Handyman Connection

Handyman Connection Employee Reviews

United States54 reviews
Overall a great experience
Great team, decent business model, steady flow of customers. But it was always hard to find and keep the technicians who actually did the work. They were so fickle and unreliable.
Pros
Great advertising, great home office team
Cons
Constant hiring hassles, non-stop drama
Not reliable
Franchises will have you do work and not pay you when they don’t get paid. They take such a large percentage that you waste time making quotes that never get accepted. I left and started my own company and did much better.
A Company that Overpromises and Under Delivers
Handyman Connection is not a great place to work for a myriad of reasons. For starters, you do not have a stated hourly rate and you are not compensated for any of the bidding work that you do. If you only do work that is "Pre-sold", there is a pre-determined labor budget and it is often poorly calculated. The hardest part of the job is the lack of certainty that you have regarding your pay check. One week you can make $27.00 an hour the next week it's $10.00 an hour.

There are no benefits of any kind offered to employees working outside of the main office.

Pay is done weekly, so this can be a plus.

There are some solid guys that you can learn from, but multiple Craftsman on a job is fairly rare.

Expect delays in getting support from Craftsman who are capable in trades that you may be ill equipped or unlicensed to handle. This will no doubt frustrate your customer.
very good company, keep sub-contractors busy
the company work to make customer happy with quality job, and sub-contractors very polite,all work performed by subs, delivery to the customer need be 100% quality, executed by construction expert.
Franchise job, hard to make money in a business with a lot of state regulations.
A lot of state regulations. I needed to pay Workers comp insurance, liability insurance extra automobile insurance. Generally a lot of expences for a competitive business.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Customer satisfaction is top priority
This company does a great job at earning repeat business by keeping customer service as a top priority. The overall environment of the company is friendly and the staff is quite knowledgeable.
Pros
Variety of tasks, meeting new people
Cons
I do not have enough work to keep me as busy as I'd like to be
Very good company to grow and build your work experience
Be focused, take steps to make your work better learn from your teammates work safely with speed to complete repairs and ask for more work always which help you to move up in the company
It’s a good place to work in
Really good working there good communication . You do a lot of different work move from one place to another use a lot of different tools overall it’s a good place to work
Good guys and a flexible work schedule
I recommend working with this franchise. The owner was always approachable and actually listened to my ideas and feedback. He often asked how things were going and kept a positive attitude.
Gone anyway
The franchise didnt make it long
Heard it went under

Feel bad but it could have been better

Dont know what happen to it but the job definatley was for people with own clients to make money
great place to work
Freedom to do jobs base off the knowledge of your craft. A very diverse group of people. Got to do a couple of partnered jobs were i learned new things.
Poor work conditions
Negative work environment. Not the best owner. Kind of clueless at how to run the place. Can't keep the craftsman hired because they get sick of the place and of the lack of work. Too many broken promises, poor job planning, lies to employees and customers on a daily basis, low pay. So many negative things, this is just a tiny portion. Don't waste your time
No advancement
Job was pretty straight forward, Customer Based, there were no chance to advance, left Management was 1 person, and there was no chance of Overtime, there was no set policy for days and time off. No Benifits
Pros
Same Song and Dance everyday
Cons
No benifits, no advancement
Poor compensation
Company had a 60/40 split by the time you priced job was to high to get most jobs owners thought they were being robbed.Most you could make was $20 hour using your tools and truck also owner wanted you to stand behind work for a year.No pay for doing all his estimates for him and also wanted 40% markup on Overall all bad experience material O
Overview
Very comfortable job. The boss lets us work due to our experience. He is aware of the job that is being done and pays close attencion to the customers requests.
No Pros with this company!!
The hardest part of this job was working with one of the owners.The first two months were great however somehow the vibes changed within mgmt/owners thereafter. The last straw was when the owner threw a trash bag on my desk and demanded that I take out the trash. I left the company without providing my 2 weeks notice and I did not get my full check of all my hours that worked. I was shorted on my hours. This was the first job that I ever had where I had to learn a system on my own but after 3 weeks of strugging, I finally got it. I believe Management needs alot of training. I also tried to have a filing system instead of sorting threw many copies but that went out the window. No consistency in work flow.
Pros
Cons
Poor communication, no benefits, no paid time off, Mgmt will not speak to irrate customers due to the poor work of their contracts
Handyman
Work hard not giving up on job get it done I have did work for many people I like helping people did many people great work try me out will get ur job done
Owner
No benefits or 401k looking for a stable company with paid holidays and retirement benefits and health insurance if possible! Changing my life and location for the better!
Help yourself
owner as I remember was the person said I choose you from any other craftsman and He was friendly. He said congratulation to me. would start work here. I suggested I would work for 2 days first if he likes my performance. by the way Because he talked about good things and good man and god was one of main reason to trusted him. And after that 2 days test I left my previous job and disconnect my business relationship from any other names even my own.I wanted to heard the word that they like my job and then I can leave my other jobs. I trusted him but that is start with no projects. he talked hourly but he act as percentage of the project. There wasn't something to do . and other teams member being indifferent. I talked to person she accepted phone calls ( he mentioned I need to work with her) and any others about it but it was like natural to not have any project. I try to not bother anyone by repeating my request and talked with the owner about it . But he was always on meeting. I was disappointed and I figure out that I made bad decision (very sad). until He allowed me to talk with him. He said you have to make appointment and he promised again that I will work 40 hrs a week and . I did my best to make the name for them. And I told them that I can't do bigger project than my car. Because I was limited to carry materials and trashes. I worked Hard and Honest and I take care of both customer and the company. Estimates wasn't fit by following building codes. and I couldn't do bad work for customer but Estimates wasn't good enough that they do. I lived with a lots of stress and - more...
Flexible schedules
worked part time as a helper, great experience on learning how to take care of ones home. Hardest part of the job is the physical aspect, hard on the body. that being said very rewarding when able to see what has been completed.
Great Management!!!
I learned a lot from the master plumber that works for that company. I in fact was blessed enough to have been his apprentice so I could get a better understanding for that kind of work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Handyman Connection. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8