Hard Rock International Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,240 reviews matching the search See all 1,699 reviews
Holidays
EVS Casino Attendant (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKJuly 16, 2018
Hard Rock in Catoosa did participate in holidays. They would have dinners in the EDR, costume contests at Halloween, angel trees at Christmastime, etc. I worked overnights so we didn't get the full impact, but it was fun during the holidays.
Pros
The benefits are great. Insurance, bonuses, etc.
Cons
The pay isn't great for such a huge business.
Fun place to work
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 14, 2018
Great company to work for. Depending on which department you get into can be very stressful. You can meet great people and build some amazing friendships as well as a new family
Pros
Free lunch, pay is decent
Cons
The music and atmosphere is awesome
Server/ banquet captain (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 13, 2018
I learned how to do banquets. Amazing experience. I’ve done a lot in this restaurant. Worked retail. Hosted everything you could think of including kitchen.
Pros
401k medical insurance
Cons
Lack of chance to advance.
Fun place
Line Cook and Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 13, 2018
Hard Rock Cafe is a great place to work. They have great environment to work in as well as convenient hours to balance betwwen work and home life. The staff is understanding.
Fun working environment
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 12, 2018
It was a satisfying place to work, I enjoyed my management team, co workers and season ticket holder that became family. The hours was short and their was no benefits but they treated us with respect and protected us at all times.
Pros
Gift Certificates and token to shop at the gift shop
Cons
stand on your feet for duration of work hours
Hard Rock is a great company to work for.
Hard Rock Server (Current Employee) –  Northfield, OHJuly 11, 2018
Managers and staff were always great to work with, the hardest part of the job was when it would get extremely busy but even then managers would help out if you were in the weeds. Rarely ever got yelled at.
fair
Server & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLJuly 10, 2018
its a way for college students to make some money
can not be regarded as a life long career
collegues are nice, full of passion
can get everthing in the cafe and the merchandise shop for half price
Corporate Takeover
Employee (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 8, 2018
Hostile corporate takeover
New management changes
The new menu is terrible
Management is always stressed and only care about thier bonuses
Management lies to the upper level management stating this is a “family” working environment
Employees are treated like garbage unless you are a favorite
Sakes/Marketing is a joke

Hopefully with the new opening will bring new management or most of us will quit
Pros
Good Benefits and flexible schedules
Cons
Needs new management and less hostile environment
Hardrock is fun place to work
Busser/Food Runner/expo (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 8, 2018
Lease on shift was 50$ or more u double like me everyday you going with 120 if u make u servers and costumer happy and let them enjoy there food some just wanna see the band get a drink and relax so we also prepared for that.
Hard rock
Food Preparation Lead (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 5, 2018
Working for hard rock cafe was a great experience with face paced customer service at its best with a great menu to choose from. Working there they made you feel welcomed.
Pros
Food
Cons
I actually liked working here.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2018
I liked it here, Even though I didn't agree sometimes with my direct supervisor but in overall rating it was very good. The pay was Good and the people they hire are the right ones most of the time. I don't regret leaving but I don't have anything bad to say about this establishment. Good choice for work.
Great company
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  San Francisco County, CAJuly 5, 2018
I like this company, their corporative culture! Suitable for those who can work under the pressure (because of thousand custoers daily) and you have to be a great team member.
Fast Paced Environment
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 2, 2018
It is a very fast paced work environment and sometimes not everything will go right, but the work environment with the people around there make it a little easier, but there are some challenging moments that make it a very, sometimes, stressful place to work.
Decent for what it was
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKJune 30, 2018
If you're into drama and being set up to fair, Hard Rock is the place for you. They work their security officers like dogs 12 to 16 hour shifts a day. No breaks unless you just go on break, no lunch unless you just do it but run the risk of getting in trouble for it,
Great shows with energetic people
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 30, 2018
I loved Hard Rick Cafe. It was such a fun place to work and my team made it even better. The shows and music they provide helps you keep that high energy when working because when you’re making drinks you can just bop along to the music and give the guest at the bar a show while listening to the actual show.
Fun
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 28, 2018
Very fun place to work, flexible hours, a lot of opportunity. Management is a little strict but they were cool people. The staff wasn't too reliable or trustworthy.
Rock star to no star
FOOD SERVER (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2018
First of all most of my coworkers are what keep me coming back for another day. There is a sense of family among the hourly staff.

Whereas this company started out for me with daily motivation and encouragement. It has paled in the last few years. I am grateful to have a job that brings in an income, benefits etc. However, the uncertainty of late is disconcerting. I am forced to seek supplemental or complete replacement of employment because of the fluctuation in my schedule and business flow.

Management seems to lack a hard line when it comes to coworkers who are consistently breaking rules and policies. I am self sufficient as a rule and practice. But it would be nice to know that I am doing a good job.
Pros
Hotschedules, insurance affordability, great co workers
Cons
inconsistency of management support, lack of clear information, schedule insecurity
complicated work place
Pressure Washer (Former Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLJune 25, 2018
not a job worth having. not allot of hours I need of a better life opportunity in need of more work. working for the hard rock, I didn't gain any type of benefits!
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
non
Fun place to work if you like massive overtime at random.
Senior Overnight Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJune 22, 2018
Lots of overtime in the summer or around big events. Not much opportunities for advancement. Low pay but average for the industry. Smoking on casino floor.
Pros
Paid breaks
It was okay
Barista (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 21, 2018
The experience I wanted it to be great but the management were poor excuses of what a leader should exemplify. They did not care about employees nor did they take the time out to build a relationship with anyone. They did not have any knowledge of working at a Hard Rock or even a barista job in general.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hard Rock International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight