Harbor Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Job is awesome in theory
Qualified Mental Health Specialist (QMHS) (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 11, 2019
Harbor has a lot of turnaround and people are constantly leaving, but aren’t replaced fast enough. The largest complaint from clients is that once they get comfortable with someone they leave. We have months waiting list for services and clients get frustrated and don’t follow through. Over worked and understaffed. Don’t have enough support from management. No communication between teams. It’s frustrating
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Cool job for college students who need some change
Transition Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMarch 12, 2019
This job is a good start up for college students looking to make over $12 an hour but you only get 24 hours a week! There’s chances for you to pick up shifts but you can’t go over 29.9 hours a week which is unrealistic for us bill paying workers. Management kind of sucked because she didn’t know what she was talking about ever and made unnecessary meetings every week. I stayed in Toledo and had to drive to bg for an hour every week for a 1 hour meeting about nothing. If you can find elsewhere do so! Their turnover rate is so high smh
Dont fall for the bullcrap
Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 25, 2019
This place may be relaxed but it is micro managed. The are very fake & sneaky. The attendance policy IS THE WORSE I HAVE EVER SEEN. There is no real support & upper management only think about themselves & money. The do not really care for the clients and all they care about is money. I just don’t like working here.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
EVERYTHING else.
Coworkers make it worth it
Clinical Therapist II (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 17, 2019
Coworkers are wonderful, the company culture is lacking. The most difficult part of the job is the lack of support from upper management. Communication is minimal from upper management as well.
habor is not a good place to work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 3, 2019
The environment is very stressful. Upper management does not value their loyal employees. Love working with the clients but management does not run the company well.
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 10, 2018
Very hard company to work for....use to be a great company very family oriented until new CEO was hired in then became less care and more about the money. You are over worked and under paid....treated like a child by management. And how dare you if you know more then management. This company has gone down hill and it started with the hiring of CEO. Would not recommend working here to anyone!!
Cons
Micro managing, Pompous CEO, negative atmosphere
declining culture
Vocational Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 3, 2018
My division of Harbor was not a core service within Harbor, it was a value added service. When first starting there, that wasn't a big deal but it became more of a negative factor after the new CEO came and began paring down the various services Harbor provides to its customers.
Pros
hours were good and it could be rewarding
Cons
Very difficult to meet revenue goals and our services were not always valued by senior management
Residential setting
Counselor Aide I (CDCA) (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHNovember 8, 2018
Great place to work, just be prepared to be patient, understanding and empathetic towards the woman staying.
Learned a great deal about addiction and addiction services that are available for someone struggling with addiction.
Hardest part of the job was knowing that only a small percentage of the women in the program will go on to be successful and not use again.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing them (clients) go through and work the program, successfully complete the program and get their children back home with them.
Cons
breaks were hard to take at times
Great place to work!
Harbor Employee (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 26, 2018
Harbor really cares about the employees and patients both. I appreciate the work life balance and is the best I have ever had at any job. Work 8 hours with flex scheduling available when needed. Great vacation, sick, and holiday pay. Great benefits too - for a single employee there is even a completely free option or if covered by a spouse they will pay you not to take their benefits! Up to a 6% retirement match. Tuition and professional license reimbursement. For clinicians - supervisory hours are free/no non-compete agreement needed like at other agencies. Pay is fair, but not extremely high but that is part of working for a non-profit/community mental health agency.
Pros
Work-life balance, culture, benefits, paid time off
Cons
There really are none for me
Harbor good employment, good environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 20, 2018
I enjoyed working for Harbor Behavioral Health and look foreword to using my skills as I utilize an progressive career as a social worker. Furthermore, I personally enjoy working with the youth, although emotionally challenged, the capability for change and adapt to learning another coping method is wonderful.
Pros
Working as a professional, helping others to achieve personal goals.
Cons
Not being able to reach emotionally mentally or become progressive.
Pleasant and welcoming environment to work in.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 8, 2018
Enjoyed working there. I was given interesting and challenging work to do even though I was a temporary employee. Workplace culture is very good and you receive lots of very useful training regarding the culture of the company.

My only regret is that they seem to transfer/hire from within the company for new positions, so its very hard for an outsider to get in as a regular employee.

I would work there in a heartbeat if I could get hired, and work there part-time (32 hours per week), on a permanent basis.
Its a productive and safe place to work.
Administrative Secretary - Peer Mentor (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 27, 2018
I really enjoy working at Harbor. I have great co-workers and we work in a very comfortable atmosphere. Everyone is nice and is willing to help each other with any needs that we might have. I would recommend this job to anybody that needs a job.
Pros
They give you two 15 min breaks and one hour lunch when you work a 8 hour shift.
People do not like it there
School Based Clinician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 16, 2018
People do not seem to like it there and the management do not seem to think the people who work there are competent. As a clinician you have a lot of clients and it is difficult to manage them all but it is not difficult to meet unit expectations.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Not valued as an employee
Residential Support Specialist Review
Residential Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJuly 11, 2018
Typical day is either very easy or stressful. Can be stressful working with schizophrenic clients who yell all the time and don't appreciate the work staff does.

Company has bad PTO/sick time rules, requiring employees to use 16 PTO hours before being able to use sick time.
Pros
Physically easy job
Cons
Mentally stressful
Good
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 24, 2018
They have good breaks. You get payed weekly. Easy job to get done. Your mostly scanning documents and entering data. Making up worked that there behind in.
Horrible place to work
Health Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 31, 2018
Run away from them when you can.
Worst place to work ever!!.
Revisit contract with lawyer before signing.
Leads just care about themselves. They don't follow any employment rules, neither have any ethical values.
Turnover is really high. Manipulate people with needs.
Patients are considered as just another number and employees as money making machine for leads.
Ended my employment as soon as I could after paying substantial amount as lawyer's fee.
Still can not understand how they have 4 plus stars on reviews. If possible I would have given negative stars.
Pros
Cons
all
Very Poor Leadership
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 13, 2018
The people in the highest level of leadership have very poor management skills. They exhibit extremely poor active listening skills and do not know how to manage work flow effectively. They constantly demand tasks be completed NOW with no sense for the multitude of tasks that staff are focused on. Fear is the primary motivator that these people use to get the results they are looking for. Turn over is jaw dropping. However, leadership appears to either not notice or not care. This use to be an excellent company to work for but it has changed so much over the past 3 years as to be unrecognizable. The number of talented professionals who finally threw up their hands and said “enough” is truly staggering. Run, don’t walk in the other direction!
Cons
Stressful, chaotic, poor leadership
Selfish company to work for.
Author plans (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 29, 2018
Coworkers and clients - excellent.
Direct line supervisor - excellent.
Health care - excellent.

Upper-management - beyond poor.
pay rate - beyond poor.
culture and morale - beyond poor.
expectations of productivity - 110 % of 100 % of your day

Pros
Cons
Read the above
Unorganized, deceitful workplace
Accounts Receivable Clerk, (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 21, 2018
Their work Culture is not withheld by their actions, Upper Management do not care about their employees very negative deceitful people, employees train themselves, Heavy workload without proper training.
Pros
Decent Pay, Insurance, Pto
Cons
Uncomfortable, Negative environment, Decieving workplace Culture
A tough but rewarding job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCFebruary 27, 2018
Harbor, Inc. helps victims of domestic violence. My day consisted of working closely with the Director to make sure the office ran smoothly. I also worked with victims, helping them find housing, taking them to court to be an advocate, helping their children settle in to our shelter, etc. I took phone calls to assess weather or not Harbor was the right choice or if they needed other services. Daily administrative duties.
Pros
Working very close to home
Cons
Seeing so much sadness

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harbor Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Harbor Behavioral Health Reviews by Location