HARBIN CLINIC Employee Reviews

fabulous providers
Clinical Externship (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJuly 20, 2018
wonderful providers and great teamwork with staff. management could be better. see a steady patient load a day. work with one specific provider but help among the team
Poor Management
Patient Services Representative III (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAApril 27, 2018
Extreme micromanaging as well as a very high turnover rate. Enjoyed the mission and vision of the Harbin Clinic and all physicians, however, the management does not reflect any values of the company. Patients are not first, the numbers are.
Very stressful and low pay
Back Office Nurse (Former Employee) –  Armuchee, GAMarch 24, 2018
I would not recommend Harbin to anyone. They are more concerned with the way the company looks and the publicity than their employees. I was asked many times to complete tasks and work for my physician “in my own time. “ Examples include: clock out for lunch but to work through lunch or clock out for the day and continue to work after hours. From day one of the job my work schedule dramatically changed into schedules that I was not able to work.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Asked to work off the clock and poor pay
good
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAFebruary 26, 2018
good steady job, good benefits. It is a caring place and they do want you to succeed in life. Pay is a little low but other than that is is a great place to work.
enjoyable part of the job
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAFebruary 20, 2018
i enjoyed working with friendly coworkers. i also liked interacting with patients and their family members of all ages and backgrounds. also enjoyed not working weekends and most holidays.
Worked with great people
Certified Diabetes Educator (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 30, 2018
I had a great supervisor at Harbin clinic and had excellent co workers and CDE's with much more experience than I had. They were great mentors and I learned a lot about diabetes and diabetes education.
Pros
great peolpe to work with and learn from.
Cons
Our supervisor left and they eventually closed the diabetes center.
Harbin cares completely
Certified Coding Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 20, 2018
Harbin Clinic is a great place to work. Harbin cares completely for its patients and it’s employees. Everyone works as a team. Harbin is very welcoming and friendly.
Information Specialist with training of new staff
Information Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 17, 2018
Trainer for new employees and clinical and office staff on Athena (new electronic medical records program}

I learned so much on the program and working with physicians and office staff. So many personalities. My ability to work with difficult personalities was recognized by Harbin and I was sent out in many situations that were difficult.

I enjoyed the ability to plan and schedule my workday and ability to build programs for the different departments, Such as Pediatrics and the Age requirements by the state for children.
Pros
Getting to know the different physicians
Cons
Being the bad guy with all the changes required.
Great Organization
Chief Information Officer (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 13, 2018
Harbin Clinic has a very strong culture of collaborative work environment and strong community involvement. They truly care about their employees and providing the best clinical care for their patients.
Pros
A very caring work environment
Good place to intern.
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Rome, GADecember 17, 2017
Worked here as an intern in college. The people were very friendly to work with and the work was sufficient and productive for an intern. Great learning experience!
A very freindly atmosphere, every one is pleasant and makes you feel a part of the work family
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Armuchee, GADecember 6, 2017
A typical day would be very busy with patients coming in for labs to be drawn early. It was very busy before lunch.
I learned how to read drug screens, run flu test and urinalysis.
Management was very good. They make sure everything is running smoothly and that you have what you need in the lab.
I like the fact that everyone wears the same color of scrubs on the same days. Everyone tries to help each other when possible. Some try to get someone else to do their work but it all works out when they are told they will have to do their job.
The hardest part of the job was having to do blood draws on someone that is dehydrated. We let the patients know they can have water the morning before they are getting labs drawn.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to hear a patient say I didn't even feel the needle go in my arm and some would say are you finished when I would start to wrap their arm after the blood draw. Working in the Armuchee facility was a great experience for me the people was great to work with.
Productive workplace with many great challenges.
PC Technician (Current Employee) –  Rome, GANovember 26, 2017
A typical day for a PC Technician would be commuting to different office buildings to provide service to clients in a variety of ways from hardware/ software PC issues to network troubleshooting and fixes.
Pros
Great place to learn
Harbin has been good to me!
Director of Accounting (Current Employee) –  Rome, GANovember 14, 2017
I've worked for Harbin 20 years! It's been solid place to work. I've been able to learn and grow in the position. The cost allocations are challenging to ensure each shareholder/provider is allocated the correct income and expense. This is further complicated by the ancillary professional transfer allocations. Ultimately the cost allocations represent the biggest challenge since individual physician compensation hinges on this methodology. Even though Harbin is a partnership, we allocation directly most revenue and expenses. Additionally Harbin employs 1000+ employees and we manage different payrolls. These all add to the complexity at Harbin.
Pros
Flexible hours, excellent colleagues
Cons
Managing the volume of work along with individual requests
Remaining Professional and Kind
Cardiology LPN (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GANovember 12, 2017
I learned that it is sometimes difficult to blend different persons into a coherent high functioning machine. I also learned that my only purpose in any setting is to be there for the patients...no matter what the climate is inside the office staff. Patients are my job security in any setting and I will always strive to place them first in all things.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Challenging to your intra-personal skills.
Medial Assistant float pool (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAOctober 20, 2017
I worked as a float to all offices. I loved this job. People here were very helpful and friendly. Loved the managers here, very clear on there needs for that day.
Pros
lots of free lunches, one hour for lunch.
Cons
I had to leave, moved.
Terrible management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAOctober 7, 2017
They will work you so hard that you’ll burn out and snap. Letting management know isn’t any good. They made it very clear they don’t care about their employees. Well unless your a favorite
Pros
Free lunches occasionally
Cons
Poor management
Love working here
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAAugust 28, 2017
Harbin is a great place to work. The staff is vert helpful and the environment is always friendly and fun to work in. My employers have really helped me stay on pace with my learning.
Strong and growing company
Phlebotomist/Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 23, 2017
Must adhere to the "Harbin" way of doing things which includes standard job basics as wearing the approved uniforms (which they pay for), be there on time, show up for work, do you job and remember customer care. So many these days don't get these simple tenets. Company is going through some "growing pains" as they have become highly successful in the NW Georgia area. Work environments are very nice.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Have become bogged down with regulations and policies
Run!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAAugust 17, 2017
Definitely the worst company I have ever worked for. Low pay, management WILL treat you horrible and never have to answer for it. No one has your back and if they don't like you they will make your job harder on you until you either leave or they can scratch up a reason to fire you
Pros
Great place to get your foot in the door.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAAugust 4, 2017
Overall I would say that this is a decent place to work. They're great about hiring people straight out of school so that's a plus if you don't have experience.

There are a lot of free lunches and other little goodies (candy, shirts, etc.) that are given on a regular basis. You also get tons of vacation and sick time.

Most of the coworkers in my department are great about doing their jobs and getting along well. Most have a great sense of personal accountability.

On the con side the pay is low. Even the raises are low. After 1 year I was only given a 25 cent raise which quite frankly was insulting.

Also I wish they would help their employees with furthering their education like many hospitals do.

There is a lot of turn over. In the year and a half I've been here we've had 3 managers. One of which had no idea what she was doing.
Pros
Paid time off, good coworkers
Cons
Low pay, few opportunities for advancement, high turnover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HARBIN CLINIC. Our community is ready to answer.