Handy Employee Reviews

Bad company
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 27, 2018
We are rated and tipped on our job performance.....that will never come out good for the worker nor the customer. Reason, never enough time to do a good job. Great if the place you are cleaning is in a somewhat normal state....but good luck with that! WOW, I’ve seen unreal places that maybe clean once a year, some even worse.....2 years with this company, when are they going to figure out, its about the job, not how many bed/bathrooms they have. Horribly stressful trying to do a good job in the time given!

The ONLY! Positive is you chose when and where you work.....but even that can be deceiving once you get to the job and realize, your 2/3 Hour job should be a 4/5 Hour job.
Pros
Choose jobs
Cons
Everything else
Poor
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2018
They had lack of communication and poor transportation they want you to go from place to place but they wasn’t offered any transportation like a bus card or nothing
Worst company is the history of time
Handyman (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLSeptember 23, 2018
The worst customer and employee service I've ever had. Horrible pay, hours, and application. Customers cancel constantly, coworkers never show up, and no help from the company that you can ONLY EMAIL.
Worst job ever RUN!!!!!!
No IDEA (Former Employee) –  NO WORK ZONESeptember 23, 2018
I started working for them if that’s what you call it they have you accept 1 job when you start from there I couldn’t find any jobs for 10 days then came the day for my first job and it was deleted no job for the day I get a message from a marketing rep for them saying if I complete my first job by Sunday I can get a bonus I tell her I haven’t been able to find one job and I been checking 5-12 times a day she says oh let me check then let’s me know nothing available in my area I can ask to have other areas added or add cleaning. I write support like she said and ask this they deny my request saying that that don’t do that so the pros can focus on the jobs and not accepting too much work yet I explained I found no jobs in 10 days so focusing on my 0 jobs my 10 days of availability 120 hours for 0 dollars a hour was a joke this company will go under its only a matter of time. It’s what happens when a idiot starts a company and hires all his friends for upper management.
Pros
Plenty of free time with lack of work
Cons
Poor management, disorganized, No pay, no jobs to be selected
Housecleaner
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 23, 2018
I worked independently as a housecleaner witch I prvided my own supplies. To do household chores for clients. Such as Windows Laundry and everday house chores.
I worked on my own schedule.
The best part about the job is working when i wanted.
The only downside is not being able to talk to a live person especially when my check was short.
Pros
Working on my own time.
Cons
Buying my own supplys
Management was terrible
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  LaBelle, FLSeptember 21, 2018
Reasons for leaving job pay wasnt good. Management rude and disrespectful.was told to do jobs without the correct tools. Definitely wouldnt work at another handy.
Relaxed atmosphere
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2018
It’s a great place to work only thing I would suggest better is a direct management contact. Great pay rate. Loved the fact you make your own schedule
Work on your own schedule. Very helpful
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2018
At handy I was able to work when I wanted to work which is perfect for me being that I had another job at the same time. Handy allowed me to make extra money to support myself and my family. Working for handy I met new people, learned how to use new cleaning products And got paid everyday.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
No benefits
Creat my own schedule.
House Keeping (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 10, 2018
I like working for Handy. Handy is great for someone who wants to make their owe schedule. It has allowed me to work on other areas in my life. The hours are flexible and the clients are great.
HANDY is not the best employer
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2018
My time at HANDY was good until I realized that not having a supervisor that I could communicate with directly was unfair. At the end of my employment here I was very upset that I could not voice my feelings to the company concerning customers I served.
Pros
Plenty of freedom, and independence.
Cons
There was no support from the company, no benefits either.
Productive workers and a positive work environment
General Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2018
This was a great working experience for me I would just like something more consistent

The workers are very pleasant

Management are very clear on what they want done
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
On call type of work schedul
Quick money, you can work when you want but overall the job needs improvement
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 7, 2018
Quick Money
Work when you want
Cancellation fees are to high
Company doesn't support their employees
Handy's rating system needs improvement
Hard to get in contact with company
Tips are horrible
A lot of work and little pay
Pros
Quick money and you can work when you want
Cons
Company doesn't not support their employee, tips are not good, a lot of work and little pay
Too many cancellations
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 4, 2018
Not a job to pay bills your schedule changes daily you can’t make decent money and the bookings are very low we as contractors get charged a cancel fee while the customers cancel same day and we only get partial pay it’s hard to move up the ladder to receive more money and our rating goes down no matter how much we work or how good we are
Pros
Make own schedule
Cons
No guarantee to make money
no benefits
Cleaning Professional (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2018
i wouldn't recommend this job to no one the clients are rude for one most of them won't get out of your way for you to properly clean and some of them are just straight nasty
Pros
work when you want
Cons
rude clients
This place is Horrible! Beware..
Contractor (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 12, 2018
This is the only place I have worked for that you can not contact anyone by a phone call, everything is done by e-mail. The sad thing about this they never respond back in a timely manner, so this makes the customer very unhappy and who suffers? You do! by getting a negative review.

What really is upsetting, you may have to drive 90 plus miles for a $30.00 job, its not worth it.
Happy
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 11, 2018
Handy was a job a friend told me about I can make my own hours I can’t stop working when I want I can’t take the job any and everywhere I go. I love that I can’t start and stop when ever I won’t and they also let us keep in touch with the clients.
House keeping
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 6, 2018
My job was to pick the key up from the door man clean the customer home everyroom that was requested also mange to be in the apt alone with pets I love handy so wonderful job
Pros
Was to be on time
Cons
Great healthcare
Very fun place to be
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLAugust 4, 2018
It was a very enjoyable place to be and the children created a fun atmosphere. I will say that the work was a bit difficult (having to clean after the children, transporting carts across the campus, and lifting things at least 2-3 times my weight) it was still an amazing job.
Horrendous
Worker (Current Employee) –  New York nyJuly 27, 2018
Avoid like the plague! Legalized slavery that runs workers into the ground and penalizing them while corpoerate executives just sit there and make profits. Sick and immoral.
Cons
Horrible place to work for!!! Don’t do it!!!
Handy Person (Current Employee) –  Austin TexasJuly 13, 2018
- you cannot speak to anyone regarding anything.... everything is done via email
- the app doesn’t work well at at all
- they fine the employee for everything
- pay only covers hourly wage not gas and supplies
- people are rude!! And expect you to do more than what they originally requested
- they hold your pay without reason or notification
- LAST MINUTE cancellations are typical. About 75% of my bookings got cancelled last minute and I have a 5 star rating!!!
- difficult to book multiple cleans in a week with them unless you want to work weekends and weekend nights
Pros
You get to make your own schedule
Cons
see review.. too much to write here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Handy. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight