Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa

• Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

stress free work environment

Environment is nice and calming. Very slow pace and compensation needs improvement. Management is hands on an attentive. Guest are given a variety of options for treatment alone with different product lines.

Pros

environment and guest

Cons

compensation

Amazing work environment

Was a fun place to work, unfortunately Pay is really low, and not many hours available. Other than that no complaints. Friendly staff, fun and safe work environment

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Low pay

Great company

Overall a great company to work for. The upselling gets a little annoying but the company takes care of the employees. Great flexibility also. The monthly bonus is great.

Pros

monthly bonus

Cons

expected to up sell

Nice on the outside but

Management is all about the profit and the customer but don't truly care about the employees. They think asking about your personal life and giving everyone food every now and then makes up for pressuring you to come back when you're sick. If you want time off they are a dog on a bone about you making up for it, getting a cover etc. even though you don't get paid for time off. When mistakes are made in the schedule they regularly lie to clients instead of owning our mistakes. If an employee makes a mistake they are always told on and get a taking to. Holding employees to high standards is good but they really need to show appreciation in action, not in words or with snacks. They give even the best employees a hard time on the regular.

Pros

Nice facility some coworkers are cool

Cons

Customers first, employees last, no paid time off, dishonest, bad work life balance

Do not work here.

I have worked here for about 10 months. The management is just completely awful. We have been through 5/6 mangers in just these 10 months. Multiple people that work here have complained about management. They cut you on your paycheck. They are not fair. I would highly advise working somewhere else.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Fun workplace

Great place to work as a first job especially if you are good at sales. Salary is decent. However moving up in position is not easy as they hardly offer it

Pros

Extra compensation on top of hourly

Cons

No advancement

Good workplace

Relaxing environment, most of the staff are amazing and easy to get along with. Make great connections and flexible with hours. Definitely a learning experience for anyone looking for a new job.

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Short breaks

Employees aren’t compensated properly

The pay is biweekly, and the starting pay is $12.50. If you apply to work the desk you will hardly get any hours because there are several people that work as sales associates. On average I’m given 12-16 hours a week.

Pros

Employees work together to meet goals

Cons

Low pay, not a lot of hours

Great Team!

This location is really great to work at. Schedule flexibility, easy to build up a clientele and the atmosphere is really great! Co-workers are all really nice and everyone is made to feel like their a part of the team! The Manager is OUTSTANDING! I’ve never had one better in any job I’ve ever had. She truly cares about everyone and let’s you know she has your back as an employer, which you do not find often in management. The atmosphere at this location definitely changed for the better when ownership and management changed 3yrs ago.

Pros

Flexibility, pay is better than most, team environment

Cons

Short staffed- they need more therapists

Owners care about their team

Owners and management work with us to achieve our professional and personal goals. This is a team oriented culture. Concerns are listened to and acted on. Recently have seen increased pay and usually we're fully booked. Spa is in a great location to draw clients. We aren't just sitting and waiting on clients. There are regular meetings and group functions for the team. We receive regular communication in regards to client reviews and personal performance

Pros

clean spas. strong client base. Good team.

Cons

weak healthcare benefits

Great work environment.

I have been employed here for many years, I love that they provide a steady clientele, and work life balance. I get to pick and choose my own hours and that allows me to build my own paycheck. You do have to be motivated to excel in your career and be willing to learn, they provide excellent education to help you.

Pros

Free education, steady clientele, flexible hours.

Great Place to Work!!

I have been with Hand and Stone for 4 years. I love working at this location. The management and owners are very supportive. We have so many amazing clients and I work with some awesome people, many who have also been with this company for over 5 years. Work life balance is great. We have an amazing team that supports each other and wants to see everyone succeed. Benefits with these owners are also great. I have affordable healthcare for my family and myself, paid vacation, free services, discounts on products and tons of free education. The bonus structure is also awesome, so I make tons more than my “base” pay. I would 100% recommend working for this location. I have worked hard during my time with the company. My hard work is always recognized. I have been able to work myself up from the bottom and now hold an awesome leadership role. I’m so happy I found Hand and Stone Geneva!!

Pros

Pay, benefits, owners, coworkers, managers, clients

Good place to start

Good for those recently out of school or needing flexible schedules. Management at my location was great and the owner is very helpful in times of need. Pay was low to average though.

Therapist's are expendable.

Massage Therapists are not well taken care of and there is a high turn over rate. Managers are not well trained, are inexperience with no history or training in spa or massage. Stock and supplies are always low and running out. Running out and last minute orders are how they keep track of stock.

Pros

Steady income

Cons

High turn over rate

Being able to build a book

I enjoyed my job at Hand and Stone until I didn't. Owner shows to much favoritism and is too gossipy. But for the most part I liked it. I love my clients and helping them achieve their skincare goals.

Pros

Great clients and co-workers

Cons

N/a

Amazing for hands on training

It’s a fantastic job to polish your skills as a new technician. Good advanced training available to those that want to learn and succeed. If you are motivated and work at the right location this job is rewarding and well paid.

Pros

Free education, flexible schedules

Cons

Most owners have no experience in the spa field. Job satisfaction depend heavily on location.

Easy. More for students or younger ppl

Super easy side job but the pay is not enough for a single parent with bills. This job is more for students or younger people. Full of drama. Everybody talks about everybody. They want you to live & breathe this job. Ultimately the pay is not enough for as much as they work you.

Pros

Pretty easy job

Cons

Pay, drama 24/7

Employee Oriented Owners

Don't let disgruntled employees discourage you. The owners at this location are employee centered. They are flexible, supportive and take care of their employees more than any other chain. Happy therapists/estheticians = happy customers, and they strive more than any other places I've worked to help keep you happy. They don't believe in overworking you, and help pay for continuing education to help you boost your skills. The atmosphere is relaxed and fun!

Pros

Flexible Schedules, Free CEUs, Lots of Breaks

Cons

Traffic in the area sucks, but that's not on them.

It’s a place

This is a place where you work hard. Ever changing. Requires flexibility. Work life balance will continually be challenging given the constant turnover.

Great Staff positive environment little room for growth

I’ve been working for hand and Stone for about 4 years I’ve tried to move up to a higher Position but they do not give me the room the grow in this company. I love the staff but am afraid it may be a dead end job

Pros

Breaks and relaxing environment

Cons

Little to no company growth.

Flexible

I’ve fallen in and out of love with massage. Working at the spa reminds me why I love doing it. My manager specifically is super flexible and works with me all the time. I enjoy most clients and our spa is super chill.

Cons

No benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight