Handy

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Supportive environment

Good thing is I can make my own schedule but is it worth it?

Many clients expectations are too high. The clients that expect too much are those whos home is in a bad condition. Not only are they in bad conditions but there isn't enough time allotted to get the job done. Clients give bad reviews unfairly based on these things. Those jobs need a cleaning crew that work for a full day.Most jobs locations are far and the pay doesn't accommodate the distance. Plus we have to pay for our own supplies.Handy pros are not able to contact management directly, we can only message them through the app. If there is a response it is typically an automated one. I've been having a problem with payments and cant get it resolve because of this.The job is ok to bring home extra money but to do it where you can make a living you have to work very hard. This includes working two jobs per day or more and they can be across town from each other.There are some decent clients that respect and appreciate you and your work and will tip but they are rare.I don't feel like Handy cares about the employees.

Pros

Flexible schedule and tips

Cons

Low pay and unpredictable jobs

Pay

Not enough jobs to make money. Most of time they cancel at last minute. If you were to cancel at last minute they will charge a percentage depending on how many hours before job starts.

I love this job!!

I love this job, I love my people, I love to clean! I don’t like how you can’t get a hold of anybody when there’s an issue. email tag sucks. Also the fees that They can take with no explanation

Pros

Great people and make your own schedule

Cons

Management, the pay

I love working here wish support was more supportive

Great place to work and nice clients. Can’t reach customer service in the phone when you have issues like wrong address in the app. If you don’t like to work hard this isn’t the job for you.

Pros

Flexibility

Work when you want

The work schedule is very flexible being that you choose the jobs when you want and mostly where you want. The only thing is the pay differs in different areas and you have to spend money on gas to get to and from each job

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Sometimes long drives

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Pretty decent

Over All like it I have great client base but I wish I could cancel auto books or random bookings clients didn’t make become very inconvenient because this may be someone’s only gig. But good don’t have to answer to nobody work at my own pace

Pros

Great clients, tips, meeting new people

Cons

Cancellation, auto books, pay okay

$10-$13 am hour

They want to to spend money on gas and expensive cleaning supplies plus buy a vacuum to only pay you $13 max an hour. company is garbage. Won’t be in busy much longer.

Pros

you can find new customers and take them for yourself

Cons

low pay

Rip off

Do NOT work for HANDY. Pays you half of what you should make, estimates work hours way low, you end up working more hours. A customer no showed me and I left, they were not home. I informed Handy of this but they said the customer told them I no showed. They fined me $50 and took my jobs away, all because customer lied so they wouldn't have to pay the no show fee.DO NOT WORK FOR HANDY

Make your own schedule

This job sucks. The only good part is you can make your own schedule! But they rob you blind. If you have an emergency and have to cancel the job then they change you a grip of money. So if NOBODY has a life then this is a good job for them. Other wise your basically working for free

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

Fees, cancellation Fees, no support

Handy cleaner

Some of the jobs aren't worth it based off compensation but if u figure out the ones that are those are the ones I take. The average pay for me has been around 17 an hour. Nothing crazy but I cash out daily so my funds are in my account next day it's good because it's just extra income. Idk if u can make money off this full time but part time is lucrative enough for me.

Pros

Flexibility, choose your own hours, same day pay

Cons

Some jobs not worth the pay, disgusting houses sometimes

Jobs at Handy

See more jobs

Crooked

Worst company ever! Don't waste your time unless youre desperate. Pay per job is poor, communication with management is virtually impossible. Everything is email only. They offer no support to the contractors in the field. If you need help or have a question while on the job site you'll be waiting until the next day for a answer and they probably will dance around the question. And if something doesn't go right they will charge you for whatever reason they can make up! Work orders mysteriously change verbiage from opening to close. Save some sanity and stay away!

Pros

Cons

Everything from A to Z

Flexible

You hose the jobs you want so hours are flexible. They charge reidiclous fees is you need to cancel and they will deactivate you account if you don’t get enough clients to review you.

Decent 1099 company

I liked traveling to customers houses and being able to chose my own shift. i made very good money. At a point the customers reviews started to negatively affect my ability too much. the platform did not allow the worker the ability to defend themselves from customers that just wanted their money back. For this I had to stop after several negative interactions at customers home. As well, there is no way to directly speak to someone, all communication is through email, which also made work on a regular basis difficult.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Poor HR management

Run away not worth stress

Company is a joke they charge you fees for something you did not do. They don’t pay well and there pro support is a complete joke. After 11 jobs and no pay I am done with them. Not worth the loss of money cause they make you buy the parts and supplies and they take like 80% of the total job money. Do not I repeat do not work for handy.

Pros

Money

Cons

Whole company.

Run..run..and run ! Don’t waist your energy and time You can do better

If you respect your self and what you doing and doing it right don’t even think to apply for this rip off company , what to expect when you for some reason get yourself in to this company , you will get 1/3 of a pay what this job originally cost on the market cause company takes all the cake , plus you pay all the expenses for yourself and the customer company clearly says to their customer that the job includes the expenses and materials , a lot of fees , lies, rippoffs , no communications at all , think twice before you apply , I been through it , I have done it

Scam

Although the pay may seem good, the unexpected/unexplained fees are too much. You try to reach out through email, the only method of communication given, which takes 2-3 days for a response. The jobs you have claimed are most of the time described wrong in the work order so you show up prepared/thinking you will be doing one job, then be expected to do something totally different by the customer. If you are not able, Handy will issue you a fee. Jobs that require 1 or more pros to assist, are expected to be completed with or without the expected help, for NO EXTRA pay. Horrible app. Good money at first but overall a huge waste of time and a huge scam.

Cons

No communication, work does not equal pay

Good opportunities, bad job support from company

Very hard to get a helpful answer from support. They also mess up my payment cash outs quite a bit with no explanation. And it takes a while for them to respond. Also, if you receive a bad review, you have no idea who it was that gave it or why.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Bad employee support, unfair pay

Handy Pro is a joke!

Completed my first job and my pay showed in the app. Saying the money would deposit the next week. One day before it was deposited they fined me $15 for leaving the job early, which is a lie! The repair only took 30 minutes of the 2 hours that it showed. The day it was scheduled to deposit the app telling me that my pay is under review and will be deposited the next week. The customer was extremely happy with my repair and was happy during my departure. This app is a joke!

Cons

Cons

Will discredit you if you cancel a job. Must make a 4.2 rating by customers or get booted out of app. Does not pay you for gas mileage and does not schedule you houses to clean close to your area. Pay for jobs is not good when you have to do extra tasks.

Make extra money in your free time

Love that I have the ability to make some extra money after my regular job, the only thing I really don't like is contacting Handy, they make everything difficult you have to wait weeks sending then email to get something solve.

Flexible and pay weekly

I enjoyed being able to get to my destination not needing a car wasn't necessary but being on time is. Do not work over the time allowed, Handy doesn't pay for it, is my experience, even if they claim they do...have the client pay you cash if they want you to stay longer. When you get there tell them how long your allowed to stay and have only certain minutes for each room. Having a timer is a plus Remind them that they are put on a automatic monthly service charge that will be deducted from their card on file and they have another cleaning every once a month coming again.

Pros

Your own boss

Cons

No paid over time that they set &gave to you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Handy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Handy with

• Handy
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?