Harbor Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Harbor good employment, good environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 20, 2018
I enjoyed working for Harbor Behavioral Health and look foreword to using my skills as I utilize an progressive career as a social worker. Furthermore, I personally enjoy working with the youth, although emotionally challenged, the capability for change and adapt to learning another coping method is wonderful.
Pros
Working as a professional, helping others to achieve personal goals.
Cons
Not being able to reach emotionally mentally or become progressive.
Its a productive and safe place to work.
Administrative Secretary - Peer Mentor (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 27, 2018
I really enjoy working at Harbor. I have great co-workers and we work in a very comfortable atmosphere. Everyone is nice and is willing to help each other with any needs that we might have. I would recommend this job to anybody that needs a job.
Pros
They give you two 15 min breaks and one hour lunch when you work a 8 hour shift.
People do not like it there
School Based Clinician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 16, 2018
People do not seem to like it there and the management do not seem to think the people who work there are competent. As a clinician you have a lot of clients and it is difficult to manage them all but it is not difficult to meet unit expectations.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Not valued as an employee
Residential Support Specialist Review
Residential Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJuly 11, 2018
Typical day is either very easy or stressful. Can be stressful working with schizophrenic clients who yell all the time and don't appreciate the work staff does.

Company has bad PTO/sick time rules, requiring employees to use 16 PTO hours before being able to use sick time.
Pros
Physically easy job
Cons
Mentally stressful
Good
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 24, 2018
They have good breaks. You get payed weekly. Easy job to get done. Your mostly scanning documents and entering data. Making up worked that there behind in.
Horrible place to work
Health Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 31, 2018
Run away from them when you can.
Worst place to work ever!!.
Revisit contract with lawyer before signing.
Leads just care about themselves. They don't follow any employment rules, neither have any ethical values.
Turnover is really high. Manipulate people with needs.
Patients are considered as just another number and employees as money making machine for leads.
Ended my employment as soon as I could after paying substantial amount as lawyer's fee.
Still can not understand how they have 4 plus stars on reviews. If possible I would have given negative stars.
Pros
Cons
all
Very Poor Leadership
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 13, 2018
The people in the highest level of leadership have very poor management skills. They exhibit extremely poor active listening skills and do not know how to manage work flow effectively. They constantly demand tasks be completed NOW with no sense for the multitude of tasks that staff are focused on. Fear is the primary motivator that these people use to get the results they are looking for. Turn over is jaw dropping. However, leadership appears to either not notice or not care. This use to be an excellent company to work for but it has changed so much over the past 3 years as to be unrecognizable. The number of talented professionals who finally threw up their hands and said “enough” is truly staggering. Run, don’t walk in the other direction!
Cons
Stressful, chaotic, poor leadership
Selfish company to work for.
Author plans (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 29, 2018
Coworkers and clients - excellent.
Direct line supervisor - excellent.
Health care - excellent.

Upper-management - beyond poor.
pay rate - beyond poor.
culture and morale - beyond poor.
expectations of productivity - 110 % of 100 % of your day

Pros
Cons
Read the above
Unorganized, deceitful workplace
Accounts Receivable Clerk, (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 21, 2018
Their work Culture is not withheld by their actions, Upper Management do not care about their employees very negative deceitful people, employees train themselves, Heavy workload without proper training.
Pros
Decent Pay, Insurance, Pto
Cons
Uncomfortable, Negative environment, Decieving workplace Culture
A tough but rewarding job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCFebruary 27, 2018
Harbor, Inc. helps victims of domestic violence. My day consisted of working closely with the Director to make sure the office ran smoothly. I also worked with victims, helping them find housing, taking them to court to be an advocate, helping their children settle in to our shelter, etc. I took phone calls to assess weather or not Harbor was the right choice or if they needed other services. Daily administrative duties.
Pros
Working very close to home
Cons
Seeing so much sadness
harbor
Residental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHFebruary 23, 2018
laid back, easy job, some days stressful but management gave mental health days if needed. med pass became routine with the days which also made for an easy med pass.
Electronic Typical day as a Records Conversion Clerk
Temporary Scanning Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 7, 2018
Remove documents from patient charts, Sort and label paperwork prior to scanning, Transfer records to electronic format for diagnostic and billing usage, Re-align patient charts to increase readability, Use scanner to convert charts to new system. Train new hires in the Smartcare system. Scan in ROI’s and Disclose information, non-compliant letters, and distribute to proper co-workers for approvals. Also, disclose records to clients and agencies.
Not a top workplace.
CPST (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 1, 2018
Pay: Terrible. Really quite embarrassing and do not expect a raise. Only Upper Management are entitled to raises.

Upper Management: don’t have a clue about mental health and caring for patients. They stick together and your concerns may be heard but will always be ignored. Work load continues to increase, billable units keep increasing in expectation. You work and they play.

Department managers: these people do not know what they’re doing. How they obtain these positions is beyond me. Don’t expect any help from them. They are not there to help you . This department is a bunch of ladder climbers willing to do ANYTHING to get into upper management.

Co workers: many are great.BUT this company has taken its toll on many of their employees. The employees are run down / beat down. So many fantastic employees have left due to numerous issues. This is a place that cares for mentally ill. Yet the work environment here cause depression, anxiety, stress, fear, exhaustion etc in its very own employees. The turn over rate is at an all time high in all departments. Working here is literally causing people to be physically and mentally ill from the stress. It’s really sad.
Pros
Co workers
Do Not Work Here
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 28, 2018
They do not care about you. All upper management cares about are themselves and getting to the top. They lie and tell you what they want you to hear and then will do things behind your back.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this company
Home Health Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 22, 2018
Did not care for how they treated their clients. Changed management and put people in position that had no ideal of what they were doing. Care more about money and less about clients.
Pros
Flexibility, Benefits
I loved my job, my co-workers, and my clients
Child and Adolescent Therapist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 17, 2018
Harbor was a great place to work. My co-workers were supportive, my managers were available, and my job was interesting and fulfilling. I only left due to a necessary cross-country move and I miss Harbor.
Great coworkers, not so great in most other ways
CPST, Behavior Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 8, 2018
Harbor has terrible turnover in most “entry” (bachelors) positions because you’re overworked and underpaid. I worked for them for 3 years. Slowly during my time, they seemed to care less and less about their employees and their wellbeing and more about money. Honestly, after their Promedica affiliation is when things seemed to go south, but that could be coincidental. I worked 2 different positions and loved my coworkers at both - there is a general sense of collaboration and they, aside from how I worked with my clients, were my favorite part of my employment. There are also some people that really, really love their job and do it well. They still don’t get paid much, however. After 3 years there, my pregnancy ended up with complications and I had to go on bedrest for a couple weeks. My daughter was then born 3 months early. After I ran through my FMLA, my daughter had just come home and I requested an unpaid leave of absence to stay with my 4 lb infant. This request was denied. I had stuck around Harbor because I liked the population I worked with and my coworkers, but this just really reaffirmed that this was not a company that cared about it’s employees. My position was not a popular one - it was rather difficult and had a very high turnover rate - but I loved it.
Pros
Coworkers, collaborative
Cons
Money focused, they’ll make things extremely hard on their employees to save money, “higher ups” seem entirely out of touch with the “lower” employees’ jobs
Don’t pay attention to this
Babysitting - Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJDecember 10, 2017
I didn’t work here idk why it won’t let me say I didn’t work here. I babysat in egg Harbor not this place. I have nothing else to say just clarifying.
depends on where you work and who you work for.
administrative/ clerical (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 4, 2017
Loved my job until I was moved and it was my demise. the job I did at Harbor was excellent. I love to make a difference in others lives. I feel that is what the problem was at my job.
Disorganized
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 1, 2017
It was busy, disorganized, and required a lot of travel
There was no training, supervision, or support
Caring for the patients was great, but I did not have a chance to get to know them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harbor Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about