Handyman Connection Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to work!
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 13, 2018
Very good! people was very nice!
I learned a lot from the works...
Was really good to me!
It was a very good work place!
In the summer because of the heat!!
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
30 min break 3 time a day
Great place to work lots of skills learned on the job
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAMay 8, 2018
If you want a place you can count on being around for the long run this is the place to start if your experienced or just starting out theres a place for you. They really strive to bring out the best in every one great place to work.
Pros
Always chance for advancment
Good company, Bad management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 13, 2017
Managements is not very good. Attitudes all the time. Very stressful work environment. A typical day at work was always the same. Come in & expect almost the same thing everyday. Whether its dealing with customers of craftsmen. Hardest part of the job is not getting much help when you ask questions.
Pros
Luches
Cons
Great for people that only work for fun
Craftsman (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 1, 2017
They don't pay you for estimates, which consists of 90% of your time/schedule.
They advertise $1200.00 per week as a base pay rate but that's only if you're actually doing the work and getting 40+ hours doing it.
I quit a full-time construction job because I thought they would keep me busy and give me the advertised base pay per week. I'm only taking in about a quarter of that.
I'm quitting if they can't get their act together and going back to my previous employer.
This company is great for the retired Craftsman or high school student that doesn't mind making less than $300 a week and paying for their own gas and vehicle expenses.
No health, life, disability, dental, retirement, or vision benefits either.
Pros
Freedom to pick your scheduled hours and do thing you might enjoy.
Cons
Everything else related to this company
Good work but no benefits
Craftsman (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor,MIJuly 31, 2017
Very good management with good compensation and flexibility. However there are currently no benefits offered. No training is offered so experience is required.
Small workplace with few employees. Great Atmosphere
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOApril 27, 2017
A typical day would consist of going over overnight calls that came in and then taking orders for customers as they come in and dispatching men to job
nice nice nice nice nice great co-workers, love love love location, friendly enviroment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 7, 2016
setting up work orders, calling customers, data entry,filing
orientation, advertisement, check deposits
small office environment, great co-workers
to discipline disgruntle contractor
customers and co-workers
Great customers, negative work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 19, 2016
I worked with Handyman Connection for 4 months & have never felt so less of myself. The GM was very rude & controlling. Didn't really get the accurate help I needed when I asked. All I got was a smart response that made me fell less of what I am. My co workers were great. Really nice people & helped when asked. The owner was great. The hardest part of this job was getting talked to so rudely, like I was unable to understand what was being said to me. The most enjoyable part of my job was the customers I spoke with. They were always so nice & understanding. They always made me smile even when I was having a bad day.
Pros
Lunches, breaks
Cons
Negative work environment
Very Good atmosphere to work around
independent contractor (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, West Sacramento, Stockton and Tracy,CAJanuary 12, 2016
I like working at The Handyman Connection because you get to work for a great person. He will teach you everything you need to know about construction. He is a good mentor and a good boss. He is the owner of The Handyman Connection. I recommend anyone to work for this company.
Interesting Service
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2016
Loved working with customers, and managing an office and others.
Knew how to do reference and background checks and interview. However, learned how to place wanted ads, and perform group orientation sessions. Learned to manage a team and do AP/AR duties.
Loved working with the entire team.
The owners were very good to work for. Very professional, caring and understanding. Had a lot of trust in me and I never let them down.
There were no hard part to this job, except I worked some half-Saturdays.
I loved the entire aspect of my duties and responsibilities.
Pros
Owner bought lunches and dinners. Was very professional and caring at the same time.
Cons
Was sold to another, so I didn't want to go with the new owner.
Great learning experience
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 17, 2014
Great group of people to work with; I learned a lot about home construction/remodel. I also learned how to lay ceramic tile while working here.
Pros
Free snacks and coffee
Cons
Nepitism rampant
This was small office 4 people
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJune 15, 2014
Hired in as a Customer Service Rep and promoted shortly after to Manager. The owners of the franchise had full confidence in me and stayed home most days while I ran the office. I loved the elderly couple I worked for. I think of them often
Pros
The freedom of managing my own office
Cons
No healthcare
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 6, 2014
Hours are good as well as the co-workers and management. Hardest part of the job is dealing with customers when the work that is completed is not up to their standards. Most enjoyable part is when the customer is pleased with the work and they are happy. I have honed my organizational skills while working here and that would probably be the biggest thing that I have taken away from this position.
Good company, not enough work
Handyman (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 21, 2014
If I received a call that morning, I would travel to location, access work to be done, make a bid, if accepted I would ussually try to do the job that day, some times over several days. It would also including shopping for materials. Every job was different, some hard, some easy, sometimes a learning experience, which is why I have so many skills. The hardest part was waiting days between jobs, not knowing when the next one would come. The best part was the pay was great, just seldom.
Pros
diversity and pay.
Cons
Unsteady work.
Great to the employees, treated me with respect & they had great promotional programs.
Handyman (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 17, 2013
An Excellent company to work for. If I had not bought a home in the High Desert, I would still be working there.
Pros
great promotions and family environment
Cons
some slow periods from time to time but over all a great company to work for.
A great place to work!
Craftsman (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 3, 2013
A great place to work with a diversity of duties. I've learned many new job skills.
Franchise Ownership
Owner/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 11, 2013
Working for them was really great. It was a franchise, so as the owner, I was able to run my office as I saw fit.
Productive environment
Sub-Contractor (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NYDecember 17, 2012
Handyman Connection generates sales/ work leads for its participances. They provided a great opportunity of learning the legal aspects of contract writing.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
low commission percentage
Small company, many contractors.
craftsman (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJuly 23, 2012
Call office for appointment Schedule, meet and discuss work needing to be done, call office for price, do the work required to fulfill contract. management had incentive programs to get more out of selling but with the ammount of contractors it was hard to get enough work to keep me busy. The hardest part of job was selling my work for twice the price. I really enjoyed seeing the customers faces when something is fixed right
Pros
nice people
Cons
not enough work for the amount of contractors
Great Place to work
General Home Repair (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 2, 2012
I was able to perfect my skills while on this assignment. No problems with co-workers or management. I enjoyed by time with this company.