Hannaford Employee Reviews

Service Leader
Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Dracut, MAMay 19, 2018
My biggest issue with Hannaford is that the management doesn't listen to the associates or take any of their opinions. But there are a bunch of good things that happen at Hannaford.
boring job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alton, NHMay 19, 2018
I was okay i want something new. It was a good learning experience and not a bad job.
People there are nice and it was fun while it lasted. The management changes were not the best.
Great for highschoolers
Front end (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MEMay 18, 2018
I just didnt like the job. I was right out of highschool and the management were mean and angry about something. Maybe thats because they were in charge of a lot of highschoolers but who knows.
Pros
none really
Cons
everything
Cashier/Service Leader, Customer (Former Employee) –  Swanton, VTMay 16, 2018
It was at one of the smaller locations, but was an easy going place to be. Worked with you to make sure that the job was satisfactory or that any questions/concerns were met. Job advancement was encouraged, were able to work your way up in the company.
unable to advance in company
Shift Supervisor/Cashier/Bakery Associate (Current Employee) –  Rotterdam, NYMay 16, 2018
Hard to advance within the company
on your feet all day
Sometimes it can get so busy that a break is late or not taken at all
Training is not substantial
Pros
State mandated breaks
Cons
can not advance in company
Great people
DELI MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Waterville, MEMay 14, 2018
I enjoyed working with my fellow co-workers. Some upper level management is questionable. Plenty of room for advancement. Pay rate is competitive with other retail stores.
Great place.
Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NH 03103May 14, 2018
Was a great college job. Has a lot of versatility for a variety of jobs and hours. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone looking for a job.
Varies Store to Store, Department by Department
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  MaineMay 12, 2018
Hannaford is a very active work environment. One is working on their feet most of/ all of their shift. Customer Service is key. Things are often changing, for better or worse. The actual quality of the workplace is very dependent on the team you work with, your department management, and store management. Pay isn't great, but the company tends to reward people who work hard. Advancement is possible, though you may have to change locations, a lot of your success can rely on who you know. There is a bit of micromanagement from the corporate office. In-store management varies greatly. To get a sense of how a store or department works, shop there and it is pretty easy to get a sense of the environment you are going into.
Pros
Variety
Cons
Very busy days and very slow days
High turnover rate for a reason
Associate (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYMay 11, 2018
I want to be clear that this is a college town which means a lot of people they can pick from which explain the turnover rate some. That said the main manager is someone no one likes and likely only keeps his job because of how he runs the place, aka. gets Hannaford money. I had little problem with other managers or coworkers, quite a few I liked well enough.

I was part time and they did the song and dance where they gave you so many hours a week so you wouldn't get benefits required by law. And since they have so many people to use everyone was part time. See what I'm getting at here?

Know what you're getting into when working here. You're more than likely just someone they can take advantage of until you can be replaced and they have a good deal of people to pick from.
good employers to work with
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAMay 10, 2018
Management is goof they listen no issues. I learned how to take a part the ban saw the meat slicer and the cube machine and how to work with customers
Pros
shorts in the summer good atmospher
Cons
Hard to get full time
hi
Meat Cutter/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Standish, MEMay 10, 2018
its a good company overall with a few glitches that include managment favoritism, managment in compatence, and flat out poor choices of managers. at least have a manager that will work on the busy days am i right?
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MEMay 10, 2018
Friendly and understanding management, easy to learn system, co workers were very easy to get along with, training done by skilled co Worker, busy during summertime
Pros
Great work environment
Customer oriented job
Service Leader (Current Employee) –  NYMay 9, 2018
Hannaford offers a lot to the single parent and college student. They offer the training to advance within the company. They tend to be flexible with hours as much as possible and work with employees regarding holidays.
Played Favorites
Assistant Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Old Town, MEMay 9, 2018
Management is inconsistent with expectations. Certain associates were caught stealing & sexually harassing managers and are allowed to keep their jobs
Pros
It was air conditioned
Cons
Most everything else
Nice first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHMay 9, 2018
Hannafords was my first job at age 16 and it was a good experience. Being a cashier made me learn all the fruits and vegetables and where items were in the store.
Great company to work for. Management is poor but the job culture itself was wonderful.
Bagger/Cashier/Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MEMay 9, 2018
Overall I loved working for the company. Just didn't give me very many hours to work because they hired too many people. Management wasn't very organized and they didn't assign tasks very well to their workers. Seems like they freelance it.
Pros
Very good work culture customers were easy to get along with.
Cons
Lack of hours and poor management
Great place and great management
Loss Prevention Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYMay 9, 2018
It was my first Loss Prevention position. I had great management and the stores I traveled too, there were great people to interact with.they paid for mileage when traveling for meetings or to other stores besides your home store. Had to use your own vehicle. Not much room for advancement. But the company and the pay made it worth working there. I would've stood and retired, but I moved to an area where I couldn't transfer because there weren't any stores around.
Pros
Cons
Put alot of miles on my personal vehicle.
Productive place
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYMay 9, 2018
Great managers, co workers are like your friends. Hours are flexible and kathy is willing to work around your school schedule. Great place for college students to make money on the side.
Working at Hannaford
Customer Service Associate (Part-time/Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Kennebunk, MEMay 5, 2018
I have been working here since the summer of 2015. I was a nanny before this, so it was a big change. I enjoy my time here, but I need to further my job prospects in my field of study, so at some point I need to leave. I do not intend to do so until I find a full time position. Since I started in the summer I needed to change hours and even become temp leave during my college semesters. They are very flexible with this, and I am happy that they can accommodate me.
Pros
Cons
Inconsistent hours during week
rough
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTMay 4, 2018
Not much to say since i have not worked there for years but I did not have a pleasant time working there. Neither did my other relatives but everyone's experience has been different

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hannaford. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight