Hanger, Inc. Employee Reviews

Poor management
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVDecember 11, 2018
I was hired in as a temp to hire and was let go after a week over coming into work “too early” and not requesting to be paid for it. Very poor management.
Good company
Prosthetist/Orthotist Practitioner (CPO) (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIDecember 9, 2018
Work environment is good but salary is low. Chances of improvement is low. Lot of internal politics. If you want to stay in low salary you can spend whole life here.
Pros
Good for new starter
Cons
Less salary
Loved working with the doctor, patients and other office's employees.
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCNovember 21, 2018
Best job ever. There was only 1 doctor in the practice, and he was awesome. We communicated quite well. I did a job of 2 to 3 people. Working solo had advantages; I always knew what paperwork was done for each patient when I was asked. A lot of patients were elderly, veterans or very young. I would laugh and cry with them. I learned there story behind their amputation and made friends, who I continue to talk to. Unfortunately, I got sick and missed a lot of work. Me being the only front office employee, my absence wasn't tolerated. I was let go. I understand and have no hard feelings. I would work there again.
Pros
In charge of front office, had an awesome doctor to work with, received free orthotics, met some wonderful people
Cons
Low pay, long commute
Liked working in an single office
Orthotic and Mastectomy Fitter (Board Certified) (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYNovember 9, 2018
Liked taking care of patients and helping them out. Did multiple tasks. Worked my way up to a practioner for over 18years of medical experience Bonuses where good when received. Pay raises not so much. Patient care number one
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Pay raise
Interesting place to work
Cash Research Processor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 16, 2018
Learned a different way of process regarding medical billing, reimbursement. Too corporate, lots of executive management turn over, which in turn related to newer "greater" processes implemented by new mgmt...
Pros
Lunches, overtime
Cons
Mgmt, indecisive work flow
Outside sales position, self starter, home based, road warrior
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2018
A typical day as a BDM for Hanger clinic is getting out into the medical community 90% of the time during the week and building relationships with medical professional, IE: Surgeons, Physicians, Therapists, hospital systems (contracting efforts). We utilized a CRM (Salesforce.com) that required daily input, and the metric put on the BDM was to see 8 current or prospective referral sources/clients per day. Other reporting and data responsibilities also include quarterly reviews of Hanger Patient Care Centers, tracking referrals, and corporate sales reporting. The hardest part of the job is getting told no, a lot! But the yes answers come through quality, relationship building through consultative selling. The Best part of the job was knowing that I was aligning quality medical services to patients in need, and collectively achieving great outcomes for the patients who have lost a limb or need some srt of Orthopedi brace to rehab and get back to their daily life.
Pros
Free food over a lunch or breakfast meeting, work life balance
Cons
No leadership, questionable commission structure, Medical sales industry is NOT what it once was!
Fun place to work
Prosthetics and Orthotics Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Fun place to work , enjoyed working here. Great management, loved working here but just not enough money for Austin Texas living expenses............
Awful, stressful, nightmare.
Secretary and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNSeptember 23, 2018
I had to find charts for patients on that day. Very unorganized, was blamed if no chart was found. Even from years ago. Mean people. I never grew. I already knew my job. Family argued, manager nice, but I can’t say that about the others. Nothing to enjoy.
Pros
Cons
Stressful work environment. I’ll never work for a family again.
Pressure to meet numbers and push more expensive products -- directive from the very top
CPO (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 19, 2018
Although the senior management speaks in ethical messages, this is not the reality. Monthly pressures persist, with emphasis on providing patients with the most expensive but not the most medically appropriate prosthetic device. The CEO gives insulting speeches to the clinicians and berates our leaders. Culture is eroding. Lots of good people leaving.
Pros
Working with patients and restoring their quality of life
Cons
Pressure to meet numbers interferes with quality care decisions
Worked with many wonderful and helpful people
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOSeptember 19, 2018
Hanger is a great company to work for. They offer some wonderful benefits from 401k to extensive price choices in medical, dental and optical. They also offer a great bonus plan for each facility that meets their goal quota.
BEST Place to work
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXSeptember 17, 2018
My experience there was amazing!!! Yes it was stressful & you dealt with corporate every so often about production/meeting monthly numbers. But my Practice Manager was the best!!! He’s the true example of what a supervisor should be. He made stressful days pass by, he always told you how much he appreciated you as a worker. It wasn’t an office, it was a second home & he was my second family. My biggest regret was leaving to better my career. If I could go back I’d go in a heart beat!
Pros
Practice Manager, pay, patients
Cons
Monthly numbers
Large Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 10, 2018
This is a large company and some business units are better to work for than others, but if you want to serve the community and go home feeling like you made a difference in someone's life, work here.
Negative
Medical Admission Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 10, 2018
Temp to hire and very little training. Was expected to jump right into the job knowing everything. No Down time or breaks. If someone called out then you had to do their job and yours
The most enjoyable part of the job/ The hardest part of the job
Director of International Business Development (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 10, 2018
- To be able to make your own business decisions, working with many partnerships agents.
- Unbalanced Hanger businesses with poor management skills and leadership.
Pros
Helping patients to regain mobility and life quality with our technology
Cons
Reimbursement challenges
All about meeting that monthly budget and less about the patient and their well-being!
Medical Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 9, 2018
This place, at least the market that I am in, is all about money. It is definitely more about the money and less about the patients. I understand that money is essential to have the business function properly, however this place has made me feel like I work at a flea market and I am just trying to push things out of the door every month.
Management is a joke. Management expects one person do EVERYTHING and if you can't meet their unrealistic deadlines, you better hope you have a job lined up. Getting help in my office is a joke."Getting your office help isn't in the budget" or "It's not in the numbers". Constant emails that feel like harassment when it comes to the monthly budget. I have heard this famous line more than once during the last week of the month "Your under budget by X amount, see what else you can do". What more can I do? Do you want me to go tell someone to have their legs amputated so that your wallet gets a little thicker?
The corporate office as well as every other big wigs at this company needs a huge reality check. Not every amputee can run a 5K, live this luxurious lifestyle, and leave all of these fake reviews for you. How about you take a look into the life of a more realistic amputee? How about you actually care about the patient and their story for once? Instead of thinking "Oh this person would be a good candidate to show off our name everywhere, let's reach out to them and see if they will show off all of our Hanger propaganda and if it would be okay for them to be all over our Hanger sites"!! Yeah, all of that is great. But, what about that
  more... Vet who fought for our country and lives with PTSD? He struggles every month to get his bills paid and to provide for his family, if it wasn't for his prosthesis, it wouldn't be possible. Start caring more about the patient and care less about how the patient can make you look better.

Regardless of how hard you work for this company every day, the revenue that you bring in, the happy patients that you have, it will NEVER BE ENOUGH. They always want more and more, but they give less and less in return. Health insurance raised this year and the lousy merit increase decreased. I am sure the big wigs still not well over their fair share.

Lets put it this way, you are expected to put out a massive fire with a bucket of water. Steer clear of working for this company. I can't wait to get out of here.
Pros
The patients, working Monday through Friday, and good insurance
Cons
Management, pay, unrealistic deadlines, pretty much everything other than the 3 pros I listed
Terrible Management
Anything (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 7, 2018
Hanger has one of the worst management that I've ever been associated with. There is no proper training and resources available to the employees. When asked about training we were told to learn it ourselves. Stay away from this company.
Sadly Moving in the Wrong Direction
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 1, 2018
I loved this company a year ago but it is definitely headed in the wrong direction. CEO has stopped listening and is disconnected. He gives lip service to culture but his behavior and cut throat style is truly disappointing. Half of the executive leadership team has moved on in the last 6 months and their presence and influence is sorely missed. Hanger had been a family and a place where you knew people mattered. It is a shell of it's former self and the culture change is palpable. Someone needs to step up and lead. This company is nothing without its people.
Pros
Fantastic mission. Exceptional patients. Really good people who deserve better leadership.
Cons
Turnover at the highest level sign that culture is deteriorating
Great place to work!
Medical Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDAugust 30, 2018
I loved working for Hanger Clinic, the only downside working there was communication with corporate office could be lacking. Great management and a healthy atmosphere.
Administration
Adminstrator (Former Employee) –  Columbia , MOAugust 30, 2018
Dont even consider this job unless you enjoy being stressed and underappreciated and railroaded out of a job. This company fosters a hostile work environment where HR does not do anything to help your concerns but run and tell managers your confidential information. This company is all about making money at all costs and leadership should be more concerned about how employees are treated and train their local managers on how to be effective, and understand the tasks of each employee they are responsible for. Specifically, the Columbia Missouri office has experienced a high turnover rate of more than 13 adminstrative staff and 7 clinical staff members in approximately 7 years. Maybe Vinit Asar and Sam Liang should do undercover boss at that location to see what really goes on at that office. Run, and do not look back.
Pros
Cons
Horrible to work at, hostile, harrassing environment
If you can help it walk away
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 13, 2018
Hanger is a cut throat buisness the management is no exsistant ,very cliky if you are not kissing butt both patients and staff they are against you they only care about getting products out to the point of pressuring pt. to come get items they do not believe in letting you know what should be corrected very unorganized, co workers or often time very sneaky and feel that if you can do your job better than them they will sabotage you in a way so that they do not lose their position. Office politics often hinders that development of Staff members which reflect on to the patient with the disorganization of office. If you're looking for a here today gone tomorrow positions and this would be the right one for you but if you are looking for some stability along with some structure I would have I strongly against this company
Pros
Appreciative patients
Cons
Hanger in general

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hanger, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight