Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,443 reviews matching the search See all 2,449 reviews
awesome Company
Senior logistics associate (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VANovember 16, 2018
Harbor freight is a great company to work for. Managers are awesome and laid back as long as you work to the best of your abilities. Good work/life balance.
Pros
Great benefits and great co-workers
ok palce
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMNovember 14, 2018
It is a good place to work but the hours are very low and if you are not a manager you never get 40. Some staff had to find second jobs to make up hours not given there.
Fun place to work
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WANovember 13, 2018
Some of the mangment is a bit wonkey but it was fun i enjoyed making customer relations and the replacement plans where easy to sell a lot of the infrastructure is old and outdated
November 14, 2018

We greatly appreciate you sharing your feedback as Harbor Freight Tools continues to grow and improve each day. Thanks for being a part of the team in Puyallup, and we look forward to seeing your career growth with us!

Good Place but need to change a few things
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVNovember 12, 2018
I enjoyed working a Harbor tool and freight, good boss, organized, team players, It was a good company but not if you are looking for a full time position, I was never guaranteed hours, which became a problem. Never knowing what my payday would be.
Pros
vacation days and good pay
Cons
Not enough hours, never knowing if you will work that week.
November 14, 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We have listened to the feedback from yourself and others regarding hours and will work to continuously improve in this regard. Best of luck in your future career!

Its okay for someone starting in the workforce
Logistics Supply Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 12, 2018
Its not a bad place to work, its just if you want to grow and you want a job with steady raises and benefits, look elsewhere. The pay rates are low for the job and the hours are not guaranteed, but its good for college students, or for teenagers.
November 14, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your feedback, and best of luck to you in your future career!

It's good, for a part-time job
Associate (Current Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 11, 2018
At first, working at Harbor Freight was pretty great, but now i see that there is no consistency in the leadership team, hours are low, and the pay is okay.

The hours are based on the sales like in most retail stores; however, the more employees leave, no hours change. The usual part-time scheduled hours are from 4 to 11 maybe 12 if you're lucky. After answering call-ins you will get around 16 to 18 hours if you get called at all.

You can get a full-time job if you move to a new store, you are likely to get it over the new employees.

The upside is that you get an employee discount, regardless of how many hours you work.
And if you don't know anything about tools from something like a screwdriver or a hammer, to the specs on a generator or engine, all the way to what a telescoping gantry crane is used for, or what a 12 inch double-bevel sliding compound miter saw with laser guide system means, you will learn it eventually.
Pros
Discounts, Cool toys
Cons
Hours
November 14, 2018

Thank you so much for your extremely detailed feedback on your duties and working at Harbor Freight Tools. Two of our Core Values are doing the right thing and continuous improvement, and by sharing this information, you're helping Harbor Freight be a great place to work. Best of luck in your career journey!

Good
2nd Shift Receiver (Former Employee) –  Dillon, SCNovember 10, 2018
The boxes were heavy, but the money was decent... People like to eat your food out the fridge if you don't watch out for it, but it's always funny to see people complaining about their food.
It was a great job!
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LANovember 9, 2018
I liked working at Harbor Freight USA. The store manager was easygoing and easy to get along with, as long as you took pride in your work. One of my favorite things about this job was helping the customers.
Pros
Helping the customers, coworkers, and managers
Cons
Working overnight unloading freight truck
November 14, 2018

We greatly appreciate you sharing your feedback with us, and are so happy you were part of the team in Gretna. Best of luck in achieving your career goals!

Absolutely Terrible
Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  Donelson, TNNovember 7, 2018
This is the worst place I have ever worked at. the hours are inconsistent, The responsibilities you have are ridiculous, and the company is run by people who have no idea what it takes to run a company.
Pros
nothing.
Cons
Everything.
College Job
RETAIL CLERK/ASSISTANT PRICING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 6, 2018
I held this job as a college student and it was a great way to begin learning about the corporate world. It was a great college experience and I would recommend students to work there.
November 14, 2018

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback, and we agree that Harbor Freight Tools is a flexible and enjoyable place to work for students, as we have many on our teams! Best of luck in your future career and we hope you stay in touch!

Ok but not great
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYNovember 5, 2018
An okay starter job. Not much room for advancement. If you do not like shoving warranties down peoples throat as well as asking people for their phone number i wouldnt reccomend.
Great benefits, inadequate wages
Assistant Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2018
I enjoyed my employment at HFT. They have great Benefits but their wages are less than desirable. It can be labor intensive with pulling products off shelves, climbing ladders, stooping, bending, standing on your feet all day.I would still be there if i was physically able to perform my duties. At the beginning of my illness, my manager did limit my duties to just cashiering but that got to be to much for me.
Pros
great benefits, free lunch during big sale.
Cons
low wages
November 14, 2018

We greatly appreciate your hard work in Houston, TX and appreciate you sharing your experience with us at Harbor Freight Tools. We wish you well, and best of luck in your career journey!

A nice place to work
sales and marketing (Former Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLNovember 4, 2018
Very calm, relaxing, and sometimes fun place to work. As long as you come to do work with a positive attitude you'll enjoy working here. Very simple, but it's still work so be prepared to do things.
Pros
Nice people, very chill, and not stressful
Cons
Mean customers sometimes, and memberships quota
November 14, 2018

Thank you so much for being a part of the team in Lake Wales, and we appreciate you sharing your feedback. Best of luck in your career journey, and stay in touch!

Good compensation, no work/life balance in management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 4, 2018
Good compensation, however the work/life balance that they continually preach was absolutely not true. I worked constantly and anytime payroll was tight, which was always, I worked more.
November 14, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback, know that we are sharing this with the appropriate Associates. Harbor Freight Tools is committed to continuous improvement and excellent work life balance. We wish you the very best in your future career.

Place was horrible.
Warehouse/ retail sales associate (Former Employee) –  Berlin, CTNovember 4, 2018
This place was horrible. The hours were super inconsistent. The managers were bad at their jobs and let the power get to their heads. Over worked for bad pay and breaks got cut short based on the supervisor.
Cons
Short breaks, inconsistent hours, bad management
November 14, 2018

Sorry that you did not have the experience that you wanted at Harbor Freight Tools. We wish you the very best in reaching your career goals!

Tulsa, Ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 4, 2018
It was a great learning experience for me, I knew nothing about tools when I started. When business was good we were given plenty of hours but when it was slow our hours were cut. We got a discount on items that we bought from the store
Pros
Review raises
Cons
Poor management
November 14, 2018

We're sorry that you didn't have the experience that you desired at Harbor Freight Tools, but are happy that it was a good learning experience for you. Thanks for being a part of the team in Tulsa, and best of luck in your career!

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 2, 2018
Good place for a customer service specialist to work! The schedule is very flexible and you can usually get more hours if needed! The is commission on memberships and replacement plans! Just a good company!
November 14, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us, and we were happy to have you a part of the Harbor Freight Tools team. We wish you the best of luck in your future career goals!

productive and good job skills
sales (Former Employee) –  asheville,ncNovember 1, 2018
very productive days, always busy with customers and/or projects.
Training is really good and management gives constructive feedback on job performance so employees know how they are working out.
Pros
upper management is great to work with
Cons
retail schedule
November 14, 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback, and we're proud to hear our team in Asheville, NC is working well together! Best of luck in reaching your future career goals.

not a good place to work for
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAOctober 30, 2018
was hired to open a new store, lot of hours at first then cut back to work once or twice a week and in the middle of the night, low employee morale during my time there
Pros
Cons
low hours and midnight shifts
November 13, 2018

Sorry that you didn't have the experience that you desired in El Centro, but know that we will utilize your feedback in our continuous improvement at Harbor Freight Tools. We wish you the best of luck in your career journey!

Great Job
Never Boring
Always Learning
Always Cleaning
Good Vacation Time
Pros
Pay
November 13, 2018

Wow, thank you so much for your feedback and we appreciate you being a part of the team at Harbor Freight Tools! Best of luck in your career journey and stay in touch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc..

Powered by Comparably