Hansen & Adkins Auto Transport Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fantastic place to work for and grow
Accounts Receivable Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAJuly 7, 2018
I have nothing but good things to say about this company. Owners ensure family oriented culture, Working environment is great, and the people who work for the company are great and believe in the company values and philosophy. Definitely a place to invest, grow, and succeed.
Official response from Hansen & Adkins Auto Transport
July 9, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback.

Like the car hauler experience
Nex gen 9 car hauler truck driver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 20, 2018
If you are in for the experience it good, but a lot of pick and choose there, and also they always trying to find a way to take your bonus, and it suppose to be no force dispatch, so think before you consider applying there.
long hours with no upside
manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 18, 2018
Hansen and Adkins claims to be a Family Oriented company but this is far from the truth, HR department is ineffective and the Operations Management team consists of the good old boys and unless you are part of that click you are no body but a number.
you will have to work usually 7 days a week and up too 15 hours per day and your supposed paid holidays are mandatory to work with no additional pay when you do work,
Good Luck with trying to schedule time off for Vacation and Balancing you quality of life and the Job as they preach will never happen as they expect you to work and be on the Job all the time with no questions asked.
Many top management positions are Staffed with individuals who have no educations and are inn those positions just because they are part of the good old boy network.
Salaries are far below the industry standards and for the region and reviews will never happen unless you push the issue.
Pros
no pros
Cons
long hours, 7 days a week, no off time
Productive Work Place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 5, 2018
I enjoy working with all the people I have meet here.
The work is a lot but keeps you on your toes. The owners are the nicest, most respectful gentlemen to work with. We have really good benefits, & awesome holiday celebrations. Of course with every office you have those bad apples, but I don't let them bother me....EVER.!
Great Benefits and Family Friendly
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAFebruary 28, 2018
I have learned so much since I started working at Hansen and Adkins. Hansen and Adkins offers great benefits to their employee's. The people who work at Hansen and Adkins are some of the friendliest people I have ever worked with. You get a sense that you are part of an amazing family, when you work at Hansen and Adkins. Hansen and Adkins understands and works with their employees when it comes to your personal family life and obligations.
hated it
Driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2018
Hansen and Adkins is not a place you want to work at . Management is very unorganized and treats some employees like Gold and others like Garbage, very unfair workplace
Pros
pay
Cons
work condition
Like what I do on a daily basis
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 31, 2017
job is a job that I like doing.. It is no perfect company just like no other company. try to do my job to the best of my ability from day to day, & hopefully evrything else will take care of itself..At time I do think the drivers could & should be rewarded a lill bit more for what we do for the company.. I am thankful & grateful for the job that I have, because you can work at your own pace & most weeks I receive a decent check for what I do.........
Overall a good company
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCAugust 21, 2017
The overall structure of the company is very vibrant. Assisting in other Hansen terminals across the nation I am impressed with the structure, the staffs, and processes in place.
Na
Clerical work (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAAugust 14, 2017
I like enjoy you can work independently, I honestly feel like there is not much room for advancement. I can not complain the work environment was nice. I was able to perform my duties in a professional matter. The only Issue was my hourly pay. I am use to making a lot more than what I am making here. Overall I really enjoyed working here.
Pros
Able to choose schedule
Cons
Pay
Lack of business maturity
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAJune 1, 2017
For a company that wants to be big in its sector, it acts small. Poor communication, management in name only, lack of any best practices and a stuck in the past mentality. The company favors butt kissing over results, to the point they allow illegal actions. Hansen Adkins is an old boy shop trying to be a big boy.
Pros
Fade days, weekly pay
Cons
Management, lack of communication, stuck in the past, favortism rampant
Too many management positions, not enough staff.
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAMarch 7, 2017
Hansen & Adkins Auto Transport puts personal friendships before what's best for the company. Too many managers are not qualified (or educated) to be in the positions they are in. Concerns made to the owners are never addressed, so the overall feeling by employees is "why say anything at all, they aren't going to do anything about it". And working in HR made it difficult to feel good about what I was doing for the employees. I think a successful business should think of the staff as the reason it is successful.