Hankook Tire America Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Typical Factory Work Environment.
employee (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 18, 2018
This is a typical factory work environment. Some people have work harder to pick up the slack of others. Keep to yourself work hard and avoid typical gossip from typical factory workers and you will do fine. Great place to work but it is not for everyone.
The best thing they have to offer is that you get 14 days off a month but are still working 42 hours a week. Overtime is usually available if you want it.
Lots of positive changes needed
Operator/Trainer/Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 14, 2018
May get better as time goes by. Atmosphere experienced while employed there was not positive for many workers. Causing negative attitudes and just showing up for a paycheck mentality.
Pros
Can be a good place to work
Cons
thought training and process info could be better
Korean Americans only
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 30, 2018
If you are Korean or Korean American this would be a great place for you. However although they are nice, they make it clear you will not advance if you're not a Korean man.
Pros
Stable environment
Cons
No room for advancement
company does not care about employees
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 30, 2018
Hankook tire does not cure for their employees and thicks they are expendable and they will dock pay for no reason. They have forced people to quit instead of firing them.
A hard working enviornment with a flexible scedule.
Loader, Unloader (Former Employee) –  Midway, GA 31320April 23, 2018
It was an enviornment that allowed you to be versitile in different departments. The work schedule was flexible. people where very friendly and work was constistant.
Highly Productive place of work
Tire Builder (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 12, 2018
This business has its good and bad things, up's and downs but most a great and growing company to work for. Though it may not be for everyone, I personally see it as a great place to develop a variety of working skills as an employee.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Pay low for some. Poorly governed
Assistant banbury operator/material handler (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 28, 2018
Hankook pay is unfair. Some people make 16 right out of the gate with no background in manufacturing or even real work experience at all. There are people who have 10 plus years in the tire industry and 20 in manufacturing as a whole who make 12 to 13 dollars an hour and are solid important employees whom of which are looking to leave so the turnover is high. The h.r. department is terrible with fairness with pay and just lies and pushes you out the door to humor you. There isn't even such a simple process as seniority. L.G. will be gaining many when they open soon. The rules and policies are all over the place which is a shame. I personally like my job and travel a long way to work but will have to leave soon as I was lied to as many were about correcting the money for experienced workers and 12 dollars does not effectively feed our families.
Pros
Shifts. Benefits
Cons
Pay. H.r. and terrible communication.and scatterbrained operation
Great experience
Inventory Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMarch 22, 2018
Please don't expect much from them but have great learning experience and be amazed how people handle things. It's not really organized and everyone doesn't know what to do.
Stressful, back stabbing and cut throat
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 21, 2018
I don't recommend Hankook unless there is no other option. No respect shown to employees. I left a good job because. I thought Hankook would be a great job. I was lied to.
Pros
Insurance. Shift
Cons
Management.
Strict
Assistant Operator (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 9, 2018
If u can deal with micro managing then you will be fine. Mixing is the dirtiest area to work in. It is also swing shift it has its good days. Very great pay.
Temporary at Best
Network Operator (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 2, 2018
A typical day at work includes poor morale and leadership.
Korean American Culture Clash is a very big obstacle to overcome. Grey Areas in Conflict Resolution and Workplace Solutions. The best part of the job is that benefits start after your first 30 days, and uniforms are provided.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
A company controlled by a small number of hands
System Programmer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 5, 2018
This company is Korean company. The company has factories and branch offices in many countries. However, they disregard the traditional Korean traits and lifestyle that each country has, and insist on being only Korean. Moreover, the reckless behavior of neglecting tradition is causing employees to lose their disappointment and reputations.
The Plant has a long way to go before success
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 30, 2018
Being such a new Plant it has its issues. Management wants you to do your respected job but it's tough when the machines aren't running up to part. And a lot of people are getting underpaid and are doing the same type of job as their coworker.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Competitive pay
Pay is low
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 17, 2018
Job is not bad but pay is low. They will offer things but not come through with them. Will continue to lose good people if pay does not increase. HR has too much power.
Pros
Vacation and benefits
Cons
Pay
Bad weather policy
Raw Material Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 13, 2018
I hated how just recently we had really really bad weather and they refused to let us go even though the roads were getting horrible and bad to drive on, and there were already 40 injury accidents and over 100 non injury accidents.
start up plant with lots of room for advancement
Senior Operator (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNDecember 18, 2017
This plant is brand new and I have been here since the beginning. There is plenty of room for advancement here but the pay scale is very low compared to other companies in the tire industry.
Pros
good insurance
Cons
long shifts of 12hrs or more
Hankook Tire
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 12, 2017
Hankook Tire was a wonderful company to work for I was with the company for 17 years and 4 months. I enjoyed doing customer service and accounting for the clients and meeting there needs there were difficult customers to deal with but by the end of the day they were happy with the outcome of there needs. Sad to say the company was relocated to Tennessee though I was offered to transfer it was impossible due to my family being in Texas. Hankook Tire will be one company I will miss.
Stressful place to work
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNNovember 28, 2017
They always play with people's money and the work isn't worth the money they give us I have never gotten the same paycheck every 2 weeks it's not worth it to have to drive a forklift watch the people the molds and everything else around me for the money I get
Stressful and dangerous work environment
Inbound Supervisor/Coordinator, @Work Personnel (Former Employee) –  Midway, GANovember 13, 2017
I would not encourage anyone to work here. If you are a female be prepared to be discriminated against. And god forbid you know how to do your job because that is a threat against management. I loved my job and the people i worked with but management made it impossible. They let me go simply because they did not like me.
A terrible place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNOctober 30, 2017
The management people were rude and not ready for there positions.They wasn't saling any tires and they was not paying on time and shorting you on your checks.
Pros
Getting paid
Cons
the management is poor.