Hanks Furniture Employee Reviews

Steady workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLOctober 17, 2018
Enjoyed the work would enjoy working a job similar for the years to come great people friendly staff awesome work place and alot and heavy moving flexible hours
Micro managed badly
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 18, 2018
Fun place if you can deal with being put down repeatedly. Was able to make a very nice living, but it did require you to be there all the time. It’s not for a family person.
tough to work with managment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 12, 2018
The managers here were really hard to work with because they were not properly trained. I enjoyed the customers that would come threw but it was hard when the manager was awful.
Great people to work with never expirenced or worked with people who really care about you
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 10, 2018
Great company to work for excellent management, co-workers, and good pay don't know a company that will understand your problems and work through them with you there actually care over there.
Pros
clean sanitary place great people
Cons
dust
slow
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Managers more into their off time than work mission. Wish I could have known about how unsuccessful employees were in their employment with this company here in Texarkana. In my time with this company I watched one employee resign another get fired telling the truth. Maybe not at others stores but at this location prejudice remarks were made and laugh at by managers.. Disgruntled customers were ignored and made fun of. My self being a American Service Member witnessed unprofessional behavior being displayed toward elderly people. I was on occasion the recipient of ridiculed to the point of the customer making comments asking me why do you take that from the manager. Me with no comment to the customer but you are right. When told that I would have to leave I was relieved of all that had happen there I shook the hands of both the assist and the manager thanked them and departed.
Overall pleasant place to work
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 31, 2017
great place to work other than extremely long hours. Hardest part was the work schedule. Most enjoyable part - my customers. Totally enjoy the freedom & support the owners gave us.
Pros
freedom to take initiave & make Jr. executive decisions.
Cons
long days
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 6, 2015
Addressed customer inquiries and resolved complaints. Reorganized the sales floor to meet company demands. Directed and supervised employees engaged in sales, inventory-taking and reconciling cash receipts. Wrote order supply requests to replenish merchandise. Fulfilled customer shipping needs using UPS and USPS methods. Completed a series of training sessions to advance from Assistant Manager to Office Manager.
General Manager
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARFebruary 13, 2015
takes care of the people and guests. working for a franchise allowed us the freedom to create processes and share with others
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Horrible palce to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARNovember 7, 2014
Management is unwilling to work with sales associates and customers to resolve customer complaints.
they did not treat their employees fair
office mamager (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARJuly 11, 2013
They did not provide the training i needed to do my job.my co workers were ok.The new store mamanger was very sexist,did not like the comments her made about every females that came in to the store.
Just all work we lift heavy furnished most all day work as a team most of time when we got someone only two people in wheat house
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 15, 2013
Well I just a hard worker can't get it done standing around we load unload co truck all types of items takes about a hr and a half to unload repair all things in store keep where house clean and put thing away check in all items do load out open all boxes or how ever product comes and all good therapeutic and load in truck car whatever they i can't stand to stand around and do nothing I find things to do work on showroom floor moving all items all around
Pros
Discounts on items bough in store we
Cons
Eight hr a day five day a week one hr lunch short breaks
Very laid back company with loose structure, but strong beliefs.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MONovember 1, 2012
All managers are selling managers. Part of our salary was our commission. Needless to say, you must have the skills to multitask to be successful with this company. Overall, I really enjoyed my time with Hanks. I just hated that my time was cut short due to downsizing.