Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,663 reviews matching the search See all 2,670 reviews
easy job to get in but might have poor training
Retail Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAMarch 20, 2019
I would clean and stock shelves. work on register and assisted customers with finding products. I also tended to need to clean the bathrooms and floors.

Personally my training was not very good. I was tossed around from person to person learning different things and in some cases was not taught properly or wasn't told about something. I would get yelled at for not doing a specific task like getting out fliers or looking at the shift book which both were things I was not told I had to do and wasn't told where they were. I would also get yelled at if I had my phone out (I used it to know what time it was) but would see a manager then turn around to talk on his own phone which is very hypocritical.
Pros
make commissions
Cons
sometimes ignores availability and requested time off
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMarch 19, 2019
Good company to work for!! The team is just AMAZING, very knowledgeable, collected and selfless. Positive work environment where people feel valued and appreciated.
Super fun people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAMarch 19, 2019
I loved working here, it's usually a pretty steady beat of pace for work unless there is a sale going on then it gets pretty busy. A typical day is ringing up the customers, taking things back and putting them where they belong, keeping the front of the store clean along with the rest of the store, greeting the customers, answering questions, checking to see if things are in stock, and answering the phone. Hardest part of the job is when its crazy busy and the lines get long, you tend to feel and get a little overwhelmed. The best part is working with a bunch of awesome people on a daily bases and growing a person and with a team.
I was a cashier
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia Heights, MNMarch 19, 2019
I worked there for 3.5 years and days before my vacation they told me I couldn't get my time off, so I had no choice other than quit or get fired.....
Pros
Free lunch during parking lot sales
Cons
Not enough regular hours for part time employees
Fired for reaching out to the D.m
Logistics Associateas (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 18, 2019
They know what took place was wrong .I was terminated by FedEx. I was given 2 different reason for my termination. And I was not allowed all my personal file after my termination
Pros
Pay
Okay place to work
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 18, 2019
When I started it was parttime, then after about 3 years became full time and then that is when new management came in. Hardest part was cashier. I liked the people
Pros
people
Cons
poor working hours
It was a Job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAMarch 18, 2019
Daily routine varied depending of the schedule. Since I was going to school I had to have change my schedule to fit with my school schedule. I learned that as an employee I will have to deal with people who might be aggressive, and rude. Managers were a mix bag with some be great people to some people not so great. The work place was an OK environment. hardest thing was really dealing with customers who were really aggressive. People that I worked with were OK, and some of the managers were OK too.
Pros
flexiable hours
Cons
not enough hours, management, work enviroment
Management sucked they act like they are there to help but they dont.
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLMarch 17, 2019
Yea they promote you quickly. But within that time they are quickly to get rid of you. They expect you to do the job and lead by example but don't even do the same on there side .
Pros
Cons
Bad management
Great compant horrible managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNMarch 16, 2019
I worked for the company for 7 years and never once had the opportunity for advancement not even from part to full time.. They preach that they promote from within while bringing people In off the streets for those positions.. They want you to push the replacement plans and memberships to meet and exceed goals then when you constantly meet and exceed those goals (with in company policy) they put the employee out of work on "leave" while investigating said employee for doing exactly what the company wants... Most stores are poorly managed by people who dont care about the job or the customers they are simply concerned with their title and put ALL responsibilities and duties off on other employees.. They have a bad habit of undervaluing their employees. And will change the schedule on a whim with little to no notice and expect you to phychicly know that they changed the schedule the night before..
Pros
Comish on memberships and warrenties
Cons
Disrespectful, unrelyable hrs, no advancement
Ok
Supervisor of Sales (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 15, 2019
Good company. Every store just depends on the managmet. If part time they will work around school. If your full time good benefits. Work life balance is not great if your a manager.
Pros
Fun customers good benifits
Cons
Lots of work.
Okay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Round Lake, ILMarch 14, 2019
It’s a part time job. Management (above store manager) are horrible. Give the managers impossible tasks which stresses them out which gets taken out on employees. Quick turnaround
Great company to work for
Senior Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 12, 2019
Everyone is eligible for paid time off, the more you work the more time you accumulate. Commission is available for most employees, management receives monthly bonuses instead of commission.
Pros
Pay, hours
change store manager
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nogales, AZ 85621March 12, 2019
i really don’t have nothing to say. harbor frieght tools in nogales arizona is the worst the store manager is horrible need a new one besides the breaks take long to be given
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks no health care for part time
Poor Management
LOGISTICS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 12, 2019
Typical day at work was unloading the delivery truck, stocking the warehouse and restocking the floor.

I learned shipping and receiving skills.

the management there was bad in my opinion

the people i worked with were friendly

the hardest part of the job was having to put everything away

the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to laugh with your co workers while getting the job done
Horrible place to work no communication
Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  Batavia, NYMarch 12, 2019
There's no communication, they say one thing and do another full of drama and major lack of leadership. I was never taught anything by any upper management the entire time I worked there.
Pros
Going home at the end of the day
Cons
The entire environment
It was ok
Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYMarch 11, 2019
I applied for logistics and would be on register for most of my shift due to understaffing and poor hiring decisions. While I was there for 7 months they hired a few ppl and they wouldn’t work for longer than a few weeks. Very toxic upper management with in the store
Pros
Pto
Was not hard job but over worked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 9, 2019
If I needed time off i would have to use paid time off for days I wanted off.Would make workers do other coworker jobs. Worked odd hours and take late lunches
Pros
nothing comes to mind
Cons
late lunches, odd hours to work
Don’t work for this place especially in the sales department!!!!
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 9, 2019
The sales people there are snotty snooty pieces of garbage even the sales Manager you’d ask her something and she’s cut you off in the middle of what you were saying. Same thing with the store manager you ask him something don’t listen. This place had very poor communication and listening skills!!!!
Pros
hanging and talking with the Logistics people
Cons
Everything else
Great people busy business
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 8, 2019
I enjoyed Harbor Freight because of person interest in building and tools. The people were great and very helpful with any questions presented to them.
Enjoyed my interaction with customers
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAMarch 7, 2019
Very stressful; low pay; management was lazy and the men were very inappropriate towards the female associates. Associates were made to do managements duties while they did nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight