Hanger, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great company to work for
Area Office Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2018
very patient and mission driven and they want to promote their employees and grow their careers they also really care about making us happy while we work
Working with Hanger Clinic
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 26, 2018
I loved working for Hanger.
Things got done in a timely manner.
The Management was great but, they did not live in this State.
My co workers were very Pleasant to work with.
The company was located right off the freeway so the access was simple to get to.
The hardest part of our Job was watching someone leave unhappy. Patients left with a smile on their faces.
Pros
Working with the Public
Cons
The pay was not enough
Most Unappreciated job
Office Administrator Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 22, 2018
Management changed 4 times in 6 years with the most recent being the worst, not delivering orders on time, manager not calling patients back, I did the job of 3 plus people and still got bombarded with sometimes 30 plus emails a day for more IKS collections to work on when I was trying to do the work of 3 people already, after 6 years managers gave bad reviews after giving your all, and get a 26 cent raise. I left said revenue will plummet and stand by that. Did not appreciate me one bit. Now I see they are hiring. I would not refer anyone to be treated like I was. AOM most uneducated person I've ever met and she trains people, when theres an issue she gets other people from other offices to try to help because she does not know what shes doing. Waste of 6 years. Toxic office with severe allergens in the ceiling as well not taken care of unhealthy they don't want to spend money keep it hush hush.
Pros
Lunch hour
Cons
Manager and Area Office Manager
great place to work
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 21, 2018
I have had an awesome experience so far. Great place to learn and grow. I have enjoyed my stay so far. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Although the job can be very stressful
Productive place to work
Senior Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJMay 6, 2018
Good Management and fun place to work- Great Education and much room for growth. Good Resources and HR Department always available to discuss any concerns.
Experience
Medical Biller and Collector (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2018
Fast pace. Good learning experience. Work with several insurances. You learn something new everyday. You enjoy seeing returning patients from time to time.
No Growth
Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 20, 2018
Working here offers no room for growth and the Benefits cost more then any other company I have ever worked at, considering they are at the lower end of the pay scale as well makeit hard to invest in a future with this company
Great team work
Senior Administrator and Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 16, 2018
The team at Hanger is great and ever changing, everyone has a positive attitude and always strives to meet goals together as a team. No one is singled out.
Pros
Flexible
Learned alot about Prosthetics and Orthotics
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 15, 2018
Helped Customers get an appointment
Utilized attention to details, patients loved to have you listen to them and give them advice. I learned going thru the process of getting a prosthetic and all the emotions comes with it. We had to keep our patients in a positive environment and this job was VERY rewarding.
hard work but fulfilling
Orthotic Fitter/CMF/Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 11, 2018
8 plus hours per day depending on time of year, Most days are busy and sometimes stressful but the pay off of helping people in need makes any stress worthwhile. Management in general is better then most. Long term relationships with patients can develop which makes your job more worthwhile but can also be emotional at times. But whether it's a good or bad day you always feel as if you go home having done something to help others.
Fast paced competitive work place
Orthotic Fitter, Inventory coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAApril 6, 2018
Learned management skills, Learned to market an area to develop working relations with hospital system and physicians to provide best care for patients. Hardest part of this job was how reimbursement from insurances drove the cost shrinking of patient care to corporate cutbacks. The best part was the satisfaction of a patient being able to function everyday with the device we were able to provide or the athlete able to compete in the event they want to succeed at.
not an enjoyable place to work
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 27, 2018
would not recommend unless it works for your certification in the medical field. Work/Life balance is very poor and there is little to no reward/enoyment for hard work.
Great experience
Clinician Assistant/Care Extender (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEMarch 27, 2018
I have learned a lot about prosthetics and orthotics. I have learned how to be a team player to provide excellent patient care. I have excelled at casting and modifying braces.
Office Administration
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 26, 2018
Fast paced medical office where everyday brings new and exciting challenges. Love working with the patients and knowing our team is making a positive change in their lives. Work directly with the insurance companies to verify benefits and authorizations. Work with doctors to ensure proper care of patients.
Pros
Make a change in patients lives
Cons
Salary
Busy orthotic prosthetic practice
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMarch 20, 2018
busy and varied practice dealing with everything from off the shelf durable medical equipment to more custom fabricated orthotics and prosthetics. With proper management and simplifying job descriptions, it can be a very rewarding place to work. It is hard to always be short on employees, management not wanting to spend money to cover shortage or give proper training or lack of looking forward to how positions need to be redesigned to allow for the bursting growth make it hard for one to truly enjoy their job or wanting to take extra steps towards better customer service because it seems 1 minute extra takes way and hour working with all the other important matters/reports that need to be addressed.
Pros
A small office base
Cons
lack of management and lack of caring with corporate.
Fun and Fast Paced
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 19, 2018
Working at Hanger is fun due to the fast pace environment that it possess and it's never a dull moment with multi-line phones and accessing patients needs.
Pros
Fast Pace
Cons
No room for growth
Rewarding place to work.
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  AZMarch 18, 2018
I found Hanger to be a rewarding place to work. Don't look for advancement, if you are good at your current role you will not be moved, but if you are horrible at your current role or make a hostile work environment you will be moved up. Very backward
BILLING SPECIALIST II (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMarch 14, 2018
A typical day at work is 8 hours. Learning is ongoing. Management personnel is always a phone call away, and will reach out to get an answer to you. Workplace is typical medical office. The most enjoyable part of this job is working with a team to help people.
Pros
Patient care is priority
Interesting and fun place to work.
Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMarch 3, 2018
Made my days short due to work was never boring or the same from day to day. I loved helping people who were not able to help themselves. Great place to work. All of the staff got along very well.
Pros
Great salary and benefits
Cons
Turning the corner albeit slowly
Sr. Financial Analyst, FP&A (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 28, 2018
Talented technical folks but little to non-existent advancement planning, culture, and management skill. People do care but the legacy processes and unwillingness to change leads to very poor morale and a gloomy atmosphere.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Cost of healthcare, hours, disarray, software

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hanger, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight