Harbor Chase Employee Reviews

It's just too hot
Med Tech/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  AL 2 floorsSeptember 11, 2018
Its 80 degree working all day, I'molder...and not doing well in the heat, and no relief all day as running all day, sweat running off my face and hair...
very hurried and short staffed
Pros
Free lunch
Interesting Job
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Shorewood, WIAugust 25, 2018
After my time at HarborChase I think about my time there. I think the job aside from the management was wonderful. I loved my clients, the elderly and I loved being around them. As far as how things were managed I think they need to improve on that. There was favoritism and I was terminated over things that were false. I loved my job and I was devastated when I lost it. My coworkers were great and it the job didn't even feel like real work. It was such an amazing job and I'm so grateful I had the opportunity to even work there.
Pros
Coworkers, Pay, Clientele, Hours etc
care giver
Caregiver / Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALAugust 24, 2018
Depending on what shift I was scheduled to work depended on what tasks I needed to complete. I loved my job, the staff, the residents. loved my job and will miss it deeply. only reason i left is because I am relocating my family to another county.
I loved my residents! However it’s a toxic work environment.
Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLAugust 9, 2018
Poor management, very unorganized, always understaff and under appreciated for the workers who pick up slack. Management talked down on their staff and only offered $10.50-$11.00/hr for CNA work. I did however build a connection with the residents and it does make me sad to leave them.
Fun place to work
Life Enrichment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLAugust 8, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time at Harbor Chase. I found the management always placed the residents needs as a priority to anything. Working in both Assisted Living and Memory Care gave me the chance to develop relationships with fellow staff and the residents. They excel in enhancing the quality of life for their residents.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJuly 29, 2018
Okay place to work. Pay wasn’t the best, the residents were sweet. They were always doing something for the residents and respected there religion so they’d hold church services on sundays for Christians
Don't work there!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 16, 2018
So unorganized, patient's dont get even close what they pay for. so much neglect. Some of the employee's that been there a while really helped you when needing a hand. As far as managment they don't get off their seat for nothing!
Pros
Patient's are precious.
Cons
Unorganized, all about the almighty dollar.
Nice facility, but inexperienced management with high turnover
Administrative Assistant and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJuly 5, 2018
Paid holidays, but you do not get off holidays. Open 24/7

You get "two ten minute" breaks a day if possible. After working almost a year I never got one so I resigned.. Management does not "guarantee" breaks.

Over five directors left within months not counting hourly employees. The last receptionist resigned after three days. Another replacement Director left within weeks. Turnover causes more stress for all

Suggestion to HRA management. Get some powered doors before some resident cracks their hip and for security sake...take the last name off of the female's staff badges.
Pros
Good health benefits but costs almost week of pay
Cons
Very high turnover
Employees are not appreciated
Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Lady Lake, FLJuly 4, 2018
I worked at Harbor Chase for a year. Loved my residents and few co-workers. New management came in and people started leaving. We were promised to be rewarded for sticking it out with the shortage. We were rewarded for our dedication with our hours being cut and lied to about why. The worst management I have ever seen. Absolutely no communication unless it's gossip from employees who thrive off of making stories up and tattling to make themselves look better. Management will punish workers before talking to them about the issues, solely going off of gossip not facts. Residents are just numbers to them so employees are not appreciated either. Third shift never had a night nurse just a Care Partner that couldn't be bothered by doing her job. New nurses wouldn't last because they too were over worked and under appreciated.
If you want a job that you enjoy going to and are appreciated.... Look somewhere else.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Poor management, lazy co-workers
ok
Memory Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCJune 29, 2018
It is an okay place to work at. Thee is not a lot of teamwork and management is never on the same page. The residents are a joy to work with. They are sweet and make the job worth it.
Alf
LPN (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 16, 2018
I would not go into this company again, lots of staff against you, not team players at all, coming back on the next day, seemed to double your work, no team work
Great job
Food/Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 6, 2018
interact with elderly, good pay and benefits, good hours, good first or second job, management is awesome, hours are great and flexible, vacation time is great
Good Company
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLJune 5, 2018
Good company, good leadership. friendly staff, nice building. Don't have anything but good things, was a good experience. No issues.

great location and great cooks
Harbor Chase
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLJune 3, 2018
Working here is a job for a select few. It’s a great place to work if you have a tough stomach and a determination. It can be quit rough at times because of the hours you sometimes work!
Residents are the only good thing
Medication Technician/ Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 30, 2018
If you're looking for something to do to bring cash flow, get a few paychecks and leave. Management is crooked, families pay too much for the terrible service residents receive. Theres no organization. Always a front when State walks in or family (smile in their faces and kiss butt), but behind closed doors, another story. Save your time and work elsewhere.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Non-Existent breaks, Excessive list of duties, short time span
Nice but Management is not the best
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 22, 2018
The team members are very rude. Residents are extremely sweet, although a couple are hard to work with. In the end, it is not the worst place to work, just be able to communicate.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Team Members
The residents were Awesome, the staff moral was extremely poor
Life Enrichment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 17, 2018
This started out as an amazing community, but with new management and high turnover, it quickly became an uncomfortable place to work and also not a pleasant place for residents to live.
Pros
the residents
Cons
Lack of communication from managemnt
Stressful, poor management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLMay 15, 2018
This place is all about making the budget, and how much they can benefit from patients and residents, not patient care. The workplace is fast paced and there is never enough help scheduled. The pay is o.k. if it was for the job you are supposed to do but not for the job you actually have to do. If you work here be prepared to work hard and not be appreciated. I love my peers and the residents are great but the management is awful.
Pros
Good benefits, great peers
Cons
Short to no breaks, poor management, no employee appreciation
I would not recommend working at Harbor Chase.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 14, 2018
CNAS work very hard for little pay. There are to many patients for the number of workers since they are almost always understaffed especially in memory care. There are alot of call offs especially on the weekend. The big bosses are alswys talking bad about each other. Teamwork is not good you are on your own to do almost everything. CNAS only get a 1/2 hour break but the waitresses are in the break time ALL of the time. There is free food if anything is leftover after lunch or dinner.
Very thorough
DIRECTOR OF SALES (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 19, 2018
I enjoyed the competitive and fast pace at Harbor Chase. Management was ever changing, which was difficult. That was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I met and worked with.
Pros
people
Cons
management changes