Hannaford Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,371 reviews matching the search See all 1,373 reviews
Fun work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 14, 2018
It was a normal work experience as a cashier. My coworkers were fun to work with. I never really had any issues. Everyone got along and I truly enjoyed working there through my high school years
Pros
Easy job and decent pay
Cons
Not having a set schedule. It changed weekly
Okay
Associate (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEAugust 9, 2018
I was a front end associate. I was responsible for checking out and bagging and organizing carts. It wasn't that fun but I could do it. I liked the air conditioning.
Productive and descent environment
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2018
Typically days you stock product, and work with other associates . If management doesn't like you , you will probably not get a annuall raise. good benefits
Pros
work early get done early
Cons
pay rate
Decent Job
CASHIER / CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Milton, NYAugust 8, 2018
Decent part-time job, Extra income. No set hours, never offered overtime, random calls in a lot, they don't really help with standing the whole time at all so if you have issues standing NOT the job for you.
Pros
Extra Money, Part-time
Cons
No set hours, no overtime
Caring, fun place to work.
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEAugust 8, 2018
The culture, ethics and overall atmosphere of the store is very inviting. Great place to work. Good pay. Friendly co workers and customers. Great management, care about you as an employee.
Good place
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Dracut, MAAugust 8, 2018
Good place to work for college students. Also a good place to grow as a person. Work and life balance is also good. The pay isn't bad either unless you're working less than 25 hours a week.
I recommend another job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTAugust 8, 2018
With Hannaford you do not get a lot of hours, you're not properly trained, and there is not a lot of room for career growth. The current manager does not do her job very well. She has an attitude with everyone and she does not work well with people.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
Very community based business, and working enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTAugust 8, 2018
Very busy, fast paced, friendly, positive place to work no matter what department you work in.
There is always possibilities to grow within the company
Great first job
Service Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Skowhegan, MEAugust 5, 2018
This is a great job for teens who are just starting to look for work or for someone that needs a flexible work schedule. Hannaford works very well with flexibility you need and there are always opportunities to pick up more hours.
Good company to work for
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEAugust 5, 2018
Not a bad company to work for. Nice people to work for and flexible scheduling. The only big downside would be how corporate moves managers around so frequently. This can make it hard to adjust your work habits to new managers before they get transferred out and you have to adjust again.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No benefits for part time
Fun workplace with awesome coworkers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pine Bush, NYAugust 3, 2018
It's a grocery store so obviously it gets busy, but as long as you're focused and hardworking, you won't have any issues. The staff is great. When there aren't any customers, you can clean your station or host (stand at the entrance of your aisle and wait for a customer).
working at hannafords
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHAugust 2, 2018
It was a good job but it was my dream job. I enjoy working with the customers. I didn't enjoy bagging the items. If you need a drink of water at your register you have to get a doctors note, which I did.
Pros
some times they would provide us with lunches
good
Deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHAugust 1, 2018
it was a good experience. the management was good. people were nice and helpful. the hardest part was trying to learn how to work when you have to focus on customers.
clean and friendly work environment
Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee) –  South Barre, VTJuly 31, 2018
working front end is nice. everyone is friendly and very approachable. customers are friendly and responsive. management works well unless its super busy (of course).
Great place for a first job for young adults
Front End Customer Service/ Scan-file Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 31, 2018
I have learned how to be responsible for my cash drawer so it is nor over or under the correct amount.
The management is great, they work with you and will train you on every aspect that you will need to know for your position.
Most days
Dairy & Frozen Clerk (Former Employee) –  Goffstown NHJuly 31, 2018
I enjoyed working there but it the end the boss and I did not get along anymore so the job ended . I wish I was still there but I am not. So I moved on to a new job as life always changes .
Not bad if you want minimum wage or close to it.
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Windham, MEJuly 30, 2018
This is one of the decent minimum wage jobs because it is not quite as dirty as lets say a fast food restaurant cook, so that makes it a little better than some of the other options out there. I was in the deli. That's the place to be for minimum wage workers.
stressful
Manager (Former Employee) –  Belfast, MEJuly 30, 2018
stressful place to work.always on your back about your re's.management is not real fair or understanding there.they always want you to do faster nad better putting stock away.
Can make some decent money
Selector/Picker (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEJuly 30, 2018
So far you can earn some decent money, although the group that started before me is making $5.00 more an hour. Some of the workers are difficult to work with
Great culture
Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  New York StateJuly 29, 2018
Fast paced but also relaxed atmosphere. Customer service is their #1 priority. Fair company to work, many advancement opportunities if you have the desire and ambition
Pros
Friendly management, team atmosphere
Cons
Usually rude customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hannaford. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight