Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,556 reviews matching the search See all 2,562 reviews
harbor freight
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJanuary 16, 2019
I enjoyed working here sometimes but I was a lot of long days and not that good of pay to be working as a cashier for that much it is a revolving door at this place also.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Do NOT apply at this location
LOGISTICS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 16, 2019
The culture is very bad at this company, many employees are rude and the management use derogatory language. They constantly ask to work extra hours at the last minute and expect you to stay. The schedule is never the same including the amount of hours. They are not understanding to personal issues.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Listed above
Not a place to work!!!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lavale, MDJanuary 15, 2019
Not a place to work management is not good at all change the schedule to benefit them hours are horrible and they work you like a dog for little not a family oriented store
Pros
Cons
Poor management
n/a
Sr. Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 14, 2019
I have nothing good nor bad to say about harbor freight...please don't work here is you are shy...must be outgoing person and have some knowledge of tools or be willing to learn
Fun place to work
Senior Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIJanuary 14, 2019
Poor management,you will learn plan o grams pricing stockroom organization room for advancement compteve pay rate pretty laid back and fast pace works
Bad store manager
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Auburndale, FLJanuary 14, 2019
Manager discriminates against women and makes people do other employee jobs .He talks bad about employees to other manager and supervisors.When you tell the manager thatpeople are not doing there job nothing gets done about it.The store is so nasty because management dosent make employee clean it.The shelves are never stocked like they should be.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Poor management
Harbor Freight Tools
Warhouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJanuary 14, 2019
While employed at this company it was a learning experience toward my warehouse career and resume.I enjoy working for the company and recommend it for a referral.
Its a good tool store to work
Logistic Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 14, 2019
For a woman like me that i dont know about tools before, this is my first job and I’ved learn and grow in this company. A good place for a part time stater.
Pros
You will learned a lot of tools if your a woman.
Cons
They only give a 4 hr minimin per day.
Logistics is fun
Customer service rep/ warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84115January 14, 2019
When you have the perfect crew from store manager to basic cashier and everyone in between it was literally the best work environment I've ever experienced! But don't expect much from HFT management and corporate teams these days.
Pros
Occasional paid lunch, Pto, Commission sales
Cons
Lack of teamwork, short lunch, excessive work duties
.Great place for advancement and incentives.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAJanuary 14, 2019
I gained a lot of skills from working here and there was advancement opportunities quickly available. Becoming good at suggestively selling programs would earn you an extra paychecks worth of commission. The day would usually consist of meeting with co-workers and the manager to discuss the days objectives and if we met the day before goal and what we could improve on. The way this company is run is very organized and easy to follow. The most enjoyable part would probably be the commission that was made from selling ITC's and warranty plans. The hardest part would be that the store had to meet a certain goal for the day for those warranties and you NEED to learn how to sell them.
Pros
commission, flexible
Just don't get injured
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 13, 2019
While working at harbor freight I really enjoyed it to a point. I got injured on one of my days off and had to wear an air cast boot on my foot. My doctors told me as long as I wore my boot I was perfectly fine to work. But harbor freight told me I wasn't allowed to work in my boot, though I had a doctors note saying it was required for me to work, and they wouldn't let me come back until I was healed. Which made it hard for me to pay rent and my medical bills because I have been out for a while now with no estimate on when ill heal.
it was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAJanuary 13, 2019
some members of management were lazy.
the sales basis was okay.
customers were mostly nice.
learning about the different tools was nice.
favoritism was a big thing.
January 14, 2019

Thank you for providing your feedback and contributing to our continuous improvement. We wish you the very best in Butler and in reaching your future career goals.

Very poor pay for the workload
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 13, 2019
For the amount of work and effort that is put into this job, you do not make enough to make it worth it. Management worked less than the other employees and would get most of the hours. I left because they scheduled me 4 hours in a week
January 14, 2019

Sorry to hear that you did not have the experience that you desired at Harbor Freight Tools, but we wish you the very best in your future career!

Competitive pay and benefits
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 13, 2019
Love the business model and benefits. Poor management in this particular store. Lack of hands on training. Too much computer training. Great benefits and discounts.
Pros
20% discount
January 14, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback, and good to know the areas of opportunity in Wichita and our training. Best of luck, and we look forward to your career growth with us at Harbor Freight Tools!

Productive and fun place to work for
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 13, 2019
Safe work place environment; promotes efficiency and effective time management; equal opportunity employer; starts early and ends the day just in time for the employees to have enough rest for the next working day; had processes in place which makes it easier for managers to do their job and get the most out of each employee; promotes open door policy which fosters a good working environment where employees are treated fairly;
January 14, 2019

Thank you so much for being a part of the Harbor Freight Tools family in Orlando! We appreciate you taking the time to write your feedback, and happy to hear you're enjoying working with the team. We look forward to seeing your growth with us.

Very Strong, profitable company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 12, 2019
Harbor Freight Tools is a family owned company based out of Calabasas, CA. It has been operating since the 1960's. It is very strong on customer service and devotes management hours throughout the day strictly for helping customers and directing associates. Harbor Freight has a strong focus on doing what is right for it's employees.
Pros
Family owned company, always looking to improve
Cons
Some inconsistency with associate accountability.
January 14, 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We wish you the best in your future career goals!

Safe and loving place to work
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Dillon, SCJanuary 10, 2019
Harbor Freight is a safe environment to work, it's a great place to work, it has build many careers for people for a lifetime, I would like to utilize my skills to a wonderful company.
January 14, 2019

Thank you so much for your feedback and complements! We agree that Harbor Freight Tools is a great place to work. Best of luck in reaching your future career goals!

Experience Working for Harbor Freight
Lead Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 10, 2019
You assign to daily task in every department, team work, great customer service, you learn team management in working as a group giving inventory check, helping customers sigh up for Harbor Freight Tools ads to receive coupons at home, work, sales on new tools, equipment, daily saving you receive every month or weekly ads. You work as a group working for Harbor Freight Tools in learning different types of tools, equipment supplies customers stop by a Harbor Freight Tools stores. The experience I had working for previous company Harbor Freight Tools was learning about tools, what type of supplies customers need for home improvements, job site, business, construction work in giving the customer the correct information and always acknowledge great customer service each day.
Pros
Great Company to work for
Cons
Pay Rate
January 14, 2019

We greatly appreciate you sharing your detailed feedback and daily duties. Thank you for all your time with us in Woodland Hills, and best of luck in your future career!

You work on a hourly rate
Packer and Picker (Former Employee) –  Dillon, SCJanuary 10, 2019
I love working at the freight was a great job loved it great people to work around nd love the speed of it all best job i every had nd wont to go back
January 14, 2019

Thanks so much for providing your feedback, and we appreciated having you a part of the team in Dillon. Best of luck in your future career!

positive workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kirksville, MOJanuary 10, 2019
While I was employed at harbor freight tools I loved my coworkers and the managment team. The environment made it very easy to get along with everyone that I worked with and helped me grow as a human being.
January 14, 2019

We were so happy to have you a part of our team in Kirksville, and to know your personal growth while with Harbor Freight Tools. Best of luck in your career goals, and stay in touch!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight