Hannaford Employee Reviews

Found 1,436 reviews matching the search See all 1,438 reviews
Overnight Stocker
Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYOctober 22, 2018
Worked here almost 2 years on overnights .. Seen 2 different managers get fired for harrassment before a 3rd arrived months later. Overnight crew consisted of alcoholics and drug addicts using while working. Other than that good pay bad work environment.
Pros
Pay, Time Off
Cons
Bad management
Great place to work, very attentive to employees needs
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHOctober 21, 2018
As a retiree looking for a fun and fast paced part time job this was perfect!! Since it is an awesome store it is always busy. We have a bakery, prepared food, and much more.
Pros
Free lunch if came in when you werent on schedule.
Cons
Wanted more hours
Great for part time work
Deli/Seafood Associate, Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NY 12020October 18, 2018
I would only recommend working here if you are either hired as full time or are only looking for part time. They don't like to hire in full time employees, instead will say that they will bring you in as part time and give you as many hours as you want. But with this you don't have access to any benefits, health insurance, vacation or anything else.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Given full time hours without any of the benefits.
Fun only on register
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYOctober 17, 2018
I like the cashier part of the job but it’s harder on me when my supervisors put a lot on my shoulders only having a minimum of time. I feel as if I work so hard and I get no recognition for it.
Pros
Being inside the store
Cons
Doing carts and the hours
Great place to work for first job, career advancement opportunities
Customer Service Leader (Current Employee) –  North Windham, MEOctober 17, 2018
When first walking into the store for my shift, everyone working on the front ended greeted me as I walked by. I learned so much by working in customer service and how to deal with issues everyday. The managers were always welcoming and very easy to talk to. I created great relationships with each manager of the course of the years I've worked there. All employees are easy to talk to and get along with. Hannaford is very flexible with hours, which is nice while in school. I enjoyed going to work everyday because of the people I worked with and serving the community.
Hannaford was a good Company to work for.
Personnel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEOctober 16, 2018
Hannaford sent me to training classes for new supervisors which allowed me to be promoted into another Company. I was allowed to grow in my position and given the opportunity to train new Office Managers in New York when first opening stores there.
Pros
Promoted from within.
It was a part time job
Manager of Hannaford Bros. Grocery (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 14, 2018
It was a part time job 20 years ago. I don't remember that much about it. Yhey did try to treat the employees fairly, I remember that.
I was the evening manager, so my shift was much different than the regular day time shifts. For example, I didn't take inventory usually, but had to worrt about the freezer alarms.
Fun, Enjoyable, Happy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Red Hook, NYOctober 14, 2018
Hannaford was my first job when I was 16. Overall, it is a great company to work for. They have accommodated me for anything I needed help with. They are patient, kind, and helpful with any questions I had. I had the best experience working there. My manager also was one who helped make it great.
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYOctober 10, 2018
Collaborative environment, co-workers were great, good training. Wanted more hours but none were available. Manager worked well with employee's, especially when having any kind of emergency.
Good
Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Belfast, MEOctober 9, 2018
Good place to work or buy groceries. Definetly a very clean and well put together establishment with nice people and reliable food. Fair prices and top quality inventory.
They did not offer a lot of full time positions
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waterville, MEOctober 8, 2018
I worked as a bakery clerk. My position mostly took and filled special order cake orders. I decorated cakes that were either described by our customers or were choices from a catalog.
Pros
I were with awesome people
Cons
Not enough hours to support my family
great place to work.
Cashier and Bagger (Current Employee) –  Dexter, ME 04930October 4, 2018
I felt that there was room for advancement and I recently got a job as a bookkeeper. But full time is not available. I hate to leave the company but need fulltime.
a very good company to work for
Opener/cashier deli produce (Former Employee) –  Milton, NHOctober 2, 2018
i'm sorry i had to leave i would of stayed but sometimes you have to do your prioities first and then you move on i would recommend hannafords to anyone its an awsome company to work for
Pros
good management good working conditions
Cons
sometimes employees are that nice
Hannaford
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Valatie, NY 12184October 1, 2018
I don't have much to say about Hannaford, it was many years ago. I don't have no comment or complaints. It was a job and paid the bills. Management was fine.
Nothing good
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Sanford, MEOctober 1, 2018
The only good thing about Hannaford is the fact that it's a grocery store so everything you need for lunch is right there. Other than that, no one cares and the management will threaten to fire you no matter the incident.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, no benefits for part time
fun place to work
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MESeptember 30, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Hannaford at all the stores I had time to travel to other towns. Great opportunities to go up the latter. Friendly people to work with
Pros
great company
Horrible Place
1st shift Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NHSeptember 30, 2018
This store is a revolving door. If you cant keep up or your face is too low its time to hang up the towel. There's some really cool people that work their, but management is awful. Just a heads up people with disability's stay away, if not you might never work at a Hannaford again.
Im pretty sure if I worked at a different Hannaford I wouldn't be giving it a one star review.
Full of drama
Associate (Former Employee) –  West Hurley, NYSeptember 29, 2018
Full of drama from the bosses. Fast to judge and fire employees. Bosses Alloy work drama to happen and won’t help to solve the problems. Bosses won’t ask both sides of the story but will take sides.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Drama
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Albany, NY 12222September 27, 2018
Excellent work environment, great management. The only drawback if the rate of pay and the fact that getting enough hours is very difficult if you're part time.
Good
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Turner, MESeptember 27, 2018
Everyone was nice and very polite , they were quite bossy sometimes. But every companies goes under pressure and demands. It’s natural. I didn’t care for going out to retrieve carts from the parking lot while it snows or down poured. But working as a cashier was a great experience to try to beat times, and meeting new people , new faces every day!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hannaford. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight