Hanesbrands Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 916 reviews matching the search See all 1,001 reviews
It was good place
Fork Life Operator (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCOctober 17, 2018
Good work place and good hours and pay they sometimes let u off of work and they they are nice and help u out with stuff that u need answers for and help each other out
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ellenton, FLOctober 16, 2018
It was an enjoyable place to work. I always enjoyed interacting with my fellow employees. It was fun and enjoyable. The hours and pay were fair. Workload was fair.
I liked my job. Good place to work
Picker (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCOctober 16, 2018
Good place to work. Good pay. Good benefits. Just wished they would work better with you when or if something came up. Sometimes they give you points for stuff they shouldn't give them to you for
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short breaks
Stable and secure
ELR Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rural Hall, NCOctober 11, 2018
I enjoyed my position while working with this company. The management in the call center was always courteous, and respectful of the employees and company clients. Although, career advancement is slow paced, and can take a couple decades. I would recommend this company for anyone in customer service. Who is looking for stable and secure employment.
Hard to say
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAOctober 11, 2018
How do you love your job and hate your job at the same time? That's how I felt. I loved alot of the people I worked with and alot of the customers but management was very unfair and refused to change it knowing how everyone felt about it.
productive but not very fast paced
packer (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, AROctober 11, 2018
you could wear apporiate clothing no uniform. management is ok. i never got a raise after working my 6 months or so. people there were alright..the most hardest part was making sure the panty hoes didnt have holes or any little thing on them...the most enjoyable thing was when i worked out back in the warehosue in shipping it was quiet.
Good first job possibly
Order Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rural Hall, NCOctober 11, 2018
Very strict on time in your seat with headset on for calls. Tenured coworkers obviously most important here. Management only does assigned tasks. No frills. No personal interaction. Worst job I've ever had!
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Breaks only as required by law, many hours sitting in same spot, rude mgrs and coworkers
I no longer like my job poor management
Order Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 10, 2018
A typical day at work is always changing something. I learned nothing.
Management could be better consider what employees need.
Rude people.
Trying to work around side stock .
Clocking out to go home.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Short break
It's a sweat shop
Box Sorter (Former Employee) –  Laurel Hill, NCOctober 9, 2018
I worked there. It is a sweat shop. I was lied to about what I would be doing to start. Fork lift driver to box sorter. Another guy beside me was also supposed to be a forklift driver. After a few months he was still sorting boxes and wasnt hired for a permanent job so he could get the full pay. Boxes by the thousands.. 8.50 per hour. You get two 15 minute breaks per shift. 10 hr shifts 7 days a week. No training or explaination of your job duties. Very high turnover rate. They cant keep workers there. The job is a nightmare. My first day the supervisor put an Enforcer on me.. I was ready to fight this guy. No cellphones with cameras allowed because of the environment and conditions. They dont want it getting out. That was a red flag. Its like the Night of the Living Dead in that factory...
Factory Work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, AROctober 8, 2018
The job itself is pretty good if you get the right position but some of the management is unprofessional. Not letting negative people get involved with your work helps.
Fantastic company! I loved this job!
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 4, 2018
Working as a field merchandiser at HBI was my dream job. I loved working with the customers and the stores I covered. The gratitude from the customers I fitted was so gratifying. The merchandise is well made, priced right and an industry leader. Each store I worked in was very appreciative of my customer service and merchandising skills.
My DM has a vast wealth of product and merchandising knowledge that she willingly shared. One of the most professional managers I’ve ever worked for.
Pros
industry leader, brand recognition, grateful customers, meaniful work, outstanding management, appreciative retail stores, great pay
Cons
Full time positions not available
Has its ups and downs
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCSeptember 28, 2018
We have a fast pace and a slow time.. Peak times r very complicated... It can be fun... But there is alot of drama .. You have that at any place to work at..
Hanesbrands
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Laurel Hill, NCSeptember 26, 2018
Hanes have good worker but they pay Rate need to go up 8.25 To be shipping or anywhere Where else in any corporation. take out the freezer fresh cook food .
Continuous Improvement Culture
Continuous Improvement Manager (LEAN-SIX SIGMA) (Current Employee) –  El Salvador Textile PlantSeptember 25, 2018
A day of work at Hanesbransds includes having clear objectives, I have learned that the intention to improve continuously is part of the culture, the managers are focused on achieving results in a systematic way and the work areas have high standards, I enjoy those details in the company because that generation of culture is my goal in the area under which I am responsible.
Pros
Respect for every people
Cons
limited opportunities for salary increases for those of us who are trained in the company
Materials Planner (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 21, 2018
Solid community, and benefits made for a very enjoyable first job. enormous opportunities for additional education provided by the company as well as a charitable attitude towards the community.
Good work enviroment
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCSeptember 21, 2018
Enjoyed going to work and enjoyed my job. Wasn't too hard or anything. Easy to learn with not having any experience. Willing to cross train employees for different areas.
Pros
Had a cookout for employees
Cons
Only 2 20 minute breaks a shift
great place of employment
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Perris, CASeptember 20, 2018
I ENJOYED IT! the co workers were okay. some didnt know any english and were leads, i didnt like that part because if we had questions or concerns, they werent able to help!
Multinational company
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 18, 2018
Global company, leader in the Basics category of clothing. Long term plan is growth by acquisition, which means we're constantly absorbing new companies. Integration never goes like it's supposed to, so there's typically a lot of confusion, silos within the company, and high stress. If you are comfortable in a constantly-shifting environment, you will appreciate Hanesbrands.
Pros
Dedication to community service, constant projects to reduce waste / consumption, excellent onsite amenities at Corporate (gym, lake, walking trails, dry cleaners, credit union, doctor's office, cafeteria)
Cons
Frequent changes of direction by senior leadership, unrealistic goals for departments, completely understaffed in every department
It's cool, it's job security. Sometimes we have a little slow time,
Customer Service Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCSeptember 18, 2018
It's an okay place to work... Its okay to work here, sometimes long days and sometimes no work days, we get down time sometimes. But overall it's job security.
Pros
job security
Cons
down time
Some days were faster paced than others
Key Carrier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GASeptember 17, 2018
While some days were faster paced than others, there was always some work to be done. The main goal was customer satisfaction even if we had to send them to a different Hanes location or process an online order for the customer or price match an online rate in store. You learn the value of teamwork, being on time and consistent, as well as patience. I loved then interaction and helping customers (even the difficult ones). Hands on customer service is lacking in most retail experience and Hanes is all about going "above and beyond" to give customers a good experience even if they don't find what they need, they become repeat customers for future purchases as well. Management works side by side with hourly employees doing the same work as everyone else as well as our own required office duties/paperwork. I loved all the girls I worked with and the real sense of family during difficulties and celebrations. The hardest part was leaving this job. Unfortunately I had no room left to advance at the time and needed full-time work and better pay. I really loved working there.
Pros
A real teamwork environment, ability to voice concerns and actually be heard, snacks, fun competitions between stores
Cons
short breaks, pay caps out unless there's advancement opportunities available

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hanesbrands. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight