Haney Truck Line Employee Reviews

drove truck
Truck Driver and Daily Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAFebruary 13, 2019
they hired me to drive a 4 axle truck with hours and i didn't get them. i drove to oregon and back when they had work for me to do. i had to find another job that would give me hours
wonderful
Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAAugust 3, 2018
Haney truck line was an amazing company to work for. The management cared about the employees and gave what was needed to succeed. Wonderful company. Great
Great leaening experience
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJune 30, 2018
Ran heavy haul trailers all over the Northwest region. A lot of sitting and waiting for trailers to be loaded or unloaded. Kept out on the road longer than what originally discussed.
Downsized due to a corporate purchase
Director of Accounting & Finance (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJune 14, 2018
They were a struggling company owned by a large Private Equity firm. They were too debt ridden to be successful. Great support team and a stable working environment.

New ownership consolidated all of the management positions with existing managers in a remote location and terminated the rest.
Poor management
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAMay 19, 2018
The company has so much potential but management was myopic and failed to track basic and fundamental business indexes. they failed to listen employee feedback.
No comments
Heavy Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAApril 13, 2018
No comments. This company has a lot of work improvement regarding treatment of Drivers and the overall culture of the organization. I have nothing further to say.
Ok
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAApril 5, 2018
Was ok place to work just would like more home time maybe better dispatchers better equipment trailers tractors better road service better communication through dispatchers
Pros
Got miles
Cons
Gone alot
Truck drivers know that if a trucking company has issues... it's usually because of the disconnect between them and their assigned drivers.
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WA/Sumner, WAMarch 19, 2018
In short... Mismanagement and unsupervised dispatchers.

Not enough miles and too many reset days away from home.

Poor performing tractors with consistent mechanical problems.
Pros
Fair per mile rate ($.40 / mile)
Cons
Not enough miles as promised. I averaged 1400 miles per week.
good company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAMarch 1, 2018
This was my first over the road job. They gave me the chance to become a OTR driver. Management was concerned about the employees. I was involved in a head on accident and they took great care to make sure I was ready to come back to work afterwords.
Cons
short miles
Was an awesome place until Wilson Logistics took over..
Parts Technician (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAFebruary 8, 2018
I loved working here! Yes there were some problems as there always is with any job, but I never wanted to leave. This was my dream job. Until it was taken over by Wilson Logistics... a shark company that made false promises... they completely gutted the whole company.
Pros
Eat while working. Full time. Great people. Fun and entertaining atmosphere. Great hours.
Cons
Wilson Logistics owned. Poor money management. Bubblegum and duct tape mentality.
Made for single people
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WA 98901February 5, 2018
I was almost never home on the weekdays. And had short weekends, not a good way for a family man to live. The supervisors were not very accommodating.
Good enroment
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 17, 2017
A good environment to work in. Really good relations with fellow drivers and staff. decent equipment to work with. Home at least two days a when on the road. Home each night doing local work out of Portland, OR.

I have recommended this company to other drivers.
Too many short runs
Heavy Haul Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WASeptember 23, 2017
Not as many miles as desired
Keep changing the whole structure as to way things are done
Your miles depend on which dispatcher you get
Can't Keep mechanic
Wasn't a bad place to work until owner change
Pros
Be home regularly
Cons
Poor benifits
I'd rather not write one
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Tumwater, WASeptember 13, 2017
There are a few people at Haney that are amazing people, however there are others that are less than professional and they are known to not be totally honest when questioned about another employee who is looking for employment elsewhere.
Poor pay poor place to work
Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 7, 2017
No advancement like promised no respect from management for skills provided. Very bad insurance lack of safety low pay not even competitive. Very bad equipment
Pros
Pto
Cons
Manegment low pay
Lowest pay
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 20, 2017
Lowest pay in the industry, poor management, high employee turnover. The only good thing working there is that it's a no touch freight job at most customers.
heavy haul truck driving northwest
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAAugust 3, 2017
older trucks unless you have worked for them ten years or more. basic pay not heavy haul pay. positive though you can be home every weekend. pretty relaxed to let you do your own planning your routes and stops.
Pros
home weekends, open routes
Cons
low pay, old trucks
New Hire Review
Line Haul Driver out of Sumner Wa (Current Employee) –  Sumner WaJuly 2, 2017
I have been with the company two weeks at the time of this post. I will give you the overall rundown of what I have learned thus far.

Day 1 though 4 Nice Hotel to stay in. Breakfast provided. Lunch provided each day consisist of a nice sandwich and fruit and water. The first night Ie Moday they take everyone out to Bob's Burger and order what ever you want you pay for achohol if you want it.

Orentation
You will already have your medical card and cdl when you get there. They do not take new drivers in winter but will take them in the summer. Things you need to know. just get a 100' take measure with a hook on it you will need it for your job. A nice tire gauge as well.

Do YOUR PAPER WORK before you come will save you a ton of time.

You will need to know your state pretrip by heart. They test it. I have been driving 5 years haven't had to do that pretrip since i got my cdl. You must pass it. If you don't know about bridge law for trucks they will teach you but will help you a ton though orientation. Other than that its basic backing and such very easy.

You get 100 dollars just for showing up on day two. After your first load you get 250 just for doing it.

Equiptment.

Its old to new. But well maintained. Yakama Yard maintenance is top notch. Volvo's , kenworths, peterbilt, and freightliner. NO Pets allowed, No invertors allowed unless its 12vt plug in. No they don't have fridges.

They cover mosting three states. Oregon, Washington, Idaho, They also go to Montana, Utah and Canada ( a little). The trips are mostly 150 to 300 miles but you don't
  more... stop. You get a preplan soon as you get one load. I have been driving for 8 days and already over 3000 miles. You are home every weekend or close to. You don't have to but unlike other companies you have to tell them you want to work or friday you get a load to your home terminal for the weekend.

Terminals
ALL THE TERMINALS have the ability to straight back in turn a cartwheel in them. They are all nice size.

You get paid for drop and hooks (line haul 95%) , You get paid to touch a dock period load and unload 25 bucks. Lots of other little here and there.

Bonus Program is crazy nice. Just know you can get up to 5000 k a quarter after you are fully vested.

Remember when you read all this. I am new to the company so right now I haven't seen anything horrible. Management all of it is able to be approached if they can't help you they get to the right person.
Pros
Home Time, Good pay, Great maintenance
Cons
Equiptment is Old Like OLD OLD
Poor
Freight Account Manager- Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Tumwater, WAApril 18, 2017
They are not a good company with problems in management they had no directions nor did anyone want to be the one to give it direction. I do not think the CEO was aware of Haney's logistic issues , I would not give all people a bad review with Haney.
Cons
Just not a great place to work anymore
Driver (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAMarch 10, 2017
This used to be a good company. Since being purchased by an investment company they have done nothing but suck the money out of this place. The dispatchers don't really care about the drivers. Several times I've had to cancel doctor appointments and delay my vacation time because dispatch couldn't (or wouldn't) get me back to my home terminal. The trip summary papers from payroll have been changed so many times that now I'm not sure if I'm getting paid for all the miles I drive. The bonus program has changed 3 times in the last five years. No compensation for longevity.
Pros
The shops really try hard to keep trucks repaired
Cons
Mediocre pay. Only average about 400 miles a day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Haney Truck Line. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5