Hannaford Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,379 reviews matching the search See all 1,381 reviews
ok place to work
Service Leader / Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 18, 2018
ok place to work , very productive most days, some of the management are useless. the schedule however is very flexible, they are always willing to work with you!
Great people, fast paced environment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYAugust 17, 2018
As much as I don't care for working in a deli environment, the people I worked with, from management to my fellow deli workers, made it tolerable. We also had some customers that made it fun. All in all, it was a great experience.
Great Place to work
Deli Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Milton, VTAugust 16, 2018
loved my job at Hannafords, being from Texas and moving to a new town i was so blessed to have been hired there, everyone was so friendly, and i loved my job at the Deli department, my first time working at a supermarket and i sure did love it
Prefer not to do this
Receiving Clerk / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Modena, NYAugust 16, 2018
Prefer not to do this due to my own personal reasons. My issues with the company and the store I worked in particular have nothing to do with the company or organization as a whole considering I was not privy to any of the information you are asking.
Hannaford is a great place to work.
Bakery and Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAAugust 15, 2018
I grew very quickly at Hannaford. I was provided with a lot of tools and opportunities to learn. Hannaford takes pride in their customer service as well as the time and care they put in to taking care of their associates.
Productive and easy going co-workers
Assistant Seafood Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradford, VTAugust 15, 2018
My time at Hannaford was enjoyable. I had many opportunities to grow and advance my career, meet and train new people, and learn many things along the way.
Good place to work part time
Nightcrew/stock person (Current Employee) –  MiddleburyAugust 15, 2018
If part time is for you then it's a great place to work... work is fast paced... the people working seem to enjoy themselves and their work.. Tough to become full time though...
Pros
Stedy work
Cons
Part time
Fun work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 14, 2018
It was a normal work experience as a cashier. My coworkers were fun to work with. I never really had any issues. Everyone got along and I truly enjoyed working there through my high school years
Pros
Easy job and decent pay
Cons
Not having a set schedule. It changed weekly
It was a good company to work for
Scan file Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 10, 2018
It was a good place to work. I worked there for 22 years before needing a change. I started a family and needed to think of my family. I needed better hours.
Okay
Associate (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEAugust 9, 2018
I was a front end associate. I was responsible for checking out and bagging and organizing carts. It wasn't that fun but I could do it. I liked the air conditioning.
Productive and descent environment
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2018
Typically days you stock product, and work with other associates . If management doesn't like you , you will probably not get a annuall raise. good benefits
Pros
work early get done early
Cons
pay rate
Decent Job
CASHIER / CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Milton, NYAugust 8, 2018
Decent part-time job, Extra income. No set hours, never offered overtime, random calls in a lot, they don't really help with standing the whole time at all so if you have issues standing NOT the job for you.
Pros
Extra Money, Part-time
Cons
No set hours, no overtime
Caring, fun place to work.
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEAugust 8, 2018
The culture, ethics and overall atmosphere of the store is very inviting. Great place to work. Good pay. Friendly co workers and customers. Great management, care about you as an employee.
Good place
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Dracut, MAAugust 8, 2018
Good place to work for college students. Also a good place to grow as a person. Work and life balance is also good. The pay isn't bad either unless you're working less than 25 hours a week.
I recommend another job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTAugust 8, 2018
With Hannaford you do not get a lot of hours, you're not properly trained, and there is not a lot of room for career growth. The current manager does not do her job very well. She has an attitude with everyone and she does not work well with people.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
Very community based business, and working enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTAugust 8, 2018
Very busy, fast paced, friendly, positive place to work no matter what department you work in.
There is always possibilities to grow within the company
Great first job
Service Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Skowhegan, MEAugust 5, 2018
This is a great job for teens who are just starting to look for work or for someone that needs a flexible work schedule. Hannaford works very well with flexibility you need and there are always opportunities to pick up more hours.
Good company to work for
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEAugust 5, 2018
Not a bad company to work for. Nice people to work for and flexible scheduling. The only big downside would be how corporate moves managers around so frequently. This can make it hard to adjust your work habits to new managers before they get transferred out and you have to adjust again.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No benefits for part time
Fun workplace with awesome coworkers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pine Bush, NYAugust 3, 2018
It's a grocery store so obviously it gets busy, but as long as you're focused and hardworking, you won't have any issues. The staff is great. When there aren't any customers, you can clean your station or host (stand at the entrance of your aisle and wait for a customer).
working at hannafords
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHAugust 2, 2018
It was a good job but it was my dream job. I enjoy working with the customers. I didn't enjoy bagging the items. If you need a drink of water at your register you have to get a doctors note, which I did.
Pros
some times they would provide us with lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hannaford. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight