Harbor Chase Employee Reviews

beautiful place to work
Care Giver - Patience (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MINovember 28, 2018
i loved working at harbor chase why because the staff alone was wonderful working with them the residents where calm and so sweet and very soft hearted to all of us who ehelped them out .
not a fun place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL 32304November 26, 2018
Harbor Chase was stressful from the beginning. I enjoyed the residents but the staff and the managers were very rude and never could seem to get the job done with making sure all the other staff had what we needed to get our job done for the day. Everything about Harbor Chase was very unorganized.
Pros
breakfast and lunch was provided during break.
Cons
short breaks and no healthcare.
Long hours with no compensation of extra time worked
Director of Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasNovember 22, 2018
You better be looking to work
under a microscope. You will be pushed to swallow your pride and left with no support. Be prepared to work well over 60 hours and do most the labor yourself.. And definitely keep eye out on indeed, might find your job position listed before you are even told you are going to be let go.. Do yourself a favor, keep searching. Not worth the games.
Pros
Residents
Cons
The job. Do yourself a favor and keep looking elsewhere.
Really great place to work in assisting the elderly
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLNovember 14, 2018
Everyday I have learned something new. We as employees are treat very well. It is gratifying to be able to assist people and the reward is the love they give in return for your assistance.
extremely stressful
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Mandarin, FLNovember 8, 2018
everyone who works at harbor chase is amazing but the residents are just so rude and scream at waitresses all the time. working upstairs was insane in the mornings with only one waitress in the dining area and downstairs was just a whole mess. the residents are not understanding at all and just yell at you the entire time you’re trying to help them.
Pros
good pay
Cons
stressful
Nice Place
Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 24, 2018
Nice place but too many young ladies working who are not older than 21 years old which creates much immaturity at work that brings unprofessional situations.
Pros
The Pay is Good
Cons
Uniforms ..Abundance of teenage female co workers
Poor Management Don’t Care about Employees all Departments Short Staffed
Associate (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 24, 2018
Afraid to offer Opinions because you will be Fired they Don’t offer Reviews or Raises Easily The Managers think They are Better Than you and treat employees with little or no respect Directors have Less experience than the workers they are in charge of and they wanna charge employees for Food that’s gonna be thrown out in The Garbage to Justify the budget
Pros
Great Fellow Employees and Residents
Cons
The Whole Management Team Low Pay Lies and Fakes
Excellent company to work for.
Lead care partner (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 22, 2018
Harbor Chase McKinney is one of the greatest companies I myself have ever worked for. Outstanding management and over the top team ethic.I would recommend anybody working for this company.
The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 12, 2018
The residents at HarborChase was wonderful. The knew how to show their appreciation when you did something nice for them. Bless their hearts, they tr
It's just too hot
Med Tech/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  AL 2 floorsSeptember 11, 2018
Its 80 degree working all day, I'molder...and not doing well in the heat, and no relief all day as running all day, sweat running off my face and hair...
very hurried and short staffed
Pros
Free lunch
Interesting Job
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Shorewood, WIAugust 25, 2018
After my time at HarborChase I think about my time there. I think the job aside from the management was wonderful. I loved my clients, the elderly and I loved being around them. As far as how things were managed I think they need to improve on that. There was favoritism and I was terminated over things that were false. I loved my job and I was devastated when I lost it. My coworkers were great and it the job didn't even feel like real work. It was such an amazing job and I'm so grateful I had the opportunity to even work there.
Pros
Coworkers, Pay, Clientele, Hours etc
care giver
Caregiver / Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALAugust 24, 2018
Depending on what shift I was scheduled to work depended on what tasks I needed to complete. I loved my job, the staff, the residents. loved my job and will miss it deeply. only reason i left is because I am relocating my family to another county.
I loved my residents! However it’s a toxic work environment.
Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLAugust 9, 2018
Poor management, very unorganized, always understaff and under appreciated for the workers who pick up slack. Management talked down on their staff and only offered $10.50-$11.00/hr for CNA work. I did however build a connection with the residents and it does make me sad to leave them.
Fun place to work
Life Enrichment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLAugust 8, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time at Harbor Chase. I found the management always placed the residents needs as a priority to anything. Working in both Assisted Living and Memory Care gave me the chance to develop relationships with fellow staff and the residents. They excel in enhancing the quality of life for their residents.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJuly 29, 2018
Okay place to work. Pay wasn’t the best, the residents were sweet. They were always doing something for the residents and respected there religion so they’d hold church services on sundays for Christians
Don't work there!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 16, 2018
So unorganized, patient's dont get even close what they pay for. so much neglect. Some of the employee's that been there a while really helped you when needing a hand. As far as managment they don't get off their seat for nothing!
Pros
Patient's are precious.
Cons
Unorganized, all about the almighty dollar.
Nice facility, but inexperienced management with high turnover
Administrative Assistant and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJuly 5, 2018
Paid holidays, but you do not get off holidays. Open 24/7

You get "two ten minute" breaks a day if possible. After working almost a year I never got one so I resigned.. Management does not "guarantee" breaks.

Over five directors left within months not counting hourly employees. The last receptionist resigned after three days. Another replacement Director left within weeks. Turnover causes more stress for all

Suggestion to HRA management. Get some powered doors before some resident cracks their hip and for security sake...take the last name off of the female's staff badges.
Pros
Good health benefits but costs almost week of pay
Cons
Very high turnover
Employees are not appreciated
Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Lady Lake, FLJuly 4, 2018
I worked at Harbor Chase for a year. Loved my residents and few co-workers. New management came in and people started leaving. We were promised to be rewarded for sticking it out with the shortage. We were rewarded for our dedication with our hours being cut and lied to about why. The worst management I have ever seen. Absolutely no communication unless it's gossip from employees who thrive off of making stories up and tattling to make themselves look better. Management will punish workers before talking to them about the issues, solely going off of gossip not facts. Residents are just numbers to them so employees are not appreciated either. Third shift never had a night nurse just a Care Partner that couldn't be bothered by doing her job. New nurses wouldn't last because they too were over worked and under appreciated.
If you want a job that you enjoy going to and are appreciated.... Look somewhere else.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Poor management, lazy co-workers
ok
Memory Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCJune 29, 2018
It is an okay place to work at. Thee is not a lot of teamwork and management is never on the same page. The residents are a joy to work with. They are sweet and make the job worth it.
Alf
LPN (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 16, 2018
I would not go into this company again, lots of staff against you, not team players at all, coming back on the next day, seemed to double your work, no team work