Hannaford Employee Reviews

Employment at Hannaford
Manager of Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saratoga County, NYFebruary 14, 2018
Customer service is the name of the game. Fast friendly service with a smile no matter the situation. That is what you did and do at the store regardless of the position you hold
Fast Pace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Town of Schodack, NYFebruary 14, 2018
Very fast past. You will be tired at end of day and you will be sore from all the lifting. The time they allow to pick the orders is outrageous to meet 100% in order to get your base pay. Must be very fast worker to keep up.
Not a bad place to work
Deli Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Derry, NHFebruary 13, 2018
I was not excited about this job at all. My supervisor would never help if we were busy. She would go out of her way to make sure she didn't have to do any work.
Productive place to work
Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYFebruary 12, 2018
Enjoyed my time here very much it is a fun place to work and I would recommend it to anyone else who would be interested in working here it is a great starting spot and can lift anyone into a career
Service Clerk, Cashier (Current Employee) –  South Glens Falls, NYFebruary 12, 2018
I've been working with Hannaford for 12 long years and it hasn't disappointed me one little bit over the years since I started working back in 2006. I've learned some valuable people skills while on the job and gave me a little "experience" in coding. I typically walk in and see what my responsiblities are such as cart shifts, or whether I get to go on register or just bag for the cashiers. Depending on time of holidays/weekends, business can range from slow and normal to chaotic, so this job is not for everyone, especially if you get stressed easily. Probably the most enjoyable part(s) are based on what I have been doing for all this time is either doing carts or most recently being on the customer service desk (at my job its the first register) as you feel like your a little more in command. All coworkers here treat each other with respect and dignity. Overall, this is a good place to work
Pros
Friendly staff, nice benefits including vacations, easy mentorship, good breaks
Cons
If you're not used to hecticness then this job is not for you.
productive and fun
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Standish, MEFebruary 10, 2018
fast paced in about all departments, fun people to work with, many ways to advance in a career with this company. It is a great place for a first job or a last job everyone is treated fairly
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
could pay a little better
great job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Butner, NCFebruary 10, 2018
Shift leader, directed the crew of five or more regarding unloading/loading trucks
Collected orders from central dispatch and assigned work according to the most efficient plan
Pros
great company to excel
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Gray, MEFebruary 10, 2018
The management and the staff at Hannaford that I worked in with were very supportive and felt a real team approach to things. This was a job that I had during highschool and felt that they were very supportive to my sports schedule.
the managers are okay...
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gray, MEFebruary 8, 2018
I worked as a cashier and the lady that was my boss picked a lot of favorites and liked to put me down a lot.. The people I worked with were amazing and I would not have left if the management was better at their job
Fast Paced Workplace
Customer service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEFebruary 8, 2018
Fast paced workplace that involved bagging groceries, retrieving carts and ensuring customers had a good experience while shopping there. /these were a list of my daily tasks.
Pros
Customer Interaction
not a great place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEFebruary 6, 2018
Service leaders treat you horribly. I would not reccommend wotking at this business. The pay rate is average but the service leaders have no patience for training new people.
Productive and Easy-Going
Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Cairo, NYFebruary 6, 2018
This job is very much involved with customer service, and this is where I gained a lot of social skills. The management is good. The hardest part are handling customer issues and the easiest part is cleaning/upkeep of the front end.
Productive place to work
Meat/Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pinardville, NHFebruary 5, 2018
Highly recommend employment here. The benefits are great, management works with you and not against you, not a cut-throat environment. Hours are flexible if needed.
not a career
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTFebruary 3, 2018
love this company and the people i work with are amazing.
low opportunity for advancing
poor pay
even if you do move up it is often with out a raise, and being cross trained does not always mean you'll get a raise , just more hours
Pros
flexible
Cons
low chance of advancing
Would not Suggest
Bakery Assistant/Service Leader (Former Employee) –  South Burlington, VTJanuary 31, 2018
The job itself isn't all that bad, the issue lies mostly with the lack of good management. When there are issues between employees managers seemed to add fuel to the fire rather than try to stop it.
Cons
Bad management, no discounts
Decent place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, MAJanuary 31, 2018
The people were generally always nice outside of a few. Some of the managers played favorites, but overall they were excellent to me. I worked in the front end so dealing with angry customers is a hassle.
Pros
Paid Lunch
Cons
Dealing with ppl
great place to work
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJanuary 31, 2018
It's a nice place to work and the people were very helpful.I was only working part time.I worked on coolers pick up trash keep the store clean.Supervisors were all very easy to work with.
This place really sucks
Associate (Former Employee) –  Schodack Landing, NYJanuary 30, 2018
I can't explain to you how horrible this job was. It was my least favorite job for every reason that you can think of. The pay sucks and the management needs soo much training its unreal.
Pros
Cons
everything
Flexible scheduling while in school
Center Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Standish, MEJanuary 29, 2018
Great place to work especially while in school as they will work around your schedule. Every store is different but 9/10 managers I worked with were good to work for.
Pros
Set breaks and frequesnt reviews
Cons
Working inside
Horrible place to work
supervisory (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHJanuary 29, 2018
At my store if you're not a favorite you're not liked therefore you will be pushed out. Management is always on you nothing positive will be said about you only negative

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hannaford. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight