Hanna Andersson Employee Reviews

LOVED this job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 19, 2018
This was my first real job so I learned a lot from it. A typical work day consists of mail and shipping out shipment whether it be online or in store.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
little store
fun place
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 18, 2018
FUN, FUN, FUN!!!! Great place to work. You get some exercise in too! Good place to work. the management team was awesome! I actually miss working there!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYMarch 15, 2018
Upper Management did not appreciate the staffs hard work.
No opportunity for growth within the company .
General staff was great.
Lots of Visual work.
Company went public and staffing change- took away the role of Assistant Manager and added more task to the store manager, key holders and general staff.
Great
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHFebruary 28, 2018
Hanna is Super Cool Place to work. Where can you work everyday and laugh the children clothing store is amazing . Also the cloths and underwear's are organic. This place is dynamic
Pros
Pay Wages
Very fun work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 19, 2018
Depending on when you work throughout the day, the rush of customers can be staggered but there is always enough people staffed for it to not be overwhelming. I learned great experience with online ordering and customer service.
Don’t work here
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 6, 2018
Don’t work here I work at King Of Prussia and it was bad 3 days a week I worked no hours they always telling on you for doing your job I didn’t like the job at all
Cons
12 hour
A day at Hanna
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 29, 2018
Working at Hanna Andersson is a great place to work. You learn a lot about the customers and the brand. one thing you will need is great customer service skills because we go above and beyond for our customers.
great place to work just need more hours
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 16, 2018
Great place to work just need full time and they dont offer it They offer many benifits to full time employees but not part time. i would love to advance and make enough money to support my family but the opportunity is not there
Great Supportive Team
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 15, 2018
I worked on a contract with Hanna Andersson. The team was great at communicating their needs and expectations.
I learned a lot about working with a broad family of partners both in the USA and overseas. Everyone was very supportive.
Wonderful
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJanuary 3, 2018
This is a wonderful company to work for. I work with wonderful people and the guest who adores Hanna is just as great. Whether its a day of the week or a weekend with the kids you can find everything you are looking for at Hanna
I dont know how the company is now..
Part-Time Store Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2017
When I was there Hanna was a very corporately responsible and easy-going company to work for. I had a very good relationship with my DM and even the VP of retail stores. I will never forget how when the two different VPs, from my 7years there, would come visit they would get us all a drink from Starbucks, and then hop on the floor and help us out as they were talking to employees or talk to customers. It was a warm place to work that paid very well. But again I don't know how the company is ran now, but I can speak for how it was before I left.
Slow paced, relaxed, and fun environment
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Tulalip, WAOctober 9, 2017
Everyday is slow paced, but enjoyable. The people that work here make it a fun and bright atmosphere everyday. Business is usually slow, not a large amount of new product comes in, so customers don't come in since everything has been picked over. Through this job I learned how to manage a team. I also learned how to open up to customers, and be more outgoing. The workers love to have fun, and will brighten up the room when it is a slow day. The hardest part of the job for me is having to tell customers no. We have certain policies, and some customers try to take advantage of it. The most enjoyable part of the job is processing new shipment. It is like Christmas with each new box we open. We never know what we are going to find, but we always end up finding goodies for ourselves.
Pros
Fun team, amazing product
Cons
Lack of product, lack of communication throughout the company
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 8, 2017
This is just a part time job for me while I am in school. I really like the people that I work with and my store manager is really chill and cares about the store and the people that work there. Also I have learned a lot from her watching how she helps the customers and how she does all that she can to make the customers happy. The customers can be really needy sometimes and she never gets upset with them which sets a good example for our employees. All of the supervisors are good to work with, they are fair and make work fun. The hardest part of the job is working on the weekends but that is part of working in retail.
Pros
My manager is really nice and fair
Cons
Weekend work
great store manager
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodlands, TXAugust 9, 2017
this was a good company to work for. they were fair and kind. I enjoyed my time there and loved my store manger. She was the best leader I ever had. I learned so many life lessons from her and she taught me all about the culture of the company.
Pretty good for people who have an in with upper management
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 4, 2017
Great place to work, until manager changed and therefore priorities for who got promoted, recognized for their work changed. Very clear recognition and resources for the work and help went to certain departments over others, even though responsibility for end product should have gotten equal priority.
No Complaints
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 27, 2017
I learned a lot from this job. It wasnt extremely stressful and it was always fun to help out the customers. The only reason I no longer work there is because I moved and wished to work somewhere closer to where I lived.

Good pay and hours and the staff was great on training me.

Only bad thing I will say is we had a few bad employees that didnt do their job. When complaining to management they didnt really listen and it took a customer complaint to get the employee fired.
Pros
everything
Cons
too lenient
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 14, 2017
Every day we get to help customers find the perfect clothes for the kids they are shopping for. We get a lot of repeat customers who love our clothing and love to share with their friends and family how much they enjoy the company.
Job satisfaction highly depends on manager
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 5, 2017
When I started as a sales associate, the store was well run and the floor set was always finished on time. But the store manager left, and the new manager is incompetent. Floorset is rarely finished on time now, and I often feel like I am the only one working hard on the sales floor while the new manager is doing who knows what in the back.
Pros
Good employee discount
Cons
bad store manager
Hanna Andersson is a fun company to work at.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 3, 2017
Having a company that is very focused on customer service, it is a very friendly environment to work in. Workers built rapport with repeated customers and are able to better the services we provide.
Great product
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 2, 2017
If you are interested in starting a career in retail it is a good place to start BUT very little internal advancement!!!!! You will need to take your skills elsewhere.
Pros
flex hours. Friendly staff Team work.
Cons
Company always expects extra from employees but with NO appreciation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hanna Andersson. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight