Harbor Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Don't bother
OC (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXOctober 1, 2018
Very little training but still expected to know everything regardless. HR does nothing when a complaint is made but still claims to care about how employees feel. Administration is rude and has no patience with new employees.
Please save your life and look for another job!
LVN skilled nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX. Kirby locationSeptember 15, 2018
They don’t know what they are doing. If you can be driving al over Texas then that’s fine! You will be asked to drive like 70 miles to a patient and then drive another 50 miles to the next patient! Very little training!
benefits
Benefits
Not recommended
RN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2018
Ok place to work if you don’t mind being overworked, underpaid, regularly lied to, and required to meet unrealistic expectations. Very unprofessional not concerned about staff retention or quality care.
Pros
Occasional flexibility
Cons
Low pay, long hours, lack of training & resources, unprofessional management
Awful and very unstable
Office Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, San Antonio, Austin TXApril 17, 2018
I worked San Antonio, Austin and New Braunfels sites. They refused to pay me travel time and complained about my mileage, I worked in the office with a census of up to 60 patients in Austin and and was not allowed to work over time but got in trouble if everything was not done even though I had no Director of nurses or Administrator. I had no resources or support to do my job I couldn't even get a working printer in the San Antonio office it was horrible. I had no training the only good thing I got out of this job was the experience.
Pros
Experience
Cons
pretty much everything
The current leader in charge is ruining the company's reputation.
Field Worker (Former Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MIApril 11, 2018
Leadership is a click group and the reputation is not positive. Staff members have a relaxed "urban" attitude. Survival of the fittest.The lead marketer seems lazy.
Dont work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 15, 2018
Horrible horrible horrible management, no growth unless your sleeping your way up the ladder. Employees talked down on . .....overall horrible place to work.
productive and fun
Staff Nurse LPN (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXFebruary 19, 2018
We were a family not just employees. We work as a team. So when the company closed. It left a void. Management/ the owner never gave and explanation why!
Pros
family development
Cons
sometimes no break
Poor Management
Puppet (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 27, 2018
Jokes in suits....not all but majority. When things hit the fan, everyone gets blamed but the sole person involved. I never understood why some of the people made it to the top.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Good Ole Boy System
Fun place to work if you love and enjoy doing what you do
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clear Lake City, TXJanuary 19, 2018
Harbor hospice is a great place to work. It’s involves plenty of driving. If your not the type that likes to drive do not apply. Part-time working doesn’t receive pto not benifits.
Pros
Flexible schedule, one to one patient ratio
Cons
Part-time no benefits or pto.
Difficult company to work for
Purchasing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 17, 2017
This company would be great if it weren't for the personalities in upper management. They are quick to blame and fire employees. Most employees don't stay here long. The ones that have been there for a few years are the problem.
Pros
Pay is competitive
Cons
Cost of health insurance is very high
It was a job
LVN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2017
I went in for an interview an was hired on the spot. I didn't work there long at all after I seen how many patients the nurses was given. They would really give you 11 hospice patients that was dying. To much work not enough time in the day. I would say they had good team work.
Work here at your own professional peril.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXNovember 15, 2017
Leadership was constantly undermined by a manipulative director. Owner (and a few former employees) under investigation for fraud by the Dept. Of Justice and FBI.
Charts and patients files were being manipulated for billing purposes.
I'm honestly surprised it's still open. Well, a few offices are.
Those who left, even giving 2 weeks notice were not being given our final paychecks.
We reported them to the Labor Board.
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
Unethical business practices.
Harbor HealthCare Review
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 17, 2017
Great place to work. great benefits, great working environment. I really enjoyed my time there. I would recommend this job to anyone. Overall, it was a great place.
Horrible horrible horrible
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 7, 2017
Horrible management, manager has no experience at what she's doing, manager is passive aggressive, manager refuses to help, company trying to defraud Medicare and lying to medical director. Trying to send nurses out of service areas to see patients, lying on paperwork. Hiding charts from state assessors. Need I go on. Do NOT Work here. You'll regret it.
Pros
Cons
Manager is rude. Manager thinks she owns company.
Great learning experience
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 14, 2017
Healthcare is a very stressful job and not for everyone. Great people to work with who truly have beautiful hearts but lack of leadership from home office.
An ok workplace
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 29, 2017
my overall experience was not bad i enjoyed the work enviroment
and its was a life changing experience
everyone is usually not that fair but overrall ok
Nice place to work
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 3, 2017
This is a great place to work. Everyone are team players and making sure that their patients come first is their main focus. They're a awesome company to work for.
Great Company
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 2, 2017
Harbor believes in investing in their staff and provides employees with leadership and professional development opportunities to enhance their knowledge and career satisfaction
Pros
Pto, Benefits
Great Company
LVN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2017
I LOVE working for Harbor Healthcare System. I truly enjoy coming to work each day, my co-workers are like my family. Management is very organized and clear in what they expect from you. This is a newer company that is doing everything right to expand and become established. I enjoy working with patients everyday, and I provided with the tools I need to succeed.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
Large workload, overwhelming at times
Do your research before you accept the position.....
Corporate Office (Former Employee) –  Harbor Healthcare Systems, Beaumont, TexasFebruary 21, 2017
My job by all means was not hard. The current software and process of doing things are outdated. Something that should only take two steps to process takes you at least 10 steps. The work space was very crowded. The person in charge of training was controlling and rude numerous times.
If you want a good team working for you in your department, you must become a good team leader, if not you will always be searching for new employees. A little kindness goes a long way and makes a better work environment.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Crowded work space, Lack of professionalism, Controlling environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harbor Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4