Harborside Healthcare Management reviews

Corporate Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 17, 2017
As the Corporate Director of Operations and Outcomes I was responsible for 38 of the 76 facilities. I would review the portfolio with my divisional nurses and develop plans to improve the outcomes of each center. In this position I learned how to multitask and prioritize the needs from the most severe to the need of assistance. The culture was one where you could make recommendations based on observations and outcomes to the Senior VP of Clinical without any reprisal. The hardest part of the job was turnover in communities that were already struggling. I would with assistance from Corporate create job fairs. The most enjoyable part of my job was when the hard work of the staff paid off.
Pros
Management was approachable
Cons
Changing regulatory environment
Stressful work enviroment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Broadview Heights, OHNovember 21, 2017
I felt that the management at this facility pigeon holed you in to a box and left you there. Means of communication was almost non existent. I worked many units. Sometimes 3 in a 12 hour shift. 4 hours on one hall only to move to another and then another did allow for proper care in my opinion.
Pros
A few caring team members with longevity
Cons
Poorly managed in some areas and micromanaged in others.
It's ok
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHOctober 26, 2017
Nice job for new nurse with room to grow. Good management, especially nursing management. Good location and large facility. Caring staff. Nice place to start a nursing career.
Great company- positive work environment
Corp. Dir. of Clinical Operations and Outcomes (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 2, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed working for Harborside. Great Management team-co-workers. Believed in work life balance, promoted within, good benefits & salary. Positive work environment.
Pros
Strong, supportive management
Staffing issues
Assistant DON and Acting DON (Former Employee) –  Bryan, OHJune 29, 2017
Long term care is a difficult field. The patient load is always heavy. Staffing was a huge problem to handle as was employee maintenance and turn over. There was always a constant hiring and termination in this position.
excellent company
Director of Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  Baltimore marylandMarch 22, 2017
team coordination, PPs management, Med B mangement, employee and HR management, financial management . excellent team and workplace environment , amazind supervisor.
Pros
supervision
Cons
location
Repetitive work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  New Heaven, INSeptember 22, 2016
I prep and cooked meals 5 to 6 days a week. Management was okay never had an issue with them or any co workers There was nothing really hard about the job it was very routine, was not the best of jobs, but it was a job and it help pay the bills.
fun co workers
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OH park eastJune 7, 2015
Learned about work moral and how important proper leadership was. Improved organizational skills. The hardest part about the job was the lack of opportunity. Management was very poor , they didn't get along with each other and were constantly fighting with each other.
Pros
easy work
Cons
unorganized management in fighting
Poor
Social Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHJanuary 11, 2015
Long term care is tricky and can begin to get to staff quickly. Coupled with the fact that the company changed hands and there was new management made things tense. Hours and staff were cut to bare bones and with that benefits were cut. This was the basis for leaving.
My experience as a charge nurse at Harborside Healthcare
Charge Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, NHAugust 3, 2014
I learned so much at harborside as I was a new nurse in 2003. I worked on the Dementia unit and loved the management, the residents, co-workers. I received so much satisfaction for caring of the elderly. My typical work day was the medication pass, wound care, charting, and helping the LNA's in any way I could.
A great place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 27, 2013
it was a fun place to work my whole team was a team player and the management trained good. the hardest part of the job was month ending each one of the accounts payable coordinators had over 200 batches to key in with in the 3 days time frame for month ending. the most enjoyable part is when we have short days on fridays.
Pros
benefits was great
Cons
short lunch breaks
Poorly run Nursing Home
LPN (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYJuly 17, 2013
30-50 /resident per Nurse, Not enough staff. Very few staff who cared. Poor resident care. Management who did not care, budget above all else.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Lack of staff
Productive Place to Work
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OHJune 11, 2013
I worked all 3-shifts. I learned to management my time. To take my job seriously. I learned to be a woman of my word. I learned team work, instead of complaining about what was not done to just do it and do it to the best of my ability. The hardest part of my job was seeing a few of my residents pass on. Having such a bond with them and they pass on was hard.
I worked under some great nurses and they taught me all that I know today as with compassion, being a woman of my word, and dong the right thing when someone is watching or when they are not watching.
Pros
Bonding with my residents and taking care of them
Cons
Watching some of my resdients pass on.
No regard for resident's feelings
CNA (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYMarch 22, 2013
This place is all about money, and nothing else. No one, not even the management cared about any of the patients, aside from doing your daily duties, there was no actual person there, just another patient. No help from any of the nurses either. you are the CNA, do it all yourself.
Pros
pays ok
Cons
everything else
Staff PT in a Nursing home.
Staff PT (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OhioOctober 28, 2012
Wonderful environment to work with the elderly...often felt like entering a little town and treating the town folk.

Demanding due to the environment but pleasant staff made it worth the efforts necessary. Little opportunity for advancement and non-existent management due to difficulty in hiring a lasting person.
Pros
great environment and staff
Cons
little opportunity for advancement and poor management
Tense and unfriendly workplace.
Staff Educator/Assistant Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Mashpee, MASeptember 29, 2012
A typical day would begin with a daily management meeting with a clinical review, I did learn a lot about long term care processes. The management team was not cohesive and there was a lot of negative energy. I really did not make any significant relationships with co-workers as the administrator discouraged a friendly work environment, The hardest part of this job was going in every day and facing a negative environment. The most enjoyable part of my job were the off site meetings with the corporate team who were knowledgeable and friendly.
Pros
working monday thru friday, no weekends, no holidays.
Cons
unfriendly work environment
Left only to obtain full time employment
Maternal child care and homemaker hiatus/LPN (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJune 20, 2012
Management were easy to get along with. Kept me busy with needed work hours as needed.This company is a nursing fill in placement agency. It provided flexibility whether I wanted to work that day or for any specific company.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no insurance benefits