Happy Joe's Pizza & Ice Cream

Happy Joe's Pizza & Ice Cream Employee Reviews

United States89 reviews

pizzahappyfoodfunbusycustomerfreenice

The good was working with people u can get along with the bad was closing without us knowing

I loved working for happy joes I was there for 16 years until they closed the company the owner was very good to me in all the years I was there and the people that worked undere

Low pay, no PTO, and no holiday pay.

When I worked there, I made less than 9$ an hour, for all the work you do. And the kitchen is severely hot in the summer, with no proper cooling. Another thing there are no benefits, no PTO, and no holiday pay, plus you don't get the choice to work on a holiday.I personally wouldn't recommend working and eating there.

Happy Joe's Pizza & Ice Cream insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Server

Great place you work. Family owned business that really cares for their employees and customers. Great people to work for. They pay well and appreciate you when you work hard and see all the smiles from how happy we worked as a team to ensure fun family oriented environment for our costumers.

Horrible place to work

The gm is unorganized and unmotivated. The pay is terrible. Upper management gives no support. Cooks didn't wear gloves when they needed to. Turnover is extremely high. Always short staffed.

Game arcade

The management is poor, very young coworkers, disrespectful coworkers, feeling of being unwanted, lazy coworkers and managers, one manager that always yells at you, EXTREMELY TOXIC environment

Pros

Free little Joe pizza every shift

Cons

Extremely toxic environment, Very poor management

Friendly environment

Management and employees get along well. Hours are flexible. Owners are hands on and very accommodating. Pay is good as a server if you are willing to work.

Fun place to work

Happy Joe’s is a fun place to work. The game room is so much fun. Customers love it. The pizza is expensive but totally worth the price. I’ve cream is great as well.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Lots of call in

No opportunity

This establishment works you every weekend and most holidays. Meanwhile, the head coach gets vacations every month and never cares to help or stay with her employees while being short staffed. The assistant coach is very abrasive and stubborn. There's no room to improve or establish change in the environment.

Worst job ever

This company is a joke, I worked as head coach & upper office management is two faced. U can’t get days off, hard to use vacation. Only benefit was I was promoted fast

Pros

Managers get free meals

Cons

Undo life balance

Good place

It was a good company to work for they have me all I needed and more. We're responsible in the retreat to me and happy go lucky gok place as always to be

Management never cared about the store in pella or its employees

When the new company bought Happy Joes they completely tanked it, no wonder they had to close the pella store, the corporate office screwed every head coach that worked there

Cons

No free food horrible working conditions

Wasnt a bad place to start just need something for better kitchen experience and better pay

Wish there was better pay and i need a place where there is better kitchen experience and overall i loved working there, very nice people to work for.

Ice Cream Scooper/Cashier

I personally did not have the best time working there, I did not find everyone friendly. It also was very stressful at times. The pay was not that great, the children were fun to interact with though.

No good management skills

Poor management they do not know how to communicate properly and all respectful minor I enjoy working with the staff it's just poor management skills.

Management could be better.

It gets busy. Wish I could make more money and have more hours. People are nice there. Managers could do better in there part of the job though. I like it.

Pros

People are nice

Cons

Could give more hours

Fun but chaos

I think that my last job was too crazy sometimes I am looking for less stressful environment, the rushes were unavoidable and when the crew was under staffed we just had to swim or drown, so often I was handing unhappy customers.

Great place for understanding a basic work place

Happy joes was a great job. I enjoyed all the people I worked with there and I believe they enjoyed my help there. It’s a great place for a first time person entering a working environment. It taught me the basics of customer importance and how it is like working along side others and creating relations within in a very popular and busy business.

Terrible upper management

Upper management sits in the corporate office and is watching there stores fail and does nothing to help out but send out a abundance of emails hoping that there generic ideas work they refuse to work in the stores and will hire anyone for a quick fix just so they do not to have to be in the stores working. There systems are extremely out dated and old the company as a whole won’t last it’s too bad there destroying a legacy.

Pros

Working with the youth helping them grow so they can move on.

Cons

Terrible upper management Extremely under paid for the work you put in.

Bad Upper Management

Pay is horrible, shift coaches are joke they will just walk out and leave the employees when it get super busy or sit in the office or run around and freak out instead of helping get the job done. They expect you to do extra work for no extra pay. If your desperate for a job I guess it will get you by but don’t trust anyone they will turn on you so fast and everyone talks about everyone behind there back when your not there. Happy Joe’s Pizza charges a lot of money for a pizza and they are using frozen pizza dough.

Pros

I guess I got free food

Cons

Pay, environment, frozen pizza dough

Fun place to work, not good management

It was a nice place for a first or part time job, but the managers would bring their personal problems into work and take it out on the employees and even sometimes the customers.

Management isn't great

Sometimes it's a great place to work but the managers pick and choose who they want to be fair with. So in other words if your not the favorite you won't have the schedule you desire or worked hard to get!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Happy Joe's Pizza & Ice Cream. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.4
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight