Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.:

Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA9 reviews
Fun place to work in, Supportive management group.
minimum pay rate but flexible hours,

Friendly atmosphere and great prices and sales events.

team work spirit, collaboration
August 12, 2017
We LOVE our associates and think we have the best in the industry! Thank you for all you do to help make Harbor Freight Tools a Great Place to Workshop. As you know we are committed to continuous improvement and your feedback will only help us get better, so thanks for sharing. All the best and we will see you in the stores.
Nothing positive, uplifting, or encouraging is said. They point out every flaw and never compliment. Ive heard them yell at and belittle other employees and supervisors. It is a hostile environment where you never feel secure in your job. They are always testing you and retraining. They push you to sell ITC's and ESP's but when you do they don't appreciate it. They simply tell you to sell more. The sales associate motto is customer focus, action oriented, and composure. However, they remind you daily not to be to nice to customers, don't make eye contact with them, and try not to make a connection with any of them. I was trained that cashiers are people herders and we should get them out as fast as possible. I shouldn't ask politely for the customer address that I should just ask for it then turn my body away from them so they feel like they have no choice but to give it to me. The composure would have to be not getting upset when our customers get very angry with us. I worked there 4 months and 8 people have either quit or been fired. You just don't get paid enough to be treated like that!
Pros
Free food occasionally
Cons
The store sucks the very life and joy out of you
November 12, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback with us, and we’re sorry you didn’t have the experience you desired. Because of the feedback from yourself and other Associates, we continue to improve our stores at all levels. Please know that we will forward your feedback to the appropriate Associates, and we appreciate all your hard work in Manassas.
Overall I enjoyed working at Harbor freight tools . The work was easy going and smooth paced. The people i worked with were easy to get along with . Everyone at this company wanted to get the job done. If i had the chance i would work here again .
July 26, 2018
We hope you keep in touch, and thanks again for all your work! Would be great to work together again, and good luck in your future career.
this company is more focused on sales of insurance plans for tools than the customer and employees. the management staff is abusive and controlling. A great place for cheap tools, and a terrible place to work.
Pros
it's work
Cons
everything else
February 2, 2018
We're sorry you did not have the experience that you desired at Harbor Freight Tools, but know that your feedback will be shared with the appropriate team members, and we wish you the best in your career journey.
A typical day would be assisting customers in purchasing merchandise. Customer service heavy with poor wages and a big diverse staff. Hardest part of the job was working nights in the warehouse.
December 4, 2017
Thank you so much for your hard work in Manassas, and we wish you the very best in your future career goals! Harbor Freight Tools is committed to continuous improvement, which your feedback is going to help us continue to do.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
okay place to work at even if you don't know anything about tools. pretty easy work on register but work in the back can the a lot sometimes. very organized workspace.
Pros
discount on tools
Cons
heavy lifting at times
August 12, 2017
We love that our associates work so hard to deliver value to the hardworking and appreciate all they do every day to make Harbor Freight Tools a great place to work and shop. As you know we are committed to constantly improving our processes and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we will make sure to share it with the appropriate team members. Thank you for your time with us here at Harbor Freight Tools and best of luck on your career journey.
Harbor frieght is a very unnproductive workplace with little order. although fellow employees are hard workers, management is very poor.
Pros
fellow employees
Cons
poor management
August 12, 2017
Thank you for your time with Harbor Freight Tools! We are working very hard to be a better place to work and shop and couldn't do it without our AWESOME associates around the country. We are committed to constant improvement and making sure that our associates are happy and learning so we appreciate your feedback. We wish you all the best on your career journey.
Very frustrating
Learn to be aware of suspicious and non suspicious characters

The most enjoyable part was working with people close in age
August 12, 2017
Productive fun place to work, I learned how to become a better team player, the management was nice and understanding . The co-workers make it a fun place. The most enjoyable part was being with fun people
Pros
Company lunchens
Cons
Short lunch breaks