Hanesbrands Employee Reviews

Found 982 reviews matching the search See all 1,072 reviews
Great Place to Work - Leader in Benefits (not pay)
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  NCMarch 21, 2019
HBI is a great place to work. Jobs are not as secure as the "Sara Lee Days" but are fairly secure most years.

Not much advancement opportunity but this is apparel not tech.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Advancement limited
hanes
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCMarch 20, 2019
Hanes is a very fast paced job... their hours vary so you are not guaranteed 40 hours a week and it is also based off production... it is a nice place to work
Fun work place
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 19, 2019
Overall the work we did, Hanes Brand had there fun time like we got to talk when there was no work available. We also got free food if only we got the job finished on time.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Nothing to say
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Laurel Hill, NCMarch 15, 2019
Dont care to say anything it wasn't a good job experience it wasnt a good job surrounding it wasn't a good learning experience
I would not recommend anyone i knw to work here because i feel they could find jobs tgat are more worth there time and energy
Good place to work for when they have work and hours. Being on production means you are on the go all day long.
Distribution Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCMarch 14, 2019
Get a pull cart and pick up your order. Get the right amount of boxes you will need for your order. Put labels on and sync to cart press start button. Follow location which are on a tablet connected to cart and pick merchandise. Once done tape and put on shipping belt.
A lot of celebration , one of the best place to work
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Pedro Sula, CortesMarch 12, 2019
I am so glad with Hanes Brands they trust on my skills and gave the oppotrunity to learn and been a leader for samples and Industrialization Process of new styles per season.
Pros
Free Lunch
Quality and Professional Work Experience
Team Lead, Production Art (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMarch 9, 2019
Big company that keeps a family feel. Strong work structure and departmental organization. Good, focused leadership. Fair benefits. HR policies seem a bit too restrictive at times.
Not a bad place
Dye Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, ARMarch 6, 2019
I've worked for Hanes for nearly 9 years. For most of the time there, I have enjoyed my co-workers and the job itself. Most of the work there is relatively simple for the compensation. Benefits are pretty good as well, if youre single with no family.
Pros
Paid breaks, decent people
Cons
Little advancement
Trainers and supervisors great, upper management in VAS very unprofessional
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Laurel Hill, NCMarch 3, 2019
I enjoyed working there, the work was fairly easy. The hrs. were a little iffy around Thanksgiving and Christmas, some weeks I didn't even get 30, but that wasn't the norm, it was just the slow season for them. All of the trainers and supervisors were great. The only person I had a problem with was the dept. head in VAS. Very rude to the employees. Talked to people like they were totally stupid on a regular basis. If you attempted to speak to her, she would roll her eyes, turn her back on you and walk off!! Very unprofessional
Pros
good supervisors and trainers
Cons
Poor upper management rude and unprofessional
Large corporate and diverse organization
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJMarch 1, 2019
Typical day at work consist of daily bank and credit card reconciliations, checking emails and voice mails from clients and colleagues to solve problems.

I worked closely with CFO who was a female and very good at her job. She was also good at training and developing people as well.

Workplace culture was a very open environment. we all worked in cubicles and only the VP's had offices.

hardest part of the job was not being pigeon held to your positions and responsibilities. Most enjoyable part of the job was engaging with a group of bright and diverse colleagues daily.
Good place to work but horribly managed.
Head Fixer B (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, ARFebruary 28, 2019
Shift work with mostly great people but managers and supervisors where terrible when I left. Mostly enjoyed working there but am glad I went to college and moved on.
Pros
People, Pay, and Benefits
New management
Customer Associate (Current Employee) –  Nags Head, NCFebruary 25, 2019
New management. Worked there for 9 years part time and recent management makes job more stressful than needs to be. It is now just as stressful as my full time job. I am considering going elsewhere. Only benefits are the discount and other associates are wonderful to work with.
Also they took away a lot of other perks like yearly raise and other incentives. Hanes is beginning to be a greedy company to work for :(
Pros
Discount
Cons
New management, becoming stressful
advancement nearly 0 chance
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rural Hall, NCFebruary 23, 2019
very stressful job and keeps getting worse keep adding extra things to do with no compensation was told i wont get anymore raises and my pay could go down
Hard work good benefits
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 22, 2019
Strenuous, dirty,smelly and hot work at times. Pretty demanding at full production rate. Management treated employees fairly well. Workers did enjoy good benefits clothing shoe allowance, company dinners.
Pros
benefits, some employees
Cons
People, early hours
Good place to start for a new job not the best place to finish as a career
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulalip, WAFebruary 22, 2019
Management was inconsistent and there was a lot back biting and bullying. Store manager showed favoritism and didn’t hold to her word. There was quite a bit of help and support from the assistant manager at the Hanes store and on some projects like display I was incouraged to use my creativity.
Pros
Flexible schedule
wouldn't recommend
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCFebruary 21, 2019
You have to go through temp agencies they pay you way less than what the people that are actually on with the company makes.
They never buy contracts out to be on with actual company.
No benefits
No feeling of stability with the job.
No advancement
Shipping Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCFebruary 20, 2019
It was a decent place to work, but the poor management has made it unbearable. It's at the point where everyone is being treated like children. Morale is at an all time low and people are leaving as soon as they can.
Layoffs are a fact of life
Sr. Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 19, 2019
HanesBrands prefers to lay off rather than retrain its employees. Any training will be done on the employees time, rather than company time. It also has a history of requiring more that 40 hrs per week from the IT staff.
Quiet Work Environment
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSFebruary 13, 2019
It's very laid back, but it's too much drama. It's alot of she say and back and ford. If your young and working you will get the most backlash versus someone who is older or an adult. You tend to learn alot about bras and panties and the people you work with.
Pros
discounts
Cons
cut hours mostly due to uncle sam
Sales focused and no IT focus at-all
IT Group Leader/Mgr. (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 13, 2019
Company does not recognize the importance of IT, hence outdated code continues to run and not a good grip on SKUs. Because IT is ignored by business, no development opportunities are offered in IT.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hanesbrands. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight