Solutions Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 31, 2018
I have worked at Hancock Whitney for over a decade. I have learned many valuable lessons about banking and more importantly about customer service. Management lives by an open door policy and is always available. I have been able to gain knowledge and advice from other managers that are not my direct supervisors. Workplace culture is one of honor, integrity, and hard work. But it is also one of laughter and teamwork. My current team is the best group of people anyone could ask to work with. We know that we have each others back. The hardest part of the job is trying to stay up to date on all the changes in the banking industry. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people. In the department, I work in we assist the front office bankers in making sure that customers are assisted and taken care of with the correct information.
Great organization
Department Head of Asset Recovery (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLOctober 30, 2018
Stable bank with good management. I worked in Florida on the acquistion of a 2 billion dollar institution. My team was located in various cities throughout Florida with about 50% of them in my base location. I traveled monthly to other offices in order to give support, oversight, and encouragement to team members.
Good job
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Prentiss, MSOctober 1, 2018
Overall it was ok. When I first started it was a little tension but it got better as I went on. The immediate manager changed and tension came back. But I was let go.
worst job ever
Exceptions Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 24, 2018
worked with people that were not team players. Job was a waist of time and I was overqualified. The pay wasnt the greatest and management was not professional.
Pros
no answer
Cons
no answer
Advisor
Advisor I (Former Employee) –  Gulf CoastSeptember 16, 2018
If you are looking to join a firm as a financial Advisor, it’s a good start if you are able to work under a senior level advisor. If you are an established advisor I would stay away unless you are consistently a 500k a year producer. The compensation grid is not favorable for building a book of business. The only way to make it is to get a territory that has bankers that will consistently produce business and referrals, and you have to have a little luck on your side. Paperwork is a nightmare, and technology is catching up, but still several years behind compared to other bank programs like Wells Fargo, J.P. Morgan, LPL, and Regions
Pros
Relaxed, good work life balance
Cons
compensation structure, management likes to push certain investment
Official response from Hancock Whitney
January 25, 2019

Dear Former Associate:

My name is Kelly Campbell and I’m the Talent Acquisition Ops Manager at Hancock Whitney. Thank you for sharing your feedback and I apologize for the delayed response. Our goal is to improve in all areas and feedback from our current and former associates helps us drive that mission. I’d like to talk with you about your experiences and specifically like to better understand your comment, “compensation structure, management likes to push certain investment”. If you are open to speaking with me, please call me directly at 334-358-2950. If you are more comfortable to communicate via email, my address is kelly.campbell@hancockwhitney.com.

Hancock Whitney Co.
Lending Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 20, 2018
My duties with the company by doing my job on a daily bases. I was in the HMDA Group by reviewing loans and making sure everything is accurate. We always had a deadline to meet each month.
worked as teller
Teller/Loan Teller (Former Employee) –  MississippiAugust 2, 2018
Worked as teller, cashed checks, collected and counted deposited and worked as loan teller when needed. When needed would help balance the vault. At end of day would need to decided how much money should be turned in to vault.
Pros
enjoyed the job
Cons
culture of job would sometime conflict with family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hancock Whitney. Our community is ready to answer.