Harbor Chase Employee Reviews

Director of sales
Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 16, 2018
I have worked for HarborChase for 2years and the environment is awesome.
I love the culture and the core values of the company are demonstrated in everything we do and throughout the whole team. Policy and procedures are what I see are missing from most assisted living companies and here everything is in place and the support is out standing. They want you to be successful and give you all the tools to do so!
This is not a place to work if you are lazy and like to cut corners.
You are held accountable for all your work and for your department.
This is why we are the best.

If you are just looking for a paycheck and to fly under the radar this is not for you. The teams are strong and each member is here because they fill a calling to be a servant leader and to use there God given talents every day in there work.

I read a lot of the poor reviews and I'm happy those people have left the company that only made us stronger.

If you want to fill rewarded everyday and you want to make a difference this is the company for you!
Pros
Excellent foundation and core values, All the tools to be successful
Cons
None I feel very satisfied
wrost place to work for
Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALApril 10, 2018
I worked at habor chase for 3 years I would not go back wrost place to work manment they don't care about the people there or you the one I worked at only care about how much money she could bring in and the workers were crapunder her feet I can't say enough bad things about this place I loved the people who lived and was sad to leave them but could not take the drama with people wouldn't wanna ever go back. And the pay was awful
Pros
if u like working with older people u will love them
Hot mess
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 3, 2018
It is a hot mess, managers do not know what to do.They look to employees to who seem to have more know how than they do.A bunch of directors who do not know how to direct.
Medication Technician/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCApril 1, 2018
The hardest part of the job is when a resident takes Ill .its typically busy and a lot of running around .sometimes you can’t always finish what you started in the beginning of your shift .At the end of the day the residents are the best part of working there .
Pros
Family like atomsphere
Cons
Long breaks
Good place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 12, 2018
Awede place to work and always smiling and fun people to be around and great residents and great food and never a dull moment very out spoken people.
Poor Management
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Aiken SCMarch 10, 2018
Management is terrible. Nursing is terrible. Care partners and Med techs have bad attitudes. No room to learn or advancement. They’re is ABSOLUTELY nothing positive about working for HRA. Inexperienced lazy people.
Pros
Cons
Short staffed.. over worked.. underpaid.
Needs better employees
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 3, 2018
Employees are always calling out being late gossiping creating drama. No teamwork not even from management. Schedules are all over the place. Not enough staff to cover.
The food service departments are deplorable
Director of Hospitality (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 15, 2018
I work for multiple locations, I manage staff, and cook. The upper management is completely disorganized. I never have a set schedule and am put into the fire pit every location I go to. Employee morale is low, and management is terrible.
Pros
Corporate CC
Cons
no breaks, long day, high expectations
great compnay
Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 11, 2018
Great place to work. Very fair and cares about the employees and the residents. I would work there again. Great place to place your love one. Has the best Marketing Director and best nurses around.
poor management
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 9, 2018
they pocket most of your check so all them hours you put in the do not reward you for your hard work they mandate you and work you like a slave. they take anybody to passed meds and you dont have to be certified.
Pros
nothing good
Cons
everything for little pay
Enjoyable work experience
Medication Technician/Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 23, 2018
I loved caring for the residents. Taking the time to get to know them and how they preferred things done.
Memory care residents can take a lot out of you emotionally, but the management works well with seeing that workers benefit form education to stress.
As Med Tech you are expected the management of the med cart and accurate MAR is essential. Following the "Residents Rights" of medication. Watch for any reaction to medication given. Knowing the medication given. Notify the nurse of any change in the resident.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Cooperation of coworkers
Fun work place very relaxed
Life Enrichment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 20, 2018
There's really nothing much to say about Harbor Chase it was a well experienced job that I was glad to work for, and I will feel obligated to continue my position if I didn't have to go away for college but overall its a good place to work.
It is a decent job.
Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Jasper, AL 35501January 20, 2018
I liked working there but you basically do CNA work without the pay. You assist and care for the elderly. The people are friendly and you do get breaks.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Poor pay
Fast paced place to work
CARE PARTNER (Current Employee) –  Lady Lake, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Great job to start out in but definitely needs help with management. Will give you more hours if need be. I have worked all the shifts and they are all the same. It is a very fast paced environment to work.
Stressful
Dining Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 13, 2018
The assisted living factility mixed with memory care unit makes working here stressful. The workload is rough with added stress from the clientele. It would work smoother with more employees.
Pros
Fixed schedule
Cons
Lack of help
I worked here long ago
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 21, 2017
I haven't worked here in a long time, but what I have heard recently isn't good.Except for the food I heard the food is great. I had fun when I worked here.
Pros
Fun
Cons
bad press
nice residents
CNA/Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 16, 2017
its an okay place to work, it has an assisted living and memory care unit.. the staff is easy to get along with and the administration cares somewhat..
harborchase
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 11, 2017
I enjoy working here, it is just a little far from home. I love the Executive director that we just had but she just recently changed positions. harbor chase is very lenient on scheduling as well
No team spirit at harborchase
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 7, 2017
I would not recommend any of my friends to even apply and harborchase of Sarasota board of directors need to come in I don't know. And see the true side Harbor Chase of Sarasota and then get rid of most of the directors at harborchase of Sarasota they look out for themselves not the residence or the employees and there are no team players here you're not allowed to help and any other Dept then yours you will get written up and the directors tell the future residence what they want them to hear just to get them sign the lease
Pros
Great residence
Cons
The directors Lookout for themselves not the residence or employees
good community culture
Director of Maintenance (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXDecember 6, 2017
The maintenance director job is a non-stop job. The work is very varied which is very rewarding being able to do a variety in a day or week. The workplace culture is of cooperation with everyone pitching in to make the community a success.