Harbor Compliance

Working at Harbor Compliance: 10 Reviews

Challenging and rewarding workplace

The work environment is challenging and rewarding. Team members are bright, collaborative, and self motivated. The managers are accessible, trustworthy, and supportive. Tasks and goals are clearly defined.

Expect to work a lot

Not enough time to get work done. Management will say they care, but then confront you if the work does get the n time. Hypocritcal approach to almost all internal work/life balance issues

Harbor Compliance insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose

Good and Getting Better

For only being 9 years old, this company has accomplished more than most that I've associated with. As proof, one doesn't need to look any further back than the pandemic of 2020 when the company grew significantly in every way during the most challenging times. My co-workers are the best group of people I've ever worked with, and the leadership of the company is truly focused on, and committed to, making Harbor Compliance the best place to work. A recently hired employee shared that, "This is too good to be true!"

Pros

Teammates are awesome, Fast growth, Benefits package

Cons

A lot of change, Need to be a driven individual, Not for everyone

Best of the best

Harbor Compliance is a winning company. The culture is centered around client and employee success. Leadership invests heavily in training and supporting their employees. It's not easy work but it is rewarding. The pay and benefits are great. Comp and advancement are merit-based so this is an environment where top performers thrive.

Pros

Lot of upside and growth for top performers, flexible work from home policy, various perks

Cons

Recruiting is tough in this market making it harder to keep up with the growth

Great team, Poor Leadership

Success is predicated on your ability to learn the products/services/process on your own. Leadership is all over the place with zero sense of direction.

Pros

Cons

Micromanagement!

Management hires you bc you are an "A" player and proceeds to micromanage you

When I started there were no KPI's. Management developed some that had no bearing on the time necessary to complete a project. A government agency could say in writing "we are running at 6 months" and the KPI would still say 1 month. Management also does not push back to clients when there is a lack of pertinent information. Potential employees and clients should steer clear. The only time the CEO smiles is when talking about money, never about anything else in the company.

Forward thinking company with lots of opportunity for advancement

Harbor Compliance is a great place to work. The team is made up of intelligent hardworking individuals that still know how to create a fun and energetic culture. As a fairly new employee, I was beyond impressed with the organized training and support I received coming in. Management is always present for encouragement and assistance but does not micromanage. I feel that my opinion is trusted and valued and I really have a say in my work.

Pros

co-workers, advancement opportunities

Enjoyable work and work environment

I love my employment at Harbor Compliance for many reasons. The company operates as a cohesive team, always with team goals in mind, yet each individual employee is granted autonomy. As a marketing manager at Harbor Compliance I find my job to be challenging and rewarding. Management is supportive, helpful, and patient, and co-workers are pleasant and hard working. You'll quickly learn what it takes to drive a small business to success, and that's the most difficult and enjoyable part of the job.

Pros

Teamwork mentality, flexible schedule, unlimited potential for growth

Cons

Ever changing responsibilities and duties

Ample opportunities for advancement

I enjoy working at Harbor Compliance as I've been able to have a big impact in the success of my clients. Helping nonprofits and businesses manage their compliance across multiple states is an area of huge need right now. It's not an easy job, but it's incredibly rewarding one if you're up for the challenge. Having worked at a law firm and startup companies in the past, I can say the company culture at Harbor Compliance along with the growth opportunities are both excellent.

Pros

Autonomy of my work, clear vision for the future

Cons

Growing pains

Extremely rewarding, never dull company

I love working for Harbor Compliance. I have been an account manager for about 18 months, and the position is challenging and extremely rewarding. Working for a small business has daily struggles and victories. Dealing with hundreds of clients at any given time requires quick thinking and an ability to multitask. A full range of skills will be called upon and developed for client and supporting work. Great support network of co-workers and management. In all, if you work hard and like customer service (and have a good sense of humor), you'll love Harbor Compliance too.

Pros

Fast-paced environment, great co-workers, diverse experiences

Cons

Dealing with multiple tasks/issues simultaneously can be stressful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harbor Compliance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits