Handy

Handy Pay & Benefits reviews

United States549 reviews
Able to work around other jobs and school activates. platform scheduling you get to pick the job and area from a platform. First come First serve,
Need basic knowlege of house hold cleaning supplies and stuff
Pros
flexiable scheduling
Cons
1099 and your own supplies. the fees are redicilous
Do not do it the mileage is not worth the money. The app has payment glitches not worth the under payment. Does not give you location until you accept the job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Need to have flex in schedule/Need to have a car
Handy inc. has being a great company to work with; the pay is terrific, you can work the days that you want, the hours, you can choose the jobs, if a customer wants you again, you decide if you want to or not.
Handy cut our pay from $15 per hour to $13. It has a rating scale designed to keep cleaners ratings low so we won’t get a bonus. If a customer that liked you already and rated you a 5. The customer assumes they don’t need to continue to rate you. They also don’t rate you if they give you a tip. But Handy takes your ratings and divides the ratings by the total number of jobs and that causes rating to be very low.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Handypro is good but you have to pay for cleaning service and there is no phone number it’s very expensive when you got to pay for everything and you don’t make profit
Comment – January 15, 2020
Please post to the correct company, here is the link.
as a "sub contractor" you will end up losing money trying to work with these people. for each "gig" they are only paying you a basic labor wage for billable hours only. If anything goes wrong for any reason on a job they cut your pay, pretty sure thats not legal... no customer service at all, no way to communicate with the company to trouble shoot issues. The only thing handy will be successful at is driving wages down and making it so nobody with actual skill can compete
They lie like children with no remorse, they don't do what they say. We get paid poorly and inconsistently due to fees or clients cancelling last min. Then they dont have a number for you to call so youre just waiting hours for an email.
The company was more put together when I lived in DC back in 2014/2015. I work in Houston TX now and its horrible. In DC They gave uniforms, we actually had in person interviews, a manager to call, supplies provided, andba cellphone. The pay was $17 an hour with an increase up to $25 an hour if your reviews were great. Now its nothing yo look forward to but a headache
DC's cost of living is one of the highest in the nation
With rent rising all the time people living paycheck to paycheck Handy doesn't care

So I decided 4 years ago to make it a side job because it wasn't beneficial to keep breaking my back for a company who genuinely doesn't care

In the 5 years I've been here Handy hasn't decided to raise DC's cleaners pay to a living wage it's ridiculous
New York ,San Francisco and other big cities even Baltimore make considerably more than we do
They refuse to pay us a living wage that's why they are always hiring

It's a revolving door unfortunately
When I started jobs were local and abundant.. Then they merged with home advisor now the jobs are too far for not a lot of money. If you can drive around the state tou should be good. But the rules have changed considerably.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Handy?
If you like being charged for not showing up at a customer's house when you are standing in it. If you like being treated like a disobedient child after you complain about how they took your jobs unfairly and cost you money. When you expect to be paid for work you did and your told that they can't verify your claim when you checked in.
about the money your owed and your fired for it...
,raishell about it because you spent three hours in the coldit's unjust
The pay rate increases based on your ratings which was wonderful my first month of working at handy I had repeated customers that only requested me to come by they never made it a difficult job for me just light dusting dishes to be thrown in the dishwasher and hey communicated with me if they where home I love that we get paid every Wednesday and the fact that we can work on our own time is fantastic choose our sechedes was a plus for me because I worked weekdays so the e
The more you work the you pay . Paying every two weeks. They have a a lot of jobs. Some of the clients are good and some are. And then Rate is very important for handy. No Emergency Management Agency.
They take advantage of the hard work of people they pay you per hour instead of paying you what they charge for the installation of things. They pay you $18 and hour but you have to drive your own car so plus expenses. They charge the clients $80 plus for the installing of something that pays you $20-40 it depends on the item sometimes you install two for the price of one while they charge for both. You can go check yourself after you install the pieces that they charge $80 plus and pay you $30 it happened to me that’s why I stopped working there sometimes you need the money but this work no thank you
I was a 5 star worker and meant good customers. Some customers showed me what Handy charges them. For Example, a bunk bed installation was 168.00 US dollars, and i was paid 38 bucks out of it. A TV Installation was 130.00 (Handy charges) and i got paid 50 US dollars. They dont pay for your gas, parking meters or even gives you the extra paid for the ladder you got at home depot. IF they have any reason to charge you a late or missed job fee, even though you were there for 25 minutes, they will live of customers by over charging them, and live off the poor pro handy workers that go out their way to get the job done. Im very good with my hands and my rating was 5 stars because the customers saw good talent. Handy is not a Fair company and will steal your small earnings any chance they get. I will not recommend this app to anyone.
I am very good at doing my work. I go fix customers car at my place or at their place. I do any type of general jobs people ask me to do and I get paid pretty good.
The platform is decent, tons of potential clients. But they will screw you over compensation. Inevitable. No way to EVER speak w/management. Bad dudes
I feel like they should pay people gas since they using they own car and people should leave directions if they not going to be at home ... I enjoyed working here cause you can make your own schedule..
Never work here, just don’t. I could go into detail but it’s about as close to pure slavery as I’ve experienced. You’ll probably make less than minimum wage if you factor in everything.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Slavery
Honestly the idea is good but they have some kinks to work out! If they pay attention to the employees they have working for them, take the bad with the good and just improve. Don’t be greedy you pay your employees better and they will respect you and become more loyal!!
Pros
Make your own schedule all the benefits once you figure how to get them
Cons
Pay and the miscommunication.
Handy is a company of thieves and people with a robotic mentality. I used Handy because I was transitioning from New York to North Carolina and Handy seemed to be what was used most with the exception of Takl. So I decided to give it a go. The first thing that I found very strange was there is no way possible for you to reach someone by phone or virtual chat in an emergency situation. You have to use the app and email them and wait for them to respond. Often it says you'll get a response in 30 minutes, that's a lie. I have never once gotten a response in 30 minutes. The responses all come after you complete the task or sometimes even the next day. So there is strike one. Secondly, this is not my first rodeo with freelancing apps. I absolutely love being a Taskrabbit tasker and the way Taskrabbit operates. Handy takes a very hefty percentage compared to what they charge clients. Handy is used by Wayfair and Walmart for furniture assembly and mounting services. I've had several clients show me that Handy charge them several hundred dollars but only paid me $20, $40 or $50. I had one client who showed me he was billed by Handy $700 to have a gazebo put together but wanted to pay me $70 to do the job. That means I was only getting 10% to 20% of what they charge clients. What type of practice are they running. So that was strike Two. Lastly, because we have to email them for everything it helps you to see how incompetent some of them are especially with simple definitions like furniture assembly and mounting. As well as how people in the customer service department all don't follow - more...
Pros
Pick your own schedule
Warning the system will charge you fees, fees, fees. The penalty for missing jobs or cancel jobs is very harsh compare to the fees the clients has to pay. I discussed with a client on rescheduling a appointment and just cause they’re not able to verify it through our messages or email they sent to client. I was charged a no call no show. Now it’s a week later and I’m still waiting on matter to be resolved.