Hard Rock International Employee Reviews

a great place to work for. fun and tream workplace
Inspector/ lead (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 27, 2018
i have learned a lot work here. like working with other managers and crew in deferent departments and setting up for events and concerts and more. management is wonderful to work with and for, treat all employees the same. there was not much hardness part. the enjoyable part is to see a lot of celebrities coming and going.
Pros
free lunch and good paid benefits and bonuses and more
Cons
not realy any cons maybe hard to get employment.
enjoyable place to work
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 26, 2018
fun place to work i learned how to make beds cleaned bathroom and had a blast. hard rock is a great they are layered back and they make you feel comfortable you can have tattoos dye your hair any color and they don't judge you.
great place
cook (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMay 24, 2018
only bad side is so many procedures to change small things not to much freedom when it comes to menus but other then that is a fun atmosphere and great experienc
good place to work
EVENT COORDINATOR / ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Times Square, NYMay 18, 2018
The Hard Rock was a great place to begin my career it was a great atmosphere and a typical day was fun and enjoyable. i learned a lot that i will use in the future
Pros
good food
Cons
lots of food
live sound
Live Sound Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 17, 2018
Lots of corporate parties. Seattle's hipster culture did not draw the locals . more private parties with acoustic dinners.
Management turnover rate was 2 per year
Fun place but it takes over your life.
Operations and Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 17, 2018
Really fun place to work but we were always short managers. You should not work here if you have kids or pets. The surprizing thing was they never made a attempt to bring new managers onboard.
poor
Chef D' Cusine (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMay 16, 2018
n/a low wages, low pay, no respect to employees, long hours, friendly employees, poor upper management, not enough benefits, too long of hours, no drug test, will hire just about anyone
Colorful Culture with Unlimited Potential to Advance
GUEST EVENT SPECIALIST/INTERIM MIXOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 12, 2018
I work in the banquet department and my job description includes making sure event is set-up to client standard, proper culinary practices are met and adhered too, interim bartender when needed. Management is always encouraging the staff the develop themselves and to set goals for themselves. Hardest part of the job is during Comic Con. For the last 4 years I have been part of a team that works closely with Entertainment Weekly Magazine, which holds the largest press conference for talent during the event. Getting to be myself everyday is the best part of my job and it is always encouraged.
Pros
Fairness of standard for all staff is the same
Cons
i don't have any cons to relay
Friends
SERVER/ SERVER TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMay 11, 2018
Hard Rock is a very busy , fun place to work, one of my FAVORITE jobs of all time.
The friends, no the FAMILY I have met from working there is like no other.
Life time bonds.
Love it
Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2018
I loved working at Hard Rock Cafe! It was fun, fast paced environment. I met. A lot of people. I enven made a few friendships along the way. The Music choice was remarkable.
Fast-paced restaurant on the strip
Server / Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 9, 2018
Hard Rock Cafe is a fun fast paced place to work. I learned a lot about serving international guests and international customs. Management is ALWAYS changing. There is always a new General Manager, and the management team is like a revolving door. Like most restaurants in vacation destinations, the hardest part of the job is the money, tips are hard to come by and they are usually not proper. The most enjoyable part of the job is the environment and music, the co-workers you will have make getting through a shift easy.
Pros
Music
Cons
Money
Fun place to work
Orlando, FL - Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 9, 2018
I hated leaving my original store. Great place to work, Fun employees, but management suffered. No leadership to motivate coworkers. Sad to see it fall from grace.
Best place to work
Corpoate Supervisor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 9, 2018
If you want to absolutely LOVE your job then this is it. Promotes from within. You will be recognized for your hard work here. Wonderful people and management.
Not What You'd Expect
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 8, 2018
The place is amazing, but the rock and roll is a mirage directed for the guests. It is a business and is run as such, as long as you understand that you'll be fine.
Good work environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Northfield, OHMay 6, 2018
Recommended place to work with advancement. Friendly environment with professional help in all areas needed to exceed any task or issue at hand.A+ work
Fun place to work!!!!
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 4, 2018
It was fun working there even though I had to stand on my feet a lot but its cool. I meet a lot of cool employees and some of them wasn't all that but it was fun.
Good
CHEF -PRIMARY DUTIES FRY AND GRILL (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 4, 2018
1.Was busy from start to the end of the work day

Inexperience

6.Customer feedback indicated that we/I were presenting meals as requested
Location Location Location
Server (Former Employee) –  VariousMay 2, 2018
The idea of Hard Rock and their stated company culture is great. In practice, however, it's a different story.
The Hard Rock in Vegas is amazing, the one in Nashville, super fun. The Hard Rock in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee is one of the most poorly managed and un rock and roll like environments I've ever experienced. "Talent" is typically over 50 cover bands, folksy soul slowing tunes and a decided lack of rock and roll/popular music. Management cares about nothing but getting to retirement. It's too bad, too, because there are people who really do want to advance, but can't due to outdated and lopsided management styles. The management there is in their sixties and has been together for over ten years. So, they cover for each other, no matter what. Theft is rampant, drug use is the norm - not just tolerated, but in some cases, encouraged - safety concerns are ignored, as are corporate and federal policies. speaking up will get you fired. Reporting to corporate will get you nothing. It's one of the weirdest places I've ever worked.
Give it a chance but know that unless you toe the line, keep your mouth shut and ignore all shady stuff, you won't last.
Pros
Decent discounts (food and merch)
Cons
Poor Management, lack of concern for well being of staff, poor advancement opportunity
very productive
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 1, 2018
Great management. Seasonal job. busy times only during baseball season. overall great staff, strict with policies, and tardiness. everything is made in house
Great place to start your career
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 30, 2018
I learned a ton while working at the Hard Rock Hotel for 3+ years. Take advantage of every opportunity you get, and don't be afraid to challenge yourself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hard Rock International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.3Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight