Hapag-Lloyd

Hapag-Lloyd Employee Reviews

United States86 reviews

Work from home five days then work in the office five days starting on a Thursday. Company had a good bonus this year. Can be stressful at times. About to move to Perimeter Mall area so traffic will be bad.

Meh

Higher ups are constantly raving about record profits yet our paychecks don’t reflect it. Considering the industry that we are in this company could pay their employees considerably more. Also there doesn’t seem to be much room for growth. Managers have their favorites and promote those from within. It seems they want you to do twice the work without compensating for it. They make decisions without really thinking about how it effects their employees.

Pros

Yearly bonus, good benefits, medical dental

Cons

Not much room for growth, male dominated field, not much diversity in upper management

Hapag-Lloyd insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

good place

great place to work to bad they relocated the accounting to GA . i would have retired from them but they decided to force everyone to move or lay them off.

Looking good for the long term

I've been working here for almost two months. I have (unfortunately) hopped around to a lot of jobs in my work history, and at this point can usually tell if a job will work out in the first couple of months. I feel like this one might actually turn into a career! It's a different type of work than I've done in the past but I feel like I picked up on it pretty quick, and there are always people I can reach out to for help if I need it. The hours are good but my commute isn't so I'm looking to move a little closer to the office next year. The pay is, to me, insane! It's the most I've ever made in any position anywhere. It's a modest annual salary but almost double what I've made before. My coworkers are great and everyone seems to like working together. They're constantly making jokes or laughing about something which makes the in-office days so much fun. But I like that I get to work from home 50% of the time too! My manager is so nice and is always giving praise where it's due, either to individuals or groups who deserve it. The hardest part of the job so far has been picking up on all the little details or tricks to do when I get stuck on something and there are still more to learn.

Pros

Good pay, positive work environment

Cons

Long commute

Supportive

I love it and the people are great. The work environment is professional and the management team is very understanding with the employees. They are also flexible and supportive.

Please look elsewhere

Stressful work environment. Management definitely showed favortism and people of color were not given the same opportunities. Overworked and underpaid.

Tight atmosphere

Because employee's work in close quarters it brought tight nit teams which seemed like family, Projects are tackled in an easier manner and teams work together better.

Pros

Atmosphere, location, salary

Bad pay good benefits

This company has a ton of communication issues that start from the top. The pay is low but the benefits and retirement plan is great. However with little communication you do not want to stay with this company.

Pros

Benefits, retirement plan

Cons

mediume pay level, no advancement

Ok entry job

Team was very kind and supportive. Management not available and director had zero involvement. Benefits standard for industry and sometimes free lunches provided

Ok

Ok place to work can’t make to many judgments because I wasn’t there long due to the pandemic but for the short time I was there it was pretty cool

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hapag-Lloyd?

Good entry level experience

This job is good for entry level if you're just getting started but it doesnt pay enough. The company will use you and play games when it comes time to pay your worth. I would use this job as a place holder until you get what you really want

Pros

The people are cool

Cons

Drama and glass ceiling

An Excellent Place to Work

I loved working for this company! Management had it right. Treat the employees fairly and the employees will do 200% to make sure the company is moving in the right direction. Everybody wins! I wish everybody could model their company after Hapag Lloyd. I've learn so much from management. This is the way to run a company.

Pros

Diversity, Management, Benefits, Professional, employee friendly, annual bonuses etc.

Cons

No Cons

Import port team

Great pay, good work load, managers were hot and cold. Never knew what you were walking into in the morning someday they were talkative and uplifting and then the next they would be cold and short. If a team member had off and you had to cover there desk. There was no approved overtime. It was expected you could do both desks in the same 8 hours it took 2 people to do that workload nirmally.

I really enjoyed working for Hapag Lloyd. There are opportunities for advancement, nice people and management always available to help. Nice work life.

You will learn good discipline in meeting your targets and deadlines

Excellent work environment and good management. people are good to work with. no politics. if you work hard can get ahead in your career. a lot of international opportunities available

Extremely long work hours

Extremely long work hours, poor management, no proper training although this has been changed with the recent hires due to the workload they have take on.

No advancement

The company works on the buddy system. Management treats people like robots. As long as you think and act like them you will stay employed. If not, they show you to the door.

Productive and fun place to work

A great place to work and always place to learn something new and provide good customer service internal or external. Great communication and keeping on top of industry news.

Energetic work place

I felt very stagnate here with my experience in logistics I wasn't able to express ideas or grow or advance. However the company is creating call centers and relocating all offices.

Fast paced environment

I learned a lot about an industry I had no experience in. I was consistently given more responsibilities, and tasks to handle. Overall, it was a great experience.

Job Advancement

No growth opportunities. Leadership skills are only given to Management and up. Coordinators are not encouraged nor assisted to grow. When positions open up is only for parallel move.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hapag-Lloyd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Hapag-Lloyd with

Hapag-Lloyd reviews by popular job title

• Hapag-Lloyd