Hanger, Inc. Employee Reviews

Highly ethical and patient focused company.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 14, 2019
Good management, good place to work. They employ about 3,500 people, including more than 1,080 prosthetic and orthotic practitioners. They are patient and employee centered.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Experience may vary by location and manager.
DME department was not good
Office Administrator, Revenue Cycle (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 13, 2019
Hanger bit off more than they could chew when acquiring DME companies. They had no plan for staffing changes with the influx of accounts received. This is why Hanger closed the DME portion of their business.
sales position with very small raises given rarely
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 11, 2019
Working for Hanger in their retail store is good, but they don't give raises very often even when taking on extra tasks, not in your job description like shipping and receiving. Management is great, but those higher above them give them little control over your pay. The manager is even under paid.
Pros
flexible hours and reliable. perfect when in school
Cons
no progression in pay or position
To many cheifs. Not enough workers
Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 4, 2019
Very busy, but they were always short on techs. Management did
not rehire Quick enough. They hire temps to fill in. people that in
the lab were very nice.
Pros
keeps you busy
Cons
not owning to what they promise
opportunity for growth in comany
CCO Specialist (Northern CA) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 1, 2019
Learned alot at my time with Hanger 10 yrs of service. There is alot of opportunity for growth in the company and lots of communication with the management team.
I loved what what we do for our patients
SENIOR SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 31, 2019
We empower our patients, the community and our team.
• Recognized for exceeding cash collection targets YOY, $14 million monthly cash flow
• Served as the SME and go to person for all coding and billing processes
• Supervised collections office personnel which includes work allocation, training, and being available for staff needs; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance
• Researched and problem solved billing process, claims and appeals for government and commercial payers
• Reviewed and researched payer EOB’s for approval of patient/payer refunds and adjustment over $500, in accordance to policy/procedures as outlined in Hanger SOP
• Applied in-depth knowledge of the industry standard billing rules to investigate and resolve problems related to outstanding insurance and patient accounts, utilizing knowledge of HCPC, ICD-9 and ICD-10
• Generated reports, reviewed and retrieved data, documented and analyzed payer trends and trends in the field
• Ensured compliance and established company policies and programs, as well as complied with department business rules and SOP’s
• Facilitated and organized weekly and monthly team meetings
Pros
Work from home with flexible schedule, good pay, benefits
Cons
direct Managements lack of planning for success
national patient care corp with localized clinics
Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAJanuary 28, 2019
Corp structure is still being established. Local practices run rather autonomously. More like a franchise but without any compensation for incentive. Good educational support. Each practice and specific clinician will offer different patient experience and outcomes.
Pros
stable income and benefits
Cons
corporate levels disconnected from local practices
Work/Life Balance?
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 28, 2019
Hours were long and intense. Too exhausted for regular social and fitness activities. Many of the employees were good people, but a couple of members of the management team made it hard to want to go to work.
Pros
Centrally located in Austin near restaurants/retail.
Cons
Need to be available on nights/weekends to keep up with emails and last-minute schedule changes.
Doesn't value loyalty
Senior Clinic Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJanuary 26, 2019
I was discharged without explanation after over 22 years of loyal service. Plus I have been recovering from breast cancer and had both breasts removed and reconstructive. I believe where 1 door closes, another one opens.
Pros
Didn't have to pay for any orthotic devices.
Cons
Didn't feel like I was valuable or cared about.
Detail doctors and hospitals
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2019
Detail doctors and hospitals for prosthetic and orthotic needs. Attend cases at various clinics to insure patient satisfaction. Write protocol's for various clinics depending on issues relating to service for devices.
Pros
Helping people get back to living life
Working with patients
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 15, 2019
I've never worked for the medical field which this was a great experience. Theres so much more that comes with working in the medical field, meeting the patients requirements and pleasing them was way different but love the idea of helping others.
Okay place to work
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2019
Staff and management are good just too unorganized and busy. They don’t mind over working you for little pay. The patients are always coming in which is good for business but they are understaffed.
Great Environment
CAD Drafter/Design Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 12, 2019
I feel privileged to work in this company as it leads to internal development. We have wonderful team to work. We had worked in all kinds of environment.
Great Job, Management not so much.
Senior Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 7, 2019
Job would be great if management would left you do your job. Before I could get anything done, I was questioned at least 5 times, all while running the entire office. If you are given the opportunity to work, before being question and stopped to look at something else, the job would be ideal. Management likes to say this is priority, but when everything become priority, how do you prioritize.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 13, 2018
This company is a food place to work. The benefits and salary are nice and the people are friendly. The patients are the best part though, working with the patients is amazing.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Office politics
Poor management
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVDecember 11, 2018
I was hired in as a temp to hire and was let go after a week over coming into work “too early” and not requesting to be paid for it. Very poor management.
Good company
Prosthetist/Orthotist Practitioner (CPO) (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIDecember 9, 2018
Work environment is good but salary is low. Chances of improvement is low. Lot of internal politics. If you want to stay in low salary you can spend whole life here.
Pros
Good for new starter
Cons
Less salary
Loved working with the doctor, patients and other office's employees.
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCNovember 21, 2018
Best job ever. There was only 1 doctor in the practice, and he was awesome. We communicated quite well. I did a job of 2 to 3 people. Working solo had advantages; I always knew what paperwork was done for each patient when I was asked. A lot of patients were elderly, veterans or very young. I would laugh and cry with them. I learned there story behind their amputation and made friends, who I continue to talk to. Unfortunately, I got sick and missed a lot of work. Me being the only front office employee, my absence wasn't tolerated. I was let go. I understand and have no hard feelings. I would work there again.
Pros
In charge of front office, had an awesome doctor to work with, received free orthotics, met some wonderful people
Cons
Low pay, long commute
Liked working in an single office
Orthotic and Mastectomy Fitter (Board Certified) (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYNovember 9, 2018
Liked taking care of patients and helping them out. Did multiple tasks. Worked my way up to a practioner for over 18years of medical experience Bonuses where good when received. Pay raises not so much. Patient care number one
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Pay raise
Interesting place to work
Cash Research Processor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 16, 2018
Learned a different way of process regarding medical billing, reimbursement. Too corporate, lots of executive management turn over, which in turn related to newer "greater" processes implemented by new mgmt...
Pros
Lunches, overtime
Cons
Mgmt, indecisive work flow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hanger, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight