Harborside Healthcare Employee Reviews

Fast-paced work.
Cook/various other jobs (Former Employee) –  Bryan, OHSeptember 11, 2018
Learned various jobs that were all time-sensitive, and fast-paced. Communication needed work, especially between other departments within the company. Got along well with other workers, which made the day go better. There were a lot of call-in's, which meant they called the more reliable people all the time.
Pros
Very little drama within the department.
Cons
People called in a lot.
I was not happy with the working conditions so I found other employment.
R.N. Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 13, 2018
I found that I was not happy working at this facility. I determined I needed to find employment that fit my working desires and I went to Palm Garden and found what I was looking for.
Company does not exist
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandwich, MAJuly 3, 2018
It has been years since I worked there and the company no longer exists. I no longer live in the state The building exists, but I have no knowledge of the company that owns it.
Stressful position
DIRECTOR OF SOCIAL SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMarch 10, 2018
I enjoyed working with the residents', families and many co-workers. The job was intense and stressful due to the fact that never felt like enough hours in the day to get your job done.
Pros
salary, benefits, friendships developed
Cons
work load, large company
The state came in and almost shut it down.
Kitchen Manager/Chef (Former Employee) –  Milford, NHFebruary 6, 2018
This community had so many health violations medical and kitchen. Their director was locked out of her office with her personal belongings outside her door. Not a very well run Retirement Facility.
Corporate Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 17, 2017
As the Corporate Director of Operations and Outcomes I was responsible for 38 of the 76 facilities. I would review the portfolio with my divisional nurses and develop plans to improve the outcomes of each center. In this position I learned how to multitask and prioritize the needs from the most severe to the need of assistance. The culture was one where you could make recommendations based on observations and outcomes to the Senior VP of Clinical without any reprisal. The hardest part of the job was turnover in communities that were already struggling. I would with assistance from Corporate create job fairs. The most enjoyable part of my job was when the hard work of the staff paid off.
Pros
Management was approachable
Cons
Changing regulatory environment
Stressful work enviroment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Broadview Heights, OHNovember 21, 2017
I felt that the management at this facility pigeon holed you in to a box and left you there. Means of communication was almost non existent. I worked many units. Sometimes 3 in a 12 hour shift. 4 hours on one hall only to move to another and then another did allow for proper care in my opinion.
Pros
A few caring team members with longevity
Cons
Poorly managed in some areas and micromanaged in others.
I enjoyed being a charge nurse.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Broadview Heights, OHNovember 13, 2017
I started as a charge nurse, became a supervisor and than the ADON. The company was always being bought out but the employees always stayed. It was like a family.
Pros
close to home
It's ok
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHOctober 26, 2017
Nice job for new nurse with room to grow. Good management, especially nursing management. Good location and large facility. Caring staff. Nice place to start a nursing career.
great place
C N A (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHSeptember 10, 2017
i really enjoyed working there. it had a very welcoming atmosphere. everyone got along and worked well together. the residents and there families were very pleasant.
Pros
safe environment.
Cons
at time it may be sort staffed

Want to know more about Harborside Healthcare?

Ask a question
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 28, 2017
i would recommend anybody to work at Harborside Healthcare, very friendly place they thread you like family, and you fell like you belong there, they very understanding.
Pros
flexibility, stress free
Great company- positive work environment
Corp. Dir. of Clinical Operations and Outcomes (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 2, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed working for Harborside. Great Management team-co-workers. Believed in work life balance, promoted within, good benefits & salary. Positive work environment.
Pros
Strong, supportive management
Staffing issues
Assistant DON and Acting DON (Former Employee) –  Bryan, OHJune 29, 2017
Long term care is a difficult field. The patient load is always heavy. Staffing was a huge problem to handle as was employee maintenance and turn over. There was always a constant hiring and termination in this position.
Please atmosphere and caring staff
Social Service Director (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 19, 2017
The staff at Harborside was very caring for the residents and it showed in their daily interaction with the resident, staff and outside agencies. Administration was very hands on with staff and this made for a positive work environment.
Great place to learn new skills.
Licensed Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milford, NHMay 3, 2017
Learned a lot of new things that weren't covered in school. Great residents and patients. Small facility ( think the name has changed tho) but very pleasant.
typical elderlycare place
Assisting in activities of daily living (Former Employee) –  Milford, NHApril 22, 2017
Understaffed. Overworked staff .Pay wasn't comparable to other nursing homes in the area.Managment was helpful.People working there were hard working nice people.
excellent company
Director of Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  Baltimore marylandMarch 22, 2017
team coordination, PPs management, Med B mangement, employee and HR management, financial management . excellent team and workplace environment , amazind supervisor.
Pros
supervision
Cons
location
Fun place to work, and you get to help people!
Trainer/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 20, 2017
I learned so much from my coworkers while I was there. They are one of the biggest things I miss. The work environment is fun and the people are awesome.
It's unfortunate that I was presented with a different opportunity and Harborside found it as a conflict of interest. Had that not been the case, I would still work there.
Pros
People
Cons
Dealing with difficult patients at times
Repetitive work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  New Heaven, INSeptember 22, 2016
I prep and cooked meals 5 to 6 days a week. Management was okay never had an issue with them or any co workers There was nothing really hard about the job it was very routine, was not the best of jobs, but it was a job and it help pay the bills.
cota duties
Splinting Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTAugust 29, 2016
skilled Intervention activities of daily living skills-skilled nursing- great co worker team with solid foundations